I'm on episode 14 of Evangelion and I love her character so far. What do you think about her?

I'm on episode 14 of Evangelion and I love her character so far. What do you think about her?

A fucking hero and possibly the greatest female character in anime

Total agree

Only decent character

She's a fucking shotacon slut

I was about to make her my waifu but then I saw her lust for the chad's dick so I hate her now.

> he doesn't self insert as Kaji

She'll fuck Shinji.

Only sane one.

Always liked her.

>doesn't post a screencap
You better be watching the BDs.

She's beautiful.
She's an emotional mess and a wreck of a person, but she's able to keep her head on straight whenever she's on-duty, which is the most you can ask for in a war to save the world.
I bet she has a purple muff too.

Best girl

She didn't get what she deserved
true, long-term happiness

I want to frick her.

Easy with the language, buddy.

Best character along with Shinji (well, after Asuka though).

She did though? She ended up in instrumentality having messy college sex with Kaji forever.

But let's not forget penpen

Rei is infinitely better than any of the other females in the show, prove me wrong.

If Asuka was in front of you right now, would you say that to her face?

If Asuka was in front of me I'd say "Suck my cock dude."

No you wouldn't. In all likelihood you'd look her up and down and think to yourself "this is such a good cosplay, what the hell..."

Really good character. Eva's strengths have always been its characters, because all of the main cast have enough layers to them that you can see them as real people instead of cardboard cutouts. They all have reasons for what they do, and their actions follows pretty organically from those backstories.

Misato is determined and has seen some shit, which lets her keep her cool most of the time even as the world is in danger of ending. Because fuck, she's been at the end of the world before and this isn't that bad yet. But at the same time, she is emotionally stunted as a result of her traumatic childhood basically rendering her catatonic for years, on top of the daddy issues she was going to have from her father anyway, so her personal life is a total mess.

Shinji coming to live with her was actually really good for her, because it forced her to take on a more responsible role at home too, provided some stability in her life, and gave her a relationship with a male that she couldn't just obfuscate with easy sex (no matter how much certain people are going to disagree on that one).

That's a good thing

Enjoy your emotionless "human" fuckdoll

Rei is a decoy heroine that ends up virtually disappearing from the show after Asuka arrives, and spends the last third of the show/entire movie as nothing more than a barely speaking plot device.

There's no logic to Asuka hating herself.

If Asuka was real and I had to answer that question that would mean Rei was real as well, meaning that I would undoubtedly say yes because I know I'm closer to Rei than I ever have been.

>there is no logic
>what is depression

Depression and psychological disorders are never logical.

Or real

Depression doesn't make you hate yourself. Depression just makes you feel lousy, tired, and hollow all the time.
Hating yourself has to be brought on by something specific, and I don't see any reason for it to be the case with Asuka.

What do you mean not real?

pls no

>Depression just makes you feel lousy, tired, and hollow all the time.
That's a few things that can make you hate yourself. But it's a stupid semantics game you're playing anyway.

Let's not.

You don't know much about depression, do you? There are many types, you can't generalize it like this. You can hate yourself for not being able to solve it yourself, which is also part of Asuka's case.

Some girl said that depression wasn't real because she hadn't experienced it.

>You can hate yourself for not being able to solve it yourself

Asuka never says anything remotely like that.
Her hating herself is never actually justified at all. It's just Anno projecting.

Then car crashes are also not real, because she hadn't experienced it?

Asuka reached a point where it seemed she has nothing left, she is not the best pilot, there are people who are academically better than her and her female appeal seems to be non existent, as she can't get the attention of the ones she wants to have. It's reason enough to feel that you are at fault and there is a problem with yourself, and if you are your problem, then you can hate yourself.

alcohol is kewl

>Asuka never says anything remotely like that.
>If a character doesn't explicitly say it it's as if it doesn't happen
Why are anime fans not able to empathize or read into subtext

>It's just Anno projecting.
Yeah no shit

Lmao like just be happy, baka at fags who can't stop being sad

No Asuka hates herself because she hated how actually feminine and helpless her mom was. Asuka's personality was also probably like her mom's.

The aggressive attitude is fake because she hates her true self because she considers it weak, same with Shinji. Shinji is too much like her actual self and Asuka hates him for that. That's why she stuff like periods and having kids.

The problem is that Asuka is too smart to fall for the idea that she's the problem. Obviously the circumstances were the problem. I guess you could say that Asuka was the problem insofar as she represents the convergence of those circumstances, but it wouldn't make any more sense to hate Asuka than it would to hate the weather.

Correct, car crashes are reddit propaganda.

washed up slut

not even the greatest female character in her own series

She's good. Not as good as Ritsuko tho.

have you ever interacted with humans? most people are very bad at liking themselves and know how dumb that is which only makes it worse for them
There are plenty of reasons for Asuka to hate herself, obviously it's still a bad thing to do that but that is not how depression or self hatred works

surprise, baka

It doesn't matter how smart is someone when you have a mental disorder. A depressed mind has illogical thoughts.

I'm human, and about as close to Asuka as a person can get without the existence of angels and evangelions. I don't hate myself at all, the narcissism isn't an act or something like that.

The only way you can hate yourself is if you pay attention to other people and what they want. Self hatred isn't a part of individuality, it's a part of human culture. People are taught to think badly of themselves, and speak badly of themselves, so they won't make others feel inadequate by comparison.

Used goods and alcoholic but almost my favorite
almost

She is short. Adorable, though

That's weird, mate. Just go in nofap to find people who hate themselves.

You must be 18 to post here.

>tfw you self-insert as all the three children simultaneously because you relate with all of them on some level.

If someone is doing some social trend like 'nofap' it already sounds like they're not much of an individual, so how does that go against what I said?

Of course self hatred mostly rises through reflection and interaction with other humans. What's your point? That's where it comes from Asuka's case too. She's unable to perform up to her standards and feels mistreated outwardly all the while in her head it's her own insecurities telling her the fault is with her, yet she can't find and resolve it.

Stop talking about Asuka and Rei in Misato's thread.

Guess they should've made her a more interesting character

I never understood why Misato is so appealing to others.

>She's unable to perform up to her standards and feels mistreated outwardly all the while in her head it's her own insecurities telling her the fault is with her, yet she can't find and resolve it.

This is the part where Anno is projecting. Somebody who is really on their own team, in the way Asuka is and Shinji isn't, they don't put themself down. They don't see themself as the fault. If the eva won't synch it's the eva's fault, or nerv's fault or the world's fault.

It's well established that Shinji is Anno's self-insert, and he's not very much like the other characters, so it's only natural that he would project some of his/Shinji's qualities onto others where they don't belong. Self hatred is one of them.

>CAPTAIN IN THE STREETS
>NEET IN THE SHEETS
A absolute best

I'm not sure who Misato is supposed to target. She's something in between a mother and a big sister, but weirdly manipulative and slutty.

Deep inside she knows it's not other's fault.

An individualist doesn't have that learned self blame response that you have. It's very useful for society to have people that way, it makes them flagellate themselves whenever they fall on hard times. You get people to tyrannize themselves.

There's no logical basis to it obviously. It's not Asuka's fault that her sync rates went low, it was a perfect storm of circumstances. Others trampling on her emotions, biological processes interrupting at crucial days, etc.

>Somebody who is really on their own team, in the way Asuka is and Shinji isn't, they don't put themself down.
You're smart enough to be able to reason about this yet can't recognize that this is just her self-defense mechanism to cover up how she really is. Her character is in a constant conflict, that's the whole point. Outwards she is individualistic and self-reliant but that's just something she has tried to build up because of her past experiences and own insecurities. That's the whole point, the situation she's put in breaks this down, which is finally seen in Ep. 22 and that destroys her.

Of course if you somehow manage to miss this her character seems off balanced and inconsistent but I didn't believe someone who actually tried to analyze the characters would manage to miss this.

Kaiji may be a womanizer, but he's not a Chad. He's the only male character that gets Shinji.

I don't know where you get this shit from, but self blame is not learned, you can get to that conclusion by yourself.

Basically your entire way of thinking is learned. You have no idea how differently you would think about things if you were born in a different part of the world, let alone if you weren't part of any civilization at all.

This is an interesting piece of trivia. Did you know that among people who have auditory hallucinations, the nature of the hallucinations is decided by the nation of birth? People in India hear soothing and calm voices, while Americans feel threatening and angry voices.

fpbp

You're thinking of Asuka incorrectly. The part she uses to hide the rest of her, the boastful and proud side, it isn't false or a mask.

Asuka is like an iceberg. The part she exposes to others, gnarled and formidable looking, it's about 10% of her. The submerged portion which is smooth and supple but concealed, it represents the other 90%.

what even is your point anymore? didn't this conversation start because you thought Asuka is a bad character because her self hate is irrational?

Woah woah, why are you blaming others for the state of the conversation? Deep down you know it's your own fault

It isn't false, but it's not her dominant characteristic. She decided to be that way growing up because she didn't want to rely on others, but is continuously haunted by her insecurities. Both are still important aspects of her personality and that's what causes the conflict.

Funnily enough you've similarly decided that her character doesn't make sense beforehand and then try to reason yourself out of it. You don't actually willfully need to look at her that way. It kinda implies that you think they intentionally fucked up her characterization.

lmao

The true lead of the series, for a great deal of it anyway. The three children are just sidebars.

Do people think they were fucking the whole time? Or that she was at least molesting him?

wait, are you still I read this conversation as you defending that statement and it stopped making sense at some point unless you are different anons

No, the character makes sense in general and is very accurate. The only part where Anno tried to punch above his weight and missed the mark was with the self hatred bit. Asuka simply wouldn't have hated herself.

Anno would've done better to not try to go so 'deep' with Asuka's characterization, he was bound to project some of his own qualities onto her. He got overconfident.

I don't mind a slutty sismom.
She's not manipulative, though. Shinji has to fight or else the Angels kill everyone, and so she kinda has to force him.

>She's not manipulative, though. Shinji has to fight or else the Angels kill everyone, and so she kinda has to force him.
Manipulation with good cause is still manipulation.

And no, she didn't really have to get him to do it that way. It's just the only way she knew how, because that's the kind of person she is.
Shinji could've just as easily been coaxed with actual kindness.

mommy

>Asuka simply wouldn't have hated herself.
You have still not convincingly established this. It can easily be reasoned how she's able to "hate herself", and the problem is that your characterization of her is off because you're willfully choosing to interpret her in a way that is inconsistent with self-hatred.

I don't think there's anything further I can say on the matter honestly.

>Manipulation with good cause is still manipulation.
Yet I would not describe one who manipulates only due to no other recourse as being themselves manipulative.
>And no, she didn't really have to get him to do it that way. It's just the only way she knew how, because that's the kind of person she is.
Expecting someone to do something in a way they don't know how to kinda fails at the gate. There's kind of a contradiction there. Being incapable of perceiving other options makes it her only option.

You say that Misato isn't manipulative, then admit one sentence later that she doesn't know how to do things except by manipulation

We are different anons.

>there are multiple version of each user
>the the mental image of an user in each other user's mind

I'm quite sure Anno could reason why Asuka has self hatred and it would make more sense than your babbling about wrong characterization. Asuka is their character, so you have to analyze her in the universe they put her in, and not taking her out into your own realm, where your rules apply (which can be faulty) .

Does she ever really manipulate him outside of that one EoE scene, though? She mostly lets him do his own thing without helping or hindering him.

Yup, when he wants to run away and Misato emotionally manipulates him into staying.

>implying Chads don't get all types of people because of their superior understanding of life which virgins lack

Pretty good insight user.
He fluked Misato, and rode that high for a long time, but in his heart he was just as big of an orbitor as Shinji

She's meant to target submissive men like me who want a female authority figure, so they don't have to make decisions, who they are also physically involved with. It's like a mother you have sex with (which is the reason why it's portrayed as messed up, you can't completely submit to someone else while also having a healthy romantic relationship).

Of course, she's a great character in her own right for the reasons mentioned.

Evangelion would've been resolved acceptably if Shinji just accepted an unhealthy codependent relationship and fucked her

Am I the only one who wanted to fuck RItsuko? It seems like she's invisible.

I like how she can actually get shit done and not crack under pressure. Unlike Ritsuko, she's actually willing to take chances.