What's gonna happen when she dies you guys

What's gonna happen when she dies you guys
What is Toei gonna do?
Do you think they'll just replace her?
They've stopped having King Kai in Super altogether, do you think they'll cut Goku out somehow? Have him die again?
I'm worried.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gCk6TMOMO6o
deepmind.com/blog/wavenet-generative-model-raw-audio/
youtube.com/watch?v=-J-tQY3hh_A
my.mixtape.moe/wahnph.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe a villain will pull a violent hit on his chest or throat, and from that point onwards his voice will change?

I'm sick of listening to grandma Goku

shit taste

>and from that point onwards his voice will change
lol user
do you know what japan is

Based granny.
She's immortal at this point.

I bet my ass they already have a replacement for when obaasan departs.

>implying they havent vocaloid the fuck out of her already

Keeping consistent voicing is fine. But when all of Goku's extended family has same grandma voice, shit is fucking wrong.

>Mister Satan
>and soon Bulma
Do you?

You can copypast some atatata, but it's impossible to do a new arc just with pre-recorded voices, unless they have the sripts finished for the next arcs

Goku's voice will soon be entirely Youtube Poop quality.

Get a new VA that sounds similar and count on the people watching not being hyper autists.

>Get a new VA that sounds similar and count on the people watching not being hyper autists.
it's not like shonenfags all around the world cares about the original VA, they'll post a pic of Goku crying on a social network and then keep watching their dubs

It sucks but I doubt Toriyama will try to kill Goku off for good again. The franchise makes too much money

I'd choose another voice actress with a slightly deeper voice that can actually work good on a man. So that the difference would be noticeable but not shocking at the same time.

youtube.com/watch?v=gCk6TMOMO6o

They can do it.

I'd go full for a full course correction and make the new VA a man who sounds like a man.

She needs to voice Gohan Blanco before she retires

They'll just replace her with a similar sounding actress. The reception of that actress will either sink the franchise or carry it forward as normal.

They could use wavenet to replicate her voice

deepmind.com/blog/wavenet-generative-model-raw-audio/

She already said that she has a voice bank in case anything happens.

>do you think they'll cut Goku out somehow
that was the plan during the cell saga

average japanese life span is 83.84 years. Source: World Bank 2015

70 years old retirement age is not uncommon. relax bruh.

Literally couldn’t care less if she dies since I watch the dub versions anyway

They should stop being fags and get the Latino dub Goku VA.

>Freeza, an effeminate lipstick space alien, sounds remotely effeminate
>People shit themselves

>Goku is voiced by a literal granny
>No guys its symbolic of his inner purity and childish innocence guys you don't get it its just too refined for you

>grow up watching various DB dubs
>Super is first time hearing original voices
>Masako is best Goku

Dude, I've loved all the Frieza voices.
The Japanese, the old one, and the new one.

Nice strawman.

This sounds retarded yet i think it could totally work

Depends if DB Super continues.

it would be retarded to completely change his voice like that
>muh manly voice
it's only because you got used to it due to seeing the american version first. Almost everyone who grew up with the original voice, japanese or not, agrees that the japanese voice is better.

Meaning, they should find someone who sounds just like her. Especially considering it is suppose to tie in into the epilogue episode of dragonball z, thus having his voice change back and forth would be dumb.

Not to mention his voice is in japan just as iconic as his hair is

That'll probably happen and people will unironically defend it

They'll get a woman to replace her, there's likely a protege that's being trained to make a similar voice to Masako's. There's a lot of women with a similar voice to hers in anime, Nonon's VA comes to mind. Either way, I hope they continue casting grannies for Goku just to trigger the dubfags.

Arai Satomi

i'd fuck her desu

Matsumoto Rica should be an okay replacement for Granny Nozawa.

Holy shit she's 81

Has she ever voiced shonen boys?

Is it weird suggesting Kappei Yamaguchi as her replacement, other than voicing Goku in the Evolution Japanese dub, his Sai Sachi Reminds me of Nozawas Goku.

I expect his replacement will be a Woman but any other male seiyuus who could work but sound like Nozawa or close to.

Nope everybody with functionnal earring agree that the japanese voice is shitty and outdated as fucked
Japanese and their filthy fetish for boy/man with noballs high pitch voice are infurating

Hello crossboarder. Fuck off back to Sup Forums

They're gonna be fucked for gohan and goten's voice also

What about Gohan and Goten?

The bigger question is how the fuck does she do it?
youtube.com/watch?v=-J-tQY3hh_A

I can already see the big whole shitpost on all internet desu

>What is Toei gonna do?
Hire someone with talent instead?

>Goten
Who?

Their voices sound just like Goku's. Goku's new voice actor will just do all three.

Romi Paku. /sarcasm.

Nah, I'd guess they'll separate them when they get around to recasting. Making the entire son family have the same voice actors was clearly a mistake, specially when they have multiple adults around.

Goku's recast likely will attempt to stay as close to Nozawa as they can, while the other two will branch out more.

Wait, people actually watch Dragon Ball subbed?

Why wait if you're gonna shitpost the new episodes

Grandma Goku isn't a very pleasing voice and doesn't fit the character
>Squealing
>ATAYAYAYAYAYAATATATATATATA
>Talks with cotton their mouth

It's very obvious they are just using her bets hits and not having her do it each time she has to force her voice. I don't hate her but she has never fit the character. Dubs Goku is now the best Goku. Early jap Goku was good in acting and range, even if back then I still didn't like the voice for the character. Jap Vegeta and Dub Vegeta are equal and I feel that way for towards the other characters in regards to their dubs and subs counter parts. Goku always sounded like a woman to me, but now that grating sound is intensified and unbearable.

They'll use a replacement. Duh.

my.mixtape.moe/wahnph.webm

I'm sure she has an under study that will take over after her death.

They could just make the english dub the official one

[ohhohoho intensifies]

because she's been doing the job for a long ass time

Wasn't she training some impersonators or something?

Clearly, Grandma can still do shonen boy MC. If Goku was a 14-years-old boy in this scene it would be perfect.

>shit taste

Typical weeb

sean schemmel master race

I don't think so but I think her voice is pretty similar to Masako's

Literally no one does the first you lying sack of shit. Kill yourself.

>What is Toei gonna do
Make Toriyama pick out a new VA

i usually shit on dubs but dub goku is infinitely better than this grandma shit, no idea why they went with her for so long

Replace her

I don't think I've ever seen anyone get mad about Freeza's JP voice actor.

>weeb
Where do you think you are, user?

This would be like replacing one of the Simpson's voice actors.

>americans

Can't they just replace her with soundbites? Not like Dragonball has deep dialogue to begin with it should be pretty easy.

Japan is usually pretty uppity about hanging onto VA as long as possible. Since Goku is such a cash cow they'll probably just get someone to replace her who sounds identical. She might have already picked a successor, really.

>weeb
where do you think you are right now

She will be the new main character, it's obvious.

>if you grew up with the american version it's nostalgia
>if you grew up with the japanese version it's good taste
>the original is always better

Actually, this could probably work. You have what, twenty five years of Dragon Ball? She's been Goku this entire time. That's a lot of dialogue you can just reuse.

Dropped DBS on ep 80, does they retire Bulma character or they changed her VA after the death of Original VA ?

I hope this happens.

DESU this will be an acceptable asspull to explain a voice change, because it means we'll finally be rid of that awful japanese Goku voice.

>he actually fucking got caught by the word filter
How new?

Also, once they recast her they'll recast someone who sounds exactly like her, or at least very similar. They're not going to get anyone who sounds radically different.

Nobody hates Freeza's VA. Everyone loves his HOHOHOHOHO.

I don't care about the wordfilter baka desu senpai.

Man, you're probably right though.

Why can't they just give the male characters decent male voices? God damn it.

A lot of it is because she voiced Young Goku (and almost all of Goku's relatives) and Japan likes to keep VA consistent across ages. IIRC Trunks and Young Trunks are voiced by the same person as well in Japanese,

On the topic of Freiza, his female english VA was suitable due to his androgynous looks. Freezy-pop looked like a lesbian at times.

Nozawa's a fucking legend. Back in the day her Goku voice was still an amazing performance. Now she's well past her prime and needed Black's relaxed tone to remind people she's actually talented. Never should have voiced adult Gohan though, what were they thinking?

The gang is still in space and she hasn't appeared yet.

They'll just get him to do the voice.

Would U6 spinoff work though?

More like Goku is dead for good but someone will take over in a new type of fusion changing his voice.
Goku will still be Goku though.

I don't know or care because dragon ball is garbage for third worlders and looks ugly as shit

Yamaguchi is too old, if Toei has plans to groom a replacement for Nozawa they're most likely looking for someone whom they can wring out of no less than 40 years of Goku.

Dragon Ball sells and is worlds better than your favorite anime. No matter which one is, Dragon Ball will always be remembered more fondly by fans and critics than anything you like.

Just thought I'd remind you.

I personally would love to hear a new take on Goku's voice, maybe by someone like Seki or Yuichi Nakamura.

I don't care about sales though? also, my favorite anime is already remembered fondly in countries around the world.

If you're watching/reading current dragon ball, you have shit taste and you shouldn't care if she dies, because she has done all the good stuff years ago.

Listened to the Jap dub one time, never again. Probably wouldn't have minded it if I didn't grow up with the English dub but that shits just unbearable to me.

I think Nozawa said that she already has a replacement in case that she dies.

Kelamis is better

Dragon Ball doesn't have any good voice performances in any language, including japanese.

Read the manga.

The worst part is that under normal circumstances, this would be insulting to the intelligence to the viewers, but DBZ fans will defend it to the death.

Bro, even the japs are getting kind of sick of it.
Girl voiced male MCs and rando males have been shitting the bed in terms of popularity for the last generation.
At this point, it's simply still going because the people behind the camera in the japanese industra are set as fuck in their ways.

Do you guys know somewhere where I can watch all the seasons and episodes of dragonabll?