HxH and Berserk are kings of long hiatuse-

>HxH and Berserk are kings of long hiatuse-

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1602046
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's because people actually care about HxH and Berserk, that's why they're talked about for their hiatuses and D. Gray Man isn't.

D. Grayman’s author had a severe illness that made her unable to continue her work, which lead to D. Grayman moving from WSJ to some Jump’s monthly magazine

This is still ongoing? I thought it ended ages ago.

People only began to care less because D. Grayman’s hiatus stretched way too long that it made lots of people lose interests.

The same will happen to World Trigger.

It is, but the quality dropped tremendously

I just thought it had ended or something

It hurts. I loved D gray man before it went eternal hiatus and I've only found out about World Trigger recently which I also enjoyed very much. Knowing they'll likely both never finish and can be removed because the authors can die any day now is worrying

WORLD TRIGGER IS THE NEW KING! OVER ! YEAR WITH NOTHING!
YES!

Technically, Bastard!! still beats it. I think the last chapter before hiatus was in 2012 or so.

D Gray Man was huge back in the day, long before people like you got into anime. The author was deathly sick for years and could not continue the manga. Once she returned people had already moved on and the manga trends had changed.

yes quite the piss weak attempt at turning it into a quarterly I think

Wasn't she accused of plagiarism as well, and forced to suspend serialization until the situation resolved?

No, that was someone else. She was only sick.
Plagiarism accusations came later, when she tried to reboot the series.

>deathly sick for years
Hadn't she just broke her wrist a couple of years ago?

At least Berserk and HxH broke 300th chapter mark. I don't see DGM ever reaching it.

No, it was just a non-descript "serious illness" that she assured us she'd recover from. It's speculated to have been cancer. For some reason japs never publicize what is wrong with them when they're seriously ill, it's always some mysterious unnamed illness. And there's this huge stigma against cancer. Zero no Tsukaima's author had fucking pancreatic cancer and we only learned of it a year before he died.

Meanwhile, Araki is king of work ethic who'll never get tired.

I wish I could care for his work to have something to read basically every week.

anyone have the hiatus chart of Morikawa jyoji?

Surely Bastard!! has the longest hiatus out of anything ever.

Bastard!! is the king.

Vagabond my dudes

D-Gray-Man, while popular, was garbage in term of fight writing. Characters design, art and powers were good though

Jojolion is 71 chapters so far?
Shit how close is it to the climax?

Damn I remember when I was head over heels into this shit during 06-08 but christ talk about falling off.

He also wrote this in his spare time. What a fucking beast

is there a place to find those kinds of charts for other manga?

No, it started dying long before the hiatus started. It was all in the reboot. It's hard to try and pull off a stunt like "all those bad guys we killed are now alive again. So are all the friends that bravely sacrificed themselves." That was the beginning of the end and it only kept getting worse.

I think X by CLAMP is on hiatus since 2001 so it surely beats Bastard!!

>Araki paying homage to Aleister Crowley
That's pretty... bizarre I must say.

I got this JoJo one today looking for OP hiatus chart.
myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1602046
They made also other ones, like World Trigger, Nanatsu no Taizai, Made in Abyss, Sailor Moon and some others.

You do realize the manga is still a best selling right?

I came here to post Bastard! but someone already did and I am glad