Why do the nips always shove their culture into their cartoons? i know this sounds stupid...

why do the nips always shove their culture into their cartoons? i know this sounds stupid, but its not like every american cartoon has fucking Monticello in it or something. are they that narcissistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

thoughtco.com/ceramic-wars-hideyoshis-japan-kidnaps-koreans-195725
youtube.com/watch?v=qeuU_Et7ezA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>American anime
>Has burgers

Well they made it for the nips not for you.

Japanese actually care about their culture and heritage where amerimutts just want to make sure there's enough black bulls on screen to justify giving a white woman a role

It's probably jarring because America has no culture

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read

It's like complaining why a French film is set in France

let's not get political on Sup Forums...

Are you actually retarded?

What culture you stupid weeb?
It was all stolen from the Chinese.
The Japs are just Koreans roleplaying as islanders.

I imagine it must be sad being a burger that isn't a complete retard when people like OP are the majority.

Cause they mainly make cartoons for their countrymen and don't really care about what outsiders think?

>but its not like every american cartoon has fucking Monticello in it or something
it does. you just don't notice. US dominates other cultures using its media, to a point where people know more about US history than their own. Japan is a small country and if it does not keep its culture alive any way it can, it will soon be forgotten. It and many other small continues (including ex soviet countries) face the same problem.

>This coming from guys who could not stand seeing a rice ball on screen.
american cartoon don't have shit because american animation on its death bed. US pulls the same shit in live action.

How come the characters in animes always speak Japanese instead of the superior language, American?

>It was all stolen from the Chinese.
This is by far the most retarded statement I've ever heard on Sup Forums. Stealing culture. Holy shit.

What's an example of a cartoon from the USA that doesn't incorporate American culture in any way? I can't actually think of any.

so this is the power of amerifats...

you are fucking idiot user,you and the rest of you burguers

Congratulations on making the stupidest post on Sup Forums.

who the fuck is monticello

>US dominates other cultures using its media, to a point where people know more about US history than their own.

I imagine that a lot of people in smaller countries have a better idea what it's like to be a Jew in New York than what it's like to live somewhere else in their own country.

I saw some article about K-pop stars who have solid English fluency and many said it came from watching Friends growing up.

Any cartoon that makes reference to the Wild West, cowboys, the prohibition era, or the US presidency, is referencing American culture

>America
>Culture
All American culture is counter culture. They seek and destroy cultures.

A really mystery.

Tbhh if you read up on some Japan-China-Korea relationship in History you could clearly see Japan had an Superiority/Inferiority Complex.

thoughtco.com/ceramic-wars-hideyoshis-japan-kidnaps-koreans-195725

>but its not like every american cartoon has fucking Monticello in it or something. are they that narcissistic?
You don't notice the little cues because you're American, and most other western countries probably won't notice because they're imbued with American media. However watch a UK or French TV series/cartoon and you start noticing all the little differences.

Personally what i find funny is that you'll rarely hear any other foreign language other then English and French in Japanese media, at least from what I've seen.

good luck finding an american cartoon that doesn't have a halloween, thanksgiving or valentines episode

American shows do this too. You've just stopped noticing it.

Why the fuck not, it's their cartoons, not americans.

>hasn't heard gratuitous german, sloppy russian, or completely incorrect latin in anime

there's a lot of german namedropping and themes based on german culture.

As an American I feel I should apologize for my fellow American's ignorance, however as an American I cannot apologize to foreigners.

try living in a country that isnt america and watch some american media, its exactly the same shit

Why is it said that America has no culture?

because America has no culture.

Because American culture is so widely embraced by the world that it appears to have no clear identity.

Ever since they were nuked they live out the lives of their ancestors through anime and manga.

How come every other country speaks English with an accent but Americans don't have one?

>i know this sounds stupid, but its not like every american cartoon has fucking Monticello in it or something
It is stupid
Spic here, i learned some of the american culture thanks to western cartoon

Well, I can't say I rightly know the answer to that there question, pardner.

The Japs were relatively isolated after 600 A.D what the fuck are you talking about,. They actively seeked to create their own culture.

Okay texas and boston have accents but normal american's dont, right?

People like to shit on the USA because, in some cases, their countries have fallen from grace and it makes them feel better. Also Americans have inflated egos and can be insufferable, but so can be anyone else about their country.

>culture
>murrica
choose one

We do have accents. Ever hear someone from Massachusetts talk vs someone from California? They sound nothing alike.

What's wrong having some on screen diversity?

To be fair the US is one of the youngest countries in the world, most American families come from immigrants within 5 generations back. in some ways "American culture" is more of a general mixture of the different cultures it was formed from

No. There are New Jersey accents, New York City(hell different boroughs in the city have different accents) accents, "mid-west accents", like three different kinds of "southern accent", etc.

I live like an hour or two out of NYC, my accent sounds nothing like their accents.

This. People that live a mere two hours away by expedient means of transportation in NYC have different accents.
There's also the entire "Tristate Area", which includes New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Rest assured there are at least one or two additional accents within those individual states as well.
Please note this is just the northeastern United States.

Literally every country other than 'murica does this with their own productions.
How does it feel not having a culture, burgerfag?
And no, apple pie wasn't invented by you.

RWBY, Avatar and all of those faux-anime they love so much.

Cheap mediocre mass-manufactured food in individually packaged plastic bags is about as American as it gets, and melonpan shows up in every single anime with a school setting.

>implying a 5 year old gaijin would know what the fuck a rice ball is
You look me in the eye and tell me that shit looks like food

>And no, apple pie wasn't invented by you

Jesus Christ, user...

Kids could tell it was food based on context. Contrary to popular belief, kids are not completely retarded. Unless the kid is actually retarded.

user let them have their apple pie, they have enough problems.

Desu TBQH, famtachies. Everyone is chink and a son of Mongo Khan.

Also anime characters are clearly white.

wtf how DARE they shove their OWN culture into their OWN cartoon?
how narcissistic o_o.

It's still shitposting, even if you're being ironic.

This must be bait.

Anime charas are objectively/genetically Metizos with a few raped asian ancestry. See pic related.

>Monticello

American kids are retarded.

this, and not to mention that the USA recieved immigrants from a lot of different places, each with their own culture so they blended (Irish, English, German, Dutch, Belgian, French, Hispanic through the incorporation of Texas, California, etc) and because of the sheer size of the country there isn't a deep unified american culture, almost everything can be traced to somewhere else, Japan was isolated for centuries and it doesn't recieve a lot of immigrants, so their cultural identity is stronger, you can tell it by looking at anime and comparing it to american cartoons, Tanabata' birthdays are overused for example

culture is america's biggest export you retard

McDonald's, Starbucks and Disney shit are hardly culture. The real 'murican culture like football and thanksgiving isn't appreciated outside of the US.

>football
>culture
Besides, "gridiron" is just one of the many variations of rugby, which itself is a variant of the ancient game of football. Personally, I think the Italians do it best: youtube.com/watch?v=qeuU_Et7ezA

Go back and watch Momotaro from the 40s, literally one of the first anime and still has some of the stereotypical cultural scenes that you see in anime today. Its just engrained in anime, there must always be cultural festivals, teru teru bozu and scenes with wind chimes and cicadas.

Midwestern American is objectively the most clear and understandable form of spoken English. We managed to develop better accents talking to cows rather than real people.

I put it in quotation marks because even other Americans act like there is just one Midwestern American, when there are several different accents in that area.

To be fair, there are plenty of wind chimes in the US.
You are completely correct otherwise- Teru teru bozu and cicadas are hallmark examples of what are constantly referenced in anime we watch on a seasonal basis. I agree with your sentiment that there are just things that are a fundamental basis of some themes in anime. It indeed stems from where it comes from- it's as simple as that.

This desu.

cicadas aren't just an anime thing
they're something like a symbol of summer in traditional haiku-writing, alongside snails and rain and a few dozen other things

>Midwestern American is objectively the most clear and understandable form of spoken English
>From a 'murrican poster's subjective perspective
Come back when you learn to pronounce "going to" like the two separate words they are.

>Stealing culture
>just like Hollywood not having produced anything of value in decades
>just like America being a bastardized abomination of "culture" and diversity

>slowing down your speech and thoughts with unnecessary syllables
no wonder yuros are so inferior
y'all'd've been wiped out by the nazis in a week if it weren't for uncle sam

Wassup with that post, bitch? wanna get yo ass whooped? I ain't no euroshit, bro. So shutup willya? or imma fuck you're shit up til you go cry to yo mama.

>america
>culture

>American
>Complaining about another country being too full of themselves.
Good one OP

Pretty sure even if they've never seen a rice ball, the moment they bite into it or call it 'a rice ball' kids would be smart enough to go 'ok, so that thing is food then' and then never wonder about what that is when it shows up again.

>but its not like every american cartoon has fucking Monticello in it or something
Maybe if they did your citizen wouldn't grow up to try and eliminate your country history and culture

>slowing down your speech and thoughts with unnecessary syllables
By that logic:
Look at all those contractions and dropped words, the speed of your thought is truly astounding, you must be a brilliant scholar, and genius.

>america
>having culture
Maybe if your history didn't span for only 300 years, you'd understand.

This.

can't be a scholar if you don't use y'all'd've

This is a blue board ffs

y'all'd'of

Americans don't shove their culture into their cartoons because they have nothing to shove you absolute idiot.

>"American culture" is more of a general mixture of the different cultures it was formed from
This is straight up shite. You're going to tell me with a straight face that Americans have retained any of the defining cultural features that their immigrant ancestors brought back with them? What have they actually retained? Fucking nothing, it's about as traceable as the heat from a burnt match in a Siberian gulag.

well they retained retarded puritan ideas about sexuality
and also about work ethic: doing 60 hours a week with only 2 weeks vacation time including sickdays per year isn't your boss fucking you over, it's you showing how "dedicated to your career" you are

Absolutely epic posts.

This

Totally this.

America usually produces cultural goods only through Hollywood and it needs to be dumb and sterile to be exported to all the other inferior nations. At some point this became a standard and bled into every other medium. They entirely defined what a high quality production is supposed to be and strongly defined what kind of movie is palatable to the majority of people.

I remember overhearing a conversation here in [not an American country] some years where some girl asked who the president was and some answered it was Obama. We have our own president. It's not Obama, but everybody thinks of the American president when they hear the word president. More often than not, when the media talks about the American president they usually drop the "American" and just write "The president". They also have the tendency to talk about American politics like they're local politics. It's just weird.

And then we have to mirror every political issue. Same sex marriage? Oh, now we gotta discuss that too. Legalize weed? Oh, now we gotta talk about that too.

Does a 5 year old know what rice is?
Does a 5 year old know what a ball is?
Could a 5 year old understand the concept of a mass of rice in the shape of a ball?

They actually love their own culture unlike the (((people))) who make entertainment in the west.

American culture is so ubiquitous that most people don't even notice it or just assume it's the "default."

American culture is very clearly descended from Anglo culture.