Total weenie crybaby

>total weenie crybaby
>no social skills or self-awareness
>automatically has a girl falling over him for zero reason

Is there a worse protagonist in the history of shounen?

Other urls found in this thread:

fb4yt.com/video/651697581661692
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i sincerely dislike him i tried putting up with him throughout the show but he is rage inducing

good thing he's not bland like gon

It can't be helped. Insecure nerds need a character to self-insert into.

>Is there a worse protagonist in the history of shounen?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

you mean young boys.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>focused on self-improvement
He's automatically better than 90% of shounen protagonists.

Does every MC need to be virtuous and good at everything? Fuck off.

>focused on self-inprovement
but that is 90% of shounen protagonists

Nah I call bullshit, this tier of protag is something typically only seen in 90s harems (and those protags had to win over their love interest). Goku, Luffy, Naruto etc all manage to lead very successful shounen without also being massive weenies.

Nope, all shounen protags "focus on self improvement" to one degree or another. Deku manages to be gratingly pathetic.

Fair enough haven't seen it

Nice try, Bakugo

YUNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Deku's admiration of Bakugou really is annoying. Weenie never even defends himself.

>total weenie crybaby
He may be a crybaby, but he's not a weenie
>no social skills or self-awareness
He has perfectly average social skills and is overly self-aware if anything
>automatically has a girl falling over him for zero reason
He literally just saved a little girl by punching a Kaiju Yakuza Boss into the sky.

Nope, they should at least be likeable though. Deku is not he's the worst protag in the history of shounen.

Also he's very virtuous (to a stupid and obnoxious degree, like his whole relationship with Bakugo makes me want to puke, show some real spine) and constantly winning shit he has no business winning anyway (like the race, like why?)

Could they make a worse character if they even tried?

Agreed.

Nope he's a mega weenie. I think the only purpose of the crybaby ball-head character was 100% to try to make Deku look better by comparison by being an even shorter, uglier, more crybaby Deku.

>He has perfectly average social skills and is overly self-aware if anything
Nope he has zero social skills. Constantly stammering and crying and trying to suck up to characters who don't like him.

>He literally just saved a little girl by punching a Kaiju Yakuza Boss into the sky.
Doesn't make it better, since he's otherwise an ugly obnoxious midgeyt with no social skills. Like heros are always saving each other thats what they do doesn't mean they want to have sex.

Cringe gonfag.

>"i watched one episode and dropped": the post

You mean the best?

It could be worse, he could be in a bad anime.

Oh wait...

Not really, most shounen protagonists just have a lofty goal and coast along toward it with their regularly allocated plot powers and friendship magic. Rarely do I ever see them focusing on self-improvement in order to try and fill the large shoes they're aiming for.

He did well, no reason to keep watching that garbage.

I've read like 60+ chapters because its one of the most hype shounen and he's absolute the worst trash even seen in the history of all shounen protags and I've dared someone to come up with worse.

Gon isn't great, but he's not as bad as Deku insofar as Gon isn't constantly crying and stuttering about nothing.

Mental improvement is also a thing, user, and it’s clearly one of the show’s point

And no, who needs another SCREAM SCREAM I’M ALWAYS CONFIDENT I’M THE BEST character that are barely human, because really, when was the last time you see someone like that?

Massive balls, punched down a giant robo for you, broke his arms and legs in the process, constantly one upping everyone, smart, telling people how it is.

Deku can have my boy pussy

I watched every episode, and I agree with most negative things said about him in this topic.

>And no, who needs another SCREAM SCREAM I’M ALWAYS CONFIDENT I’M THE BEST character that are barely human, because really, when was the last time you see someone like that?
IDK when was the last time you saw some kid shoot energy beams out of his hand or whatever? Who cares its a cartoon.
The thing is, that yes, short/ugly/whiny/needy/obnoxious people DO exist in real life. And everyone hates them in real life. And making a whole manga center around this kind of total whiny weenie, while also having him constantly rewarded by the narrative, is jarring.
And like I said I'm 60+ chapters in and I see zero "mental development". In order for him to mentally develop he'd need to actually be punished properly for being so inept and obnoxious in the first place too which hasn't happened outside of the fact that Bakugo hates him, which is treated as a flaw of Bakugo's (!!) and something other characters chastize him for. The only "development" he's gotten is with his powerlevels so he doesn't hurt himself (ps hurting himself physically also has no consequences either other than his hand has a scar on it now).

But he has such a great personality!

Or should I say quirk

Gold digging precog right?

Damn its true! He's totally ugly and totally unlikable but he punched the robot so therefore girls can't help but want his dick! This is how attraction works IRL!

Mangafags constantly say that he gets better, but 40 episodes in and he still has the exact same stuttering crybaby bitchboi personality that he had fro mthe start. There are fleeting moments where he's not an annoying fuckwas, but those are just brief instances once in a while. In his default state, he stutters and cries any time somebody looks in his general direction. It's not charming. It's not fun to watch. It doesn't make me wanna root for him. It just makes me wish he'd get off the screen.

We not see him again because its flop

I'm 68 chapters in and he's still garbage. I've never ever been this irritated by a protagonist before. Any other character chosen at random (even the invisible girl) would have been better served. Bakugo's raging hate for Deku is supposed to be a flaw he gets over too I'm sure but I'm too busy sympathizing with him.

Fuck off BnHAfag deku is more anoying then asta

Hits too close to home for you?

>IDK when was the last time you saw some kid shoot energy beams out of his hand or whatever? Who cares its a cartoon.
So you’re saying that characters should have no human aspect at all? Says a lot of thing about you and the type of stories you consume.

>A flaw of Bakugou’s
Now you’re just being blatant.
Fuck off

you literally only hate him because he's short, and you can't self-insert

Even until now he still garbge i wish jump axed this manga

Would the overhaul arc be redeemed in anyone's eyes if the plot takes everything that happened in it and actually builds over those points?

So Far no arc changed the status quo as much as this one, the VA started being competent for real, like 5 people died, there's a really dangerous weapon in the hands of the bad guys, some of the kids showed some hints of upcoming character development, Eri is around now , and last but not least some of the characters that got added in the arc could still stick around.

I think we are reading something completely different, if the only thing you got out of Deku is that he is a cry baby then you should probably just stick american television because some how the incredible simple plot and character progression is flying over your head.

Deku has been growing into a more self confident and assertive hero, my biggest fear was that he might have been developing too fast, that he was getting close to hitting the peak of his character growth and then we would be stuck with it for 300+ more chapters.

Finally someone said it. He's even more obnoxious than Shinji.

Nobody fucking cares autist

i swear to god this must be it.
you fags want your alpha charismatic characters because you want to be them then have the nerve to spout hatred for characters like deku because they act like "beta self-inserts". it's screams of insecurity and projection

>worse protagonist in the history of shounen
Its true only otaku faggot webbs like it

SSSSSSSIIIIISSSSSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Deku is a pretty bad protagonist, but saying he is worse than Asta is retarded.

What status quo was changed? Night Eye died, the previously irrelevant yakuza are all injail or unarmed, and the league just got their hands on the quirk erasing drug that they don't really have the capability to mass produce like how overhaul did(though they got the scientist guy).

Stain Arc, school trip and the hideout raid all had massive impacts on the status quo, this hasn't come close to that. Not that it can't, but we haven't seen the ramifications yet.

The best characters are very human. If Deku was a whiny unlikeable shitbaby (he is) and his story reflected that of a whiny unlikeable shitbaby then it might be a good story. My favorite anime is Nana, because I feel that the characters are flawed, but believable and their flaws have real consequences.
But instead, Deku's a whiny unlikeable shitbaby who is constantly rewarded for it, never faces any consequences (outside of Bakugo hating him) and just punches stuff. 68 chapters in and I don't think he's faced a single consequence to anything in the entire manga. (Minus a scar on his hand). He's trash to the core.

Couple of big problems with Deku. Whichever editor decided he should have a quirk made a massive mistake, he should've just carried on Batman-ing the shit out of every situation.

His physical struggles are really inconsequential as far as I've gotten. It doesn't matter that his arms or legs break. Or that he destroyed his fingers. There's a lot of dialogue about it which could be considered foreshadowing but it doesn't make a difference.

And I just generally dislike bitch protagonists, they're always the worst characters in their own series.

I honestly hated Shinji when I was younger, for those exact same reasons. It makes some sense.

Kek BnHAfag still this bad

Somehow despite all of his screaming he's still a better protagonist than Deku

/tg/ pls stay

>Whichever editor decided he should have a quirk made a massive mistake, he should've just carried on Batman-ing the shit out of every situation.
Thank fuck you're not a writer.

>His physical struggles are really inconsequential as far as I've gotten
So you only read pass the first chapter?

You sure you're reading/watching shounen? Almost every single protagonist focuses on self-improvement.

>shitbaby
>likes Nana
we actually have a femanon here

>Deku is a pretty bad protagonist
>Kek, BNHAfag

Autism Speaks.

Well, I know Jump would axe your English first before axing the series

I want alpha charismatic characters because alpha charismatic characters are hot and weenie babies are not. Ez pz pie.

That said if you want to make a weenie baby protag make his weenie baby bs have some consequence.

Yeah, so? It doesn't change anything I said. Deku is still an insufferable child.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

She's played a lot of Persona games.

You have pretty bad taste in men, along with some daddy issues.

>The best characters are very human
>Let’s deliberately ignore the most blatant character progression
>REE WHAT A CRYBABY
You can drop the act now

He is nice

>but saying he is worse than Asta is retarded
If not BnHAfag then who

How big is your penis?

>EWW HE'S A SHORT UGLY LOSER

Somehow it all makes sense, too much sense. You're simply pretending.

>Let’s deliberately ignore the most blatant character progression
What's there to ignore?

Don’t be too hard on ESL-kun
It’s not like he understood what you said.

>Thank fuck you're not a writer.

You do realise the writers original plan was for Deku to not have a quirk, right?

>So you only read pass the first chapter?

Seeing as you've chosen to complete ignore the lines directly after as far as I've gotten. Please tell me what the consequence to Deku destroying his body is. I don't mind spoilers.

>SHORT UGLY LOSER
How in the hell did you get that from "insufferable child"?

Its because I am a femanon that I know how utterly ridiculous it is that Ochako would like this little shit. its so bad.

Nah I think most people like people who are "charismatic" thats why its in the literal name. That's what "charismatic' means.

Only problem with Deku is he has way too much affection and respect for Bakugou. I understand a degree of "we don't really get on, but all the kids in our neighbourhood hung out together all the time", but there doesn't seem to even be that. Is it a Jap thing? Shirou considering Shinji his best friend in Fate is similar, I don't understand.

From her previous posts.

Here’s your token (You)

I heard there’s a hip new skill in town called reading. You should definitely look into that

This is the only thing I don’t like about Deku.

I wish he’d tell Bakugo to fuck off already.

Then again I really hate Bakugo.

The fire/ice guy would have been a better protag. Or Bakugou who is hot and whose personality flaws have real consequences in fights and with his peers. Or literally anyone, name a character from BnH they are a better protag than Deku.

Yeah, hanging around someone who hates you isn't endearing its just creepy and pathetic. I guess its to show Deku's pure heart that he's soo sweet even to people who hate him! But no.

>You do realise the writers original plan was for Deku to not have a quirk, right?
And his editor told him that was a bad idea and he listened because he realized the complications that would involve explaining how Deku can beat people with no quirk

>Seeing as you've chosen to complete ignore the lines directly after as far as I've gotten
So you're just wrong and your statement is based on nothing.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Ch1 crybaby then ch100 still crybaby
The absolut garbage MC

>fujo can't get off to him so he's a shit protagonist
like clockwork

He doesn't hang out with Bakugou

I like Deku because I was like him as a kid. He appeals to me for the same reason Spider-Man did.

fuck off go jack of to dbz or whatever u Sup Forumsssholes with bad opinions do
>finally someone said it
as if every other hero academy thread isnt this degenerate garbage

Todoroki would have been the absolute most boring protagonist for this series.

Different user, but if Deku isn't a crybaby anymore, then what are his flaws? Because it seems posters want it both ways. Either Deku "evolved" past crying or he's flawed thus "realistic".

Does Deku have personality flaws in your opinion?

It fujo wet dream if no because fujo fanbse this manga totaly flop

He’s just too nice is all. He doesn’t like Bakugou and still steers away from him. He definitely doesn’t consider him a “friend” no more than he considers his classmates as his “friend”

The only truly bad thing about him is that alot of people self-insert as him hence autistic Bakugo posting

i mean the series would have to just be incredibly different to focus on todoroki's life // he is very much so written as a side character with his own narrative that interacts with the main story when hori has time for it

Bully win crybaby nerd lose its the most realistic but this manga deku always win because OFA asspull

Bakugou and Todoroki aren't interesting characters on their own.

He's less dull than Deku, far less obnoxious, has more interesting inner conflict.
He is a bit on the low energy side and he's some kind of weird Zuko/Azula hybrid clone so whatever.

did literally everyone in deku's life bully him, and how did they get away with it? did none of his teachers or parents know about it? aren't inko and bakugou's mother friends? did deku just keep it all secret?

He did when they were younger, at least.
Kacchan's a term of endearment to some degree, no? My memory's atrocious, but I'm sure there's been at least one time where he's referred to him as being a friend. Even if not, there's multiple flashbacks where he's hanging out with Bakugou and those other two dickheads.

Shut up betafaggot

>Is it a Jap thing

If Deku had Subaru's reaction to Julius I'd be more than content.

>I'm sorry but I hate your guts. I feel bad for what happened and I'm grateful you're here. But I hate your guts.

fb4yt.com/video/651697581661692

Of course Deku is infinitely wussier and Bakugou is infinitely more of a cunt.

These shitposters are getting worse and worse