What makes this the new Naruto? Naruto earned its popularity by being creative and unique...

What makes this the new Naruto? Naruto earned its popularity by being creative and unique. What does this have going for it besides bandwagoning on the popularity of capeshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8WDwBgjbRT4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please kill yourself OP.
Not even a BnH fan. I'm just tired of you shonen shit posting faggots filling out this board.

It didn't copy/paste Hunter x Hunter. That's what Naruto did. Clearly a troll top, 1/10 because I responded but only to warn future posters

IT IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE NARUTO TOOK A LOT FROM HxH

OP is being a troll in saying it was creative and original

Do not respond with anger simply move along...and I don't even watch/read BnH. It earned its spot because cool character designs, cool powers, mass appealing...as with everything that earns it's spot, original or not.

>I'm just tired of you shonen shit posting faggots filling out this board.
There have been a lot of shonen threads lately which look like console war threads. Why is that? Is Sup Forums bored? Did our traffic increase?

It's the new Naruto because fans of it are unsufferables faggots.

Although saying this is an insult to Narutards because at least they had a shred of self-awareness that is replaced by tumblr sensitivities in Bnhatards.

If I report this thread will it get deleted.

It would be extremely painful.

Its funny because the hatebase of BnHA is clearly narutofags who are angry that Sup Forums isn't as aggressive with it as we were with BnHA

Apt comparision, but I don't know.
Maybe BnH and DBS brought them in.

We always had shonen shows and threads
But look at this post. That could be Sup Forums. Just replace any anime series fans with a console and you could post it just on Sup Forums

It's creative and unique.

>What makes this the new Naruto?
It came in at the right moment to catch all the readers that had free time because Naruto ended.
Nothing else desu.
> What does this have going for it besides bandwagoning on the popularity of capeshit?
Nothing. Comedy is mediocre at best. The fights are with maybe 2 interesting ones really boring. The plot isnt anything noteworthy. The chars are meh. The powers are average. The powersystem (eg. i get born with somehing tada) is below average, even axed storys gave more interesting powersystems (eg. Demons Plan and Red Sprite for example).

However the artstyle is nice. But since the latest arc i think the mangakas style would be really realllllly good in bloody seinen storys instead of shounen. So its like seeing really good potential wasted.

In general terms, BnhA should be inferior to Naruto, but it is not since it doesnt make some of the shitty mistakes naruto does, like stupid fillers, boring ass flashbacks and paying attention to boring ass characters (like all those unlucky bastards during the shinobi war) beside it doesnt seem to redeem every single bastard (at least in the anime so far). and this is coming from someone who thinks BnHA is a bit overrated

It still has time to make all the naruto mistakes.

>boring ass flashbacks
bnha has those though

Why the fuck do people still read shonenshit? Have they not caught on to how they invariably go to shit as time passes?

It looks promising and it delivered in the first saga, so everyone got hooked up on the anime. The flaws are only apparent after you watch many arcs later in the manga; but by that time it will have gained a solid fanbase and the anime supreme's animation will cover for the weak story so it won't lose popularity.
When I got first recommended this series, I was told "Yeah the villains are actually dangerous, this is a mature show" and I expected something along Narato and HxH with characters dying and getting crippled since the very beginning, cool. The invasion happened and it was delivering like I expected; Aizawa got fucking murdered by Noumu, 13 got her blackhole directed back at her and All Might was fucking dying in an epic effort against the villains.
But after it all was said and done, nobody died.
We later learn that villains and heroes aren't equal at all. When All Might first talks with Deku, he actually makes the world sound interesting, talking about Hero job being dangerous and only keeping up a facade of being invincible on the news; they talk about this "Toxic Chainsaw" and battles not being shown to the public. It felt like there was actually some lore... but no. There aren't any Villain Galleries in BnHA, everyone is jailed forever, and the villain league consists on 5 dudes in a room attracting desperate hobbos while the Heroes have an entire organization. Naruto had many villages and opposing teams and demons and shit, actually every shonen has that, but BnHA lacks it. Even the Mafia was already dying and got destroyed in the one saga it appeared. Horikoshi knows this, that's why he made up the "noumus". He can pull strong bosses out of his ass everytime he feels like it, because there aren't any real threats.

In summary, BnHA lacks proper factions and subplots, the story is too superficial

give it time, bnha is at ch160, naruto was really great at that time, lets see how the series will look like with 300+ or close to 500 chapters

Yeah, it's really not that good. The only reason why it's popular is because there's no other good shounen anime/manga for normalfags to latch into. Nobody cares about Boruto, Bleach is dead, One Piece is hard to get into because of the sheer amount episodes/chapters, HxH is in hiatus, etc.

I would add that people simply say it is the new Naruto on a surface level, I doubt someone actually made good comparisons about them. It's just that they're both about a kid with hidden power growing stronger in an organization (heroes/ninjas) in teams and shit. That's every shonen out there, but the one most people know like this is Naruto, so the comparison is done. It's more of a "This reminds me of Narato", instead of "This is just like Narato" that people feel when watching HxH.

>In summary, BnHA lacks proper factions and subplots
that's one of the biggest issues by far, the antagonists are some of the worst characters l've seen in a battle shonen

l remember in one piece how exciting it was after seeing mihawk destroy zoro to learn that there was 6 other guys on this level and they only formed one of the three organizations ruling the pirate world

it really contextualized the odds staked against luffy and friends and the scale of the world

in bnha you have half a dozen of autists fapping in the background who have yet to win a fight against a cripple and a bunch of 15 year olds

there's obvious similarities between naruto and bnha and you'd have to be retarded not to see them

Bakugo is not Sasuke. But I'd give you that Aizawa is almost a carbon-copy of Kakashi. Outside of that, it's generic shonen stuff; normal kid hiding lots of power and forming teams to go on missions isn't exclusive to Narato.

Not enough that they would solely be unique to Naruto as opposed to just having shounen tropes in general.

>Bakugo is not Sasuke.
his dynamics with deku are extremely similar and bnhatards denial about it will never stop being funny

hell the author even copypasted
>the only one who can receive sasuke/kacchan's feelings is me!
fujobait faggotry, you'd have a hard time finding something so blatant in another series

He's not hiding his power he's horribly misusing and abusing it.
And he doesn't form teams at all.

As a matter of fact this goddamned book DEMANDS team shenanigans for it to fucking work.

It also needs more then handsy and his gaggle of sub seinen tier faggots as actual villians.
The world is too small and constrained and he doesn't allow for there to be villian groups that aren't beaten or under control.

youtube.com/watch?v=8WDwBgjbRT4

But he was offered to become a villain and he told them to fuck off
Bakugo hasn't killed anyone yet. He is still redeemable.

>bnhatards crying that it doesn't count.

And another box checked.

I won't ask you if you watched the series, but did you at least read a wikipedia description of the characters? Their main traits are the OPPOSITE. Sasuke is a cold emo bitch while Bakugou is a popular hot-headed dude getting into fights with everyone. Maybe Deku acts like his bitch Narato-Saske style, but Bakugo himself is nothing like that and he doesn't even consider Deku a rival, they aren't competing or anything like Nareto and Seuksa did.

>but Bakugo himself is nothing like that and he doesn't even consider Deku a rival,
After their fight I think he does a little.

l'm talking about his dynamic with the mc, why are you telling me about bakugo not having killed anyone, who gives a shit

the whole childhood acquaintances with a strained relationship due to insecurities and lack of communication, the asshole genius/selfless loser conflict, we can only understand eachother through fighting shit, it's blatantly naruto and you can't find anything resembling this in hxh, op, fairy tail, assclass, bleach etc etc

>What makes this the new Naruto?

But user it's not .

If you actually thought Toxic Chainsaw was someone important, you might have a bigger problem.

How can it be the new Naruto if it's good?

Who are the Sakura and Hinata of BNHA?

so you mean bnha is actually shit? l agree, glad we could reach a consensus

Alright you win. Since the author clearly watched Naruto (bcuz Aizawa is too obvious) I can see him taking big inspiration from Narato-Sasuke. That still isn't enough to consider the whole series Naruto-like. Their relationship isn't the main focus and in 150 chapters they barely even talk since Bakugo hates his guts and he hangs out with other dudes.

Actually Sasuke may be divided in 2 characters; Bakugou and Todoroki. But the plot of the series is too different in Naruto's favor, BnHA didn't copy the good parts (that Naruto already copied of HxH)

nonexistant and nonexistant

Actually that's the problem. I'm talking about the "sense of danger" I got from their talk. It sounded like a random villain could get to you on a bad day and there were lots of mortal fights off-screen. We later know that the ONLY dude to ever hurt All Might was the literal God of Evil. It was better to have a not-even-important villain damage All-Might like that and not ever show him. Now his talk to Deku loses weight, it should have been "Well maybe you can be a hero if you lift enough, this job is really easy except for that one time Satan literally tried to conquer the world. But other than him nobody is a threat, you'll be fine."

Why would you NOT have thought Toxic Chainsaw was important when he was brought up and hinted as being not only the reason for it but being strong enough to do serious damage to allmight.

What makes you think that wasn't something potentially cool that was simply thrown away?

I would love to see the so-called top heroes fight a guy called toxic chainsaw and have the students show up in their matching jumpsuits and get blown out almost completely by him.

Would really open up the world and show that there is more for them to learn.

>Their relationship isn't the main focus
their relationship is a very important part of the narrative with already three skirmishes/fights between the two in the span of 160 chapters and it'll obviously keep being a focus in the future
>they barely even talk
naruto and sasuke barely even talked too

>These Ninjas are actually WIZARDS!

user, no big name Shonen is unique, because big name Shonene doesn't have to be unique, it just has to execute unoriginal ideas in a certain way.

The point is that All Might as a pillar himself made society this safe
There are even older villains who complain how much more easier it was for them before All Might came onto the scene
If you really think the job will stay as easy with just a little lifting you don't really get the point of the pillars
Which is something the series repeatedly hammers home
Even the plus ultra shit.

A clear way to fix this would be to take some of the characters you've put effort into developing and showing as powerful, and turning them into villains.

Name a work of fiction that had wizard ninjas as main characters before Naruto

people like you

>Why would you NOT have thought Toxic Chainsaw was important when he was brought up and hinted as being not only the reason for it but being strong enough to do serious damage to allmight.
Did we read different translations? Deku thought the wound came from Toxic chainsaw and All Might said "that pussy villain couldn't have hurt me"
That was it.

he certainly sees deku as a threat to his superiority just like sasuke looked that way towards naruto,
he also sees him as rival but he wont admit it just like sasuke (exspecially after finding out that deku has OFA),

the main points of sasukes/narutos relationship are to be seen in bakugu/deku too but the chars in question are relatively far away from each other

Ninja Scroll.

>Why would you NOT have thought Toxic Chainsaw was important when he was brought up and hinted as being not only the reason for it but being strong enough to do serious damage to allmight.
Gee, I wonder why.

Star Wars.

Ochaka and Tsuyu. (choose yourself who is who).
Both are useless female chars. One of them also has the sole character trait of loving the MC so there is that.

Horikoshi beat himself there then. We have no real villains because All Might almost completely stopped crime already.
But as I said, at the very beginning it sounded like it was a facade. In that same talk he revealed he wasn't actually happy, he was just smiling for the public and talked as if some fights weren't made public. Hori could have went that route, with the big fights being kept secret as to not scare the public, instead of confirming "Yep All Might is the perfect Pillar of Justice and there are almost no criminals anymore". Hori wrote himself into a corner there and just now, 160 chapters in, we have a chance to see more baddies.

But he was someone strong enough to where a hero otaku was actually concerned that he might have hurt the one guy he knows the most about.

Toxic Chainsaw being actually powerful and Allmight thinking of him as a weakling because he's fucking Allmight would have been good.

This.
Allmight is a liar and ruthless butcher.
This has been hinted at a lot already.
The walking vaguely human shaped pile of scar tissue called AfO confirms it.

Flame of Recca

>We have no real villains because All Might almost completely stopped crime already.
Exactly.
All Might WAS the pillar. He is gone now. That is why the villains are also underdogs and the main villain has to learn how to become a proper villain just like the main character has to learn how to become a proper hero

>But he was someone strong enough to where a hero otaku was actually concerned that he might have hurt the one guy he knows the most about.
No you don't understand. Toxic chainsaw was just the cover story. Deku was just very informed about the timing and knew All Might took a short while off.

In the end it's all about how the author chose to present his story, and it wasn't the best way. I just remembered Aizawa isn't popular because he fights the underground crime and now Gran Torino does secret raids. Just like the Mafia raid, there are probably a lot of hidden baddies we don't know. But Horikoshi already made me lose respect for the villain side by repeatedly showing us they aren't that big of a threat outside AFO. It's all about how you present your pieces, hopefully we get a timeskip soon and both sides get on equal footing, heroes and villains.

>That is why the villains are also underdogs and the main villain has to learn how to become a proper villain just like the main character has to learn how to become a proper hero

THATS NOT FUCKING FUN TO READ!

Oh its been a while since i read that series. Time to start a reread. Really liked the manga too.
Allmight mentions how he is the "symbol of peace" but he enforces this peace via his absurd level of strength, eg. via violence. Quite a liar actually, wouldnt be suprised if soon people appear who will call him out for that shit.

Speak for yourself. I love the VA and seeing shiggy figure out shit.

Ninja scroll

Fuck that, fuck him, fuck that organization.

I wish the last arc was about the heroes dealing with a full villian war between the mafia and the "villians" alliance guest starring some high level war criminal who shows up just because AfO isn't there.

daily reminder that the villain rengo only seems competent now because the retard heroes decided to let only sandman guarding Overhaul. They had to gang up 4 on 1.

The janny is a big guy

>Naruto earned its popularity by being creative and unique.
How? It rips off DBZ every chance it gets and most of the characters are beyond generic. BnHA may borrow a lot of tropesbut at least it puts an interesting spin on them. Plus, BnHA doesn't spend countless episodes on characters spouting pointless exposition in the woods, so unlike Naruto, it's actually entertaining.

It's all about the payoff. BnHA offers a very superficial story and that may attract casual viewers. But you just know that Narato, even with its countless exposition episodes, was setting up big things. I doubt BnHA will reach something as epic as the Pain invasion and of course it won't ever get near the 4th Ninja War. It just doesn't have the required setup nor world to pull it off. It's not inherently worse, it's about how much "filler" you invest to get reap bigger moments. BnHA had the Stain arc and it was fun, but in the end it was 3 kids trashing up some crazy dude in an alley. OFA vs AFO was nice, maybe it rivals the Konoha invasion by Orochimaru, but Naruto surpassed that many times. Also, Naruto at least made you care a bit about every character while I don't even remember half the A class. Naruto got the character exposition right with the chuunin exams and in the final arc (4 of the sound) I cared about fucking Choji, that's a big feat. I doubt Sugar rush will ever give us something on the level of Butterfly Choji vs Jirobo.

Every female character in Bnha is the sakura.

>I doubt BnHA will reach something as epic as the Pain invasion and of course it won't ever get near the 4th Ninja War.
And thank god for that because both of those arcs were complete shit with the former being where the series turned to complete garbage and never came back.
>Also, Naruto at least made you care a bit about every character
No it didn't. Hell most of the cast were not even relevant outside Sauce and Nardo, Kishi even treat main characters like Sakura and Kakashi horribly.

Seriously you truly think you can defend Naruto and not get called out for it just because you hate MHA? Do you even know where are?

>Naruto earned its popularity by being creative and unique.

>No it didn't. Hell most of the cast were not even relevant outside Sauce and Nardo
Huh? Not the same user but did you not watch Hidan arc? Shikamaru had one of the best development in the series.

I didn't think people unironically liked the 4th ninja war.

>Not the same user
You are the same user. top trying to pretend this board cares about Naruto.
>Shikamaru had one of the best development in the series.
Thanks for the laugh. I like how nothing was gained from that arc other than him taking up snoking.

He's shitposting. Even Narutofags thought the war sucked ass, The best part about it was the ending.

Cant even be bothered to shitpost about how fucking gay Academiafags are. No really. At least narutofags were cancerous enough to be worth shitting on.

Im just glad they have their general so they can just click catalog and never interact with other threads.

> And thank god for that because both of those arcs were complete shit
Speak for yourself.
> No it didn't.
Speak for yourself only again.
> Hell most of the cast were not even relevant outside Sauce and Nardo, Kishi even treat main characters like Sakura and Kakashi horribly.
Later on thats true. Nobody gave a shit that the male-hinata version died, the genius dude guy. Even forgot his fucking name. But before that the chars had meaning.

Naruto Part 1 >[infinite times]> BNHA >>> Most of Naruto Part 2 (98%, the single moment of Sakura not being useless was nice alongside with might guy and 8th gates).

It had great moments. Don't tell me you didn't enjoy Madara raping the Shinobi alliance or Kakashi vs Obito.

>Naruto earned its popularity by being creative and unique

Well at least before Shippuden many of the kids had good moments. Neji, Lee, Kiba, Choji, Chikamaru, Hinata, Ino vs Sakura, Gaara, Kankuro, Temari, etc.. Naruto was mainly watched by us Powerlevelfags, and we got decent showings for everyone except Tenten. I remember pretty well that era and by chapter 160 most of the characters earned their fanbases and lots of discussions about "Who would win?". Alright I may be deviating a lot here but fuck it, it's my gut feeling, BnHA doesn't awaken my interest for most of the class while I remember being hyped to see certain Naruto characters fight already (Like waiting for the captains to release their Bankais in bleach). But here in BnHA I couldn't care less to see Tail dude or Earphone Jack do shit.

>Speak for yourself.
Nah I speak for most of the fanbase and generally everyone on Sup Forums
>But before that the chars had meaning.
No they didn't. Hell characters like Shino, Kiba, TenTen and Lee didn't serve any purpose whatsoever

I dunno, I like both version of the 9 tailed fox.

I'm the user who wrote that. I religiously shat on that war weekly here in Sup Forums and on multiple other forums, but I ENJOYED watching the trainwreck that it was. In the end it doesn't matter HOW, it was fun for the most part. You got to see the strongest characters from ninja history doing shit, and every named character got a fight if you were a fan. Also Madara, I criticized his every asspulls but it was a fucking goldmine to see him destroying everything, now the only thing I would change was his death; he should have stayed the final boss. On the other hand, BnHA's mafia arc felt like following Bleach. I was bored reading most of the chapters and came to Sup Forums to talk about how boring it was.

We can agree that the anime had great moments of animation between seasons worth of episodes.

And I would add, I'd rather have an invincible villain sue be fun like Madara instead of boring like Jobberhaul. In the end he was dissappointing, would have been funner to have him escape killing like 5 heroes on his way out and later on give him a proper Boss Fight instead of whatever we had.

So let me get this straight, not a single character has died in Boku no Hero? Is there even any point in following it? Not saying someone has to die for it to be enjoyable, but shouldnt there be some stakes? Like anything at all?

the irony with bnhafags shitting on naruto is that the author of bnha himself is a naruto fanboy

so they're essentially saying the guy who creates the story they masturbate over has shit taste, talk about a self defeating argument

>Well at least before Shippuden many of the kids had good moments.
Yeah like TenTen
>Kiba, Hinata, Kankuro, Temari
These guys didn't even do anything
>Naruto was mainly watched by us Powerlevelfags, and we got decent showings for everyone except Tenten.
So you guys are no better than Dragonball Spics
>I remember pretty well that era and by chapter 160 most of the characters earned their fanbases and lots of discussions about "Who would win?".
Let's see...by chapter 160 the only characters that had any development or accomplished anything were Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Shikamaru, Neji and Gaara....that's not most of the characters hell two of the characters here jobbed hard and I don't even think Choji was on anyone's radar by then

We got the first character death like 2 chapters ago. But it was a character introduced in that same arc, so you won't be that attached when it happens (I was mostly dissappointed, he looked cool). It MIGHT be a sign that more named characters will die later on.

>the irony with bnhafags shitting on naruto is that the author of bnha himself is a naruto fanboy
You do realize you're shitting on MHA, the same manga Kishimoto praised, right?

There were character deaths even before then.

>Let's see...by chapter 160 the only characters that had any development or accomplished anything were Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Shikamaru, Neji and Gaara....that's not most of the characters hell two of the characters here jobbed hard and I don't even think Choji was on anyone's radar by then
What about Hinata or Lee? Even without those two that's still more than what BnHA has done.

I'm banking on the Chuunin Exams. Having a tournament-like saga early on already made me hyped for some characters, BnHA could have done so but the entrance exam was just beating up robots and we were focused on Deku.

Did you care about any of them?

l hate naruto, what's your point faggot

BnHA is one of the worst shonen. Worse than Fairy Tail.
The first arcs were meh, but I totally lost interest after the two last ones.
Laterally, the worst shit I read. They were filled with asspulls and shit writing. How can a manga be this bad?

It might be the sleep getting to me, but.. actually who died before him? Hero characters I mean. I remember the villain vs mafia skirmish with both losing a member, but baddies aren't worth much, just a tier above random robots. AFO looked like he killed the heroes but in the end they were just fine (This was a mistake on Hori's part)

I'm interested in picking up BnHA. Does it arcs like zabuza or chuunin exam?

>Don't tell me you didn't enjoy Madara raping the Shinobi alliance
No?
> Kakashi vs Obito
You mean the TWEEST people hoped that Kishimoto wouldn't be stupid enough to do and yet he did due to how improbable and obvious it was?

>but I ENJOYED watching the trainwreck that it was
You realized you just destroyed what little stance you had but saying this right? When you have to resort to "I'm watching this ironically" you've pretty much outed yourself as being a retarded.