Why are anime about space so rare these days?

Why are anime about space so rare these days?

Because humans are no longer inspired by space.

I don't really care, I would rather get a good space anime every few years than ton loads of of uninspired shit.

Also, anime goes through phases, we are currently in the Isekai phase, so no space anime for you.

On the bright side (for you), we (sadly) had the (space) anime Kado during the spring.

>we are currently in the Isekai phase

More like all-girl yuribait phase.

people started to realise space isn't real

Go to sleep Kyrie.

We get mecha shows every now and then.

Mostly Space Mecha now a days no more space Opera, LOTGH remake might bring them back

Mecha is horrible.

You're horrible.

>muh plastic toy commercials

Face it, once Gundam oldfags die out genre is done. No new mach was successful in over a decade.

Kiddy Grade was such a weird show. Two lesbians in a relationship for over 100 years. Many crazy episode. Many terrible episodes. Many great episodes.

Knight and Magic did decently.

Space is Dead

Wasn't that an isekai? I think that's the new flavor of the half-decade.

Barely above profitability line is not really a success.

space is fucking gay

Star Ocean anime when?

Revival soon.
Xebec and IG will make it real.

Humanity has been corrupted and lost the dream.

Because relationships with cute girls is more mysterious and unattainable for otaku right now.

it is in america

Murrka sales literally never mattered.

We will have space and science fiction making a huge comeback. Now with all female casts and less males.

Female LOGH series when?

I would watch that.

Anybody else remember this?

I remember ignoring it because of male lead.

It's a 4 disk release instead of 6 so it's probably better than it looks.

I want to say Mouretsu Pirates was a thing but it was half a fucking decade ago already.

Other settings are easier to write for.

I'd love an anime about Mars colonization. The struggle of starting terraforming it. An Aria prequel sort of but more sciency.

People realize planets only having one city in the entire planet with have a theme park feel to it is more stupid and unrealistic than a fantasy world filled with theme park cities.

And the fact that many westerners bitching and mocking them over sci-fi genre despite their inability to write anything better or even at the same level, creating only fantasy with guns + college pseudoscience flavor of the month

>Mars colonization
Worthless.
I don't understand NASA and American obsession for Mars when the moon is much closer and full of resources.

>gundam oldfags
>dying

Hahahaha

no one cares about adventure and going out to explore the unknown anymore, a life of misery and depressing experiences has left men craving only cute girls doing cute things

Also lower gravity, more temperature extremes, etc. At this point I would take either though, in anime or not.

>no one cares about adventure and going out to explore the unknown anymore

They do?
Hence the popularity of fictional video game world where everything goes

If we start a colonize the moon program...it would reveal that we've not only never been to the moon but that we're outright incapable of sending human life beyond the ionosphere.

The problem is the premise of terraforming Mars isn't very "sciencey" anymore.

Because the moon is a big grey rock that we already went and looked at how grey and rocky it is, while Mars looks cool and exciting enough to get funding.

Honestly Trump should just go ahead and send us to the moon and claim it as America 2 just to show the rest of the world how superior we are to them. The europeans would never live it down

I was talking about watching anime not playing games, the people who play games are different from those who watch anime. Not to say you can't enjoy both but they stimulate different parts of the brain, one is purely a spectator while the other is engaging in an activity.

I am talking about anime and Japanese fiction in general though?
Are you sure you are in the right board? Make sure to check the tab before responding.

Would it be possible to generate an atmosphere for the moon? And how would that affect Earth since it's so close?

I'm not against doing biodomes in the moon or whatever, but I'd rather fuck with it less that with mars.

Pick up a telescope and look at the Moon. The stuff is still there. They even left a mirror pointing earth so we can check its distance using a laser.

>Would it be possible to generate an atmosphere for the moon?
Moon is too small and too close to the sun to hold onto a dense atmosphere. Not to mention where the hell are you going to get that much mass?

not happening. his platform is "reduce government spending at all cost"
...unless it's a military budget
The only way NASA is getting more budget is if US went to war with the moon

>The problem is the premise of terraforming Mars isn't very "sciencey" anymore.
You mean the science behind it has become mundane? Same with the science behind space exploration. Unless they add some supernatural twist to it, it will be mundane. Not like that would be bad though. It could be a comfy show about people building a society up there.

China will do it first

We no longer believe to have any hope in leaving this rock and making a future out of it.

Maybe I should re-watch Kiddy Grade.

Gundam is indeed dying Sunrise needs to revive or bring back good IPs as sequels

>pic related

>We no longer believe to have any hope in leaving this rock and making a future out of it.

Check Isekai definition.

technology hasn't caught up to the point where we can do reliable terraforming and space transportation

and the more I read about space travel, the more insane the logistics seem

even the act of breaking orbit is a huge risk nowadays because space debris has become a considerable issue

If there are aliens out there, most of them probably had their civilization die without ever reaching that state

Unicorn is literally the most successful Gundam label in history and the franchise's yearly income peaked a few years ago when Unicorn was still airing

But anime is all about escapism

Damn Fermi paradox

The last mecha show that left a great impression on me was Fafner Exodus

Oh yeah I forgot about that still Sunrise needs more brands instead of LoveLive and Gundam

I don't mind Yuri at all as long as it's a well done romance. Unfortunately it's much easier to create some SOL that promises relationship development but never goes anywhere. It's the worst. I can't think of any good anime that did Yuri right in the last few years. It's just like you said, all Yuri bait.

Isekai fad will end soon, we will return doing all-female casts in shonen anime and other science fiction all over again since the 90s.

That or aliens are keeping radio / electronic silence and keeping to their own rock because either space is scary, or there's something very scary in space.

anyone remember Stellvia

I like that the last boss in that one was a cosmic space anomaly

>dying/getting fucked over which results in you transported to a different world means we're hopeful.

All that's telling me is that death is bliss. I don't think looking forward to death is hopeful at all.

Either you are not the previous poster or you get the wrong meaning out of it.
Isekai is another world and another world is what the audience is demanding is you at least get to write your own take on what your fictional fun world looks like instead of writing boringly and strictly according to what the real world look like, which western writer should fucking pay attention to and stop fucking use the fiction as a soapbox to air their political opinion people can get for free on Internet.

>Missing out on ID-0

And we will never get a sequel with more about the aliens.

It's more like it's really hard to see as plausibly happening with any sort of recognizable realistic technology level unless you have some sort of massive asspull in a particular area. "Mundane" in that sense is it just turning into typical anime magic. You can only really be serious about it if you're using retro science like Gundam.

>. They even left a mirror pointing earth so we can check its distance using a laser.

Care to post some pictures please?
We have telescopes powerful enough to stare at the individual grooves of rocks on another world in another galaxy but we can't see the stuff on the moon from one?

I feel mecha anime are less ... alien.. nowadays
they stick with familiar templates and play it safe

That's why I appreciated Valvrave
It was actually pretty damn bold with their vampire body hijack Xenu rogue state shenanigans

Too bad they execute the idea in the best way

>individual grooves of rocks on another world in another galaxy
Where did you get that idea? We only detect planets within this galaxy, and only by the motion of a star from the planet's gravity or when the planet passes in front of a star. We certainly can't see that level of detail.

>...
Shut up.

Still waiting for the next Planetes.

It was really good for a while.

Anime sometimes should be focusing more on slice of life and other stuff instead of Isekai. I think Isekai is a boring idea and just focus on something down to earth and science fiction stuff.

isekai is boring because almost everything is a new game+ story where the protags gets reborn and given special advantages

how did they even earn that? but getting hit by a truck? how is that fair

>Kiddy Grade

I miss this series. I can still hear the OP inside my mind. The world needs more Eclairs.

Gonzo needs to make some sequels now since it's the best way money

Give me Vandread or Kiddy Grade sequels, anything goddammit

God damn user, that hits real hard. I've been pondering for the last 5 years or so if sci-fi is going to become like Westerns, a dead genre. Compared to the past, it feels like sci-fi has been coasting along in mediocrity and in lesser numbers of releases. It makes me sad as shit. The spark is gone but the autism remains.

Will use the opportunity to shill Rocket Girls, one of the hardest scifi you will see in anime.

How did this happen user

It originally had a third arc planned and in early development, but studio drama or something happened and it all got scrapped. Same team that did Nadesico, same thing happened there. Such a shame, both really deserved sequels.

Only if done similar to strike witches where the girls are all modeled after real military strategists from throughout history, I would watch the shit out of that. Otherwise it would just be cute girls doing cute things IN SPESS.

we were promised flying cars than run on thrash in 2015

we don't have flying cars.
We still have an oil based economy
Flat earthers have risen to prominence again
Evangelicals are trying to turn this country into a theocracy

>Evangelicals are trying to turn this country into a theocracy

Not for long because Christianity is dying

What about Vandread 3rd stage sequel was it scrapped too because of studio drama and executive meddling

>

They want to die. That's the point
They want Jesus to come back soon.

>full of resources

It's anorthosite gabbro. As in garbage no metal ore mafic junk. It's basically made of the same stuff as oceanic crust on Earth.

>is if US went to war with the moon
It's so stupid it just might work

He signed a directive for it like last week.

I WANT MORE OUTLAW STAR

Just make a full female cast in Outlaw Star hell have a full female universe of space travelers and bounty hunters. Have ton of yuri and more badassery.

It has to be very realistic and science fiction made. It would be interesting to see female create their civilization through land and space even whenmen who have been discard by humanity know the secrets of space.

The fuck was up with all the super hard sci-fi anime in the mid-2000s anyways, I feel like there must be some sort of real world reason.

Wars being pushed hard by Americans and fear of terrorism and growing nationalism among Japanese teens made their creative adults fear that their teens and politicians are influenced by foreigners to send the country to hell.

So they make all those stuff as soapboxes to preach about real world problems with war and pandering to evil greedy old men who have no problem ending Japanese allies lives.

I am unsure what becoming astronauts has to do with that. I can sort of see how Planetes might be relevant but that's about it.

Science fiction is always a soapbox fantasy to talk about real world politics and problem

Why are you so fascinated about female ruling all over the world, it's a pipe dream user.

I liked it but also see why it's not a very notable show.

We got an anime about space miners who upload their minds into giant robotic bodies just two seasons ago and it was pretty good, but hardly anybody watched it because it had to be fansubbed and was animated in decent CG.

(You)
Forgot to mention it was directed by Goro Taniguchi, director of Planetes, Infinite Ryvius, and a lot of other stuff.