Isekai

Where is our isekai thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/manga-wo-yomeru-ore-ga-sekai-saikyou-yometachi-to-sugosu-ki-mama-na-seikatsu/
novelupdates.com/series/what-came-to-mind-during-my-third-time-in-another-world-was-to-for-now-get-naked/
novelupdates.com/series/isekai-mahou-wa-okureteru-ln/
novelupdates.com/series/shikkaku-mon-no-saikyou-kenja-sekai-saikyou-no-kenja-ga-sarani-tsuyoku-naru-tameni-tenseishimashita/
novelupdates.com/series/a-new-game-from-the-depths-of-captivity-rising-from-slavery-with-just-ones-own-abilities/
novelupdates.com/series/avoid-the-death-route/
novelupdates.com/series/he-didnt-want-to-be-the-center-of-attention-hence-after-defeating-the-demon-lord-he-became-guild-master/
novelupdates.com/series/kaifuku-jutsushi-no-yarinaoshi-sokushi-mahou-to-skill-copy-no-choetsu-heal/
novelupdates.com/series/juu-sai-no-saikyou-madoushi/
novelupdates.com/series/yuusha-party-no-kawaii-ko-ga-ita-no-de-kokuhaku-shite/
novelupdates.com/series/an-a-ranked-adventurers-slow-living/
novelupdates.com/series/i-said-make-my-abilities-average/
novelupdates.com/series/legend-of-the-continental-heroes/
merakiscans.com/goodbye-isekai-tensei/1/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tanaka is a good read, anime when?

not today truck-kun

>Spin off story about a character's childhood
>First page spoils stuff that's probably years from being adapted in the main story
>It's not even relevant to the spin off since they could have jumped straight into the past

I'd be a little salty if I hadn't read the novel

What are some enjoyable/satisfying to read Isekai?
I don't care about genre.

I probably already looked at or read the first chapter of whatever you might recommend, but I'd still like a reason why I should read it.

My taste is pretty awful so I like power fantasies

Who is truck kun's girlfriend though, where is his family anyways?

Armageddon by stuart slade.

Thanks but I forgot to mention it has to be a manga

This is the ideal cheat skill. You may not like it but this is what peak cheating looks like

Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru

Basically the MC comes from a world where they have magic that his miles ahead of the isekai that they were transferred to. In the MC's original world though, magic as a skill is hidden from the society in the surface, so none of the friends that transferred with him knows that he knows how to use magic.

>My taste is pretty awful so I like power fantasies
novelupdates.com/series/manga-wo-yomeru-ore-ga-sekai-saikyou-yometachi-to-sugosu-ki-mama-na-seikatsu/
MC bitchslaps the demon lord so hard she goes full piccolo only for her child incarnation to end up with brain damage, forget why she bothered trying to remember who the MC was, and fall for the MC
novelupdates.com/series/what-came-to-mind-during-my-third-time-in-another-world-was-to-for-now-get-naked/
MC already saved the world twice, hit level cap, seduced the demon lord, and killed god. Then she unlocks her level cap and now she's basically a Disgaea character in terms of level fighting against Dragon Quest plebs. She literally knocks a dude into space at one point.

>Thanks but I forgot to mention it has to be a manga
Shit taste

Seo will deliver!

None of his friends know that he knows how to use S tier magic. They know he knows how to use magic because they think he learned it after coming to the new world.

Also, as it turns out his S tier magic gets a massive damage penalty on enemies in this world so he's not as broken as he ought to be. He's also paranoid as balls so he gets his ass kicked from holding on to too many trump cards.

>novelupdates.com/series/manga-wo-yomeru-ore-ga-sekai-saikyou-yometachi-to-sugosu-ki-mama-na-seikatsu/
>welcomed brides that were (...) 6 years old...

Alright.

His 3rd bride is a noble lady that lets him regress her physically and emotionally for stress relief and decides she likes it and him enough to keep doing it as his fiance. Also, unlike his other brides she fantasizes about /ss/ cause it's only an emotional regression. It's also implied that the princess wants to fuck. The inexplicably immortal maid and the catdoggirl also have weird relationships with him that are somewhere in the will they or won't they camp.

Some user told me faraway paladin was good and shit he was right
read that if you have the time

>catdoggirl

What how?

if it's japan it must be some cute freak of nature.

Mixed race parents apparently causes Ranma syndrome in this universe. They switch places if they get wet and they unfortunately don't share a memory.

MC uses time travel magic so they can hang out sometimes.

>isekai
>japan

What is it that you like about isekai anyway?

>What is it that you like about isekai anyway?
>mofu mofu
>cooking
>grindan
Is there anything more comfy?

Skeleton knight is pretty great. The novel was enjoyable but the expressiveness of the manga is taking the comedy to a new plane of existence.

>New Wild Game chapter
>New Vending Machine chapter
>New Nagai Koto chapters

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all these updates and more.

>him
But the fluffy fox is female

>I removed Sylvia’s pajama, wiped her crotch clean
>Together, we slept while holding hands.

Welp, that's nice.

>But the fluffy fox is female
Is the gender actually stated? Whoops.

I think it wasn't for several volumes, but I'm 90% certain she's confirmed female by the end of the chili pepper arc

I just like power reveals. My balls tickle every time an enemy goes "haha weakling... wait wtf why's he so strong", but what really gets my rocks off is when allies or even neutral parties find out.

So nip isekai > gook >chink?

Can't find it know, but I read one recently where someone came from the other world to kill the MC so they'd reincarnate sooner.

My nigga.
Protagonists with hidden abilities, skewed powerlevels compared to the worlds average or all around overpowered bullshit really tickles my fancy even though it's considered such poor taste.

Every sad face looks like a bad hentai face I swear

This manga looks like a bad hentai in general

>I just like power reveals.
>skewed powerlevels compared to the worlds average

Same, I also like when Super OP people interact with the normal weak people and it shows how strange the world must be for them.
This may be sacrilege to even mention but my favorite part of Dragon ball is in the cell arc when Gohan goes to that little town with the dome protection shelter.

Pretty much.
Honestly the only good KR and CN Isekai I'm reading is NEET Dating Sim and I Reincarnated for Nothing.

I kind of like Honzuki no Gekokujou so far desu. I thought it was kind of cute. Has anyone read it?

I meant, japan will surely know how to make something like catdog... like they do other things.

>CN

Release that witch is pretty good.

>General opinion seems to be that the great saiyaman is one of the worst arcs
>My favorite part of dbz is when gohan is in highschool up until the tournament reveal (bonus points for goku squad power revealing on all the tourney scrubs and videl)

I like to rewatch that part every so often and just lose interest when they start flying after gohan gets shanked

I can't write my isekai without going back to my magical realm

and I'm so G-rated that it isn't even all that sexy

Jesus fuck, what the hell is that face in the top right corner

Disciple Died is one of my favorites. All of the lives feel like interesting isekai settings and stories by themselves.

apples and oranges

nip is cuter but more vapid
gook is deeper but edgier
chink has more action but is more generic

That's nothing. When the first love interest gets sad you'd think you were reading a mind break doujin.

>General opinion seems to be that the great saiyaman is one of the worst arcs

What's weird is Saiyaman is the logical conclusion of a boy who grew up with one parent who is basically a demigod and one who wants to be as normal as possible.
Gohan being a super dork is completely consistent with his character and history.

That arc is really the best.

Sasuga Seo.
He's 10 steps ahead.

>gook is deeper but edgier
Don't forget grindier. Nip use rpg elements to show that MC-kun's stats are 1000x better than normies from the start. Gook use rpg elements so MC-ssi can grind for 1000 hours to be better than most normies.

and Chink use RPG elements to show that the MC can defeat someone 5 levels higher than him but his enemy is 100 levels higher don't worry his deus ex mentor is 105 levels higher

And chink hide their rpg levels under "cultivation". Which means 500 hours of grind while eating 500 rare and expensive pills. This amounts to MC being level 100 with the power of a level 120, but the level scale goes up to 20,000 so they rinse and repeat for 2000 chapters.

Nowadays I'm only reading the chinkshit, and even then it's not exactly the best ones.

Though I'm loving Ultimate Scheming System, basically MC gets an RPG system based entirely on trolling current chapter has him disguised as Sun Wukong

>Gook use rpg elements so MC-ssi can grind for 1000 hours to be better than most normies

Even gook self insert power fantasy revolves around grinding, hilarious.

nip is grind
gook is grindier
chink is grindiest

Cultivation was a mistake. Who knew sitting in a room and eating Qi batteries was the path to becoming OP?

I never liked direct Isekai
and I stopped liking Tensei after realizing they will always give the MC some OP cheat every time

but I love the reset type fantasy series (like New Saga, TDG, Get Naked, etc). Revenge ones not so much but even then I would read it for the concept, wish there was more.

normally they give a disclaimer to say that eating too many pills can fuck with your cultivation (only Chu Feng from MGA can eat pills like Pringles)

though that's just the seires's way of saying "MC has to grind more"

>AKG headphones
fucking pleb

There are people that hate the great Saitama? What sacrilege is this?

Fuck you autocorrect.

>power fantasies
Is this anything but with OP MC?
If yes, then behold my shit taste on Isekai
>haremshit
novelupdates.com/series/isekai-mahou-wa-okureteru-ln/
novelupdates.com/series/shikkaku-mon-no-saikyou-kenja-sekai-saikyou-no-kenja-ga-sarani-tsuyoku-naru-tameni-tenseishimashita/
novelupdates.com/series/a-new-game-from-the-depths-of-captivity-rising-from-slavery-with-just-ones-own-abilities/
novelupdates.com/series/avoid-the-death-route/ (reverse-harem)
novelupdates.com/series/he-didnt-want-to-be-the-center-of-attention-hence-after-defeating-the-demon-lord-he-became-guild-master/
novelupdates.com/series/kaifuku-jutsushi-no-yarinaoshi-sokushi-mahou-to-skill-copy-no-choetsu-heal/

>non-haremshit
novelupdates.com/series/juu-sai-no-saikyou-madoushi/ (CGDCT)
novelupdates.com/series/yuusha-party-no-kawaii-ko-ga-ita-no-de-kokuhaku-shite/ (romcom)
novelupdates.com/series/an-a-ranked-adventurers-slow-living/ (SoL+romance)
novelupdates.com/series/i-said-make-my-abilities-average/ (comedy)

>most likely will be harem
novelupdates.com/series/legend-of-the-continental-heroes/ (Political and Strategic)

yeah that describes quite a few chink series

2 weeks til Ep 1.

Is this a westernesque fantasy isekai?
Girl looks oddly injun.

>With oblivion coming...
>2005

Damn time sure does fly.

>Damn time sure does fly.
It only seems like that way because you're measuring in terms of Oblivion's release. In terms of Skyrim's release it will literally never be more than a year away again.

Wait 3 of these lists aren't isekai, well whatever.

>spoiler feature inside of spoiler feature

>Where is our isekai thread?
In another world

today is your lucky day, kiddo

merakiscans.com/goodbye-isekai-tensei/1/1/

>some user recommends isekai with cool premise
>its only either WN or LN
>can't really get into unless I see a manga adaptation wherein the main characters have displayed their full range of emotions and maybe a couple of action scenes so I can visualize them when I'm reading

please tell me I am not the only one

>not posting best page.

newfag

>goblin internet defender

t. Goblin Slayer

Of course it's the best page nothing beats having a fresh goblin road kill.

Top kek
This reads like a typical isekai story.

>please tell me I am not the only one
No, user. you are not
>tfw most isekai manga never reach their WN or LN end

not the guy you replied to but he said no LN or WN

>LN
>WN
>LN
>WN
>WN
>WN

>WN
>LN
>WN
>WN

Im with on this, I cant be told what they look like through translation, I need to see

>tfw most isekai manga never reach their WN or LN end
iktfb

maybe we just have shit imagination ;_;

>maybe we just have shit imagination
No user, its that you cant translate emotion from moon rune to english well, it just gets borked in the process. manga sidesteps this problem.

My bad, I didn't read the other post.

I can perceive the character and I can imagine the scenes that happened there when reading novel in general.
But I understand your concern as I prefer the manga version when the translation is shit.

>My bad, I didn't read the other post.
thanks for the effort

GOAT Isekai.

Sometimes I'm looking for a good adventure story, and the adventure happens to have a protagonist transported into another world. Sometimes I'm looking for some sort of shoujo story in a fantasy setting and that often involves isekai. But why is it that you guys specifically focus on isekai, even having constant general threads for it, while ignoring the rest? Do you guys specifically only like stories using this plot device? If not, why not have 'adventure' threads and the like, wouldn't that be a better way to categorize series?

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see what makes "isekai" so special.

Sorry, m8, I took Rank 3 Visualization.

>I need to see
Just use the official art to recreate the scenes in your head. Most isekai get some form of art. It's the xianxia shit that never gets any god damn art.
>that feel when the WN you're reading finally gets some official art, but it directly conflicts with canon
It's rare but it's a pissoff

>No user, its that you cant translate emotion from moon rune to english well, it just gets borked in the process
Is that why literally every WN or LN uses the phrase "wry smile" every few chapters?

I have literally never fucking seen wry describe anything but bread outside of WN/LNs, but now that I've started seeing it, I can't stop seeing it.

Actually if you can't visualise correctly the MC humor, then the autor is at fault, or so i believe. To me is a good tool to measure if the writer is consistent or just an amateur writing without planing too much ahead. That is only for JP novels, to chinese or korean, there's others indicators as their nation culture influence a lot in their stories.

>Just use the official art to recreate the scenes in your head
No

>Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see what makes "isekai" so special.
It's just a genre thread like any other like horror or magical girl or cute girls doing cute things.

What if the manga version's translation is also shit, maybe not as bad as the WN or LN version but still noticeably shitty.

The thing about manga is that it has a picture on it; you can capture the world building easily (though I prefer to imagine the world myself without getting spoonfed that much like what manga usually does). So the manga is still better even though the translation is shit.

Man the MT manga has been doing really well recently hasn't it? Though instead I wish they made a spinoff manga titled something like Mushoku Tensei zero(nips love that) adapting Laplaces's spinoff story and describing the past events with how Hitogami used DG to kill all the other gods, Laplace's life together with the first dragon god their customs, culture, ruin how the present world came to be, his relationship with Eliz and how she turned into this crystal pooping slutt with no memories etc etc.
Most likely though it wouldn't really sell considering the LN version is still ongoing and manga version being far behind something like a Roxy spinoff would be far more popular.

Grouping works together as 'isekai' is like grouping together works as 'protagonist gets forced into a club' or something. It's more of a tag than a genre.