Why does Sup Forums hate Monogatari so much?

Why does Sup Forums hate Monogatari so much?

I mean it's a smart, fun shoe filled with clever dialogue.

faux-ironic series that is quintessentially lolibait and waifubait haremshit trying too hard to appear smart trough dialogue

there is nothing "intelligent" about monogatari series but you can still enjoy it
kizumonogatari movies were the most fun

>shoe

Since more normalfags became attracted to Monogatari the natural course for the average Sup Forums contrarian was to bash the series with buzzwords rather than real criticism.
Looks like it's already started in this very thread.

It had excellent art direction with pretentious dialogue; making it appear to be and sound "intelligent" when it wasn't. That's about it.

I GOT MAD AFTER MC-F.AM CHOSE HITAGI OVER BIG TIDDIE CAT BFF

Name one (1) harem light novel adaptation that is smarter

never got the "pretentious dialogue" gag, most of it is just flirting or discussing the situation our heroes find themselves in this week, same as any other fantasy romcom

This, I don't understand why he wanted to remain friends with her when he masturbated while thinking about her.

>it's hard to name a "smarter" harem series
>the absolute state of haremshits

>I didn't understand it all

Same reason why Sup Forums hates Fairy tail

Has Sup Forums ever been shittier?

Because it's popular with western normalfags, and most of its detractors never gave it a chance anyways or have the wrong idea about it. It's not pretentious at all.

Girls are too good. People realize that their waifus from other shows are shit.

Try harder.

awaken my sleevemaster

Each episode reminded me of something I was trying hard to forget.

I sometimes enjoy watching it for well made spectacle but I've not watched Owarimonogatari yet.
Does it get good?

Kizu was mediocre

I like it but crab is such an unlikable cunt. She ruins every scene she's in with the only exception being episode 12 of Bakemonogatari. Besides that I'm amazed how anyone puts up with her cringe inducing shit. I'm amazed people even like her character, the anime would be far better without her.

>smart

To be fair you have to be very high IQ to understand bakemonogatari. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Japanese culture most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Araragi’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Shōbōgenzō literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Bakemonogatari truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Araragi’s existential catchphrase “Making friends would lower my power as a human,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Natsume Souseki's Ningen Shikkaku.

nice pasta

Because reddit liked it

I think it's alright.

Well memed, my friend.
>disliking something just because reddit likes it
really jogged my cogs

People wiho like monogatari: 2008 masterrace
People who hate monogatari: 2015 brainlets trying to fit in by being contrarian

I was convinced no real person could possibly act like crab until I saw your post.

People who are neutral regarding Monogatari, have read the novels and still think Hakomari is better, with Haruhi being GOAT : connoiseurs

Neo-Sup Forums is essentially negareddit. We stop liking things when they start liking it, and we like things because they dislike it, see: Trump and Pai

reddit is just a boogieman when it comes to anime, just go take a look, it's empty with 5 page rules that just say "don't have fun"

>do not post jokes

and just click on "full rules", it's like a crystallised form of autism

Do I really want to read them? That's like an insanity point right there.

It's actually a legitimate thing though. The vast majority of subs are plagued with "low effort shitposts" where 95% of the content is memes and there's no legitimate discussion whatsoever.

not really, I didn't read all of it, just skimmed through
I'm just saying that reddit is a boogieman in terms of anime, I don't know about other sides of reddit, like politics, video games or whatever so maybe they're right there but certainly not with anime, it's not even creator friendly so even the youtube anime reviewers don't focus on that site
at this moment there's a myriad of anime portals and communities on the internet, some of them have above 50k active users in this moment but reddit is like a fraction of Sup Forums

>legitimate discussion
>let's just try to have a forced a discussion about nothing instead of having fun

If you think "fun" is 207 variations of whatever the meme of the week is

Who gets to decide what counts as a meme and what doesn't? What if there is a spiteful, heated political debate and one or more people end up quoting a Gundam character by accident? Is that person still memeing even while not aware they're doing it?

yeah funposting is fun newfriend

You need to go back.

Dude what are you even talking about

Here's your average monogatari fan

I'm going to phrase it in a way you'll get it.

If I meme by accident, am I still memeing?

Will I get downvoted for doing it?

it has waifus and fanservice so it's shit

What
There's no such thing as an accidental meme. If you open Photoshop and paste anime character faces over a picture or something, how the shit is that an accident

I love Monogatari, I hate monogatarifags.

Imagine opening Sup Forums one day and there was no generals, no recent episodes discussions, nothing like that, it was just line, YLYL tier shit with lots of /e/ spilling over. Doesn't that sound awesome?

I hate it because we won't get more Madoka as long as they can just pump up more *monogataris.

>Why does Sup Forums hate "Reddit - The Anime" so much?
Gee, I wonder.

why are monogatari threads always so shit?

IRC gangsters

Isn't it over though? I'll admit, I only watched Bake and then like, half of whatever was after that, but I thought they just got done killing everybody off or something.

> there was no generals
yeah I'd like that, but just go look at some threads from 10 years ago, Sup Forums was actually fun back then not this autistic forced nanny shit of "okay kids, let's sit in a circle and talk about this topic, let's all be very civilised and don't make any stupid jokes, now we'll go left from right and everyone has to say something about it"
fuck off, this is a site for juvenile males who like anime and want to goof around
even with it's current state Sup Forums is still better than that reddit wall of autism they call rules but you actually want that, you retarded faggot

Wouldn't irritate your dickhead like hell though?
Unless you're a jew, I guess.

Post more Nobuemon.

unironically GJ-bu

I watched nise about a year ago and bake about a year before that. I just finished kizu and am going to watch second season soon but I've forgotten pretty much everything that happened in nise/bake
help

There was one good thread 6 days ago

>Why does Sup Forums hate Monogatari so much?

PLEBS

For me at least, it has too much fanservice

I liked it but it's drawn out so fucking much I lost interest.

where the FUCK are the Karenposters?

I'd lick shinobu shoe

Watched owari last week and could not locate the event in the timeline.
I give up.

That's not really different from any regular forum.

This. In general IF i "hate" something it's mostly just the fanbase of it. The only thing I'm using gatarifags for is if there's a new novel or some new adaptation to get information or maybe even a translation. Hell, even that won't be the case in a few years, considering I'm working on my moon atm. Monogatari is fucking awesome, though, especially Nobu.

because he's lowkey scared of Hanekawa.

C.C.> shinobo

So is a power point presentation. Still boring in the end. Blame shaft.

What the fuck do you consider a "monogatarifag" if you apparently don't include yourself in it despite your loyal following of the series?

>Haruhi
>He's still waiting for the final novel

Why would you want more Madoka?

Some people aren't contrarian faggots, who look for reasons to hate their hobbies.

So because I don't want more Madoka because I thought the ending was fine and further series would ruin it, it means that I hate anime?

>clever dialogue

>t. newfag who doesn't know about gorespammer

>smart, fun shoe

Sup Forums didn't use to hate monogatari. They used to love it. Personally I dislike it because:
-pedophilia
-incest

nuff said

It's almost like puns don't translate well into other languages.

But you just mentioned two of its pro's.

Literally the Rick and Morty of anime. Something that seems to be smart but is actually bullshit that "elitists" will eat up in order to seem intelligent.

Unironically this

nuff said indeed

He put the pussy on the pedestal.

From where this "Monogatari is smart" meme came from? the show always end up spelling everything for the viewer at some point.

Post the pasta

No one says it's smart though except for idiots like you that posts things like that. The reason it's good is because it has a range of pretty girls and good background art of a quiet clean city.

>too much fanservice
error

>pedophilla and incest
what's not to love?

tsukihi phoenix was the only good part of this dogshit series.

no

>crab

kys

This is a big part of it. Also, virtually nothing even happens in the story, Aragi just spends 99% of the episodes talking to waifus about fucking nothing and feels with innuendo. I feel like they just wanted to make a dating sim.

WHERE IS THE FUCKING OUGI DARK OP
IT HAS BEEN MONTHS

t. brainlet

They are just jealous of its success.