ITT: Anime that make dumb people feel smart

ITT: Anime that make dumb people feel smart

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PRXI__Wixas
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's just a test reel for different animation types. It doesn't deserve to be so overrated but it's interesting enough for that.

Yeah, it makes the retarded "lolrandumb" posters feel smart for sure

I might not get another chance to post this

>FLCL isn't just randumb shi-

De*th N*te, the king of speedreading. Well speedwatching.

We get it you don't like ttgl and flcl, stop making these nocritique threads, faggot.

>there are people who unironically don't understand FLCL
>they're on this board right now

i never bothered to understand anything in it
just soaked it in and enjoyed

is there much to understand to begin with?

Disgusting post.

You're right actually

Angels Egg

aaaand /thread

Trick question, if you feel smart watching anime then you're dumb.

this most of oshiis works, eva, steins gate, all of ikuharas works and most of all, nothing even comes close to it, lotgh.

I'm pretty sure this is why death note is so popular with normies

objectively bad post since most of those dont even try to make you feel smart, they are just enjoyable rides.

Those are some really entry level anime. What kind of casual are these people that you never watch some of those and Sup Forums has to trick you to watch them?

I Hate Fun: The Post

FLCL and EVA.

>implying there's ANYTHING wrong with K-ON, FMA 2003, RK Trust and Betrayal, Sora no Woto, Baccano and Mushishi

how contrarian can a person possibly be? find out tonight on Sup Forums

That's actually a pretty good recommendation list.

I agree with all of this but LoGH. It's a space opera, it's meant to be felt foremost.

Some of these are masterpieces when you accept that anime as a whole isn't going to produce anything absolutely mindblowing. That list has stuff that created new genres/archetypes of anime or made the peak version of them.

I get a feeling that most anime fanbases are full of people that watched anime to make them feel smart - its probably more popular and accessible than ever now but it was seen as a weird, obscure talent. This caused fans to claim to think being different as being synonymous with being intelligent. While all the normies are watching a popular, well made Western show, Sup Forumsnons are watching some shitty seasonal show with no value and feeling smug about themselves.

of course you do, thats specifically why its on the list. 2199, macross for the most part, banner and crest of the stars, arcadia of my youth, terra e etc are also space operas, yet they arent trying to fool their audience its believing that they are smart. lotgh is more guilty of that than any other show in existence. its political, philosophical and strategical concept and themes are so incredibly simple, yet a significant part of its fanbase thinks its highbrow.

Any remotely old, faux-obscure anime. Princess Tutu, Utena, Galaxy Express 999, LotGH (worst offender by far), etc. If you see something only in 3X3 threads it probably belongs here.

>This caused fans to claim to think being different as being synonymous with being intelligent. While all the normies are watching a popular, well made Western show, Sup Forumsnons are watching some shitty seasonal show with no value and feeling smug about themselves.
Sup Forums in a nutshell

It's early teenage growth and angst story.

I'm actually bit fed up with the discussion around FLCL being so extreme.
I'm tired of people saying it's randumb, when there are clear arcs.
I'm tired of people saying that it's deep, when it's pretty bog standard in theme.
I'm tired of people saying that it's shit, when it really isn't and probably Gaianax's most consistently good work with no dip in animation or writing.
I'm tired of people saying that it's a masterpiece when other works have told similar themes with more coherency and more depth.

It's an ok anime. It's definitely above average, but like a B +/- or something, nothing to sperg about.

Is this a stealth rec thread?

FLCL is really good in the way that Fullmetal Alchemist is really good. It's not a masterpiece, but it's very entertaining and not seriously flawed.

>a popular, well made Western show
What fantasy land do you live in

I mean just looking at this image poster gives it away. Like "so artsy amirite".

Thats why i love it so much.
Its dumb as shit, but everyone thinks its deep.

You end up appreciating it a lot more after you realize it is mindless drivel.

As the old saying goes "If you go in to FLCL hoping to understand it, the feeling will soon pass."

>brainlet
Shit's easy to understand if you put half a brain into it.

Thats what i meant.
Everyone who watches it for the first time think they can write a scholarly discourse on every bit of symbolism in it.

Its about teenagers getting boners.

Well you can write a scholarly paper on anything. There's an youtube series on Michael Bay Transformers.

It's definitely more than teenagers getting boners. Every discussion around FLCL goes the route of Catcher in the Rye path and the ultimate question is "Is a shallow and confused person being written in shallow and confused way bad writing or not"

>a scholarly youtube series on bayformers

im morbidly curious.

youtube.com/watch?v=PRXI__Wixas

It's a long series, but it goes over many aspects of film theories so I found it interesting.

This. If anything it's underrated. I never see the hate for mediocrity like Rakugo and Aria that this show gets.

>Princess Tutu, Utena

Those shows are good though

>Every discussion around FLCL goes the route of Catcher in the Rye path and the ultimate question is "Is a shallow and confused person being written in shallow and confused way bad writing or not"
This is why I feel like NGE did nearly everything FLCL did years prior better, considering that nearly all of the protagonists are like that in different ways.

well, I'm not sure if variety is a fair critique considering that FLCL is very short in comparison to NGE, and the cast is also very limited. Not to mention that POV is almost exclusively Naota's mean that there's even limited scope within the limited cast as well.

Also I feel like NGE characters are more hung up on singular issues than Naota was.

I felt like I understood NGE characters better as academic cases of various mental disorders, but I think Naota was more of a realistic character.

Eh, whatever

The obvious answer

This is actually the best entryway rec list for anime I've seen.

only brainlets confuse an abstract style and presentation with "deepnes"
good anime though

I'd disagree with that evaluation. I think FLCL was actually pretty concise in its metaphor and character study, and the seeming randomness was just a stylistic flare. I've always seen it as a more condensed and far lighter eva.

I keep telling you to read the manga if it's available instead of the anime but you don't listen.

If GTO is bad, then I don't want good taste.

>only brainlets confuse an abstract style and presentation with "deepnes"
Good description of yuasafags too

The whole point of that image is someone made a legitimately good rec list and slapped an ironic title on it so it tricks the jannys into thinking it isn't /wsr/ material