Shhh, don't wake up the gems

Other urls found in this thread:

best100.animefestival.jp/
youtube.com/watch?v=sctBEjcoOvE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just posting best gem, don't mind me.

This part seemed out of place to me

best100.animefestival.jp/
Apparently fujos have gone to overdrive since today is the last day for voting, Touken Ranbu is now at rank 4, taking the place of Houseki no Kuni.
Rank 5 is still good for a twitter voted ranking I guess.

They used the same bird effect as the first episode, bunch of lazy shits.

I thought those were very large butterflies.

Fuck, I already voted

I didn't think the last episode would do a good job since there isn't a good starting point but I'm actually pretty happy with their decisions and what they decided to skip and not skip.

Orchestral OP where?

>Chapter 63
Why don't they just feed the gem dusts to the snail and then carve out the gem form from their shell?

youtube.com/watch?v=sctBEjcoOvE

I'm a bit puzzled by the birds - where do they nest?

Have we seen any other vertebrates in the story?

>bird

butterflies, all vertebrates are extinct in their world, we have only seen insects, mollusks, jellyfish, and corals as the only animals still around.

They probably have a more elegant and efficient solution, they couldn't have been dusting gems for thousands of years not knowing how to restore them if ever needed.

Next chapter when?
Is this weekly?

>the powder is all fake synthetic gems
>the real ones are locked in a vault underground
>they just pretend the process of reviving them is complicated and slow to gouge Phos for more favors

does mercury make a good lubricant?

lol the completely reused Cinnabars attack on the moonies. Her animations are exactly the same as they were in episode 1 from the part where she launches herself into the air to the part where she covers them in mercury. even the lighting is the same. I think the background is different though.

What did they mean with this ?

reminder cinnabar lives in a fucking cave

it's a CALLBACK

So I've forgotten/didn't quite understand the first time it was explained.

Why is this autistic gem forced to always be alone again?

She killed the Emperor of China and is hiding from assassins.

>after seeing red beryl doing Pad's hair

too emo

she was always killing the mood

>Lunarians are high tech as fuck
>Why don't they just build another sensei to pray for them?

>Hair of gems contain no inclusion so losing them is not a big deal anyway
>Phos used part of his hair to replace some part of his body
>Padparascha has ridiculously long hair
>Why not just replace her holes with her hair?

frodo.jpg

I'm just going to paste this since I didn't finish writing before the last thread went down, and some these panels deserved better fucking translations and they were quite critical to base their thinking on.

Given the switch in Sensei's tone, the fourth and fifth panels are a set piece of dialogue, ultimately meant to be a question (as part of そうですね) posed someone.
As そうですね is keigo, it's clear it's aimed at someone above him, since if it was towards himself it would've been そうだな. The inference here is that he is pointing towards someone else's actions and accusing them of not thinking through with what might happen to their creations in the end. Or in reference to this mention of the board game, of sticking their creations through an eternal game.

So the Translation should be:
>4th panel: The outcome of the things created were never contemplated.
>5th panel: That was how it was, wasn't it?
>7th panel: You are willing to disappear? [for me]
>8th panel: You are kind.

This could mean a lot of things, but you can obviously make some pretty strong guesses. And who do we know that he likely uses keigo for? The Professor.

>cause she's poisonous?

HoNK version of this comic when

Also, headcanon. He is complaining to the Professor, "You created me, but then you've placed me in this game that has no ending. You didn't even think about what might happen to me, did you?" And then we see him being appreciative of the board game disappearing, so maybe Sensei is actually in a Yellow state of mind, if not worse.

all the other gems are too jealous of her ability to create thermometers and bully her

who would be shaft though?

Some time tomorrow, probably.
Monthly.

phos with antarc hallucinations

So why/how does Phosphophyllite lose her head?

read the manga

So if you propose to a gem what type of ring are you supposed to get them?

>You are willing to disappear?
>willing

I am interested in what part of the original sentence indicate that?

Any metal ring will do, the moment you put it on them it will have a gem attached to it

the one with shiro on it

A band made from a lock of your hair

and they would give you one made of theirs

Damn this is a picture from around 2009 if I recall. These days Deen has kinda dropped off relevancy and Shaft sold its soul to Madogatari, stunting their creative diversity. I hate remembering the thread this was probably made in, and how thats almost 10 years ago.

Jade is still the best girl.

also gainax is dead, bones is dead, IG is dead, etc

You get them a diamond ring so they know how inferior they are to the best gem.

Bort?

してくれる, is "doing something for me". This is adapted in the original sentence as (消え)てくれる(のか), basically meaning "You're willing to disappear for me?"

Because she can accidentally permanently damage someone by just staying nearby.

so hedgehogs dilemma?

Thanks. So that means that sensei didn't have to pray for them to disappear. I guess it is the same case for shiro too, where he disappear because "he was satisfied". So right now we can conclude that we haven't seen sensei pray, not even once.

Except it's even worse since for now she is the only thing that can kill otherwise immortal gem.

not him, but it's what i've been saying for almost 3 threads.
he never prays, and each time he was about to, he stopped himself.

Shinsha can't kill gems.
even if they were covered in mercury, once they scrape off the surface that's been covered, they're as new.
>inb4 do it multiple time until there's nothing to scrape off
it'd take years to kill one gem

>it'd take years to kill one gem
They don't die of old age. It doesn't matter how much time it would take, the outcome always will be her killing everyone.

>he was about to
We are not even seeing that, or did I miss something? Care to give the timestamp?

One more episode and then a bunch of ovas until season 2 in a month, right?

4th episode, 0:46

>One more episode
no, 12 was the last one
>and then a bunch of ovas
no?
>until season 2 in a month, right?
oh, you'e trolling, ok

That really doesn't look like praying at all. It looks more like a shockwave that is the same where he released during the episode where Antarc was captured.

Are you baiting or what?

To be fair, we just assumed it was a prayer based on Aechmea's explanation, and it's not out of the question to consider that Aechmea's understanding might also be flawed.

It really doesn't. Those lunarians in his dreams vanished like how every time they defeated them, totally not like when Shiro disappeared.

He wasn't about to pray in dream, he was about to pray in real life, while he was dreaming

This, for example. Cair's "I'm tired of praying" and Sensei's hand gesture on the same page are just too much to be a coincidence.

Where does the English translation start to worsen? I thought it was with Beltrax but it’s already kind of bad before chapter 44. Though it obviously gets worse from there.

HELP

PROTECC

Don't think about it too hard, user. Gem magic, it's a 10/10 show with no flaws except for the lack of a second season after all.

細か

>Why don't they just build another sensei to pray for them?
It's too soon for this question, we don't even get full image yet.
>Why not just replace her holes with her hair?
Obviously it didn't work.

I think sensei stopped praying because he doesn't want to be alone. Then again he has dem gems.

Also from what I've seen, sensei genuinely love the gems. It is so fucking weird that he is ok with lunarians taking them away. He can just pray the lunarians away and live with his gem harem.

Also Aechmea's conversation doesn't hold water. He said they capture gems so that sensei would pray. However snails are not in any part of the equation, yet they catch them and domesticate them. He's lying, or at least not telling the whole truth.

So far only what the snails said make sense, i.e. the lunarians are yearning for flesh and bones, and also war.

>his own native gem from his hair doesn't work
>synthetic gem from lunarians instantly wake him up

I don't think so.

He's right though, that's the effect that masks him throwing his shards.

>I don't think so.
Why?

>Why?
>his own native gem from his hair doesn't work
>synthetic gem from lunarians instantly wake him up

calsium ring from human bone

He dreamed about praying, which made the Lunarians in his dream disappear, and once he woke up and looked at his hands almost in the gesture of praying, he said "that was reckless".
Also, how can you say is the same of other times he made the Lunarians disappear?
No other time we saw him generate a fucking sphere of light right after joining them in a prayer gesture so that the light will make the Lunarians disappear, not once.

Also this.

The manga is full of foreshadowing and hints here and there, and to those who say we're just seeing things...the countless of times right before Phos went to the moon for the first time where she's shown with one while pupil is just one example, but there are tons of times small phrases or shots were too much of a perfect foreshadowing to events happened a few chapters later to be coincidences.
I honestly don't remember when in the manga it was, but before Phos got Lapis' head, there were a couple of jokes or normal sentences about losing her head.

And i'll take the chance to say again what is to me one of the biggest foreshadowing of the whole series that is in a constant process of happening:at the very beginning Sensei basically told Phos that to overcome her weaknes she had to become stronger and better than Sensei himself, with a subsequent scenes involving flying pieces of papers[*] where Sensei says "I leave it to you". i believe this is a foreshadowing to phos becoming a new leader, and possibly a new Sensei for a new generation of gems for a new cycle to be repeated.

[*]
Each time there were flying piece of papers, there was either a parallel between current and shows past events(Ep 12, Phos thinking about his days as a chibi), a recall of past events not shown(the scene of Phos and Alex lead to the reveal of Chrisoberyl being moon'd), or foreshadowing(Phos promise to Shinsha)

Do you have a point you're trying to make?

>Then again he has dem gems.

any possibility that the "inclusions" that allow the gems to exist are of the same sort of thing as the lunarians? Him praying would destroy everything

Damn, forgot about that page. Gonna go reread.

>reading comprehension

Are you serious?

But you just admited lunarians have advanced technology, it could be some deffect they fixed outside of just holes in body. They even can create artificial inclusions, they obviously have more knowledge about gems physiology than rutile.

You're digging yourself in further. Make your point.

phos, or some say fossu

You two in the corner. Now.

So you're just posting randomly and you don't have any point to make? Ok.

A Phos-y like thing.

LaPhos specifically ordered for gems without inclusion. Thing is, why didn't Rutile tried using the hair yet?

>It is so fucking weird that he is ok with lunarians taking them away. He can just pray the lunarians away and live with his gem harem.
What would gems even do if it wasn't for lunarians? Not even talking about purpose in life, they would just overpopulate tiny island in the end.

Lunarians might be laking some important information about prayer machines that humanity acquired right before its end and didn't pass on to lunarians.
Or they can't synthetically make some vital component of his innards (we know they can't make lonsdaleite, that could apply to other things)
In other words, it either an issue with software of hardware (or both).

Gem hair is different in many ways from the rest of the gems' body: it's flexible (mores than their body already is) and has next to none inclusion. Moons used the "gem body" type of corundum, which Rutile never had.

Can you not speedread posts before replying?

Dude, your whole reasoning has one big hole.
Phos never used her hair to replace missing parts, she used them to repair cracks and small missing splinters.
That's why Pad's hair wouldn't work as a replacement for the huge holed in the body.

Possibly. If that is the reason that sensei stopped praying because he just don't want to be lonely. Or even simpler reason: he is just tired of praying.

Why not? Cute gems doing cute things.

As I said Phos used his hair to fix his body once so there is no reason for Rutile not to try that.

Why is sensei always tired?
Why does he needs to sleep so much?
Pad is the big hint
Phos telling Sensei that he'll end up losing memories if he keeps shooting splinters at lunarians is another hint
Sensei is almost completely hollow inside, he's almost nothing but a shell

can we please make a pastebin FAQ for the same questions that get asked every thread?
im so sick of people saying WHY DIDNT RUTILE USE PAD'S HAIR TO FIX HIM???

>doing cute things
I don't think if waiting for slow death because of corrosion in sea is a cute thing.