Do you like chromatic aberration?

Do you like chromatic aberration?
I personally love how it rapes my eyes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-WCLHP3CRRo#t=2m45s
youtube.com/watch?v=AGErvrW59qY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't forget the depth of field effect.
No better way to make your eyes bleed than a blurry background you can't ajust your eyes to.

With regards to filters, kyoani hit the sweet spot with Haruhi s1, maybe disappearance too. Everything from then on makes my eyes bleed

>why is irrelevant object #34571 tucked away in the corner of the screen that I wouldn't have cared about in the first place blurred?

>shadman

Yeah who cares about the main characters right?

>top is perfectly visible
>bottom clearly wants you notice Mizore's pained expression, hinting at the emotions behind the characters in a single screenshot
If anything the bottom one shows how useful depth of field is in conveying a narrative.

>hinting

They're using focus to draw your attention, it's a very common technique

It's a common technique but Kyoani is taking it way too far to the point where it is distracting and unpleasant.

It's not rape if it's consensual.

Sure hinting may be a little too weak of a term but it's not going as far as explicitly telling you verbally. It's leading you pretty hard, but it's not directly telling you.

I don't find it distracting or unpleasant.

I do.

>Kyoani'd a Kyoani show

Kill yourself

Stop streaming

streaming would make it worse though

Have we gotten so low as a community that we're shitting on KyoAni's art using Blend S of all things? I mean, I like Blend S but art isn't that anime's strong suit.

A-arthouse...

Stop it!

Its just their stylistic flair

A bad one with the subtlety of a hammer.

Woe.

I like KyoAni's jump cuts and the "shaky cam" effect.

It gives enough subtlety to be interesting yet blunt enough to where you can catch almost all of it in one sitting.
I say that's pretty good visual work.

Just like your ham-fisted exaggerations.

I am more concerned about the excess of blur, dof and lens flare.

Now we've really been kyoani'd

Stop what exactly?

I do hope Kyoani pull their 3rd winter flop in a row, so they stop doing this overfiltering shit.

>top: boring dog, normal dog
>bottom: beautiful dog, very good dog

Can we go further yet?

ITT: Anons that don't know shit about art/animation try to tell a studio praised for its visual flourishes how to do its job.

wat the fuck am i supposed to be noticing

Now it's truly Kyoani.

Yes, but used in small amounts and not super obviously.

Now that's more like it.

I don't see how these look worse than the original. Is that the point?

TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND

NO STOP IT KYOANI YOU WILL DESTROY THE WORLD

Ruined Koe no Katachi for me.
Instead of make me focus on the centre of the image, it made my eyes shift to the sides because of the obnoxious blurring.
If it was done as a special effect in some selected scenes, I could get behind it. But this looks like someone just hit a blur button during post-production, applying the same shit on the entire movie with no variations whatsoever. It's blunt and uncreative.
They should issue the BD's with an de-blur function.

the only thing that I dislike watching koe no katachi

YAMEROOOOOO

Yamada clearly wanted you to focus on Ueno's ass in this scene.
If you were too busy looking elsewhere to notice, then I'm afraid you are a faggot with a worthless opinion.

I don't understand why people attribute the traits of one director to the entire studio.

Kyoani caca.

Takemoto and Ishihara do it too.
Yamada is just the best at it.

When does Takemoto use chromatic aberration? I have a shit memory.

>one director

Hyouka

>J.J. Abrams'd

Why has no one posted Strike the Blood yet?

They never do it to the same extent as Yamada and complaints are always derivative of her work, not theirs.

It first showed up in Hyouka. Yamada didn't really use it till Tamako Love Story.
It was used a lot in Hibikek, but I'd argue it was used well in the first season due to Yamada, second season looked eh since Yamada was busy working on Koe no Katachi. If I had to guess, I would say they choose that style to make the visuals feel more dramatic to fit the mood of the show.

In Koe no Katachi, it actually played a part in it's narrative because it mimics how Ishida doesn't directly look at people's faces.

>put this screenshot into fulla
>hair corrected well
>eyes are still fucked

>It first showed up in Hyouka
Not true desu. I just rewatched Clannad and they used chromatic there. I think it started with Kanon.

>J.J. Abrams runs kyoani from the shadows
it all makes sense

Where's that dog from?

>hiroshima broke Sup Forums again

>tfw works fine on my machine
Now if only Sup Forums X would be fixed

It's art, of course fucking casuals wouldn't understand.
Just like this fag, Kyoani is the only studio pushing the industry beyond the stagnant state it is, if you don't like their work it just means you have no idea about animation.
I'd recomend you to go educate yourself before posting here.

Yeah it's fucked unless you disable 4chanx and also if you try to block these new ad websites

No it's awful.

>Tfw you have diplopia.
>Special prismatic glasses automatically add aberration on edges
>Both images look exactly the same with glasses on.

>I can't seem to find flaws about KyoAni animations so I'll create a thread to bitch about their filters.
Autism is a real condition.

Why is this board filled with so many contrarians and elitists?

Studio praised for its visual flourishes by cave dwellers who are too lazy to go outside or at least see what actual visual mastery looks like in a more mature medium like film.

youtube.com/watch?v=-WCLHP3CRRo#t=2m45s

Didn't Abrams buy rights to Keit Ai?

It's like the videogames board in here.

Koe no Katachi was praised by a number of actual film critics, though. Are you trolling or just absolutely retarded?

film critics are fucking retards, call me when i'm impressed

So you're the authority on all this. Got it. Now kindly fuck off, the adults are talking.

So you're the authority on all this. Got it. Now kindly fuck off, the adults are talking.

I never acted like an authority on it, don't get me wrong. I'm open to hearing others' criticism, but you got called out on your bullshit about visual mastery and the maturity of film. You should try giving others' opinions weight sometime even if you disagree.

I wasn't expecting this response, but it was funny. Thanks for that.

4chanX just updated
But it wasn't broken for me even before I updated so I don't fuckin know

Don't forget they wash out the contrast from all the filters, so the darks aren't as dark and the lights aren't as light, and the saturation is slightly lower

I don't know what fulla is, but the green layer is scaled by a small percent, not just shifted.

More studios should use blur+bloom filters to be honest
Shit like pic related hurts my eyes

"Actual film critics" are about as trustworthy as video game and anime reviewers.

Why the fuck did the Koe no Katachi film even get popular on Sup Forums? People liked the manga but didn't really boost it as something amazing and even agreed it started falling apart towards the end.

It all makes sense now.

>kyoani shitters trying this hard
Nice, keep at it. I don't agree but the butthurt and samefag shitposting is art.

>violet evergarden
This doesn't make any sense. Did they mean "ever violet garden"?

>random studio does something ugly
>nobody bats an eye

>KyoAni do questionable things
>everybody loses their mind

youtube.com/watch?v=AGErvrW59qY

>Kojima'd

Random studio doesn't have circlejerk generals

It's to mask the fact that they don't draw the backgrounds, all the backgrounds in their shows are just photographs with a fuck ton of filters applied.

Honestly the OP example doesn't bother me much but holy shit is giving me a headache

It's cancer that has no place in anime or video games, or anything that isn't photographs taken with a shitty camera.

Most shows with modern settings do this, either that or its done with cgi. Kyoani's filters invade the entire fucking frame, not just the background. Its like they decided to give a child a shit ton of instagram filter sliders.

>actual film critics
maybe western bloggers

>A focused image without any obnoxious blurring or DoF effects so you can look wherever you want without trouble hurts my eyes
I think there's something wrong with your brain.