Medaka box

Finally got around to it. at chapter 30. i get the feeling this wasn't originally intended to be a battle manga by how much the power level jumped when the enforcers showed up. when does it get good?

Like chapter 5X when Kumagawa shows up and then it's a hit and miss rocky road til the finish.

Reminder that Kumagawa and Ajimu never came back and half of class minus 13 committed sudoku because their lives were so terrible.

I'm one of those weirdos who liked it all the way throughout, but generally people start to like it at the end of the current arc you're reading, which ends around chapter 50-something if I remember right.

I'm nearing chapter 100, gets better in the 40s and then when Kumagawa in around the 50's shows up its gets pretty fun.

Still not really at the levels of quality and fun I expected based on the hype and talk surrounding it, but I'm still only halfway through the whole manga I guess.

>i get the feeling this wasn't originally intended to be a battle manga
I hate how idiots that don't know Nisio always spout this

*when Kumagawa shows up

seriously nothing came out of this. it was pointless

Something totally did.

It gets pretty interesting once Kumagawa shows up, but if you don't care about Medaka or Zenkichi now then you might as well drop it.

>idiots that don't know Nisio always spout this

nigga they went from having a swim meet with some rich kids that were doing mildly dangerous things to win to a genius 9 year old that uses bouncy balls and gun powder to "put people in the nurses office". who also has lackeys that use chains and claws to punish the student body.

im sorry if i didn't think the transition there was a smooth as it could have been

It was all part of the meta-narrative that Hitoyoshi was the second MC. Even though he didn't have an Abnormality, his status still influenced the narrative and the world around him.

chapter 55 or something when Kumagawa first appears. That's when it starts getting great.

his arc finishes up around chapter 90 or so IIRC. then it's pretty meh afterwards

he's a nisio dick sucker.

pretty sure everyone knew he was the second MC

never read this, but I see it getting memed all the time
is it actually worth reading/watching?

no. bye.

I like to think the whole story deals with extremely bland, but some of the cast members are so chuuni they make it out to be some grand adventure.

It was to show that Medaka's abnormality played a big part in Zenkichi being able to "keep up" with Medaka. Her abnormality marked him as someone special, despite being a Normal, and affected the world around them to keep him close. This is explained when Ajimu introduces five other Normals to Medaka's group and everything goes to shit..

nice headcanon

sasuga speedreader

As you get further into the story, it'll become more and more obvious that the whole thing is a cheeky meta-narrative that uses tangible equivalents of battle manga cliches as plot elements, akin to pretty much everything else NISIO writes. For that reason, a lot of people think the jarring genre shift was intentional, because it's such a common thing in battle manga.

I read this primarily for Zenkichi and I walked away pleased for the most part.

Best boy.

These threads were wild