Sorry, dudes, I know, like 20+ years later... but I don't know who to talk to for answers

Sorry, dudes, I know, like 20+ years later... but I don't know who to talk to for answers....

What the fuck was the deal with the naval warship in the lake down at the bottom of the GeoFront?

How did it get there? Was it dropped in? Was it disassembled and reassembled?

Why was it there in the first place? Was it crewed by NERV and meant to protect them? Or was it crewed by JSDF?

Why did they think they needed a warship in that lake at the bottom of the Geofront?

Did this ship help fight any Angel that approached? Any scene in the Anime or Magna?

It's a small, irrelevant frigate or corvette type ship. Not a battleship. If it wasn't a huge fire-power heavy ultimate conventional weapon, Why is it down there?

Asuka picked it up and threw it at some tanks, was the ship abandoned? Was it allied with her? Was it commandeered by JSDF/ UN forces? Was it always a UN vessel and wa sit a threat?, if so why?

Somebody tell me why that ship was always there, even before Asuka picked it up and threw it at the JSDF. It was floating in a lake underground, before that.

rule of cool mang, don't worry about it

Gendo and Fuyutsuki needed to embezzle 300 million dollars, so they found a used frigate worth 150 and pocketed the other 150. Another 10 million was spent to pay for the scientific study proving a frigate at the bottom of a cave is an important tactical asset, which Gendo and Kozo wrote themselves.

How did they get it down there?

Was it crewed? Were there dudes in that boat when Asuka picked it up and threw it?

If there were dudes, who? JDSF or NERV? Or somebody else? Was it like an empty museum ship? Had a restaurant open in it?

I thought I had NGE figured out, untill I started thinking about that warship in that lake in a hole under the ground below the bottom of the sea.

Finally someone’s asking the real questions in Evangelion.

FANS ARE DEMANDING ANSWERS

They put it down there because it looked cool. I bet it's not even real. Probably made of cardboard or something.

SO my theory, it was assebled down there as an experiment on artifical AT fields. An admiral was like

"Gendo-sun! My fleets can stop any angel attacks, allow me to demonstrate! An AT field can be generated by artificial means so long as it remains in basically the center of the Geofront! I have an extra warship small enough to fit, to float in the Geofront, with this device, I can demonstrate to the world this artifical force-field effect"

Gendo was like "Yeah, sure, try it out"

Then, however the outcome of the experiment, maybe they succeeded or not, the ship was just abandoned, floated there, anchored and crew-less afterwards. since it was too much effort to extract it.

Does no one else think this hard about shit?

Dude, I love the series, but when I see a fucking warship in a lake, not in just one scene, but several, I gotta ask about it..

Someone is responsible for telling me an answer! I looked everywhere on the Internet! Nothing! Why! It was written into that stupid anime show for a reason, it must make some kinda sense, how come? What was it there for in terms of the story?

I'm with you, guy, but you just have to get used to not knowing some things. Like how I'm not sure if the Japanese pop star I believe is the girl I had repeated dreams about as a child long before she had a career is actually indirectly responding to my tweets and is just too busy with her schedule to meet me in person, or if I'm just crazy. You know?

Tbh I don't like Evangelion but I've been trying to find reasons why people like it other than the shit-tier waifus. Redpill me on the battleship at the bottom of the lake. What sort of ship do you think it is? Maybe a Bismark class? It definitely looks WW2.

But what about the log on the bow of the warship in that lake in a hole under the ground below the bottom of the sea?

It's NERV (SEELE) ship. It was in TV too as I remember

And the frog on said log?

Can someone direct me to somewhere that can answer this?

NGE is an old franchise, I'm asking a dumb question. This question, a fucking warship in a lake underground must have been answered.

I can't possibly be the first asshole to ask why theire is a fucking frigate at the bottom of the lake.

there was a snail on tail on the frog on the log on the bow of the warship in that lake in a hole under the ground below the bottom of the sea.

You might be surprised.

Rewatch TV. There is ships in terminal dogma too.

That wasn't a lake before, part of Tokyo Bay was swallowed during the impact that made geofront

Happy?

It was used to run weapon experiments on.

See the nuclear tests during the cold war.

>How did they get it down there?
Mate did you miss the parts when they can move the whole fucking city up and down and reroute the power of entire Japan in matter of hours?
Moving a ship is trivial compared to that.

Definitely a NERV ship, as to why its there, I have no idea. I like to think that maybe it was cheaper than building a missle/gun platform on the lake? Maybe it was intended to just be a distraction if an angel or whatever threat made its way into the geofront?
Like this user said there are ships in Terminal Dogma also.
I doubt they were manned though.
But i think the best explanation is that its just "cool".

Actually to add to this, its probably Anno's love for warships, since almost every character in the series is named after a warship from the Japanese navy of WW2 or some part of a ship

It's the boat that was present for the second impact
Obviously

there are huge destroyers in central dogma. they probably need them to transport even basic infrastructure

Geofront was always there mong

Don't forget that almost all interiors in the show are based on ship interiors. Even the physical layout is similar to what you'd find on a modern carrier.

>find giant hole below japan
>turn hole into self-sufficient watermelon-based-economy soul-harvesting kid-traumatizing human-colony
>can move entire city up and down in matter of minutes
>can make giant robots with psychology major powered engines
>said robots can lift virtually anything with enough teen angst
>can clone dead waifus
>'Hurr durr how put boat in lake?'

best post

I thought the battle was on the surface, not if the geofront.

It is, OP is a retard.

Geofront became surface after a couple n2 nukes

No, it's in the geofront. Seele used an n2 bomb to blow a giant hole in the top of it.