Come here, user

Come here, user.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5pegVQUFFj0
utena20th-event.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yup

Touga = best boy

Tell me more about your throbbing engine, Akio!

And this = best pair

Say no to Akio.

Akio did nothing wrong

But he's so fabulous!

donna donna donna
youtube.com/watch?v=5pegVQUFFj0

Nanami is unironically best girl.

Dare you enter his magical realm?

Akio did everything wrong

Bon appétit!

Is Ikuhara working on anything new? I need my dosage.

I love when she spots Saionji cooking eggs in her egg episode.

>Is Ikuhara working on anything new?
Yes, at MAPPA.

Even the floor tells me to stop.

Is this for real? People wouldn't lie on the internet would they?

It's from Ikuni's twitter and website, so yes it's real.

What'll his next masterpiece be about?

>those streaks
The Dezaki influence is strong with that shot.

Lesbian cows

Where is this?

Yuri Cow Arashi?

The 20th anniversary exhibition utena20th-event.com/

UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS

YuriUshi Arashi

moo moo.

Ikuhara is a hack, he hasn't made anything of value after 90s

>He came.

A time-plated Paradise Lost

>starts on March 8th
Not sure if this is intentional but I like it.

Penguindrum was just as enjoyable for me, sans the ending.

He probably just put it in there. You can't feel it when he's actually cumming.
sauce: papa

It doesn't look very good to be honest. In RoV's case it kinda works because the streak around Andre is darkened and Andre is going blind, in Utena streaks are just like Kyoani's filters.

Not him but I disagree. The streaks add flavour and tangible atmosphere to both scenes.

It's not exclusive to RoV. Everything Dezaki ever made had those streaks, even stuff like Cobra.

shut up aachaa

why does archer look so weird?

I'm not gay, but I would FUCK Akio
Saionji is actually best boy Tougafags can't fuck off

Gay skaters

Delete this please

Yaoi!!! On Asphalt

Gay men that turn into lesbians in the end.

The symbolism might be nice.

Utena turning into a car was honestly the hypest thing. I couldn't fucking believe it when it was happening, but damn, a show about sword duels and princes turned into Mad Max

Also, have it belong to the yuri genre.

It's Ikuhara we're talking about, so obviously it'll be yuri.

utena is not a lesbian

Utena turns people lesbian.

Then why is she holding hands with Anthy?

I didn't like the Black Rose arc and I'm pretty sure its because I didn't understand it.

Was I supposed to find this guy attractive?

>in Utena streaks are just like Kyoani's filters.
Don't you dare!

Utena didn't even use that much of a black or gradient to black blocking as early Dezaki, using texture instead. Dezaki had that shit as a SIGNATURE. If you ever watch Oniisama e... (which you should since it's one of the major influences of the work), the dude blocks to black absolutely EVERYTHING that is not essential to the theme. He even blocks the sky in a sunset to make the setting sun more piercing.

No way, fag

Bosom friends

Wikipedia:
>Souji is the pink-haired head of the popular Mikage Seminar at Ohtori Academy. He wishes to kill Anthy and install a gravely ill boy, Mamiya Chida, as the Rose Bride in order to save him from terminal illness. Mikage uses manipulation and psychology to control students close to the Council members in order to create a Duelist who can beat Utena.

Haha, just us being "Bosom fiends", right Anthy?!

Akio/Dios is hot

Tsuwabuki is the only 100% heterosexual person in the show.

Movie ≠ TV

Utena is not a lesbian.

The Black Rose arc was uneccsary filler.

He's nanamisexual.

You know what, I guess I was overthinking some things.

>uneccsary filler
How to spot a brainlet. The Black Rose arc foreshadowed everything that would eventually happen to Utena.

I am a Nanamisexual

The Black Rose arc is necessary.

It's where the plot starts, it's when Akio appears, and we see the dark side of Anthy and the tournaments.

>Miki will never reciprocate Kozue's feelings

tbf Akio is nothing without his car

>Mikage
>gay
I thought he was in love with this woman

Really, the TV series is more about Utena and Anthy "learning to shine together" than anything about sexuality. But I do think their relationship does go a step further than just friendship, but between romantic love and sexual desire

Her terminally ill brother, Mikage is the gayest person in the show

Bitch please the Black Rose arc was fantastic. One of the things I love most about Utena is how much time it spends on characters who would be throwaway in any other series.

Mikage genuinely loved her. He just got cucked by Akio and sperged out.

He brought out the potential power of the Duelists through possessing their "shadows" with some dead duelists to dethrone the Rose Bride and stablish his own. Is so dead-set into putting that image that he mixes past, present and the images implanted by Akio/Anthy to confuse him, giving himself the delusion of possibility and change within the stablished system by Akio and a heroic/ tragic-necessary past to revolutionize the world. Of course, he just got forgotten by time.

In the structure of the series, the Black Rose represents the antithesis of the desires expressed by the characters in the first segment of the show (I-desire-object of interest expressed through Anthy;outer person to object of interest-desires-I and that can only be fulfilled through the destruction of Anthy) that would result in the duality-parity-synthesis?-pure sex that is the last segment. Extremely necessary to the internal workings of it.

It has some of the best episodes in the series: the counter Touga and counter Daisonji are spectacular episodes, as is the conclusion of the arc (MUCH better resolution than the series itself!). However, the episode structure is very contrived and rushed through and through (but that's a trouble of the series as a whole).

>pure sex that is the last segment
Akio driving his car is pure sex indeed.

Metaphorically!

>MUCH better resolution than the series itself!
Pleb maximus

A crumbling estructure, a panoramic pan on how everyone is doing and then Anthy making the Megaman 2 ending? Ikuhara can do much much better than that. Couldn't he at least have made the ending segment, the supposed liberation of Anthy, from Anthy's point of view instead of being so cold? (Haven't watched the film at all, mind you!)

>panoramic pan
Congrats for being retarded, I

are you ok?

Was just correcting myself that's all. Panoramic and pan are the same thing, one abbreviation of the other.

Why is the direction in this series so good?

Everything is synched with the visuals perfectly.

Ikuhara at his finest

Please take a moment to mourn the passing of Ruka Tsuchiya, a great friend and true yurifag to the end.

>yurifag
I think you mean Jurifag

Shit boy. I'd piss on his face if I saw him dying.

>only boy to think beyond his own ass
>some of the best individual character episodes
>repeated the glorious ep 7 fight animation
>is in a Juri episode
>shit

Both. Ruka died just to make sure Juri and Shiori got together, what a bro.

But Ruka is literally one of the most unselfish and good characters in the cast, which says a lot about the rest granted.

>Ruka died just to make sure Juri and Shiori got together, what a bro
No he didn't? He was terminally ill. He knew he was going to die, and died trying to show Juri the truth that Shiori was a manipulative bitch.

He didn't die for that though.
I liked that in the end he was just a selfish asshole and Juri and Shiori were implied to be on better terms in the finale anyway.

Yes Ruka knew he was dying, and yet he chose to give what little he had left tearing down the relationship he and Juri once had, to make her utterly loathe him despite how much he loved her. There was never any place for him in her heart and he knew it, so he did the next best thing and gave her the ability to heal her own heart.
His methods were cruel but necessary, and while his motive for playing hero can be considered selfish, the way he gave everything he had for the girl he loved is anything but. He tore off the band-aid for both of them and quietly left the stage, knowing they would finally be alright.
Best boy.

>Ruka Tsuchiya
pour one out for the niggas we lost

Anyone pre-ordered the 20th edition bluray?

I need to watch this series again
It's really fucking interesting how Anthy's actions towards other people change their meaning with hindsight

>WASH
never has a car wash seemed so evil.