So we all agree Youjo Senki and Mahoutsukai no Yome are the only real AOTY worth this year?

So we all agree Youjo Senki and Mahoutsukai no Yome are the only real AOTY worth this year?

Whether you admit it or not anime like Kemono Friends is just memeshit, Dragon Maid, Eromanga are moegarbage pandering, and Fate Apocrypha, Symphogear are waifushit.

Sounds about right but you forgot meme in abyss

>edgy meme loli
>shoujo shit
>aoty
No.

We all know who the real winner is.

Gembutts is my AOTY
It would be MiA if the middle episodes weren't so boring

Little Witch Academia is AOTY. Youjo Senki and Ballroom e Yokoso are runners up. Mahoutsukai no Yome should have been in the ranking but Studio Wit's adaption is lacking.

LWA

Good taste. Gembutts is easily AOTY for me.

What's up with all these MnY fags hyping this shit up?
Is it all trolls or does this series just have the worst fanbase at the moment?

I'd agree with you but you're a faggot so no

Mahoutsukai has been disappointing. The pacing is all over the place, a lot of the dramatic scenes have fallen flat, and there's too many scenes where you can tell they worked better in manga format than anime. It's still an okay show don't get me wrong, but that's mostly due to the source material being pretty good. As an adaption it's been pretty rocky.

I like MnY but I don't get the hype, it's not that good.

This. OP is 12.

agree the manga had a bigger impact on me. i feel like the anime, despite it's INCREDIBLE production values, is suffering from a lack of direction to match the money being dumped into it.

Mahoujin Guru Guru

Same here. It's one of the better anime out there but it's not really something special, let alone the best anime of the season/year/century.
I think I would like it much more if it didn't feel as much as a semi-otome as it does.

I'd give it to Made in Abyss

It's one of my favorite manga, but it's never been about the drama between the characters to me. It was about the world and the mythology. It feels like reading a short story about some mythic being in a warm room. Honestly the anime does it better than the manga.

It reminds me of Mushishi a lot. Meh episodic stories, but wrapped in such a way that it felt like sitting by a warm campfire listening to oral stories.

Inuyashiki is my AOTY. Every episode was consistently good.

Friends.

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou was by far the best thing to come out of 2017

>Honestly the anime does it better than the manga.
you have a poor imagination. the manga is VIVID. and inspires more wonder than the anime.

Actually this is the only true post in the thread Uchouten Kazoku is amazing, but houseki no kuni deserves a mention as well

BANG

There haven't even been that many purely episodic stories in the anime so far.

The anime has been an extremely faithful adaptation with art to match it, and the anime has a fantastic OST to boot. In my opinion, anime is just easier to get immersed into, and the adaptation takes full advantage of it.

I was referring to Mushishi's episodic nature, but Mahoutsukai does wrap everything up in 2 or 3 episodes. I think the cat arc and the wand arc were both 3 episodes.

1. Aho-Girl
2. Konosuba
3. 3-Gatsu
4. Gamers!
5. Kizumonogatari Part3: Reiketsu & Owarimonogatari II

>faithful adaptation

no question. doesn't change the fact the DIRECTION has been subpar resulting in much of the impact from the source material FALLING FLAT.

Fate Apocrypha is way better than the literally what anime you are posting

this is despite it being probably the weakest add to the fate series.

This one and Rakugo 2 are my picks.

To anyone still wondering, any of the following options are correct:
Kemono Friends
Little Witch Academia
Maid Dragon
Sagrada Reset
Sakura Quest
Tsuki ga Kirei
Made in Abyss
Mahoujin Guru Guru
18if
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Urahara
Congratulations everyone and merry christmas!

>missed based jii-san
Now I feel embarrassed.

It's very faithful yes, but I disagree with easier to get immersed into. The direction takes me out of it pretty often. There's been some well done episodes but it's been more misses than hits

Don't include Youjo Senki with Mahoyome please. It was not even half as good.

Nah, MNY is overhyped shit.

>no Shingeki no Bahamut
is the ending so bad it drops out of AOTY contention?

Inuyashiki for me. Not often something makes me cry like that.

Reminder that YSfags are invaders from you-know-where.

AotS
Winter: Rakugo
Spring: FAG
Summer: Action Heroine Cheer Fruits
Autumn: Animegataris

AotY: FAG

Sounds like you enjoy shounen trash/edgelord shit the most, op. Post again until you get better taste, or you cease being 13yrs old

Mahoutsukai is great, I didn't really enjoy Youjo as much as I thought I would, Japan's fetish with Nazis and Nazi Germany gets a bit bland for me.

The only anime I saw that was AOTY-worthy was Night Is Short, Walk on Girl. And even then, it wasn't amazing or anything.

Youjo Senki was the best directed anime of the year that's for sure.
I see how not everyone would like the story but man, this show had perfect flow during the whole season despite the first episode.

For me it's between this and Tsuki ga Kirei.

Either 3-gatsu or Uchouten for me.

>only 3 series are actually good
user...

>implying you actually watched more than 3

both not even aots
fuck off

>oh fuck someone disagrees with me
>think up a pathetic response
That's pretty pathetic my dude

Mahoutsukai no Yome is the only show from this season that I actually fell asleep watching.

Replace Youjo Sneki with Made in Abyss and you got the only legit AOTY

Not going to lie, really enjoyed bone husband and super depressed gf, even though it can get really sad during some points.

>meme meme meme
You're a faggot and I really hope you kill yourself.
May you learn how to actually form sentences and maybe even have taste for the next year. Merry Christmas.

>fatefags are THIS delusional