A TSUNDERE CHRISTMAS CAROL

It's that time of year again.

It was a gently snowing Christmas eve, and the faintest traces of snow began to fall on the city, each snowflake like a soft, floating, aimless kiss. Two childfriends of each sixteen years, barely adults and yet barely still children, were slowly walking home.
While they may have been childhood friends, it was merely the fact that they had known each other for a while. Their families weren't especially close, and there was no sort of arrangement to celebrate together. They would soon part ways at the next crossing.
"....." Tarou-kun seemed like he had something to say. His feet were hesitant and his walk weighted down. Ami-chan wondered what was on his mind.
"...Hey, Ami-chan." Caught off-guard by his sudden stop, Ami-chan walked abruptly into Tarou-kun's back.
"W-What was that for-" She began to rebuke him, but noticed that he seemed serious.
She decided to let him speak.
"What sort of things are you doing tomorrow?"
"Hmmm, for Christmas, you mean? Well, nothing really."
"Then..."

"Ami-chan. You know... I'd be really happy if you could spend Christmas eve with me."
"E, E, Ehhhhhhhh?!"

Ami-chan just felt like her mind had just been turned into a punching bag and used for speed training by Mike Tyson.
Did, did Tarou-kun just ask her to spend Christmas eve with him? Seriously?
Obviously, the answer was yes.
If only her thoughts were that straightforward.
This was a Christmas... d, d, date, wasn't it?
She didn't know what to feel.
She never expected Tarou-kun to ask so openly.
But more importantly, she needed to respond.
Was she happy about it? How was she supposed to know that?
If she accepted, wouldn't that mean that she actually felt like that and then the two of them would be and tomorrow they would--
"J, J..."
Her words were tripping over themselves.
"Just what do you think you're asking?!" She finally stammered out. "D, Don't push your luck. There's absolutely no way I like you enough to do that sort of thing with you!! Tarou-kun, you dummy! Just die!
Baka! Humbug!"

Ami-chan ran furious all the way home.
Tarou-kun didn't chase her, not did he seem upset.
He simply watched her run with the eyes of someone resigned to his fate.

Later that night, as Ami-chan was about to go to bed, she was still thinking about what Tarou-kun had asked her.
Really, the nerve of him...!
She was pretty angry.

But she was also a bit sad.

Let's hope this doesn't get deleted

She felt she overreacted far too much to Tarou-kun's invitation.
It wasn't as if she disliked him... he just surprised her with something that sudden.
She decided to call him up and apologise a bit.

I've seen this thread too many times for my own good.

>Baka! Humbug!
Every year, this never fails to get me. Merry Christmas, Sup Forums.

Man it still feels a bit sad that you can date when this was first created based on the references alone. And that was years ago.

We haven't had some great Christmas OC of this caliber ever since.

No, no, no, it was too embarassing after all, especially after all she said today.
Tarou-kun was tough. He was usually a confident guy and he knew she was like this sometimes.
He'd be fine when she next saw him.
Thinking this, she prepared to go to sleep.

WAKE UP

Then a ghost appeared from the telephone.

The best time of the year is here. Tsundere are the best.

Tsunderes are the best when they become pure dere.

Christmas really came way too soon this year.

"I will warn you that this night of Christmas eve, you shall be visited by three spirits, who will show you visions of past, present and future. Heed their advice, contemplate on what you see, and ensure that you do not regret your actions on this day or from now on."

THE HEART

Kubo ghost is best Kubo

And with that, the ghost vanished, leaving Ami-chan alone in the dead of night.
What could the mysterious message have meant?
Actions this day? Did they mean with Tarou-kun? Was this all some trick he was playing on her?
Baka! Humbug!
She would never in a million years do something as embarassing as go on a Christmas date with him. She was definitely, absolutely sure about that.
Now, what had it said about three more ghosts?
Well, she supposed it couldn't be helped.
Not knowing what to do, Ami-chan went to sleep.

Merry Christmas Sup Forumsnons.

>cut out all the background noise

It was the middle of the night, and Ami-chan woke up to visit the bathroom.
Tarou-kun's request was still the main thing on her mind, to such an extent that she wondered whether the telephone ghost was just a bad dream.

Merry Christmas

Being waiting for this. Merry Kurisumasu to all Sup Forums!

"I AM THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST."
With an impact like colliding meteorites, strong enough to make Ami-chan fall backwards, a giant figure burst out from behind her bathtub curtains.
"ARE YOU READY FOR THIS, KID? WE'RE GONNA FLY BACK TO YOUR PAST AND KICK SOME SENSE INTO YOU."
Glowing a fantastic pure white, like burning magnesium, the figure stepped out of the tub and stood in front of her, reaching for her hand.
"No, wait, I'm not ready--!"
"LET'S GO!"

Time flew by so quickly

[8bit row row fight the power starts playing]

A flash of white.
This was a memory from when they first met, she realised.
Come to think of it, it was a Christmas exactly eight years ago. Ami-chan had been taking a tour around a meat factory when she'd slipped on a stray sirloin and fallen off the walkway, right into the jaws of the industrial meat grinder.
Without hesitating a moment, Tarou-kun, who was also on the tour, instantly leapt after her and grabbed her hand, saving her from being minced to pieces.
It was the start of a friendship that would last eight years into the future.

"You started becoming interested in him at that time, didn't you?" The ghost of Christmas past spoke to her in a calmer voice. His words made Ami-chan blush.
"...Hmph! Well, it's obvious, isn't it? Anyone would become interested in someone who saved them from the jaws of an industrial meat grinder. It's not like he was special, or anything."
"Hahah." The ghost patted her hard on the head. "Well, fair enough. A man's gotta do more than just that to show a girl he's special."

>not stickied
Sup Forums is dead

It was another memory, the Christmas from the year after that.
Tarou-kun had bought her the present she'd really wanted for a long time - a giant stuffed rabbit with 250 carat diamond eyes.
"You're amazing, Tarou-kun." Her younger self had said. "I feel really bad that the present I got you isn't worth anywhere near as much..."
"Haha, don't worry about it." He was carefree as ever. "Ami-chan, your smiling face is a fine present for me."
"...That still isn't worth how much you paid for this." Ami-chan pouted back.
"In that case, you should keep smiling for the rest of the year. That'll be more than worth it."

It was a bit later that Ami-chan found out he'd had to work hard to earn all the money for her present.
She remembered asking him about it, and the bemused look on his face, as if he was a mischievous kid who'd been found out.
He never did tell her just how long he worked for it.

"You've still got it, right?" The ghost asked her.
"...Yeah, of course."
"That's good."

Oh wow im here early for once, MERRY CHRISTMAS FAGS

The next scene, from two years later.
It was a group sleepover with everyone from class on Christmas, and they had been attacked by an assassin disguised as Santa Claus.
Quickly protecting Ami-chan from harm, Tarou-kun leapt forward and hit him with a surprise attack.
After a long battle, Tarou-kun was victorious and the assassin subdued.
"...Geh!" Ami-chan turned away as she saw her past self run up and give Tarou-kun a hug.

"You used to be pretty sweet on him, didn't you?" The ghost remarked. "Not just here, but you always clung to him during school and on the way home, and he was all you used to talk about-"
"No, no, no, no! I'm not listening! There's no way I did something like that!" She cut him off.
"The proof's right in front of you, little miss."
"Okay, well maybe I did a bit, but that's just because he was cool and talented and did lots of interesting stuff! It wasn't as if he was special to me, or anything! It was just admiration as a friend, that's all!"
"Heh, so you admired him? Well, that's fair enough, given all he'd done. It sure was cute, though, the way you doted on him."
"Shut up shut up shut up!" She tried hitting him, but her hand simply passed through his body. It was kind of creepy. "Besides, it's all in the past!"
"Why'd it all stop, then?" A clear and simple question, yet it made Ami-chan look away once again.
"That's... that's because..."

To put it bluntly, she was embarassed. People teased her about their relationship. She was too self-conscious. She didn't want to be seen as that kind of lovestruck girl. After all, it was just... admiration. Of course, she can't have been in love with him.
He was Tarou-kun, who she'd known since she was eight.
There was no way it could happen, right?
So, to end the misconceptions, she seperated herself from him. They were just ordinary friends.
"...It's none of your business." She finally told the ghost.

Fuck off Incubator

A white flash.
"Well, that's it for me." The ghost of Christmas past stretched lazily. "How was your trip down memory lane, kid?"
"...It wasn't anything special." She shrugged.
"Hahah, by your definitions of 'nothing special', I'll take that as a fine compliment." He laughed.
"Hey, Ami-chan. Want me to give you some advice?"
"Not really."
"I think the answer to what you should do will become clearer once you realise just how much that boy thinks of you."
"...I used to think that I knew that." She mumbled, "But... now I'm not sure if I'm ready for things like romance, or l-love..."
"Heheh." The ghost laughed again. He seemed like a pretty carefree person.
"Girls like you have a real iron guard on their hearts. You never let out what you really feel. Maybe you don't even know yourself.
That boy, though... I'm sure he'll be able to break through.
He's already let you into his heart. If you stand back, you can watch as he drills into yours.
...Yeah, you need to let him drill into you."
"Don't phrase it in such a stupid way!!"
"And once he's in your heart," It seemed the ghost was ignoring her, "I hope you take good care of him."
"...Don't... don't decide that on your own, stupid---"
"Take care with the other two ghosts. They can both be quite a handful."
There was another flash, and he was gone.

Merry Christmas Sup Forums! I still remember last Christmas like it was yesterday. Time really flew by so fast.

Readying myself for the incoming feels.

Ami-chan found herself once again in the frame of her bathroom door, exactly where she fell.
There was no way she could pass that experience just now off as a dream.
Which meant, of course, that she was probably in store to meet two more ghosts after this.
She frantically turned her head, searching for anything out of the ordinary--
And saw them.

STICKY WHEN.

Merry Christmas Sup Forums!

A pair of eyes above the sink, glowing with a fierce solemnity.
"Greetings. I am the ghost of Christmas present."

"I am sure you are capable enough to have figured out the system, so we can proceed immediately to the task.
I will show you a scene, a single scene, that is taking place at this very moment.
Pay careful attention. It would be a bit unfortunate if you didn't understand at all."

"What... what is this?"
Once again, after a flash of white, Ami-chan found herself watching a new scene.
This time, an unfamiliar one.
"As you can see, we are currently witnessing the actions of Tarou-kun." The ghost explained.
"N, No way this is Tarou-kun..."
The room was almost impossibly dark, save for the rectangle of light, the computer monitor's silent scream, radiating out into the room. Tarou-kun sat at his desk, purposelessly typing away. Engaging in hollow conversations with an empty world, listening for an echo. Then there were his eyes.
Eyes that had soaked up countless whispers of some alien, unforgiven coldness, that stared into mind-forged voids as he sat alone.
This wasn't the energetic Tarou-kun that she knew.
She couldn't comprehend what had caused such a drastic change in him.
Sure, even if he really... l, liked Ami-chan... he wasn't the sort of person to get this depressed over a declined invitation.
Even though it was practically a confession.
Tarou-kun wouldn't stay down over that.
"Why... even on Christmas eve... why is he all alone?"
"It seems you are unaware of that boy's circumstances." The ghost calmly spoke.

"You are aware his parents passed away two years ago?"
"Yeah... But he still has a little sister..."
"Yesterday, she collapsed and was sent to hospital for emergency surgery. Tarou-kun wasn't allowed to see her. She is currently in critical condition with an uncertain chance of survival."
"What? He never said anything about that--"
"As strange as it was, he had a reason. He wanted to always seem infallible to you. He did not want you to worry about him. Looking at him now, though, it seems clear that someone worrying would be an appropriate response."
"T, That doesn't make sense...!" Ami-chan frantically tried to deny it. She had to deny something about this whole twisted situation. "If he really wanted me not to worry, why did he invite me over for Christmas? Was he planning to tell me then? Even if not, I would have noticed his sister wasn't there!"
"Well, it's true that was a slightly irrational decision of his. I suppose it is because in the end, Tarou-kun is only human.
For an instant, this evening, he felt so isolated that he couldn't help but reach out. At that moment, and tonight, he is truly at his weakest. Fortunately, your denial caused him to realise his error. This is why he did not pursue you."
"But... still... Tarou-kun... I know him... he's braver than this..."
"The scenes shown to you by Christmas Past were, of course, in the past. In truth, Tarou-kun was never particularly brave. The primary motivator for his charisma was always the desire to stay strong for the target of his affections.
If you are being slow, that person is you. This is not your fault, but in the time he does not spend with you, he is notably less confident."

Coobie, no!

Flash.

"No way..." She whispered, back in her bathroom. "...I need to call him."
"I will leave you to it." The ghost's image flickered. "But perhaps you would benefit from this bit of reflection:
Human emotions are volatile and difficult to interpret. With what feelings will you make your call?
An affection on equal level with his? Simple concern? Or, as he would most resent, mere pity?"
"...I'm not pitying him." Ami-chan spoke. "I'll help him. ...Because I'm concerned, of course."
"If that is what you say, then so be it." The ghost finally faded into the darkness.

Merry Christmas you f/a/gs, we've lost many this year but we'll have to keep on moving for their sakes.

Since when were you under an impression that a Ghost of Christmas Future actually has to be a ghost?

"...He's not answering."
Ami-chan was a bit wary about using the phone after the event earlier, but she eventually gathered the courage to dial Tarou-kun's number.
However, it seemed that her efforts were in vain.
She decided she would visit him on Christmas, after all.
...But even then, what would she say to him? Wouldn't she make it worse? She still didn't know how to answer his feelings.

A strange feeling brushed down her back. She had already felt it three times that night.
"...I know you're there, ghost. I, It's not like I'm scared or anything... but come out where I can see you."

"I'm already here."
"E-Ehhh?!"
Impossible. The voice had appeared from right behind her.
"H, how?" Ami-chan cried as she spun around. "I didn't sense your ghostly aura at all!"
"Naive." The ghost spoke plainly. "Just because I'm the Ghost of Christmas Future, did you assume I was going to be a ghost?"
"Of course I would, idiot!"
"In this world, the only idiots are the unprepared."
"Are you making this up as you go along?"
"Silence. Now, observe. I will show you the future which you have carved for yourself."

KUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A flash.

This is... Tarou-kun's room?

>"Are you making this up as you go along?"
>masterscholar.jpg
Everytime.

Wait... what's that?

It can't be-

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

zetsubou

Stop

Embrace the zetsubou

Stop.

KIBOU.

Stop!

A new scene.

Tarou-kun's life ended soon after he was informed of his little sister's death.
Ami-chan was informed of this in turn.

To be honest, Ami-chan didn't even need to be shown this scene of the future.
That was because every tear, every cry, and every movement,
Ami-chan understood them.
Even if it hadn't happened yet, it was going to be a reality. And she had seen it first-hand.
The Ami-chan in the vision cried. Ami-chan knew the end of every sentence before they even began.
"Tarou-kun! Why did--"
--you think that you were alone?
"Didn't you realise--"
--that I would have been there?
"...No. Of course--"
--he didn't. Because I never told him.
"It's all--"
--my fault.
"If only I'd--"
--been more honest.

Tears.
And a flash.

"Do you see now?"

I've been waiting for this.

there it is

KUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"This is what's important. Listen to it.
Cut out all the background noise.
You care for this boy. That much is obvious.
But how deep does that affection run? Is it enough to save him?
Be honest."
"...Fine. Let me think about it."

Fucking Kubo.

Fucking masterpiece.

>Cut out all the background noise.
My sides

>cut out all the background noise

Tarou-kun is my important friend. I can start from there.
Is that all there is to it?
No. There's more.
Is it pity?
Well, he's certainly in a pretty pitiful state right now, but I don't think that's it.
I don't want to help him just because of that.
It's something more positive.
It doesn't actually matter whether he's sad or cheerful. Either way, it would be nice if I was with him.
I guess I can say there's nothing about him I dislike.
Really, in the end, I know exactly what answer these ghosts are trying to make me say.
And I know it's probably true.
I want to deny it.
But there's no point. Especially in front of an omniscient ghost. I said I'd be honest. Just this once.

"...I... I'm in love with T, T, Tarou-kun."

Kill yourself my man

> The ghost spoke plainly. "Just because I'm the Ghost of Christmas Future, did you assume I was going to be a ghost?" gets me every single time

"AAAAAAAAHHH! IT'S EMBARASSING EMBARASSING EMBARASSING EMBARASSING EMBARASSING!
AFTER ALL THAT SELF-DOUBT AND POINTLESS ANGST I JUST REALISED SOMETHING EVERYONE ELSE PROBABLY FIGURED OUT RIGHT AT THE START!
AFTER ALL THAT FIGHTING AND THOSE INSULTS, IT TURNS OUT I'M ACTUALLY IN LOVE WITH HIM!
I'M LIKE THE STUPID LOVE INTEREST IN SOME BAD ROMANCE COMEDY!
WHY AM I SUCH AN IDIOT?! DID I THINK THAT TINGLY FEELING IN MY CHEST WAS HEARTBURN OR SOMETHING?
I CAN FEEL EVERY SHALLOW PRETENSE AND ACT I'VE PUT UP CRUMBLING AND COMING BACK TO SMACK ME IN THE FACE!
'IT'S NOT AS IF I DID IT FOR YOU, OR ANYTHING'?! WHAT KIND OF LINE IS THAT? WHAT THE HELL, ME?
I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO SET ON FIRE SOMEONE JUST BURY ME IN THE MARIANAS TRENCH RIGHT NOW
IT'S EMBARASSING EMBARASSING EMBARASSING EMBARASSING EMBARASSING EMBARASSING EMBARASSING EMBARASSING!"

I've seen this shit posted here for so many fucking years but come on, does anyone actually think this shit is not cringe as fuck especially with all the cancerous normalfag anime/manga references?

It's a classic. This should get a musical and a theatrical release.

But she soon got over it.

Getting into the tsundere christmas spirit, I see?

>cringe
>phoneposting

Ban this filth. It's Christmas you tard.

"I see you've reached your decision."
"I have. Thank you, ghosts."
"You are very welcome."
"I just have one question, though..."
"Yes?"
"That future you showed me... I'm pretty sure Tarou-kun was wearing the exact same clothes as he did today."
"That's because the character designer was lazy and only gave you one outfit each."
"Stop joking around!"
"You are naive. Just because I showed you the future, did you just assume it was the distant-"
"Just tell me!"
"His sister is already dead. The scene you saw will happen in roughly ten minutes."
"...Wait, what?"

this

We all love our memes.

I almost forgot holy shit, glad i made it in time.

Also where is the fucking sticky mods? i get that you do it for free but do you have to be absolute faggots about it?

I keep hoping some enterprising user someday animates it.

>cringe
Kill yourself faggot

Tarou-kun was sad.
He was alone on Christmas.
His sister was dead.
His sister was dead.
It felt like the world had expanded out around him and an empty darkness had filled the gaps.
Any way he walked, he would only be met with nothing.
In the end, there was only one way out.

Of course, he was wrong, but here, right now, in his cold bedroom on Christmas eve, with all his family dead, this was the only way he could see.
Push it away. Push it all away.

Something shattered downstairs. A window. A burglar?
Well, it didn't matter.
Soon, nothing would matter. And all would be good. Once nothing mattered, there would be nothing that could make things worse if it went wrong.

Push it away. Push it all away.

I'm not near a PC give me a fucking break, not all of us can afford to not work during Christmas Eve.
Okay and? Doesn't mean I can't make a valid criticism.

Now that's the stuff. I'm ready.

"Tarou-kun! Listen up, because I'm only telling you this once!
Actually, I like you! Like, the super-like type!"
"Love?"
"Y, Yeah! That! Don't forget it!
Even when I act angry or annoyed with you, that's just another way of me saying I like you!
Because I like you so much that when you treat me nicely, I get so happy that I have to distract myself or else I'd get totally lost!
When I get angry and blush, it means you're doing a good job!
Ah, but there will be times when I'm actually angry, so be careful!
But most of the time it should be okay, because I like you!
D, Do you understand?"
Tarou-kun blinked once.
"I understand."
And smiled.
"I like you too, Ami-chan."
"W, W, Well, I knew that, of course!" Ami-chan's blush had swept completely over her face.
"Did you really?"
"Y, Yeah, some ghosts told me!"
"I see."
"So, because you're my b, b, boyfriend now, you can't kill yourself!"
"Okay."
"And I'm really sorry to hear about your sister!"
"Thank you."
"I'll help you through all your trauma and stuff, so don't kill yourself!"
"I already said I won't."
"I need to double check!"
"That's very like you, Ami-chan."
"I, It's not like I doubted you or anything, but--!"

It seemed somehow, they would be able to sort things out.
Their real journey begins here, but really, once you've saved each other from suicide and meat grinders, it's probably going to be smooth sailing from then on.