I'll say it once and for all : Evangelion wasn't that good

I know this thread will rub people the wrong way, but someone here has to say the truth : Evangelion is not that good. It's not a masterpiece.

It has it's good points but that's it. The plot don.t really make sense and shinji is a shitty protag. He has little to no characterization and could easily be replaced with Kirito from SAO, or that guy from the Katawa Shoujo visual novel.
And also, Rei > Asuka

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9rq2_CSO65Y
youtube.com/watch?v=YDn1QoTVt2U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did shinji fuck a watermelon?

Yes. He is unstoppable

>The plot don.t really make sense
true
>shinji is a shitty protag
your skin is black

>muh unpopular opinion
Also, the "le Shinji sucks and needs to get in the robot XD" meme needs to die.

Is this Loss?

Unlike SAO or (less so) Katawa Shoujo, Evangelion refuses to lionize its protagonist. Your criticism's kind of imperfection (a lack of good points in a scale where there can be maximally good points) would make Evangelion's most important point incapable of being a masterpiece. But that's wrong.

go back

When I first watched it I thought it was the greatest thing ever until the final 2 episodes.

Then I went through a period of absolutely hating it.

Now I feel like I can appreciate it for what it is. It probably isn't a masterpiece, but it's also not as bad as all the haters say it is. It was something special (both for better and worse) especially for its time.

you go back faggot

i didnt start with reddit shit you faggot

>reddit

>He thinks his 22 year late opinion matters

I know this reply will rub you the wrong way, but someone here has to say the truth : Nobody cares about your opinion, you are nothing.

You may have some good points but, in the end it doesn't matter.
Also Asuka>Rei

>.The plot don.t really make sense
Try again, kid.

Did you at least watch End of Evangelion?

>Reifags ever being right.

i do care about his opinion :(

You're right that nobody cares about your opinion. Asuka is shit.

>plot needs to be explained in wall of text

Sorry but that's a fact. Learn the difference champ.

But Evangelion has a very simple plot, user:
>Anno creates series about struggling with his own homosexuality

Nothin wrong with that

It is a fact that Asuka is shit. You're right.

What's the matter, 2deep4u?

I can understand being confused by the last two eps but ruining it? I found that shit maybe the best part of the whole series. You shouldn't have expected a forwards ending at that point.

Why are fags worse than niggers when it comes to taking credit for any sort of accomplishment? Are they delusional?

>I'm being so unique in saying Eva is not the best anime ever
Wow, you really blew my mind, i never thought someone would have this opinion

wow you homophobe

It got you to reply to it

show me don't tell me
if I'm watching an anime, I expect the anime to contain it's own plot, now having to find it somewhere else

however I acknowledge that the plot of the angels and that shit doesn't really matter, as the actual pioint was to portray confusion

lol, true, they often tell us how important historical figures were homos, literally WE WUZing

I'm glad we cleared this up bro. I thought you were an idiot for a second.

A reply on an image message board? Stop the presses, i think i did something unthinkable!

>wow you homophobe
thanks

This but unironically. I consider most cowardly left wing insults to be complete compliments nowadays.

>I expect the anime to contain it's own plot
that's where you mess up

So, basically, EVA is a real estate dispute between two gods.

Is it correct to say that humanity are Lilith's Angels?

>This but unironically
This but unironically

Evangelion is pretty good. Probably not a masterpiece though. Its fans are the most fucking annoying thing ever, acting like Eva is muh 2deep4u, also they consider themselves intellectuals for liking it

jesus christ how retarded are you

it's funny that a lot of people claim that such fans exist and are common, but i have yet to see one who hasn't finished eva one day ago

Rahxephon was unironically better

What most people don't realize is that Shinji can actually be quite the jerk. There's definitely a part of him that loathes, not fears, other people and it comes across in times when he displays a superiority complex over Misato. But of course most people only see him as a whiny beta.

watermelon

>There's definitely a part of him that loathes, not fears, other people
I completely agree. To add, I think Shinji has a high sensitivity to feelings of disgust, and that factors into his loathing of other people. This could also explain why he feels obligated to keep things clean.

Shinji only really acts like a dick when he's being a pussy.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9rq2_CSO65Y

Yeah it's a very subtle thing because his "whiny" persona seems to overpower all other facets of his character in some people's minds. It's definitely something Anno most likely pulled from his own experience and observations of the kind of people Shinji is meant to portray. Not immediately obvious unless you understand those types of people.

Why do Asukafags try to deny she kinda wanted Shinjis dick, and was only playing hard to get. It really doesn't change much about her as an individual.

Why does everyone hates on Shinji for not getting in the Eva? Do they not realize that it literally physically hurts him whenever the Eva takes damage and he's just a shy little 14 year old? The first time he piloted it he got to feel what it's like to get your arm torn off.

I talk about them because I see them on facebook groups, their retarded opinions probably don't matter because they're latinos though

>Why do Asukafags try to deny she kinda wanted Shinjis dick
Thats the opposite of what the post was trying to convey. Its supposed to show that she, not only wanted his dick, but got it.

>using Facebook
>for anime groups
You have to go back

>le secret, exlcusive Sup Forums anime club xddd

Not OP, thanks for the pic, interesting read. Can I ask, where or in which episode was any part of the "prequel" explained or told in the anime or EoE?

if you think Shinji has no personality, then you clearly didn't watch Evangelion. or, maybe you were drunk, or didn't turn the sound on, or something...

Jesus fucking Christ, that scene where he is lying in bed and comments "an unfamiliar ceiling" said more about him than hours of SAO. or, the part where he ran away from Misato's, but spent the entire day on a train that just ran in a loop. or the scene where he had to fight that angel with his classmates in the pod and just started screaming hysterically. Or the scene where he had to kill Kaworu and the camera froze for about a half an hour while Unit 0 stood there, holding him.

holy shit, I haven't watched that show in a decade, and I can recall this shit like looking at the back of my hand.

Some people just can't into subtle story-telling.

>can't into subtle story-telling.
its not even subtle or implied, its explicitly shown.

i think its explicitly stated that Humanity are her angels.

I know, I'm asking why Asukafags deny it when the proof is in the pudding.

yea the ayylmaos did a mistake and sent both eggs to earth...

jesus what a retarded plot

>where or in which episode was any part of the "prequel" explained or told in the anime or EoE?
literally never, annno explained it on interviews

alright then we are on the same page.

I love whoever proved this. I'm a free Shinji/Asuka/whoever but this new theory is just gravy.

Really? Damn. The master never fails to amaze me.

No he didn't.
It was on the ps2 game and some other eva related media.

>tha entire thread about whether Shinji did fucked Asuka
Good thread. Good thread.

>It was on the ps2 game
a game that was never localized to english
>hur durr, why don't people know about it

Most of that backstory stuff is explained in supplemental material but some of the details in that image are implied or hinted at in the show itself.

>It was on the ps2 game
Game name? I have an emulator to run ps2 games.

No translated version? Even fan-translated patch or something?

It's in the show.

>not knowing moon runes
>trusting smelly neets translating your eva knowledge
Truly a plebeian

All the shit about lilith and adam being space gods isn't.

>Good thread. Good thread.
Thanks. It was fun while it lasted.

From what I remember it wasn't exactly easy to patch PS2 games

Adam and Lilith aren't space gods, they are seeds of life.

I'm gonna seed you up

Shinji, Asuka and Misato are written 10/10, you don't get better written characters than that. That being said, for my taste they are too similar to each other and resemble an average real life person too much. The rest of the cast are garbage.

>So fresh
Yeah he did fuck them melons

>resemble an average real life person too much

What was the point of episode 7? To me it felt like filler.

Maybe that user comes from a family of scientists who all hate each-other to death.

Rahxephon had a better plot.

Yeah it's called the human race

Although to various degrees, all people deal with the consequences of shitty parenting, everyone has to live with the hedgehogs dilemma, everyone hates themselves and feel the need to prove/justify their existance, everyone has problems communicating, everyone wants to fuck one of their parents and kill the other etc. I personally prefer characters that are very rare in the real world like Light Yagami

>And also, Rei > Asuka
Throwing in one undeniable truth won't give any weight to the rest of your shitheap of a post.

>Gendo fucked both the mom and the daughter

Why is this allowed?

Just because you need to be contrarian doesn't mean you'll ever have an actually valid opinion.

Eva is actually the best anime of all time user. But you're a brainlet, so you wouldn't understand its production values. Sup Forums in general is a shit-tier board full of brainlets. That's why good anime is practically never discussed here.

He didn't you fucking fucker.
youtube.com/watch?v=YDn1QoTVt2U

I guess my case was simply more glaringly obvious than most. Maybe I really am the biggest idiot.

Everything after episode 23 & 24 sounds like bullshit.

But the image said he did.

There's subtext here, of a man staring at himself in the mirror as his firstborn is being triple gay. Maybe the shave and unbuttoned shirt mean he's ready to abandon his family and start over from scratch.

>his firstborn is being triple gay
can you really blame Shinji?

For being gullible as fuck, yeah.