How did your name win 2016 when this came out that year as well

how did your name win 2016 when this came out that year as well

any more movies like this? actually brought me to tears

It's not fair, bros.

You should spoiler it in the future for people who haven't seen the movie. Fortunately I've already seen it.

What the fuck it's shown in the trailer that she had lost her hand.

>wartime drama film
well thats your answer

>watching trailers

When has a trailer not spoiled anything?

>you will never suck on Suzu's toes

ay what

>you will never cuck her husband

It's also in the literal manga which was translated years ago and at everyone's disposal to read before the film came out.

STOP IT

>autism about war is bas vs. muh teenage luv autism
Hmm, and AOTY goes to...

Her fault for being born in the asian third reich

Sumi ;_;

>Katabuchi asked Anno if he had seen In This Corner of the World, and Anno replied, "I saw it. What a woman, doing nothing. I wanted to strangle her."
What the fuck, Anno?

The biggest take away I got from the movie was that people less than century ago did not have TV

mom and dad died

Anno doesn't like submissive girls

She was too naive and air-headed, just unbelievable especially in that setting
and the Japs were worse than Hitler in WWII, I couldn't empathize

>I couldn't empathize
Imagine being this inept of human emotion for those who never wanted to be apart of the war in the first place.
The entire film purposely avoids the typical melodrama ~ guilt trip bullshit you see everywhere else in war films. I think you missed the point, or perhaps did not watch the entire film.

how was she naive

>and the Japs were worse than Hitler in WWII, I couldn't empathize
the movie hints at this though, when you see a korean flag flying from a house at the end of the movie. the manga is also a bit more blatant in its criticism of imperial japan.

Sumi died too.

Your Name wasn't nominated for an Oscar. In This Corner might.

>and the Japs were worse than Hitler in WWII, I couldn't empathize
sounds like the british, the americans and the soviets. but hey, those won so they were "good". typical brainwashed american. nips are bad because they were the enemy, but stalin was cool for incarcerating and working tens of millions to death in syberia.

because kimi no na wa was made by an acclaimed director and is a visually impressive piece of work, while in this corner of the world was very well written movie, but directed by a literal nobody while also having fairly simplistic visuals. its on my 3x3 for a reason, but if you cant see that it lacks general appeal and "hype" then you suffer from some severe mental disability. it also wont win an oscar, and it shouldnt. it simply is too simplistic in its overall visual direction and quality. that doesnt mean that it looks bad, but it isnt a breath-taking experience that can sell itself through mindblowing visuals, which is what "the best animated featured" should do if you ask me.

She didn't do anything. I want to strangle her.

wait wat

Read this part again in the manga, and notice that the background art is getting messier from that point onward. As if it's drawn by the left hand

Woops, meant to quote

What should she have done