youtube.com/watch?v=LiOF08Qt3Ac
youtube.com/watch?v=mvYW-Hzy6pQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nc9gO29vMt8
youtube.com/watch?v=YCvuz2JLaIY
kissanime.ru/Anime/Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes
autumn-sacura.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

THE ONLY WAY FORWARD IS THROUGH

>Dumbest man in the galaxy inflicts the most damage on the smartest man in the galaxy
Interesting.

Yes, but it's okay because he's cute.

This.

That's just how LOGH was man. Look at Poplan, guy drank before every battle and ended up being the only guy from the original X-Wing squad to survive and ended up with as much kills as a small fleet alone. Literally invincible.

I've said this before, but every ginger (of the orange variety, not red) in this series survives, and gets away with anything they try.

I just finished this, i have this feeling of emptyness now, killing Seigfried so early was a sad move.

He's actually the one responsible for the most FPA admiral deaths, and was promoted to Fleet Admiral at Reinhard's behest.

I should have saved the one where Bittenfeld's bemoaning him being sent instead of Mecklinger.

>use 5.000 hostages to get one fortress back? you are insane Oberstein
>lets send 2.000.000 soldiers to take it back instead
>What those nobles did at westland was an horrible thing and killed 2.000.000 people
>lets send all our army to invade the other galaxy and send them in giant waves to the enemy

Was he a villain or a hero? is better to kill some or deal with the problem on a more human way?

Neither. He was pragmatic and logical about several issues, but also overly autistic and made several mistakes.

Hero.

He was just trying to do the right thing. He never cared about labels.

But why get him killed?

If all ships explode from one energy beam from a little ship why not send a giant army of little ships to invade? in the show they use the valkyries as some precious weapons.

They are effective at shot range, when they can shot at the larger ship's sides where both their armour and shields are weaker. Without carriers to protect and carry them to the front lines they would be sweep out by artillery fire.

Reminder Bittenfield is in The Last Jedi and Force Awakens.

Does he charge to a clear trap?

What's so dumb about settling for boypussy?

If they ever did a English dub, he would sound like Yosemite Sam.

Think about it.

"If it's stupid but it works it's not stupid"

If only ___ was here.

yes, that’s what makes him best admiral.

Every single FPA character who recognized how retarded their ruling body was but went along with it anyway is the dumbest.

He's a character in the dumbest show in the galaxy

Andrew Fork was dumber than him.

Did you skip all the episodes with FPA admirals?

Have you even watched the show, the whole galaxy is stupid as shit.

That's a very JoJo thing to say.

>Kuroko no Basket: Space Jam

Bittenfield is smarter than most people in the series (which is not saying much)

it's just against the people with actual brain cells he's lacking

he was just autistic

He's literal white trash. Imagine meeting a guy like this in real life, only he doesn't have a space crew to command. He'd be addicted to opioids.

WHAT THE FALK WAS HIS PROBLEM

>defy orders
>get the firing squad

They figured there's no point in democracy is they can just up and overthrow it anytime they don't like it.

If the people of the FPA really loved their damn country they wouldn't have became the corrupt tools they ended up being.

The Empire had the exact same situation going on, but they (including Bittenfeld) took action against it and gained control so that the less retarded people could be the ones making the decisions. If the FPA crew hadn't been so accepting and passive towards their fucked up government, they could have had a fighting chance, but they insisted on going into every battle handicapped because they never took any action on the strategic front.

>The Empire

Had a different form of governance, if you'd been paying attention. Seizing power meant usurping the current sole ruler, instead of trying to dismantle a committee. The show constantly smacks you around the head with the fact.

It also constantly tells you that Yang has the political and military influence to take control if he'd ever tried to. Hell, he literally forms a rebellion centered around himself as a hero figure. He and his gang were literally the only thing keeping the FPA functional and they never did anything to improve it or their situation in it.

best boy.

If only April were here. If only it was April already.

>(((Phezzan)))

What did they mean by this?

Got to extend the war for their own personal gain, fuck it if millions die.

What was the deal with his mistress?

She was his pawn. He used her to see if his son would betray him

I expected her to be a planted there by the (((terraists))) in case Rubinsky fell out of line

Hey everybody, look at this.

Now that's just irresponsible.

I know, right? You should only throw one eye at a time.

How is your dog even supposed to catch Eye #2 when it already has Eye #1 in its mouth? The artist clearly didn't think this through.

he would then proceed to punch the man who laid the trap with his new iron knuckles

He would then proceed to comically slip on a banana peel.

Nah, Oberstein was smart enough to know he should follow Kaiser's orders (most of the time).
Now, this motherfucker singlehandedly lost a hundred year-long war for Alliance.

I don’t want spoil anything for those who haven’t seen it all the way.
The rebellious fleet admiral just died...
Pretty sad that stuff had to go that way. There have been a lot of deaths I didn’t expect. I know I’m near the end of the series and I’m going to be bummed when it is over.
This may be the most solid and enjoyable anime I’ve ever seen.

You know that there's a spoiler function,
right?

Oberstein would have overthrown the Kaiser if it was for the good of the state.

Technically he already helped do it once

>would have
Who do you think gave Emil the poison?

user I'm warning you now space out your viewings of it.

Once it's over. It's over

There is nothing quite like this show out there

hero. His two main traits were loyalty and pragmatism. He was never a backstabbing kike despite the advantage he could have gained.

what wat? is there a reboot?

oy vey

How does one get into this show? What's the charm and appeal of it? Looks comfy as fuck.

LOTGH is the best anime I have ever seen. In fact it is the best story I have ever seen put on screen.

Bad news:
streamable.com/2f4zd

Torrent it from Nyaa, or stream it on YouTube if your ISP doesn't allow torrents.

Here is the first story arc:
youtube.com/watch?v=MrTJnLjjZTI
youtube.com/watch?v=M1-8rwZvftk
youtube.com/watch?v=yy1uU-FjtPo
youtube.com/watch?v=LiOF08Qt3Ac
youtube.com/watch?v=mvYW-Hzy6pQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nc9gO29vMt8
youtube.com/watch?v=YCvuz2JLaIY

Note that streaming is not as good as torrents because
>watermark
>lower quality
>no OPs or EDs

>How does one get into this show?

Episode 1

>What's the charm and appeal of it?

Cute admirals and politicians doing cute geopolitics and cute strategic warfare

Its super fucking comfy.
Watch in the release order guys:
My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars (Film, 1988)
Legend of Galactic Heroes, Season 1 and 2 (OVA series, 1988–1992)
Golden Wings (Film, 1992)
Overture to a New War (Film, 1993)
Legend of Galactic Heroes, Seasson 3 and 4 (OVA series, 1994–1997)
Legend of Galactic Heroes Gaiden (OVA side series, 1998–2000)

This show seems boring as fuck.

>Golden Wings (Film, 1992)
Hmm.

just watch it on kissanime
kissanime.ru/Anime/Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes

Sit down with a cup of tea/whiskey after work

Preferably next to a fire.

The show hooked me it's through its world-building and character development.

They're battles during the show were you don't want to root for either side because both have characters that you're invested in

mfw that knife fight between Reuntal and Von Schenkopf

>Episode 1
Wrong.

it was the odd film out

Isn't torrenting illegal? Also im on a tablet.

>Isn't torrenting illegal?
Nobody cares about anime though.
>Also im on a tablet.
YouTube it is then.

That's right though. Episode 1 is where the main novels start. The movies are from Gaiden novels, so they can be skipped or delayed until later.

I get Star trek vibes from this show

*Wars

Not him but it remindedme of the best parts of DS9 sometimes.

Are you supposed to marathon this show or watch one episode a day like a magic girl show?

One per day is how I watched it. And if you start now then you'll finish in time for the reboot.

>Isn't torrenting illegal?
How does someone as innocent as you even find this website?

I'm 21

Is this a show where you can't be a brainlet to watch?

no

nope, everything is spelled out just for brainlets.

>110 episodes
oof, I'm kinda more into the 12-30 episode range for animes. Does it get dry or boring though?

The only real exceptions to the 12-30 rule for me is Dragon Ball and CardCaptor Sakura.

i would say 90% of it is really interesting, the only episodes that feel like filler are the ones with Julian and that isnt until like episode 80. You could watch the movies also if you want to blast through some earlier episodes. You'll just miss some dialogue.

Nah it never does weirdly enough

I was honestly surprised
I never found myself bored while watching it
Maybe in some parts here and there

It drags you into the world and when it's over you compare every other piece of media to it.
>tfw will never watch LOTGH for the first time again

Your pics are nice. Do you have a tumblr?

They aren't my pictures but I did steal them from the artist's Tumblr.

autumn-sacura.tumblr.com/

Funny thing is I had to stop watching for a while when Yang died

I got morbidly depressed for a few days there

I’m sorry, friend. I’ve been around since like 2009 but I regrettably don’t know how to do any of that stuff.
And as more time passes, my anxiety about being called a newfag instead of learning what I wanted rises.

It's four fucking seasons user. The plot and openings even reveal as much.