ITT: we post terrible subs

ITT: we post terrible subs

Might as well post every episode of Gabriel Dropout.

>there are people who pay money for this

Well I don't see any of you horrible jerks do any better! Ha! That shut you up!

I remember writing the translator of this show an email telling him to quit his job, but I don't remember what was so bad about the subs.

>terrible subs

I remember them translating yamato nadeshiko as japanese madonna or something weird.

nice boat

yugioh wins

noucome is a rare case where the bad subs made the show more enjoyable

does this count

god bless Margaan

horriblesubs.info

But HS is the best fansub

Shit translators figured out that you can evade all criticism if you turn something into a politicized issue on the internet. Sad that this is the state of fansubbing.

If manga counts then everything by Viz.

DUWANG and damedame are seeded pretty poorly now.
I wish I'd archived more stuff, but oh well.

You cant beat this one.

Ehhh. I can kind of see why they might translate it that way. Of course the best thing to do would just be to leave it as it is. But I can see where they were going.

I would just call it a "traditional Japanese beauty" or something. I don't think of traditional attitude/values/looks when I hear madonna, just good looks and/or fame. I do kind of see what they were going for though.

You're aware madonna is named after the madonna, right?

>char talks in Kansai Dialect
>subs change into Southern American English

every time
why do they even do this

Because they live in Texas, and the entire world must be pretty similar to Texas, right?

I imagine if they left Texas they'd find everything much the same except not as good, so there's not really that much point in going.

Because the Southern accent is employed in American pop culture much the same way Kansai-ben is in Japanese.

Ikr? As long as it's funny and fits the theme of the show, people shouldn't complain

None of those LOGH subs are bad though.

>planned the whole incident with some sort of a plan.
I refuse to believe the original line was as stupid as that.

Didn't she behave like that tho?

Whether she behaved like that or not, it's still not what she said.

Funimation is still based in Texas. A shame, since all the real talent is in California, but they probably don't have the margins to afford to move there.

The entirety of the Crunchyroll subs for Blend-S. Im sure they stuck a new translator on for this show, but at least get the poor guy an editor.

>I imagine if they left Texas they'd find everything much the same except not as good, so there's not really that much point in going.
They're not wrong though.

>female character talks in kansai dialect
>gets translated as Laura Croft style british accent
This is the best way I've seen it handled.