Baki Dou 185 translation

The Koreans uploaded their scanlation of this chapter last Friday. It was officially released a couple of hours ago today. Think about that.

>Chapter 185: The Beginning

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/161786741/#q161787456
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Musashi: Alright. I've seen it.
M: Very well.
M: Let us grapple.

M: My testicles...
M: Are sagging, considerably.

Chiharu: It's "that"...
C: It's that thing,
C: From back then.

Baki: I'll take them out with my eyes.
B: Both of your fingers.
B: You're gonna see me break them...
B: With my two eyes.

How can anyone like this garbage

C: "Even though they're eyes,
C: "I'm gonna break your fingers," you said.
C: But...

C: He did it.
C: That guy,
C: Through 'complete release of strength' or some shit, did it.

C: I thought, "this is bad",
C: And tried to close my fingers back into a fist,
C: But there wasn't even time for that.
C: Through a 5-6 meter distance, he...
C: Tele...ported...? Whatever he did, he busted my fingers.
C: Breaking fingers with his eyes.

C: He's that...
C: Fast.
C: He's that strong.
C: And this guy...

C: Just so *easily*...
M: You surprised me.
M: There was no acceleration.

M: When one starts from a still body,
M: Acceleration is always born while stepping forward.
M: And, yet...

M: When you step forward, there is no acceleration.
M: From the beginning, you are already at your greatest speed.
M: It's that exceptional degree.

M: If you did not go so exceptionally slack,
M: That strong speed would not come.
M: Yes.
M: Like water...
M: I wonder - who is his mentor...?
B: Well put.

B: For that "beginning"...
B: Come take your revenge shot whenever.
M: Don't overestimate yourself.
M: Just before the moment in which you moved...

M: Due to the signal which I had received from you,
M: I started before you did, but...
M: The first thing that happened was that I was knocked unconscious.

Motobe: Gaia.
Gaia: ...Yes?
Mo: It's something that you have,
Mo: And that I don't.
G: What...?
Mo: That is...
Mo: The ability to intuit the "first move".

G: Motobe-sensei, you've already...
Mo: Don't try to flatter me, moron.
Mo: What I do is "reading".
Mo: It's just simple "reading", born from experience.
Mo: I can't reach...
Mo: The inside of the brain.

If Baki actually wins this, all the Musashi wankery will have been for nothing
Then again, they have to prop up Baki for a rematch with Yujiro, so beating Musashi might be just what the doctor ordered
Though Baki has lost twice to Musashi in Dou already, and the disparity in strength seemed enormous - Not even Yujiro could have rekt Baki that fast

Oliva: From here on, it's the brain...
M: Going forward, this will be a "reading match".

End chapter.

This is a page advertising Baki stuff - namely, the mobile phone game and the fact that:
Baki merch is going to be at Comiket 93, at the Akita Shoten booth. T-shirts. Towels. Dakimakura covers. Et cetera. Get yours.
The bottom right image on this page is a daki cover so, if you're into that, buy one; and also send me one, I need it for something.

Itagaki sez:

>I've been going to the gym seriously for 8 months now. My whole upper body is hard.
>Heh... what a pain.

TN: He's written the "pain" line to sound like a stereotypical 'badass' manga character. Doesn't really translate.

"Have A Happy New Year!"
-Itagaki Keisuke

End transmission.

thanks

IT'S OLIVA

Based Trump let out Oliva

Musashi is definitely someone Baki could beat
Musashi didn't seem to be on Yujiro's level. Yujiro KO'd him with a nut shot and only took some scratches in the exchange. If he really wanted to kill him he could
This seem to be a theme with Musashi, he gets KO'd a lot from fucking around. But Motobe (a person that actually KO'd him) insists he's much stronger than he's letting on, and told Yujiro to his face that he can't handle Musashi
So who the fuck knows what the plan going forward is. I actually like that it's kinda mysterious, though I've been let down by this series before with arcs going nowhere

Ah yes, the return of the derp face.

Oliva's been around here for a while. Unless you've missed a lot of chapters, you should have seen him before now.

he literally goes where he wants

What’s going on with the dialogue? I can’t follow it at all

Musashi has enlightenment autism

Strong is Beautiful.

Baki'll probably win this, but I actually kinda hope that this series doesn't end with Baki merely beating Musashi. I feel like there should be a better final boss than him.

Really, it kinda feels weird that the series didn't end after the final Yujiro fight... It's not like there's other people beyond Yujiro's strength, because the mangaka sure as hell let us fucking know a million times of how much of a fucking monster Yujiro is, to the point where he definitely felt like the final boss.

Musashi is like that secret boss that's harder than the final boss.

yuiichiro had two sons like yujiro had baki and jack
however, yujiro is the jack between him and his siblings and el hermano de yujiro is stronger than yujiro without ever lifting a finger in his life and his son and grandson are strong too

tada

What parts don't you understand? I can explain whatever.

DOPPO BEST BAKI

What nonsense is this anyway. Are they going to stare at each other now?

if you dont like it go back to your SoL, isekai, romcom series,

this is manly men fighting each other because they love it,

essentially a manga full of kenpachis, who in their right mind wouldnt love this?

Do you just not remember this?

Thanks for the translation. Also could someone explain (again) what did Motobe mean with his "protect" spiel? Making Musashi understand he could have good fights in this era without going to the death?

Translation please???

Thanks. I'm just waiting for this to be over.

>last Friday
Thursday, actually. Thanks for the translation.

Did Itagaki just reuse pages from Son of Ogre or are those drawings new?

>Sup Forumstard escaped his containment
There needs to be a wall built

They're all new except, possibly, for one. One panel looks old, but it may have just been drawn by an assistant or something. I don't remember when Shiba Chiharu went to fight Baki, so I'd have difficulty checking for it.

It's the bit from the end of the third series in which Yuujiro talks about how Person A anticipates Person B's attack and moves to block or dodge it, but Person B anticipated Person A's anticipation and moves to block or dodge it, but Person A anticipated that Person B would anticipate their actions, and so on.

This chapter is refraining to that idea, as Baki seems to now be fast enough to negate the advantage that Musashi initially held over him, which is his telepathy. This means that neither has an innate advantage over the other, so the only proper recourse is to use what Motobe described: intuition gained through experience.

This is where we'll start to see a showcase of the contrasts, rather than the similarities, shared between Baki and Musashi.

Motobe was using a more kinesthetic method to convey what Baki later says here: desuarchive.org/a/thread/161786741/#q161787456

thanks

Testicles.

>calves not thicker than quads
Not a Baki character.

Wasn't always that way.

They look about the same, and they're at angle. This page is older and they're already thicker.

ugh fine

making me do work to find this shit
fuckin sons of bitches

This is how Baki will respond. Calling it.

Here's hoping that it will be as dramatic and exciting, on its own, as that chapter was.

Pic related is the page on which that chapter ends. Imagine having to wait a week to see what happens next from here. Wouldn't all of you feel excited, and eagerly anticipate the next chapter of Baki again?

that's a pinnacle cocktease right there, I'd be dripping precum whole week waiting for 2