Reminder that your favorite show would not exist without Evangelion

Reminder that your favorite show would not exist without Evangelion.

People have said the same exact thing about Dragon Ball, Akira, and probably countless others.

I'm of the opinion that anime just exists, and bringing up the history of it and why certain shows spawned others is just mindlessly wanking about the past/putting shit on a pedestal for no reason. I guarantee all the "revolutionary" anime would have been made at some point, and that they aren't as original to the creators as you might think.

But my favorite show is over 10 years older. What now?

Why am i so turned on by Rei? I don't get it, maybe it's her non existent emotions?

Reminder that your favourite anime would not exist without Disney
Reminder that your favourite show would not exist without caveman scribbles on walls
Reminder that your favourite anime would not exist without thousands of years of fish having sex in the ocean

Oh wait none of those have anything to do with Evangelion? Gee, silly me.

My favorite show is Gunbuster

So what exactly did Evangelion help create outside of autistic MC and stereotypical character archetypes we see now?

>Neon Genesis Evangelion wouldn't exist without itself
No surprise there. If Anno had not wanted to make Eva, nobody would have made it. People could have made similar stuff, but they wouldn't quite be it. The reason why Shinji acts the way he does, or why Asuka is Asuka is because they were meant to be that way by Anno, the writers, as well as the rest of the creative staff of this anime TV series.

But my favourite show is from the 70’s.

>Evangelion would not exist without Evangelion
Well, I guess you're right.

Rei a shit, Asuka a best.

true

But thats wrong you retard.

>autistic MC
>he hasn't watched Gundam 0079

But that's wrong. If my favourite anime didn't exist then Evangelion nor Gunbuster wouldn't have existed.

That's correct, thank you for the reminder kind user.

Is your favorite show actually Ideon or did you just want to make that post? Explain yourself.

Bit of both.

>K-On wouldn't exist without Evangelion
Explain

>golden age Simpsons
If you say so

pretentious trash that has aged horribly, Evangelion is.

Thats right because my favorite show is Evangelion.

>underage 3D-posting crossboarder who has not watched Evangelion (or any anime besides shonen) adds his very important opinion to the thread

This. Evafags are pathetic, but nothing is more pathetic than crossboarding Reddit scum.

>Star Wars

Reminder than little action can lead to big consequences and so your favorite anime wouldn't exist if the anime you hated the most didn't existed

The anime I hate the most is the sequel to my favorite anime.

What if Eva is my favorite show.

>eva wouldn't exist without eva

Thanks for opening my eyes OP.

why do people like that dumpster fire of an anime? it acts deep but it really isn't and why do people like asuka when all she does is treat people like shit?

Reminder your favorite should would not exist without pic related.

>ywn date an expressionless clone designed after your mother
why even live