Just finished watching Evangelion

>Just finished watching Evangelion
>Realize this is where the medium peaked
>tfw no matter how much anime I watch nothing will ever surpass it
How do I live with post-Evangelion depression?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1Bix44C1EzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>just finished Evangelion

how?

Nothing will ever top eva, but that doesn't mean there aren't any other anime worth watching

>How do I live with post-Evangelion depression?

You watch the Rebuilds and join everyone else in waiting for the finale.

Adolescence of Utena

>join everyone else in waiting
Guess how I know you didn't get it.

While Utena is great it's overt fantastical elements make it hard to emotionally connect with the characters.

Then hopefully mass suicide when the finale ends.
Eva faggots are insufferable. especially those that somehow praise anything beyond the first series.

Why is New Years' the perfect time to watch Evangelion? It's really the only time of year I can watch it since it just has that cozy starting over theme.

Are Evafags the Rick and Morty fags of Sup Forums ?

I got this problem with everything Ikuhara.

Unlike the mere concept of sincronicity-based apocalypsis through waves of angels, complete teenage fantasy simulacrum with dodgy christian imagery and all of that? It's more about the concious distance the show stablishes with the characters than the concepts themselves.

Adolescence of Utena and EoE are both very similarly abstract works.

The "high iq" meme is actually true for Evangelion

Worse, because they actually sincerely believe it.

More like high crime coeficient. You don't need to be intelligent to understand eva (tips), you just need to be insane.

Get a grip

>mediocrity is the peak of the medium

I feel ya bro

I think the most helpful trait to enjoying EVA is being either an effeminate teenage boy or a woman.

Watch K-On, which was the anime to surpass Evangelion.

Brainlets detected

You go watch legend of the galactic heroes.

In this order

The image is outdated, it is licensed now, and is pretty easy to find.

Said the crazy bitch.

/thread

Terra Formars is better.

Evangelion is still my favourite series to this day. Evangelion made me realise my depression and loneliness. Now I have a cute quiet submissive girlfriend similar the Rei. (rei best girl). After I watched all of Evangelion, the anime, end of Evangelion and the rebuilds. I promised myself I would find a partner before the final movie.
That's all you gotta do man. Good women don't look for men, they expect you do it first. Well, if you suffering from the loneliness that is.

Quick question, how did you guys find out about Evangelion?
A friend? Or what.
For me, it was this stupid fucking meme of an ending: youtu.be/1Bix44C1EzY that I found in late 2014. I really liked the music that played in this so I searched for it and found the intro the NGE.

I watched it on TV when it aired in my country, but I was too young to understand it past the robots fights.

Your post is faker than Archer.

where do I get an extra bitchy, nymphomanic cunt?

You watch K-ON! and wonder how you ever had such shit taste.

Watch K-On!

Now watch a show that isn't a ripoff

>implying Evas have a fixed height

Play Xenogears or Xenoblade, FF6,FF7
watch texhnolyze, haibane renmei, Serial Experiments Lain.
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Bokurano...

dont watch bokurano, read it

I just recently binge-watched the original Evangelion series and then started the rebuilds, and I'm wondering what the fuck happened in the third rebuild movie? I just started it and was immediately put off by the total disregard for characterization and the seemingly incomprehensible shift in story from the original. I couldn't get passed the first 10 minutes because it was just so fucking retarded. The original series and EoE are far superior to the piece of shit rebuilds. The only reason I enjoyed rebuilds 1 and 2 was because it actually kept to the original story for the most part.

don't remember that scene? Which episode is it?

This. You'll be surprised by just how much more well written and human the characters in what is dismissed by philistines as a "dumb show about cute girls in which nothing happens" are, compared to a show where the only depth is the madness to which the fanbase descends in its sophistic ramblings of how it actually has merit.

Because EoE takes place on New Year's Day. Other people re-watch Toradora in December (because they are faggots), I re-watch Eva (because I have autism) and line up the end of EoE with the new year.

I first watched NGE when I was 15 and I thought it was very mediocre. I recently tried to rewatch it and it was much worse than I remembered it to be.

Considering Eva has received critical acclaim for over 20 years, and was regarded as ground-breaking and revolutionary before those ideas lost all meaning; no, Eva is not the Rick and Morty of anime. I don't know how you could think that, you're some kind of hyper-contrarian, counter-counter-culture sychophant, like most anti-Evafags.

Yes, we can ignore the decades of global critical acclaim in place of the opinions of otakus on the internet to help us determine which one actually has some kind of merit. Let's just do that.

Being anti-Eva or thinking it's actually bad is like being that teenager who legitimately believes Shakespeare is overrated, or that Hendrix isn't the greatest guitarist ever or that The Beatles were actually bad. We get it: you want to feel special, too, and you are struggling with the realization that you'll never be globally famous long past your prime or even your life-time.

But you need to grow up past that, and learn how to like things without attaching them to your ego or using them to validate yourself.

Now that last sentence is really specific. Is it still about Eva or about something or someone else?

I'll never know. I dropped it after three episodes.

Don't worry user. I felt the same way about Happiness Charge Precure, but then much to my surprise, Mahotsukai Precure aired not twenty years later. So, you might have to wait, but it'll come.

Sure is tsun in here.

>global critical acclaim

Aren't anime "critics" also just otakus on the internet?

The whole point of Rei is that such females are undesirable, dumb cunt.

fuck off

Tell that to Japan

Fuck this hack

Huggto Precure will be the true Evangelion of Precure, mark my words.

Then why do I want to fuck her?

Fuck, I thought Anno incented knives. Have I been lied to all this time?

Cause you want to fuck your mom as implied in the series.

I definitely would if she looked like Rei.

And people shooting other people! With handguns!

Wow a gun and a knife, Eva has so many valid criticisms, especially with the fans but it always devolves into either Shinji is whiny or that Eva is an rip off.

>How do I live with post-Evangelion depression?
By watching more than 5 anime.

Nice reading comprehension my friend, also
>Eva has received critical acclaim for over 20 years
Nice meme my friend

Reminder that Evafags=RnMfags

>I completly missed the point of the series: the comic

>Shinji is super to be a faggot I swear!!!

I don't like Eva and I like this comic even less. You should feel ashamed.

Put more effort into it, your bait is almost insultingly lame. Say you'd spit in my mouth or something.

>You should feel ashamed.
No I really don't

>I-IT'S BAIT HAHA XD DO I FIT GUYS?

>Gee why isn't Shinji fucking hot bitches and piloting the badass robots xD what a fag
Watch the anime again but pay attention this time

You should

Slightly better.

>One can be only a faggot or a Mary Sue I swear
Nein

>Defending a pussy-ass bitch

Sometimes eva haters can be as bad as evatards

Read Re-take.

>waaaah why isn't shinji like my other badass mecha protagonists! I want to see Koji Kabuto for the 100th time again! >:(

I know it's you Evafag

>a man can be either a faggot or a full time badass
Watch more anime

>He's supposed to be a faggot so other faggots like myself can relate to him

Asuka isn't even introduced by that point , Rei is a nobody co-worker and Misato is a bomb waiting to explode but with daddy issues.

It's like saying people would like to go to work/school/college because there are slightly attractive people.

>everything has to be about I, the consumer memememememe

>implying

>if you don't hate Shinji then it means that you are like him
Like Eva? Shinji isn't a complete faggot nor a total badass.
But I know that you're gonna grenteext "Shinji isn't a complete faggot" and post an smug anime girl along with it because it doesn't matter what I say, you'll keep on hating Shinji.

>He's a faggot so he must be unique so that's a good thing no matter how much of a pussy he is so my faggot ass can relate to him

>If you don't like shinji then that means you are wrong

Char is Shinji but with mommy issues instead of daddy issues

Jesus Christ you're an absolute idiot. Here you are, acknowledging that post as something that's shit and only there to get the attention and a reaction out of people, and yet instead of just ignoring it, you're giving the poster precisely what he wants, perpetuating the further posting of this garbage. You're like some kind of fucking retard who hears about this mystical gloryhole that tricks people into sticking their dick into it, only to have it cut off by a guy with garden shears. So you go up to this gloryhole and you announce loudly with pride "haha, clearly this is a ruse. What sort of fucking idiot would ever fall for this? Clearly there's a guy on the other side who would just cut your dick off if you stuck it in there. I am very clever to see through this ruse.", only to stick your dick in anyway. Because you're not actually clever. You actually are retarded enough to think you'll get your dick sucked, and your boastful announcement is only a defense mechanism in case your little stub does get snipped and everyone starts ridiculing you for being such a goddamn mouthbreather. You can just turn around clasping your crotch with tears in your eyes while stuttering out a pathetic "I told you so". Because you are the kind of pathetic newfag to fall for the shittiest trolls but you want to look cool and composed anyway so you spew a shitty canned defense phrase. Too bad everyone can see through it, you frail minded pathetic little shit.

>Shinji isn't a complete faggot
I don't have smug girls

It means that you didn't even try to understand why he acts like a faggot.

>implying

I don't believe Evafags were ever so annoying or cringeworthy in IRL. Have they ever done anything close to McDonaldsgate?

*Buuuuurrrrrrp*

>If you understand why a faggot is being a faggot then you will like him

Their cosplay is "cringy" as you say, tho.

Its called empathy

>empathy
>For a faggot

>Not comparing them to Synderfags with the obvious religious symbols and deep memes