Will digital animation ever be able to look as beautiful as cel animation?

Will digital animation ever be able to look as beautiful as cel animation?

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/ljjgi0.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=hahuZ277QEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

welcome to the new world order

>digital animation
Also left looks like a fucking trannie.

But the left doesn't consistently look like that. It's Dezaki where he always just still-frames a well drawn shot.

>a fucking trannie.
My wife Nanako is the most beautiful girl in all of anime, so I'm sure you must have some sort of mental disability.

>right picture
>haze, gradient overlays, desaturation, lack of contrast, pastels
It keeps happening!

The left animu doesn't even look like that normally and it's a still.

Right is more impressive because it actually moves at that quality.

Oh, come on. Even though i prefer old titles more Keany did great job and their titles look decent. You could choose more appropriate examples for the right.

Why do we keep inventing so many different ways to draw eyes?

they can always add more lines if they want to and someone pays for it

Kumiko is beautiful, so yes?

Dubs of truth.

Let me guess Left was a zoom in on still not actually animated.

Digital inking and coloring you fag

>grandma's tech vs. yesteryear's tech
get with the times, we CG now

This looks like animation for a pachinko machine

then pachinko machines have better animation than wug or pripara

Left's eyelashes remind me of those gifs where you get clumps of harvestmen scuttling away when touched

Yeah, ain't it sad?

>wug
>animation
They completely ruined Yamakan's magnum opus.

CG has existed for decades, that doesn't make it anime.

>beautiful
Nanako isn't Oscar.

Oscar is handsome

>Keany
What the fuck.

both are good

Your point? Not everything made on cels is anime either.

Pretty sure 2199s character designs look better than almost everything from the 80s/90s. The only really impressive designs that are overly detailed and have probably not found an equal yet are from vampire hunter d bloodlust.

>2199
>superior
I liked the original best. Looks more like Leiji's art.

At least post something that's actually animated.

Doesnt really matter what you like or what youre shitty opinion is.

I see nothing wrong with the one on the right, it's just modern anime. Get with the times grandpa.

Definitely not a shitty opinion to want the art to look like the source material. But OK user.

Pretty shit opinion to be stuck in the 70s, being in favor of low detailed, deformed character designs. In fact, thinking that USY has any redeemable aspects outside of being the source material for the modern reinterpretation is pretty damn laughable. I didnt get this mentality when I had watched 250 shows, and I dont get it after 1k+.

This can't be real.

Wow, this post really exudes an exceptional amount of pretentiousness, and I don't use that word often.

How?

You already posted the most beautiful anime girl, so yes she does look better than the tranny on the left.

Maybe it's just your obsession with trannies that makes you think that.

The thread is about surpassing past standards. USY had good animation for its time, but its art direction was mediocre even for its time. Works like rov, remi, takarajima and plenty others completely outshine it. Levis only visually impressive work work was arcadia, and the only thing impressive about it were the backgrounds and vessels designs. This isnt about what you, its about what surpassed past works. And USYs designs were surpassed by the time it came out, whether you like it or not.

I CAN'T fap to this.

I love looking at Kumiko's fluff

I think they somewhat improved it for the BDs, but even then they were still subpar

How about some legs and hip shaking then?
files.catbox.moe/ljjgi0.webm

It's good when the now is Kumiko.

You should have used Kaoru instead of Nanako for the second picture

Can you crop this so it's just the ted rocking the fuck out?

Both left and right look good. Different styles suit different shows, autist.

>styles
I'm talking about cel animation vs. digital animation though. Style is irrelevant.

That's not cell animation, that's a fucking painting

Kumiko is fluffier therefore better.

cel animation is literally painting, though.

C'mon nigga there's a difference between coloring in the lines on a transparent cell and drawing an actual detailed painting used for a dramatic still.
Highly detailed dramatic stills are still used and have nothing to do with cell vs digital.

Then why did you post an illustration for OP, you baiting faggot?
If they wanted to reproduce the visuals of traditional cels they would, but they don`t because shock and fucking holy dickshit I don`t know how to wrap my head around this: it`s not popular.
youtube.com/watch?v=hahuZ277QEs

The picture on the left is drawn by a retard with zero grasp on anatomy or perspective. Right is objectively better just from that.

there is literally nothing wrong with fluffers artstyle you faggot

>Style is irrelevant.
Fuck off my dude, the only thing you see is style and you don't even know it.

I wish there were more girls like her.

Are you sure you're not just visually struggling with the presence of an actual nose bridge?

That drawing on the left is wrong on so many levels holy shit, whoever painted it literally can't draw.

The nose is in fucking profile even though the face is nearly head-on. And I'm pretty sure that woman has microcephaly considering her forehead just... ends abruptly at half the height it should.

>nostalgiafags eternally btfo by kumiko
Best timeline, lads.

Your wife Nanako a lesbo slut.

It's not in profile. It's viewed from about the same angle as the right-side image, flipped horizontally. Just they didn't draw the other nostril, instead of not drawing the entire nose.

Literally what? Are you blind?

Are you retarded? She's looking 20 degrees away from the camera at most, her nose is the only thing pointing left for some reason. And even disregarding that fuckup, nose bridges don't go above the fucking eyebrows like in that drawing.

It's an absolutely terrible drawing in every way, you are just a clueless idiot being fooled by the watercolors.

It's clear to tell you aren't well versed in classic shoujo art. It's ok though user, classic shoujo is essentially dead.

>both are lesbians
pottery

>Kumiko
>lesbian
/u/ pls go

>/u/ are still trying to meme Euphonium into being a yuri series

Some things never change.
Like his stupidity.

not him but
>what is hair

It's already a hundred times better.

for who

Don't try to comment if you don't know the first thing about art, anatomy or anything else of relevance.

Honestly, the more I look at this image the worse it becomes.

To be honest, I still see nothing wrong with it.

>Incompetence at drawing is "classic" because it exemplified a genre

I guess shitty gaming webcomics from the early 00s have commendable art too because it's "classic webcomic art".

That's why I'm telling you not to comment and defend bad art when you don't have a clue.

OK I get it, please go back to sucking Loomis cock on /ic/ already, no one cares about 100% accurate human anatomy in ANIME.

I sure miss badly drawn crap from the 80s.

And here we get down to the root of the cancer. Sup Forums. It's always crossboard Sup Forumsermin making these shitposts.

Art is subjective, my dude.

Go back to /ic/, you red-lining retard.

>I...it's not supposed to be good anyway! Baka!

Really reaching for the bottom of the argument barrel now.

Who're you quoting?

Why did you quote me? I'm not arguing I just said
>Hurr this opinion is Sup Forums wrongthink

Top right is the world's tiniest nose. Try to imagine that she actually has a nose and it's pointing mostly toward you but not quite. I bet you could draw the same "profile" for the KyoAni shot too.

The browline goes to the left in the same way that the shaded area goes to the right. It doesn't just go above the eyebrow because you want it to.

Only the topmost image is poorly drawn.

>We're proud of being philistines here, YOU are the retard for not also being a philistine!

Keep it up, I'm having a giggle

I still have no idea who you're quoting?

This is getting embarrassing.

Fuck off vaticanposter

>bunch of retarded nostalgiaturds getting btfo
i love these threads

stop samefagging you freak

Fuck moeshit

Best luck next time Sup Forumsermin.

Top right is a completely normal nose on a Japanese girl.

You are not understanding the eye/brow placement problem. The space between eye and eyebrow on the left is much smaller than on the right, and if you look at my red lines, the nose is either much closer to the left eye than the right, or her nose bridge extends 5 centimeters outside her face.

Are you me?