The Promised Neverland 68

readms.net/r/neverland/068/4776/1

Not gonna lie, I genuinely expected an asspull to save him here

This has gotten darker than usual. I really like this demon hunter.

So they actually cook human flesh into steaks.

>My name is Lewis.

>Lewis singlehandedly saving the manga

Based as fuck, can't wait for round 2.

SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JAGER

Really nice part, thanks for the dump man.

Rip cutie.

Really love Emma's expression.

I love this page

Lewis isn't wasting any time. I'm looking forward to their battle

You 'two'?

The kid and emma.

He was chasing two of them.

I wonder if the Grace Field trick would even work on Lewis? Or would it force him to quickly get Emma before the other hunters do?

Lewis wanted Emma from the beginning, nothing would really change. The other demons are no match for her and would most likely back off the very second they understand Emma is ready and able to kill them.

I want an image of the gantz mangaka getting beat up by the writer and artist of neverland while the two scream "PUNK ASS BITCH!" at the gantz mangaka

>The other demons are no match for her
Nigga we only saw lewis and the weak guy with a lot of servants, the others look pretty pro hunter, especially the 2 black bros.

This series has the kids always acting so happy go lucky that I actually thought all 3 of these kids would survive, i'm actually kinda weirded out that i'm happy a bunch of children died

>Lewis killed the kids for real

Wew lad, I thought they would have been saved by the music

I wonder if that's just normal wine

I'm just imagining demon vineyards and wine makers

Blood + some anticoagulant, probably.

Wasn't that before the music?

Why?

Anyone notice that the older veteran kids are pradtically unharmed but most of all aren't even dirty? It makes me think that like in Grafefield and other plantation where they let the best of the best girls be Mama's, they let veterans at Goldy Pond who survive long enough be put on a safety list where they're off limits to other hunters so that they can provide proper medical care and take care of the huntable children so they don't die of natural causes like infection, depression and etc

So who are these teenagers? Have they been at this place for years and had been lucky enough to survive every single time?

How can you save something that's good?

Do you think the demons morph based on which creature they eat? Kinda like the Chimera Ants in HxH. Look at Lewis, he has these bird/insect feet and hands, while the white one with the servants has four arms. The wild ones are less intelligent because they eat only animals maybe? The hound demons look like they eat dogs to refine their sense of smell, and the two servants in the first chapter were different too, one of them had very long arms while the other was chubby. What do you think about it?

Man, of all names, Lewis is a hard one for me to take seriously. There's something about it that's funny; probably Jackie brown or torque lewith

We all have our fetishes, user.

Nah, it's just that they're better at hiding and the hunters usually go for the easy newbies.

That one kid with a headband does have a massive scar on his face.

I think that's what the story is suggesting, when Emma asked Musica why demons looked so different from each other, she noted that they have been rapidly changing ever since the Promise. Also notice how in every flashback of the promise all demons are humanoid? And all the wild demons somewhat resemble animals you'd expect to find in the wild like lizards and monkeys or bats, things you'd expect them to eat. But this doesn't explain why Musica who could literally pass ass a human child looks human yet has never tasted human meat before since she was born before the promise and won't eat farm raised meat

I meant that the music would have played before Lewis could kill them

>Purposefully trying to awaken Berserker Emma
Lewis, stop.
You don't understand what you're doing.

Yeah but the lack of any dirt on any of the veterans makes me believe they don't even need to hide since they're off limits and can stay in vulnerable areas like the main town. These guys would get targeted by Lewis if it was a case of surviving long enough and still are, even if they don't fight back like Emma you would expect Lewis to go after them since they'd put up a more challenging chase than the newbies

It's either something caused by not doing the flower thingie, or it's tied into the grand high squiggle-wiggle and its Tefari.

>Actual killing
>Actually showing the demons cooking and eating the flesh of children
We Chimera ant arc now.

Makes it sound even more american old west.

Viz translitterated in "Leuvis" or something like that

Wasn't it a flashback and he got them before the music even played? Emma was trying to save more kids when Lewis found them.

I didn't think about that, but I have to admit that Sheriff Lewis sounds better than Archduke Lewis

So is the nameless kid with Emma a boy or a girl?

Well, in general Lewis is clearly inspired by the Man in Black of Westworld .

It's a grill, or it could really go either way

They're based on the same character archetype

This arc has been fucking fantastic. I hope Lewis gets his wish and that he's killed by Emma at the end of a gruesome hunt, she's clearly being set up to take on the challenge and go off the deep end.

Why doesn't demons protect their eyes ?
I mean Lewis loves the danger but what about the others demons ? Do they all love the danger ?

I was thinking that Emma would negotiate with him and Lewis would go full terroist and help Emma escape goldy pond by helping her kill the other demons in exchange for a serious battle, he'd be pretty pissed off if Emma blue balled him and didn't fight back seriously

? They even put a mask on to protect them.

They still need to see user, and i'm sure demon masks are more of a cultural thing then a protective thing although they do still work somewhat in that aspect

Only the middle eye is a weak point and every demon covers it with a mask, unless you mean they should wear proper armor to cover it.

No! No the girl!

Not him, but imo TPN, although good, wasn't as great lately because it lacked the most important thing, a good villiain.

TPN was great and tense in the beginning because both Mama and Krone were compelling, interesting and terrifying villians, and the struggle of the protagonist against them was good.
Musica and Sung-joon arc, like the strange man arc didn't have a villiain, so it wasn't exciting and felt a bit low stakes.
Don't get me wrong, I still liked it. But Lewis addition so far, has been nothing but positive.

I think he's based more on "big game hunter" type characters.

Chandler or Ross will avenge her

I agree, but having a constant, ever-growing threat looming over the children cannot be good either. Those transition arcs are ultimately necessary, more so for Neverland where the characterization is a bit lacking.
It also helps that I like Nameless-kun, so I didn't mind the bunker arc being low stakes.

So what's the deal with the black suit demons? They look like they wear bondage clothes. And the female one wears lipstick? Demons can wear makeup? Does this means they have beauty standards like human do? Like the more eyes the hotter? Are the bondage demons a couple? The concept of marriage exists in their world? Demon Tinder exists?

Fuck, I'm probably overthinking this, but now I want answers.

Imagine demon tv shows with ordinary laugh track sitcoms

It's okay, Emma will make sure to get them killed by the end of this arc

Only eyelashes might survive

I reckon they'll escape with her, she needs experienced fighters for the future since she can't liberate the entire Gracefield plantation with only beard-kun, Ray, Gilda and Don. Imagine if she somehow coaxed Lewis with the promise of becoming more hardened as a worthy opponent to help liberate Gracefield and then battle him

>Imagine demon tv shows with ordinary laugh track sitcoms
Fuck, now I want to see the demon version of Modern Family and Family Guy.

The black kid with the scar is dying next and you know it

I wonder if they have Tifari special episodes like how regular sitcoms always have a thanksgiving or christmas episode

There was a ton of worldbuilding in those more "relaxed" arcs so I didn't mind them at all, I think the series has struck a good balance so far.

>Hey Lewis, remember that time I used chainsaw to cut a children and the pieces flew everywhere?

Mangastream quality is absolute shite. In the Viz version you can see they have some kind of high tech suit

More here

Jesus this is just bad on there part, I thought these guys were like nudist demons or something

>Shut up Lewis

Jesus fuck, I never new the quality was so awful. I mean, I'm reading them after all because they're the quickest so I'm not going to get pissy (beggars can't be chosers), but jesus, it's like a complete different series.

Pics like this make me hate the fact that my country is not able to access VIZ's site.
I'd gladly pay for their services if they'd fucking let me!
I hate Niggastreams scan quality.

>demon tv
>We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you this news.
>Last night a number of incomplete products from the Grace Field has escaped, the products are dangerous and we recommend for you to not engage with them, if you know something, call 99-HUNT.
>Now we return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Spot the difference lmao

Holy crap.

mangastream aren't even competing with anyone to get Neverland out
take the time to clean better or find decent scans to work off, for fuck's sake guys
then fix your scripts as well

I downloaded the Viz version of the first tankobon and it's even better, the raw versions don't have that quality, at least the ones on nyaa. I can't wait to see the new volumes with the better quality

While what you say is true, much of why these things work so well is the contrast the arcs provide
>moments of peace to contrast the chaos and despair
>moments of victory to contrast the defeats
>moments of moving forward to contrast being stopped in thier tracks
Lewis shines as a truly dangerous villian as he is an intelligent and reasoning demon, with desires beyond merely eating humans after we saw and learned so much about them between the farm and goldy pond

you know most of the people don't give a shit?

Will they be just as unfunny?

Fuck niggerstream

t. mangastream

Personally, I like to look at the art with the best quality available, since comics are a medium which heavily relies on visuals. If most of the people don't care, they aren't aware they're losing a good part of the experience.