Is Grimgar the one isekai anime that doesn't fuck around with the dangers of combat and the psychological repercussions?

Is Grimgar the one isekai anime that doesn't fuck around with the dangers of combat and the psychological repercussions?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Stranded_in_fantasy
a.safe.moe/uICJH.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if by that you mean they have it as the only gimmick to the show, then yes

Didn't buy their reactions to his death, I felt like they barely knew each other. Besides, SAO did it first MCs first guild mates dying.

This has to be one of the worst shows I've watched, so fucking slow and boring

>dangers of combat
>not receiving cheat powers from the start and blowing away mere goblins with a flick of a finger
>b-but muh hardships
I bet you also complain fallout 4 on survival is too easy

Am I the only person who really liked Grimgar?

IMO, I think this show is weak as fuck. It all seemed like cliche, constant drama.

Picture related is the ONLY reason why I actually finished it. That ass of Hers....Wow.

Her seiyuu did a good job making her sound like a dummy.

I liked Grimgar. It was a fun watch.

Mine too. It portrays realistically what would happened when normal people get thrown in adventure fantasy world without asspull power.

I liked it too. It was slow at first and I almost dropped it but the element of realism was a bit refreshing. It had kind of a chill but melancholy sort of vibe to it.

(Me)

I found it emotionally moving as well, the characters felt very realistic.

Chill and melancholy is my fave.

Season two fucking when?

I liked the whole "party is shit and things are actually dangerous" thing it had going on for a while, read some comprehensive spoilers about what happens post anime in the LN and retroactively stopped liking it as much.

Forgot what the small porker mage even did other than make scared anime noises.

It was also shit

Ranta best boy

Manato deserved better.

Loved it. Always feel sad when it seems so hated by other anons

I liked it

I loved it too. Enough fanserivce to get through the shit. The analogy of them being stuck fighting Goblins until they mentally overcame their fear and pushed on to more difficult stuff was neat. The fact that defeating the big wolf king thing wasn't actually that big of a deal, but to them it was. That's a feeling I got when I dragged idiots through raids on MMO's. The feel of finally doing it was great.

This is an awesome combat scene, and it's really how I wish most fantasy shows in the East and the West would make them. It feels tactical on both sides, the enemies are competent enough to pose a threat, there's teamwork, and it's not one side utterly dominating the other.

I was thinking about reading the LNs. Does it get better or worse? I really enjoyed the anime.

Literally never. Seriously. The company that developed it went under

>spoilers about what happens post anime in the LN and retroactively stopped liking it as much.
Do they all die or what?

Can you not type like a retarded YouTube commenter.

Always liked how brutal the fight scenes were.

It gets better, they get a little more skilled but are still pretty shit the novels are translated up to volume 6 now so its a great time to get in.

>Always liked how brutal the fight scenes were.
It's great because it feels down to earth, despite things like magic and a fuckhuge bugbear or whatever that big goblin thing is supposed to be existing. That victory feels like it means something. It's hard fought, and thus feels really earned.

Just finished it.

That was great. But now I feel empty inside.

Yah just the concept they went with that, other living things want to live too and will fight back tooth and nail to do so made it feel real. I like the fact that although they're still pretty experienced as they are in the novels, they can still get killed by goblins if they arent careful.

Mary died, sadly.
luckily she was resurrected

Indeed.

And heck, magic is finally shown like a skill that comes both with potential, and the weak side.

Not to mention, further in you realize that the training from the guild only gives a mage some basic glyphs and equally basic combinations in the major schools - and that's it.

THEN you have to learn and discover on your own, how to match, mix and control elements of magic to your advantage... it's like learning the alphabet and basic words/sentence structures.

Advanced magic is on a different level - book writing, as opposed to knowing alphabet and words.

There's a lot more trauma, though. More chance meetings, and more deaths.

Also, by book 6 the litttle foreshadowing we are given gets dense enough to understand what is the true overarching story.

Finally, a warning. I don't see how the relatively innocent things get interpreted that way, but if this got a S2 there'd be no end to NTR-crowing. Even if what is there is just a bit of distance, mutual awareness and jealousy at innocent things, put in only to show how MC gets more conscious of his feelings.

Anime had actually improved on this and showed some of it early on, if you remember the scene when Haruhiro met Mary at her dorm during his random town walk... pay attention to where he's looking and how he is reacting. I loved how they made that scene.

Just S1 alone is better than any other Isekai crap out there. From what I heard about the LNs they seem to get worse but still Grimgar is the only work in this shitty trending genre that actually explores the concept of having to start again from the beginning in a new and harsh enviroment.

I liked, shame the fucking tumblr fujoscum infested the threads when it was airing and the mods DID NOTHING TO STOP EM

What did they do?

Drool over Ranta or something?

That user's just making things up. The threads were just fa/tg/uys sperging about D&D and fantasy combat and real world historical warfare as usual.

Mostly shipping haruto with ranta and the big guy, plus gay artwork.
killed the threads

Isn't he a rapist bandit who killed the MC's love interest or some shit now?

Fuck you, it was that until ep 4, then every goddamn thread was full to the brim with fujos and you /tg/ fucks went AWOL

In its first three or so episodes? Sure.

Nah, there's plenty of edgy isekai nonsense with that.

Only reason I liked it too.

Another thing that pissed me off about this show was the lack of a coherent love story. It seemed like multiple romances were developing between characters who had previously obviously been set up with each other. This gave a weird 'incestuous' feel to the team and triggered my autism. I like a good love story, but I hate it when shows tease a romance plot and then fail to deliver.

I gave up on this when they started reviving people. The whole tension of the series is gone.

You have a point but that makes it swallow. The players are noobs and couldn't make wise decisions.

That's pretty vague but Youjo Senki and Now and Then Here and There focus a lot on the brutality of war. Maybe if you've only seen isekai explicitly based on RPG mechanics and Dragon Quest. For all the complaining Sup Forums does about isekai I get the sense that most people doing so don't actually consume much of it.

> the novels are translated up to volume 6 now so its a great time to get in
8/10 parts of the volume 7 are also translated and available on j-novel club site.

There’s Here and Now, There and Then too.

of course they fucking don't, bunch of crossboarder scum.

Lies, he wouldnt do something like this

See 1d4chan.org/wiki/Stranded_in_fantasy

I enjoyed it mostly for the threads and the shitstorms they had in them

>liking something on Sup Forums

Fuck off, Mary. Ranta saved tour useless ass.

If only the show focused only on the gritty fantasy, without all those character dramas and romance. But I guess it's what you expect from a bunch of high school kids.

At that point the only romances were one-sided. Shihoru liked Manato, but he died and she kept mourning his death. Ranta liked Yume, but he is so afraid of showing his feelings that he prefers to act like a loner asshole. Haru liked Mary, but he is so insecure and stressed out he prefers to suppres his desire for romance.

NTHT is basically Isekai Congo Wars: the Animation, of course it's fucked up.

I love it. Even read the novels. Background art is 10/10, world is /comfy/, pace is slow and atmospheric. One of the few decent isekai. Only good successor to .hack//sign.
Confirmed. Hiro is a snob and unlikeable. Ranta is real. I'd want to actually hang out with him, he's fun and down to earth.

O MY LUCK

Wasn't volume 12 coming out today?

They do it really poorly, the anime is basically 6 episodes of the main characters moping around like a bunch of babbies because of some goblins
Once the blue girl shows up it gets better because she makes up for everyone else being a literal retard

This show was so fucking good. Direction was pretty strong, art/backgrounds were literally 10/10, story was slow, atmospheric and felt real and the OST was pure gold. This is one of the best recent isekai.

I there a collection of her ass shots?

A-1 went overboard in the adaptation but it was still good. LNs are surpringly good.

Re:zero also to an extent
It's a bit watered down because of characters like Rem and shit like "blessing of the wind", but at least Subaru does get rekt like any isekai'd normal guy would

Fucking new fags. Now and Then, Here and There did that shit two decades ago. Your boring ass flavor of the month Isekai isn't special.

Sorry I triggered you fag.

My only complain about Re:Zero is that MC gets a fucking waifu bait girl that lust after his dick.

(Me)

I gave it 10/10, I thought it was great, it got me emotionally involved with the characters which is more than I can say for most Anime.

Also dat ass.

and red moon was neat.

Who is fujoscum?

was it, dare I say, Kino?

Definitely one of the best isekai anime along with Log Horizon season 1.

Probably the one show where killing a character ends up giving him more screentime than ever like he never died in the first place

Ranta is a lucky guy.

Haru should've smashed that when he had the chance.

Wrong it also has Haru's armpits

swiggity

I liked it, it was super chill
I usually hate isekai shit but Grimgar didn't get bogged down by shitty MMO jargon or 'epic' quests/bosses/gets/levelups. I don't even really get the whole 'too slow' meme, so I guess that mostly comes from the typical ADD isekai faggot fanboy

I really didn't like the two mage girls tough. The tryhard '''cute''' one is just annoying, the newcomer was an edgy cunt

It is great anime. All girls are great.

Spoilers/summary when?

>RIP ゴブリン
Every time.

Pure Ass kino.

A-1 pictures went under? Kek

Please don't post spoilers without tags please.

Reminder to remove boburin.

Man the knife combat in this show was sick

You're still doing it.

Sorry user.

Yeah they really nailed the newbies getting a hang of combat for sure, I like that it felt like there were hesitation either from them not wanting to get hurt from miscalculation and them putting the knife into something , I lost some of the webm but here is another.

It would have been so perfect if that little bitch boy healer didn't dieand the rest of the show was just moping about him.

The moment that happened it got fucking ruined.

I liked it too, user. It had a few nice scenes, and was fairly pretty. I'll maybe give source material a try at some point.

a.safe.moe/uICJH.mp4

That bit was so emote and well done though, like the grieving process was actually well done.