Is he a bad father Sup Forums?

Is he a bad father Sup Forums?

Can he even be considered a father figure? I'm sure Krillin spent more time with Gohan than him.

Piccolo who kidnapped him and forced him to train is more of a father figure than freaking Goku to Gohan.

Well he’s certainly not a good one.

>let his 6 year old boy beign "trained" by a violent coloured man who abuse him
Good parenting.

he may be gohans father, but piccolo is his daddy

dumb dad like homer simpson .

He was a fantastic father. Only bitter gohanfaggots who self inserted as him will tell you otherwise

Yes.

He was a terrible father. Only bitter gokufaggots who self inserted as him will tell you otherwise

No, it's a reddit/jewtube meme pushed by fags that watch fandubs

He healed Cell.

He's a bad father, a bad husband, and the brain damage he got from falling on his head as an infant clearly got worse in adulthood.

That's not really fair. Piccolo is more of a father figure than most fathers in anime.

Japan doesn't know what a father actually is, since their dads are all too busy being salarymen and never coming home.

Fucking retarded company-slave mentality.

yes

Shitper retconned him into a complete manchild that is a failure as a husband and father, sure. Mostly for the sake of lame gags to boot.
>never kissed his wife
>didnt even know why Vegeta was upset about him not kissing his wife
>doesn't know where babies come from,
>doesn't give a fuck about being around for his children's birth and urges Vegeta to do the same
>doesn't know about his son's birthdays and doesn't give a fuck about his own ignorance of them
>gets called out on the last two points by Vegeta of all people, the latter having been a pretty bad father figure since Buu saga
Chichi deserves better.

Blame the lopsided age discrepancy and the rise of NEETs in the population. The father has no choice but to keep on working if they don't want to starve.

>deserves better
You mean someone like Piccolo?

The only problem with Piccolo is that he doesn't have a penis

But then I'm sure he'd at least kidd his wife every once an awhile...

Isn't that what the dragonballs are for?

It's almost like he's a feral mountain child or something

Using the DBs for pretty much anything other than wishing back the dead is only done by villains in this franchise. I suppose there are exceptions like that one super episode right after FT arc, and kibitoshin defusing.

He was actually smarter as a child than as an adult, where he actually murdered villains that killed his friends and threatened the world.
His only issues came from an understandable ignorance from his young age and lack of experience.

Tambourine, Drum and King Piccolo? Straight up murked the lot of them.

Commander Black, just a guy in a power armour? Killed him too.

you clearly haven't read Made in Abyss

Made in Abyss is shit.

And petered out because the writer is a hack.

>Made in Abyss is shit.
no
>petered out because the writer is a hack
yes
I think it will end up the same as Berserk, now that the author isn't wallowing in depression he either doesn't know how to end it or doesn't want to keep writing such a depressing series.

Dragonballs are fucking useless for wishes that aren't resurrecting people
>ask to blow up two space balls
>I can't xD
>ask to change a robot into a human
>I can't xD

The fucking devil was a better father than him. Let that sink in for a moment.

No, he let Chichi make the calls on Gohan's early years. That made him too much of a wimp to make a comeback from.

He dindu nuffin

He don't give a fuck about teaching Gohan, so yeah

The dragon totally could have blew up Vegeta and Nappa's space pods stranding the pair to die in space, they just didn't ask it that because it would have solved the threat then and there instead of "hurr training".
So plot contrivance

The only thing it couldn't do is kill them directly because their POWER LEVEL was too high.

Like during the Buu saga if they just all jumped in and gangbanged Dabura and Babidi to death before they entered the ship threat fucking over.
But no because that would have ended the plot, so we get Supreme-uke-Kai being an idiot and the saiyans being all "MUH WARRIOR PRIDE".

Toriyama is a hack, younger Chichi seemed like a pretty cool chick, but post-timeskip as a mother she just becomes the most stereotypical shrewish housewife because he doesn't know shit about writing women.

I mean he doesn't know shit about writing men either because he's not a great character writer to begin with.
Who is Launch? Yamcha is the werewolf right?

Being slavishly loyal to the company has been a thing for generations though, its culturally ingrained.

Goku was shit since Z though, Super is just even worse overall.

Watching Goku getting handed powerup after powerup while more interesting characters just eat shit is the most boring thing ever.

Think the worst part was in the game interview where Toriyama came up with the S Cells nonsense he was asked how a human could become as strong as a saiyan and his response was "wish on the dragonballs? lol".

Goddamn saiyanwank is as bad as Uchihawank, they've got almost as many racial transformations as the ninja faggots have bloodline eye powers.

Yeah. He cares for his family but he's not really a family man. A good friend, not a good father or husband.

>Watching Goku getting handed powerup after powerup while more interesting characters just eat shit is the most boring thing ever.
The actual problem is that it has happened too many times by now.
The perfect ending for Goku's story in DB would have been just before the saiayn saga, after defeating Piccolo for the second time and finally winning the tankaichi tournament.
Over time he became less and less of a character and the same things happening over and over again make each one of them seem less important due to diminishing returns.

Yes

No, just a bad husband and a much worse lover.

Z Goku = Top tier dad that's never around because he died protecting everyone. Not a genius but not a fucking retard.

Super Goky = A luffy clone who isn't even that good at the one thing he's supposed to be a genius at, fighting. WHY IN THE SHIT COULDN'T THIS STUPID FAGGOT NOTICE IT WAS BEERUS IN A MONAKA SUIT

Such a flanderization of my childhood hero fucking gets me steamed. HOW DO YOU FORGET TO BRING SO MANY IMPORTANT ITEMS IN THE SAME ARC FUCK YOU TOEI

The real mystery is how Goku ever produced children in the first place.

Was it in-vitro fertilization?

Yes

It was rape.

>Think the worst part was in the game interview where Toriyama came up with the S Cells nonsense he was asked how a human could become as strong as a saiyan and his response was "wish on the dragonballs? lol".
no, the question was from kids asking how they themselves could be as strong as a saiyan, which of course he said dragon balls since they don't exist

Chichi had to give him a massive feast then while he was distracted starts jerking him off into a cup.

this will never not be funny, toriyama is hilarious

You have a shitty taste in heroes, at least Superman cares more about helping people than having someone to fight.

damn, goku really wanted to be a NEET

>This is the reason Goku let himself get blown up by Cell's self-destruct when he had more than enough time to grab King Kai and teleport back
>The gawddamn deadbeat didn't want to get a muthafuckin job

i don´t know what´s the point of toyo taro with these scenes. Not even toei does this shit. Does he wants to humiliate goku or what?

So Roshi wasn't even willing to TRY helping out against the Saiyans, cyborg freiza showing up with his troops or Cell.
But as soon as Super rolls around he's done jacking off and decides its time to make Tien look like a chump, even though all that three-eyed fuck does is train like Vegeta (and farm, and not fuck launch ever)

it's toriyama my man

Honestly Goku is clearly a genius.

Its like a vacation basically.

>But as soon as Super rolls around he's done jacking off and decides its time to make Tien look like a chump
Super relies a lot on fanservice.

Yes

Yes

To me the singular biggest case for him being a terrible father that rarely gets brought up is that while he was dead after the Cell saga, he had the ability to contact his family at any time from the afterlife, BUT HE DIDN'T. He only made contact when he heard that there was a tournament, and decided to blow his one-time chance at being in the world of the living again for 24h on said tournament.

>Le goku is selfish antihero meme xD

One interview and you brainlets go crazy. Why would you even take the word of guy who cant even remember who his own characters are? Even if Goku loved the thrill of combat in DBZ he always cared about innocent people's lives, and would never directly endanger them. When he let cell heal with a senzu bean, it was because he wanted gohan to reach his full potential to protect the earth. I'm not saying goku is a do gooder paladin but there's something in between luffy/goku in super and superman my dude. Whatever. Enjoy your cashgrab series

He literally was letting Freiza go free just because he was bored of fighting him after gaining the upper hand, as if that would stop his genocidal cosmic space empire.

He also pushed Krillin to let Vegeta escape so he could fight him again one day.

>People ITT think that Super is at fault at making Goku a bad father when he gave a bean to Cekk and refused revival to train away from his family, for years

DIRECTLY endanger innocent people. He obviously wasn't expecting them to instantly go back and destroy things. Especially not with vegeta beaten and bruised, and frieza cut literally in half.

Or I could just blame it on bad writing considering kid/teen goku massacred whoever was an asshole whether they gave him a good fight or not. Really makes you think.

She just rode him while he was sound asleep.

Fukkin chinese slut

How bad at sex is Goku?

At least he has the excuse of being literally brain-damaged for why he lacks a sex drive.

Got got hit in the head when he was child. Please be patient with him.

Goku is probably remarkably bad at sex, worse than an insecure teenager boy.
I bet it's a very weird experience to him and he gets confused by the simplest aspects of sex, like why does Chichi have that weird look in her face when he thrusts inside her.

Why did they make Goku progressively more retarded?

I remember saving this gif from a DBS thread because it made me diamonds

Because Toriyama is getting more retarded

Punches to the head make bad for brain cell

How does Chi-chi have sex with him without feeling like a pedo? The guy is pretty much a child in a grown-up's body.

Except for that one series where his body gets changed back into a child too.

Chichi is a dumb hick. She doesn't know any better.

Writers want to make Goku look bad so that the other characters can look better by comparison

This. People forget that Chi Chi is almost a feral mountain child herself.

By Japanese standards? Gohan isn’t pregnant yet.

JUST LIKE IPPO!

When are they going to gather the 7 dragon belts to wish away Ippo's punchdrunkness?

Reminder Goku fucked some alien prostitutes and that's how he died of space aids. How long until his bastard child shows up?

She lived in a castle and was super rich before Roshi blew it all up.

And what about her dad? He seems like a pretty regular civilized giant man in Z with the pink shirt, the only unusual part of his outfit is the little helmet he wears.

I can't really blame Goku considering how dangerous the DB universe is. He basically struggled to carry the team in the Saiyan and Namek arcs and when he died of heart disease Androids went on to fuck up the world. So the options are either a.) spend time training to just barely defeat the villain or b.) train a successor.

Was it part of his training to learn the instant transmission?

Being rich and living in a castle doesn't make her any less stupid.

Why didn't Bulma just tech up and build even stronger androids?

I've always wanted to know more about them and their culture. It'd be interesting if we got a small Yardrat arc after the Tournament of Power. Shame there's no Yrdarat to represent them in the main cast. I also really like their armour.

c.) fight smart against threats using cunning non-combat tactics instead of just training to ram your face against the new villains face in 1-on-1 fights

How did the world even survive before Goku?

Yes it was.

>Toriyama
>Properly developing his setting

I know it'll never happen. Do we ever know about the state of the rest of the galaxy after Goku defeated Freeza or is everything just now autonomous governments?

We now know the entire universe has less than 30 inhabited planets according to Super...

>Toriyama in charge of fleshing out his universe

Earth probably wasn't on anyone's radar.

What if Freeza was actually keeping some semblance of order and Goku and co fucked things up for the other planets, how long until another copy cat shows up and tries to impose and iron fist on the universe?

>raises his son with his wife peacefully
>son gets kidnapped by aliens
>sacrifices himself to save his son
>literally goes through hell and back to get stronger and take out the source of the threats
>constantly saving the world and universe, smart enough to delegate his son's teachings to more capable people
>sacrifices himself AGAIN for his son during the cell arc
>comes back in spirit form to guide him, help him beat cell
>gohan turns out to be an excellent scholar with a good wife and child
>some faggot on RRArmyChan talks shit about goku's parenting

No in fact I'd say Goku is actually a good father
People's perception of what a good father is nowadays is just skewed
Being a doting parent is bad
Goku gave Gohan everything he needed to succeed and then let him go off on his own
And in the end it worked

I agree

I just wish Super and the fanbase would focus on his good points.

He has no good points, he's a retarded fight junkie who cares less about people than getting off.

He doesn't even fight in a way that is interesting, characters like Piccolo and Tien have came up with more moves that are more than just "change hair colour and spam a bigger energy blast"

goku might be retarded but its not fair judge since he was dirt poor and never had a father figure. Its a actually more a miracle that his son turned out so well given the shit he lived through even if hes a complete failure as a fighter

He was a good father until Cell arc

-Z he dies saving his kid
-Comes back to life to save the Earth and his son
-Goes to Namek to save Gohan and his friends

Cell saga is bad parenting
-I know I'll heal the world ending Cell so my son can fight him

Buu arc
-Oh yeah I guess I'll come back for a fight
-Gives 0 shit about his new son or Gohans life
-Just comes back for a tournament

Then in Super Goku just goes to the extreme epitome of bad parenting