Miyazaki openly and publicly talked about how most anime is made for people who are incapable of normal human...

>Miyazaki openly and publicly talked about how most anime is made for people who are incapable of normal human interaction
>Kon made an entire series about how ignoring reality to indulge in fantasies of moe and cuteness is incredibly destructive
Why is it that the best artists in the industry all understand how cancerous the average anime fan is?

That's not what Paranoia Agent is about.

You understand your audience well if you want to get anywhere.

>Missing the entire point of Paranoia Agent completely

Paranoia Agent is about how believing what people tell you at face value is retarded and ruins societies and communities

>the detective's nostalgic, reality blocking fantasy world is constructed entirely out of Marimo dolls
>Satoshi Kon fans ignore the clear message about how that kind of vapid, commercial, baby-ish cuteness is harmful
It's like pottery.

Paranoia agent is about ignoring reality and not taking responsibilities for you own actions

Every main in PA used the main scape goat of the "criminal" to get away from things in their lives, Maromi was just a mascot character of the 1st main and has practically NOTHING to do with the series as a whole or moe culture you retarded brainlet.

gtfo here trying to Tarnish Kon's legacy like this.

Did you even watch paranoia agent?

>Miyazaki
When can we finally forget about that hack?

Maromi was way more significant for the show as a whole than you make out to be.
It wasn't only a scapegoat for its creator, it was a stress reliever and evasion from reality for the entire population.
The entire nation was sick, not just the individual character, and Maromi was the symbol of its sickness.

>Paranoia agent is about ignoring reality and not taking responsibilities for you own actions
Sure. It's also about how certain things, like, say, moe culture, only serve as an escape from reality and do nothing to help you confront it.

>Maromi was just a mascot character of the 1st main and has practically NOTHING to do with the series as a whole or moe culture you retarded brainlet.
Yes, that's why we got an entire episode devoted to the fucking Maromi show.

Thats one of the messages sure but not necessarily the main one

I mean, they aren't wrong.

>Miyazaki
>Kon
>best

>moe culture
You are an idiot.

I never said it was the main one. But just look at the flood of faggots in this thread who are trying to deny that it even exists in the show when it was clearly spelled out.

Most anime fans & otaku are like capeshit fans. Infantile.

the prime demographic is a dead end. The most diehard fans of the current slogfest of seasonal anime will not reproduce. This is just a really shitty slump for the anime industry, but soon only the most successful studios will come out on top while every flop gets their talent swallowed up in the larger conglomerates.

What was your intention when you made this shitty thread? Haven't you had enough cancerous Miyazaki threads throughout the year?

The photoset of the weary old man who looks like he's lived through two world wars talking about how anime about cute girls sell better than anything new or different is honestly a truer and more damning message than anything Miyazaki and Kon said or did, I think. Sad, simple, brutal honesty is more striking than anything.

>It wasn't only a scapegoat for its creator, it was a stress reliever and evasion from reality for the entire population.

...you can't even tell a delinquent with a bat from a big, fluffy, pink dog thing.

what was meant

They were both escapes, you fucking retard. How can you even breathe when you have this much trouble picking up on obvious thematic messages in a cartoon?

You're almost right. Paranoia Agent is more about Sanrio than it is the anime industry. You can argue that the message carries, but Kon clearly wasn't aiming at moe.

Wasn't it about the atomic bomb or whatever?

half this board are shounenfags user, you're not gonna have any luck trying to talk about anything that requires an understanding of english and literature past 9th grade

Talking with Maromi was just a symptom of her schizophrenia, and something (before the complete breakdown of reality) only she did.

No user, a mushroom cloud in the OP doesn't automatically man the anime is about nuclear wepaons.

>I got busted not having seen the anime so now it's expletives and ad hominem time

They just grew up in another time where people had different interests. Nowadays people like things they don't like and they get upset about it. That's all.

It's always been like this with everything.

The detective talked with Maromi too.

There's nothing impressive about having seen an anime when you can't understand the clear message the artist was trying to convey. Are you legitimately retarded?

We unironically need western (not american) audience to fix this

By demanding to shove X "minority" into everything? Because this is the only thing western critics care about.

Please no, don't add western shitty sjw morals to anime. Just hire them for their technical skills.

good thing he said audience and not critics.

Western critics have become retarded, but they were pretty good ten years ago, before SJW-ism became so incredibly rampant. Not that user, just saying.

>implying most audience isn't brainwashed into liking whatever IGN and Rotten Tomatoes tells them to like

Are you for fucking real? Maromi is the key to all of this.

Are you retarded, obsessed, or both?

What he said was that a wider and different audience would help the industry, and what you chose to hear was tumblr nonsense? How can you possibly expect any of your points to be taken seriously when you just make absurd, reactionary responses to anything you think MIGHT be tangentially related to people you don't like?

not recently,
compare the critic and audience scores of the last jedi and bright.

thats the industry's problem,
frankly I feel American audiences are now ready too look to other countries media, now that theirs has made it clear they dont care what they think.

I will say that I've started watching anime recently not because I particularly like it, but just because I'm completely fucking sick of western stuff. It's become pozzed out the fucking ass with MUH PROGRESS and there are maybe a couple good films a year.

>I will say that I've started watching anime recently not because I particularly like it
Sums up neo-Sup Forums pretty well

>compare the critic and audience scores of the last jedi and bright
B-b-but Russian Trolls did that...
>American audiences are now ready too look to other countries media, now that theirs has made it clear they dont care what they think.
>We unironically need western (not american) audience to fix this.

no offense, but the mentality of watching something not because you like but as a statement seems like pretty much the same thing they are doing.

>the clear message the artist was trying to convey
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Jesus, calm down. With "fixing" the current Anime industry I think he didn't mean adding more stuff to the Anime spectrum. It sounded more like replacing current Anime themes with western standards.

A wider and different audience also means tumblr, which is the last thing any sane western otaku would want. It's already a miracle Japan hasn't yet been carpet-bombed by western media for enabling all the pedo pandering and woman objectifying across anime and related mediums. The more exposure to and general knowledge about anime, the higher the chances of this happening.

>Western critics have become retarded
Only american ones really. Here in Europe critics laugh at yours for praising trash like Wonder Woman.

Did I say it was a statement? I'm trying to find good stuff I haven't seen before in spite of not having the best track record with the medium. I've had enough success to make me want to keep going.

I thought the show was about how lying is bad.

>Here in Europe critics laugh at yours for praising trash like Wonder Woman.
Laughing during Ramadan? That's a beheading.

Western standards are all about realism and that goes directly against all the principles of animation.

>Western standards are all about realism
Good one.

>so hurt in his merimutt pride that he steps in to defend his pathetic film critics
Cute.

I'm not the one who heard 'Western audience could help' and chose to hear 'We need more asexual demigirl disabled POC protagonists'.

You are of course aware that tumblr is one of the smallest, most irrelevant blogging platforms out there, correct? And you are equally aware that it's a cannibalistic shithole where lonely teenage girls are more busy trying to virtue signal and morality-police each other over ~~problematic~~ content than actually effecting anything outside their little fandom circles at all?
You being obsessed with tumblr does not make tumblr something worthy of your or anyone elses obsession. At absolute most, tumblrinas will loudly shriek about how they won't buy blu-rays of some problematic series they were never going to buy anyway.

>I've started watching anime recently not because I particularly like it, but just because I'm completely fucking sick of western stuff.
Mein Gott.

>assuming country of residence
This is almost as toxic as assuming genders.

>I've started watching anime recently not because I particularly like it

Have you tried watching or reading mainstream news recently?

SJWs are not just relegated to tumblr, faggot. You can get fired from fucking Google for not believing in the patriarchy now, and Jesus Christ, the sick, sycophantic love for Get Out was the biggest display of SJW dick riding I've ever seen.

Kotaku is not mainstream news.

The post I replied to was bleating about tumblr specifically. I answered about tumblr specifically. I'm sorry if you got confused.

>tumblr is one of the smallest, most irrelevant blogging platforms out there, correct
Not him, but even if you're right, it's hard to deny that a tumbr-like mentality has big influence on hollywood and everything they've been producing in the last few years.
In western cartoons it's like that too, and the same goes for most western videogames.

PA is about procrastination.

What are some examples of tumblr-approved content? Steven Universe? They fucking hate it now. A handful of indie dating-sims featuring trannies? You're just seeing what you want to see so you can think that your rage is justified.

>PA/anime industry thread
>Bitching about tumblr
I fucking hate you people

Yesterday tumblr is today's mainstream western media.

Get Out was pretty much 'Microaggressions: The Motion Picture' and critics sucked its cock like there was no tomorrow.

This happens literally every time some dumbfuck comes up with an idea of "why don't they just try to make anime more popular in the west?" as a solution to whatever without considering the reason why he has to hide his hobbies from everyone around him.

Don't blame me, I reported this thread an hour ago.

As if a couple of critics eager to prove how progressive they are is anything related to tumblr, or is anything new for that matter. Get Out did well because of current racial tensions, and was quickly forgotten in the wake of new controversies.

You sound like one of the people shitting up the place
Your intentions are pure but I doubt it'll come to anything, mods don't give a single fuck

SJWs originate from academia, not tumblr.

>how to boil a frog

>He hides his hobby
Anime is pretty mainstream in some parts of europe. I could take loli Tshirt to campus with zerofucks given

See I think the Sanrio craze has probably died out a bit in Japan, but they're still covered in cute mascots.

I'd kinda agree with you if it wasnt for ghostbusters, amy schumer and jayden's anime.

>he has to hide his hobbies from everyone around him
Seems like that only applies to America. Anime is popular and just like any other entertainment media in Europe and Asia.

>Anime is pretty mainstream in some parts of europe. I could take loli Tshirt to campus with zerofucks given
Stop pretending to be a lost Greek tribe, Tojo.

Best post

I watched the show and liked it, but it would have been better if the character designer had been Aoki Ume.

He could just be an actual Muslim. Mohammed had a nine year old wife, after all.

I hide it because I dont want to attract weeaboos

But drawings of living things, music or books that are not Holy Quran are absolutely haram.

People who think that anime must be up to the same standards as Western cinema and litetature are not aware of the target audience (and I'm not talking about potential consumers in China or America, but rather the people who both work on this industry and consume the products that come from it), which are young and middle-aged Japanese otaku males. These people have no interest in reading Pynchon or watching Tarkovsky films. They only really care about nice visuals/sounds, cute girls, and foremost of all, feeling entertained enough not to think about their real-life problems. Anime has had this exact same target audience throughout most of the existence of the medium, and it should have no reason to change. Why should a group of foreigners' opinions have any effect on a certain country's entertainment medium? I don't see anybody complaining about why Nigerian cinema is not up to par in terms of aesthetics with French cinema, nor why Indonesian music does not properly display as much of a variety of genres as American music. If Japan's otaku lose control over anime, then they will have no medium in which to indulge their fantasies.

>I've started watching anime recently not because I particularly like it, but just because I'm completely fucking sick of western stuff. It's become pozzed out the fucking ass with MUH PROGRESS and there are maybe a couple good films a year.
This literally sums up Paranoia Agent to a T. Well done.

>Muh slippery slope
Yawn, are you one of the people who was shrieking about how feminists were going to destroy Japanese ecchi games over Rapelay a few years ago?

Everyone hated Ghostbusters and it bombed, and Jayden Smith's flash cartoon was a hilariously low-budget shitshow aimed at people too young to have seen and been desensitized to Yugioh The Abridged Series. I don't even think the latter had any SJW content in it unless you consider a black protagonist a deal-breaker.

And in other parts someone will call the police and have you thrown into jail for a good decade or more. The parts where anime is """mainstream""" now will become mudslime shitholes in the next four decades tops, good luck walking fifty steps in anime Tshirt without getting assaulted.

Again, that seems to be an american issue. Nobody gives a fuck elsewhere.

/thread

>His uni doesnt have lolis on PSA boards and official facebook feeds

Actually Im a mongol

>same standards as Western cinema
The only standard for Western cinema is whether it makes money or not.
>have no interest in reading Pynchon or watching Tarkovsky films
>Implying average gaijin does.

>Jailed for over a decade for a loli t-shirt
When has this ever happened?

things have changed in anime,
the hyper masculine violent anime of like the 80s arn't as pronounced anymore.

>Actually Im a mongol
How does it feel being replaced by muslims in a generation if Russians don't nuke you first?

GB flopped. And here's the truth: they only use misogyny as an excuse to deflect away the fact that the product is bad. You see the same thing with ScarJo's GitS.

Meanwhile, Atomic Blonde features a badass female spy curbstorming and outsmarting a bunch of men and there's no screams of muh patriachy because it's a good movie.

>Miyazaki
>best anything
At this point he's just a grumpy senile faggot. Nothing he says has any value anymore.

Wouldnt know,as we barely have any nor does putin have the balls to come over here

Fuck back to

>The most diehard fans of the current slogfest of seasonal anime will not reproduce.

It's a good thing moe fans are made and not born.