Friendly reminder that this is the ultimate modern day pleb filter

Friendly reminder that this is the ultimate modern day pleb filter.
>I watched a few episodes, didn't get it
>ha, I never liked it at the time
>yeah the movie's good, the show was just mediocre
>immediately starts memeing about E8
Any of these reactions are an instant sign of bad taste. It's the Seinfeld of anime - only morons dislike it, and they're all really keen to let you know how much they do.

Dropped it like hot shit after finishing E8.
Seinfeld is ok, but nothing special.

I love Haruhi, but E8 apologists are the worst.
You just proved his point, you giant shitmuncher.

Surprisingly, a lot of people miss the point of Haruhi and just write off the character as a bitch. I assume it's ADHD or dropping it before the movie.

It's anime for anime fans. If you've not seen much, you won't get Haruhi. Same with Lucky Star.

>immediately starts memeing about E8
What does this even mean

It attracted a mass audience and memetic status it never should've had almost entirely thanks to HHY (and Haruhi's exploitability as a source of reaction images). A show that good should never have been more than a cult hit. As a result in 2017 you have plebes who never understood the themes of the show in the first place thinking they are fit to pass any kind of judgement on its quality.

>ultimate modern day pleb filter.

That's still Lucky Star episode 1.

the first time I dropped it not even halfway through ep 1
can confirm I was a pleb

The Melancholy of Jerry Seinfeld

To be fair, you'd have to watch quite a lot of titles before you can understand Haruhi...

I can't tell if this is irony or not, but it's true.

The worst thing is how many people watch it in chronological order and then they wonder what's good about it.

I think you need to have watched a few other series to realise how iconic and influential Haruhi was.

Who is the Kramer of anime?

>implying chronological order is not more normie friendly

Someday in the Rain best episode.

>all forms of negative criticism towards my favourite anime, no matter how valid, is not real, not valid, not true
You're right though, the ultimate pleb filter really is Haruhi. If you can sit through that shit, you have no right to criticize others for having shitty taste.

>doesn't even know what the term pleb filter means
>tries to call others out
not how it works user

>memes are criticism

>Haruhifags are retarded
More news at 11

Choose one (1).

None with that crappy artstyle. But Haruhi anyhow.

It's pretty comfy. A nice and quiet farewell to the series until you rewatch it again in few years.

Really?
I never bothered trying it again after episode 1 and that was ~250 series ago.
Maybe I'll go back to it again and really sink my teeth into it.

It's also fantastic foreshadowing for Disappearance.

It's main appeal is cute girl and fanservice

Your opinion is shit op. It's trash, everthing about it.

tfw when a slice of shit has 1 clever thing about it people hail it as a masterpiece

This
If you watched it chronologically, you watched it wrong.

>cute girl
Which is why 70% of screentime is guys discussing supernatural shit?
>fanservice
Yeah I sure loved all these 3 Mikuru bra shots, very lewd

To be frank I don't even believe that you watched the show

stop lying to yourself. The entire point of the show is Haruhi doing cute shit and you know it.

Replace all the girls with guys and ask yourself if you would still give a fuck

>Replace all the girls with guys and ask yourself if you would still give a fuck
You can say that about basicly every anime though.
Replace all the girls in Eva, Fate, Madoka, Monogatari, K-on, almost every Ghibli movie, Sora no Woto, Haibane Renmei, Flip Flappers, Gunbuster, Spice and Wolf, Kino, and a thousand other series, and no one would care about them.
Anime's lifeblood is cute girls, but that doesn't mean there is nothing else there.

>watched Haruhi and Lucky Star relatively early on in my anime watching career
>still really enjoyed them

This was like 5 years ago. If you don’t see the appeal I think you just don’t like anime.

>Eva
Eh, it would probably be better but less popular.

What about the really famous genderbent stuff that everyone still loves (or loved)? If the whole point of the show becomes Kyon being cute in that case, then your argument becomes stupid. At that point it seems like no matter what the show is you can point to the nearest cute girl and say people only like it because of her.

Also, I know you won't believe me even when I say I'd still love it if they were all guys. So why did you even ask?

watched all of it back in the day because it was the hot shit, but was always disappointed that nothing happened and there was no payoff to the plot or the characters in two whole seasons and I realised that it truly was 'hot shit'. haruhi is the worst kind of garbage, it's all moeblobs and nice backgrounds and a fat fucking virgin weebs thinking it's deep because they jumbled the episode order (which results in literally nothing but a few background easter eggs). they filled the cast with cliches, and then subverted those cliches by doing... nothing. characterization drags at a snail's pace, we get some background info but nothing ever changes up the status quo, we learn haruhi is lonely but also a cunt every episode.
don't you ever fucking compare haruhi to seinfeld. eva is the seinfeld of anime because there was nothing else like it at the time but now it all seems quite familiar. haruhi was familiar from the start, it just had high production values and a stick up its ass.
fat autists are always saying this show is some kind of deconstruction of different genres, but really it's a SOL with a slight science fiction flavour. not real science fiction though because that requires some intelligence from both the writer and the viewer. haruhi can't commit to anything so it chooses instead to do absolutely nothing interesting with the premise or the characters.
tl;dr: you're a fat fucking faggot and your show is absolute trash

I would care about eva, ghibli, Haibane Renmei, Gunbuster, (spice and wolf is romance so that doesn't count) and Kino.

That's cause they're not trash shows.

If you honestly think anime's lifeblood is cute girls it's incredibly sad and says a lot about not only the medium but its fans.

As a person with impeccable taste, who reads literary fiction and watches films of repute, this post is 100% correct.

Mmm, is it problematic? I see, I see.

Haruhi is a romance too, friendo. Just a subtle one

Is it subtle though?

You know a show is good when it becomes talked about over the years to such an egregious degree that its popularity eclipses itself and people start unironically hating it without being able to explain why without using buzzwords. Same thing happened with Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion. The reason why threads about these shows eventually devolve into shitposting and waifu wars is because literally everything that can be said about the shows has already been said. Therefore the fans will mostly move on and the only ones left are newfags who are more concerned with memes and shitposting rather than actually discussing something they like/don't like. Those who are aware of this feel no need to defend the thing they love because they have fully integrated into themselves and moved on, they won't feed the trolls, and so then there's not much else left in the threads other than the trolls circlejerking over the thing they don't like, but won't actually understand, nor can they articulate, the thing they hate and what they hate about it.
The more you know.

Imagine typing this and thinking you're being insightful.
Embarassing.

proved him right anyway

I like all those show, though.
Literally proved nothing.

Listen up faggots. We need to put this chrono order vs air order behind us. People will push 'their favorite way', not because they have good arguments, but because they need everyone to experience something they way they did. "My way is the real way, your way is the fake way". Air order was more popular when it first came out, but after the DVD/BR release the chrono order camp started to grow. Today it seems 50/50, and preference is rarely based on thinking, but rather feelings. Personally, I think the story structure and it's themes are best served by chrono. There are legit reasons for appreciating both. We're all familiar with the arguments, they've been discussed many times before.

t. Secondary

The Fate VN is mostly about Shirou. I would've dropped it if his character was shit like the anime watchers tend to think.

Haruhi is the same as Lucky Star, if you didn't watch it when it was at the peak of its popularity you probably won't enjoy it. Part of why Haruhi was so popular, aside from Hare Hare Yukai, is that it was one of the first early 2000 anime to actually look good.

You're right my queen, anime fans are very toxic

His point is dumb as fuck because many shows after Seinfeld did the same thing, sometimes to better effect than the original show.

Oh, no, it's clear as day by the end that Haruhi and Kyon are head over heels for each other. But my point was that the show never really dwells on that fact. The romance is a background element

Brainlets can't understand intertwining storylines. Tanigawa wrote Haruhi with great complexity and very well considering it's hard to write a good story that involve time travel. Let alone aliens, espers and gods.

I just watched Haruhi for the first time last year, and I thought it was great though? To the extent I even read the rest of the LNs, and those were even better than what was adapted.

>It's main appeal is cute girl and fanservice
that's literally the point of anime in general
everyone who doesn't think that way is delusional or just scared to admit it

>Cowboy Bebop
overrated trash
>Evangelion
absolute shit

Haruhi is shit and always has been.
Its a niche SOL show, dragged into the sun by a small clique of extremly vocal retards.
So the show ends up being hated not just because its shit, but its shit constantly plastered all over the Internet by too many 12-year-olds with access to sugary drinks and Internet. ( Substitute 12-year-olds with revolting neckbeards and former Sup Forums-tard veterans, if you so wish.)

The few episodes before Bebop's finale are some of the dullest things I've ever seen. Almost dropped the show when they were dicking around with Ed's Dad.

>tfw was able to tell Haruhi was the greatest anime ever made on the first watch
Feels good to not be a brainlet mongoloid.

Reminder misusing greentext, saying "pleb filter", and making comparisons to everything except Anime & Manga is a sure fire sign of being a crossboard normalfag.

This show was pure kino, please stop hating thanks.

Which just makes it that much better

Its MAL ranking plunges with each passing year, which is always a sign of good quality

Literally this.

still haven't given up on further LNs/s3
I never will

Yeah, only actual plebs with shit taste can get through it.
I loved the anime back when it was new, nowadays I think it's fairly mediocre.

The movie however is a masterpiece and the best anime movie ever made.

I dropped it when they told me Haruhi was basically god with reality warping powers. Like, what is that? Then all of the characters besides the MC are something weird. There goes my ability to relate with 90% of the characters in the show. Also I hate sci fi so I was kind of pissed when it suddenly made that 180 I wasn't expecting.

I choose to believe none of the sci-fi stuff is actually real. The characters are merely playing along with Haruhi in order to have fun. The series is so shit that imagining it like this was the only way I could keep myself amused.

The movies shit and the show's shit and fuck you this anime is bad.

Didn't the entire episode basically consist of their rambling over different methods for eating food?

I've been watching through the anime slowly but I often watch slice of life anime like this before bed when I'm tired, so it's always hard to follow their rambling.

If the rest of the show allows for this kind of interpretation I might try it again some time later. I liked the slice of life element to it and the animation was really good.

Movie singlehandedly elevates the series to a higher plane of existence.
Reminder to watch it during the festive days yet again.

>not understanding that Haruhi is a personification of the concept of plot progression
>not understanding that the Organization Koizumi works for are the LN publishers who want to keep the plot going by letting her do stupid shit
>not understanding that Asahina is created to be nothing else but moe
>not understanding that Nagato is a form of a pencil being able to rewrite a story
>not understanding that Kyon is a real human bean caught in a fictional work

That's a far-fetched interpretation.

While the characters are unambiguously espers and shit, what they do is mostly about Haruhi's psyche. People who watch Haruhi for scifi are usually disappointed because Haruhi isn't about scifi, but SOL.

expecting neo-Sup Forums to appreciate anything with depth was your first mistake

What are you talking about? The monogatari series is the pinnacle of it's genre, is deep and neo-Sup Forums loves it.

You dislike [series]? Well obviously you don't understand what it's about and hate anything with depth.

This is unironically true

Only the first ~8 minutes, then they move on to Kagami being ill

Haruhi is just unironically too deep for some people to understand.

The only people who think this are so stupid they can't help but use either ironically or unironically in every sentence

judging by the caliber of responses itt op is 100% correct

This but ironically.

I see. So the 2deep4u retards that spammed Evangelion everywhere a few years ago now became, a few years after, 2deep4u retards that spam Haruhi everywhere.
Haruhi is not a bad anime. But you guys overrate it as fuck.

lol

t. brainlet-kun

can someone kidnap tanigawa pls and force him to write more

Haruhi ages like fine wine, the fact that it's no longer an Sup Forums meme is a point in its favor

It can't be written, user. There are no words left.

F

E8 is unironically a masterpiece

F

Haibane Renmei is the only anime in my favourites that implemented the "cute girls" antics, the main reason for that is because the characters aren't obnoxious to the point of me muting the video every 20 seconds and even without that it would still be in my favourites for its content. And also because the warmth that type of character brings is both aesthetically and thematically relevant to the anime, so I didn't mind it at all.

If anything, the whole "cute girls" gimmick the anime has been employing for many, many years is pissing me off more than anything else.

Orusuban ebichu is the real Pleb filter

Wow the pleb filter is working.

Nisio's mere existence is proof that Tanigawa's word theory is BS.

>I hate sci-fi
And you disliked a sci-fi show? Imagine that.

>yeah the movie's good, the show was just mediocre
This one probably triggers me the most, they may be a bit different in tone but both are great.

>It's anime for anime fans. If you've not seen much, you won't get Haruhi.
I disagree, I probably quite liked it because I didn't watch much SoL before, while I can see some people not liking it much after watching much SoL