Your Name

Your Name

Other urls found in this thread:

musicalstarza.com/kiminonabutai-871/
youtube.com/watch?v=jx7_Fl3X1i8
youtube.com/watch?v=owFQKBqfEWE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll never understand why this 6 / 10 movie got so popular

why didn't mitsuha just do this? was she a retarded country pumpkin or something?

normies first anime

Babby's first genderbender

It's pretty to look at.

>6/10
Generous rating, eh. I'd give it a 4/10 at most because it is an eyegasm

But isn't like this with every super popular movie/anime/series/book ever?

Like it's said, popular ≠ good

Netflix adaption live action movie when?

>Yo Name
>Yo Name tells the story of Shanaynay - a black young feminism in a rural neighbourhood and Jim - a weathy white boy in Murica, The day of the 9/11 event, two lives changed forever. Shanaynay and Jim are complete strangers living separate lives. But one night, they suddenly switch places. Shanaynay wakes up in Jim's body, and he in hers. This bizarre occurrence continues to happen randomly, and the two must adjust their lives and privilege around each other

An oscar wouldn't be enough to pay for this masterpiece

I don't know, it feels bland. Would love to see the scenes when he becomes the girl at school though.

Honestly it was a really shitty adaption of keitai, makes you wonder wtf Michael Bay was thinking.

Then you're an idiot. Regardless of the movie's quality, you should be able to identify the factors that make it popular. It's blatantly obvious that something like this would have accessible, mass appeal. You might be braindead.

Really fucking hope JJ Abrams doesn't make the live action about 9/11

real keit-ai fucking when

>Shanaynay, now with dick on hand, decides to infiltrate the patriarchy in order to find out its master evil plans to rape womin but instead she finds mentally broken men that have been cucked and left by their girls.

>Really fucking hope JJ Abrams doesn't make the live action about 9/11
Actually that's fucking brilliant.

It looks nice and generates feels.

That being said, I agree that it is a 6/10.

How can one anime look so good.

My name? It's user

>normies
>ib4 trying to fit in

That's how ur mom butt looks when I finish with her lmao

My Names.

lmao, hahahah gettem bro!

My Name is not important.
What IS important is why I'm going to do.

>the day before he goes all out, this guy wakes up in mitsuha's body

superior

Beyond the Clouds was better than 5cm

It's gonna be about Trump and Hillary

This movie sure looks pretty, but man the characters were boring. And that sake and god thing was cringeworthy to watch.

What?

I was practically seething in the theater when rest of the audience laughed at the generic boob grabbing joke the three times it appeared
Fucking normies

How does it feel to be so cynical that you can't enjoy a medium anymore? Your name was a fantastic movie and you should feel ashamed and look inside for what the problem is. It's popular for a reason.

>normies
Also the boob grab had great timing everytime, faggot.

What does it say about the state of anime when "normies" are laughing at boob jokes while f/a/ggots are being "offended" by them?

>Defending the anime equivalent of Marvel blockbuster aimed at teenagers

The movie was shit and nobody will remember it in a few years

just like your life

Doesn't make you anyless of a faggot.

SEETHING

>any movie I don't like has to be compared to a MARVEL film, whichever one that means

Really, just calm down.

>Marvel blockbuster
The movie made shit money in the USA. It was a big hit in Japan and Asia, but Westerners didn't give a fuck because it wasn't anything like the standard Disney/Marvel fare.

Is that the girl from Monsters, Inc?

Nice

Do older sisters really throw themselves on their imoutos while crying and massaging their own tits?

masterpiece

jeff

>yada yada you're stupid because you're wrong
How about your actually prove your point?

Surely you could have thought of a more white name than Jim

What's there not to understand? Bright colors, beautiful backgrounds, simple plots with good ending, easy listenig music, good marketing followed by favourable initial reviews.

Decent recipe for success if I ever seen one.

And don't forget its financial success is largely buoyed by the Chinese market.

Unsurprisingly, the Chinese receives a Japanese feature film favourable when it's not about WWII

>normies
So, it was your first anime, you fucking normalfag?

John Wayne, but I'm not that famous actor

They should make a one cour show out of this movie.

Eat your Hollywood movie

No it don't. The modern Chinese movie market have been crafted specifically in a way that, only a few selected movie every year can get part of its revenue back to the producer. All other movies including basically all Japanese anime movies use a one-off license model that licensor cannot gain anything extra from the box office

I also give it 06/10
as for its huge popularity, the reason is: the animation and characters design are beautiful
only this,and nothing more
the same reason why that mediocre animation studio called as "Kyoani" is so damn popular

This.
Sadly that movie sucked.

I wanted more of her tits.

I want to be Mitsuha, but I don't want to force Mitsuha to have my body.

the ecchi parodies of the film are pretty descent

Name a 8/10 anime movie.

My? I'm Donald

not joking here,Spirited Away

I'm just glad it did

Parodies like doujin?

i was referring to the images from various artists
those you can find in sakakuchan,e.g.

Lifelike texture ;_;

user said 8/10 not 10/10

>extremely detailed backgrounds
>basic as fuck character designs
What the fuck Shinkai

i give it 8/10 cause many stuff seemed way too odd for me
it all felt like a lysergic trip

Only 10/10 anime movie is End of Evangelion. Not even joking.

pure kino, need 165+ iq to truly appreciate, patricians choice, burgers need not apply

Kimi no na wa character design is great, like the rest of Tanaka work, with quite basic linework it gives each character a distinctive look with goes according with their personality and suffer from zero sameface despite the large cast.

Because you are a literal contrarian teenager.

>basic as fuck character designs
are you nuts? this is not true
which anime do you consider as having great characters design then?

Jin Roh: Wold Brigade.

musicalstarza.com/kiminonabutai-871/

Char's Counterattack
One Piece movie 6
Otokojuku's movie

Haruhi movie but thats actually a 10/10 anime movie

damn
i forgot about this one,it's nice
movies from anime series can be good,but they are meh most of the time,like the DBZ ones

>anime do you consider as having great characters design then?
Koe no Katachi :^]
But really Nishiya is amazing. Just compare Oreki and Taki. Taki looks like a generic single cour protagonist and Oreki is movie tier.

Yup

Tenchi Muyo in Love

fpbp

>Mitsuha

Unfortunately, Anno no longer desires to make good anime films, since his heart is in live action Godzilla films.

Castle in the Sky

>people would rather spend more time bitching about how terrible a film is that is meant to make you feel good and smile than enjoying it

It makes sense when you consider how much the people on Sup Forums hate their lives.

The way I see it, there's three phases of discussion
First phase: When the media is first released, and in the initial hype the blind fanboys will defend it as if any criticism against the film is criticism against them as a person
Second phase: The sweet spot between the two where criticism becomes more validated and the people stop caring about the media as a whole
Third phase: Nobody gives a shit about the media anymore outside of the people who felt ostracized in the first phase since they didn't enjoy the media and were dwarfed by the initial hype, and succumbed to blind anger at the media itself

We're in the third phase now.

I only watched it for the first time recently and found myself annoyed at how mediocre it really was.

I really have to disagree with that whole notion. I watched Your Name since the April screenings and anons who also did genuinely enjoyed talking about it, myself included. The flaws, the thrills, everything was discussion to look forward to, and I never sensed this "blind fanboy" presence as much as there were just shitposters who didn't even watched the film. I still want to talk about Your Name, the good and bad points, but it's really impossible at this point because like says it's just getting repetitive with the shitposts and there's not many anons left who are eager to talk about it in further detail. Those golden thread days are gone and it's a real travesty, but it was to be expected and there's not much reason to bring it up again. I'll still try to enjoy the film on my own way.

>ftw I googled how real kuchikamizake looks like

I really shouldnt.

I am ashamed to recommend this movie for anyone to watch because of these scenes

What's the matter, you don't want to get drunk on miko mouth semen?

It's not a rock solid template for every show, of course. In some contexts it differs (such as Koe no Katachi getting a lot of flak just for being Yamada/Kyoani/huge hit in Japan). The discussion during screenings are a different matter. Only a few hundred anons probably actually saw the movie at theaters, and then the rest saw it when the BD was released. I only joined the threads myself after the BD was released as that was when I saw it, and it was more of the same for every anime that suddenly gets popular among normalfags. Terribly articulated posts that attempt to recognize flaws but then turn around and blindly praise what the criticism pointed out (think "The characters are underdeveloped, but they felt like real people!" or "The musubi god made them forget what year it is, so it isn't shoddy narrative writing!") and other blind fanboyism were rampant with the odd "Why didn't they look at the calenders?" post.
Then you get your sweet spot after the initial hype down, which is where I got most of my discussion fix, but then the regurgitated criticisms that people take from others just to shit on the movie and memes start to show up.
Not a harp on Your Name, btw. Happens with nearly every popular piece of media that comes out.

Now nobody cares about Your Name, and regurgitation is all that's left.

youtube.com/watch?v=jx7_Fl3X1i8

youtube.com/watch?v=owFQKBqfEWE