What's the disappointing 2017 series you experienced this year?

What's the disappointing 2017 series you experienced this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappointment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought TFA raped the franchise harder than was even possible. Now I think twice.

It cannot be anything other than bahamut S2 for all of Sup Forums.

Fate Apocrypha

Your pic.

This thread

Kemono Friends

Kino fucking sucked.

Probably Re:creators.
Missed potential: the series.

Why did Re:CREATORS attracted so many fateniggers and shonenbabbies?

you're favorite one

Made in Abyss
The characters were shit and it was just only shock factor and pedobait

Gamers!

hey,Sup Forums army.....yuju! anybody? hello?

houseki no kuni being janky 3DCG instead of glorious 2D animation

Gamers, the misunderstandings got old halfway through

*the most disappointing*

That's three quarters of the board

For this season specifically, Two Car. That final episode, they just went back to what they were doing in the beginning even the coach got fucked and was dumped. It was all for nothing! There was almost no racing. I really liked the middle episodes (Teams Compensated Dating and BDSM) but it never got as good after it. On top of that, they kind of set up the final where they lose the race, but become the better persons in the process, but they fucked it up too by making them win (and not making them better persons since they didn't actually change). And two of the teams didn't even get their episodes and some people looked forward to them the most.
Of course then there were Seiren and Re:Creators, those were really rough, coincidentally both ruined by a single character. Every fucking scene without Meteora was like a breath of fresh air. Tsuneki wasn't reallybad, it was just annoying they kept showing her everywhere. At least with Re:Creators I liked Setsuna backstory episodes and episode 21, so I guess it was positive in the end, but still the amount of potential wasted was huge, they made an anime like 1/3 as cool as it could have been (and it's not even that bad in the end, but just think what could have been).

I don't understand.

OP's sentence is also correct.

Shingeki no Bahamut sequel

Literally destroyed the characterization from the first season. Fuck Japan

"Dissapointing"? Kekkai Sensen.
Many shows sucked but I really wasn't expecting anything from them.

This. What a shit sequel that just ruined every character from Genesis to help elevate the retarded MC's and muh Cheerios' romance.

Little Witch Academia (TV)
Its a pure garbage & fucking disgrace over the OVAs

Sagrada reset.

Kado, what a train wreck. I'm surprised I was the first to mention it.

Recreators too, although I dropped that. So anything original this year kind of sucked.

Oh god was the LWA TV series this year? I'm changing my answer to that then.

Yes, it airs on January.

The new Kino no Tabi.

I don't understand how LWA still has fans after that. It just failed in every way possible.

Kado imploded spectacularly in the last third, and Kujira no Kora ruined an amazing setting and visuals with its bland characters and some of the worst pacing in history.

Dies Irae

God why, i just wanted to enjoy something plain

Every time I don't watch a Trigger show because I expect it to be terrible (because it's Trigger) I feel like a real asshole for not giving it a chance, but then it turns out I was right all along.

LWA attracts tumblr.
Yes, the posters that you see on LWA thread is almost all of them are tumblrfag.

Why would you feel like an asshole? They haven't done anything to warrant a chance.

>LWA
>Sakura Quest
I have high hope for those two. But none of them deliver.

Kinda disappointed with Ballroom too, but let's be real, Ballroom difficulty is on another level compared to the average anime.

1st. Bahamut S2
2nd LWA TV
3rd Fate A

Kado was the most disappointing fror me, but I still like it.

>having expectations for Apoc

Boruto. After seeing first genuinely good writing from Kishimoto since Zabuza arc in the movie, the anime turned out to be a boring as shit soulless cashgrab on gullible fanbase. They threw away all the possible build-up for characters to go into new interesting directions and made every kid a recolored version of their more prominent parent then put them in filler plots so standard, they probably have an MS Excel templates to write them.

This.

>People more disappointed by LWA than Re:Creators
What shit-taste. At least LWA is enjoyable, rather than a meta-fictional commentary that drags into a horrendous slog more often than not.

>LWA
>Unlikable Protagonist
>Unlikable Side character
>Shit Villain
>Shit Plot
>Shit Writting
>Shit Ending
>Enjoyable

Watched original Kino last year because of how much Sup Forums praised it, and barely managed to finish watching it, it had at much two good episodes.
I watched the new Kino and is exactly the same, I still don't get what you guys were expecting.

>LWA
>Unlikable Protagonist
For you
>Unlikable Side character
For you
>Shit Villain
Fine
>Shit Plot
Wrong
>Shit Writting
Couldn't possibly be more wrong
>Shit Ending
Completely wrong as well
>Enjoyable
It is

This was the year of broken dreams. Next year could be the greatest year or the worst year in anime.

>Watching LWA for the plot

>wrong
For you. Idiot.

This show was so damn bad.

With the ovas, they had so much to work with and expand their world and lore. Yet they fuckedbup the anime. I did like it but it could have been so much more.

Kino, if you disagree you don't understand what disappointing means.

There you go, here's the answer.

You need to have some hopes for a show to be disappointed in it in the first place, and it was rather obvious Re:Creators wouldn't be good

No. Likableness of characters is subjective, quality of plot and writing aren't and LWA has good both.

>For you
Akko is the most Annoying MC in this year & everyone who isnt a tumblrfag agree with this
>For you
OVA Diana & OVA Sucy are more interesting Than TV

>Wrong
>Show about witches
>Shown edgy Sup Forums plot instead

>Shit Writting
>Shit Ending
>Enjoyable
At this point, my guess that you are tumblrfag who have a shit taste is right.

There is bare minimum metafiction in Re:Creators

>fate mentioned 2-3 times

Are you retarded? This show was EXACTLY the par for fate.

>stupidly OP often asspull MC (sieg)
>obnoxious female counterpart (jannu)
>other stuff full of a cocky villain/antagonist and servant battles

LWA works better when it's driven by the character's growth, adding a plot was dumb. It works better as stand alone adventures.

>Likableness of characters is subjective, quality of plot and writing aren't

Only character that actually had growth was Diana. It's even worse when you consider that character growth for Akko was literally a plot point as well, but none of it stuck.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappointment

Oh look, it's that one guy throwing around tumblr as an insult again.

Re:Creators
Bahamut: Virgin Soul
Kino
Made in Abyss
Kado

>one
Go back to tumblr.

Fuuka because of this end scene bullshit. It also rewrote almost all the moments that made fuuka likeable and so instead of this quirky fun character you enjoy for being odd and cheerful you get a kind of pretentious I'm better than you character and never even really explain how they end up together or why they would.

We can have both growth and plot. They had growth when akko sucked and little by little she was getting better. They had plot in the ova about SC and the evil witch in the second ova.trigger just fucked up the anime like they always do putting in complicated and retarded plots and twist. Made akko more retarded though her yays were cute.

You seem to be very obsessed with it, did nobody subscribe to your blog or something?

It's pretty funny how every single newfag these days seems to post smug anime reactions when they get called out. Is it written on some "how to fit in on Sup Forums" guide on reddit or something?

Blame LWAfag or Triggerfag
Seriously, Blame them.

Honestly, this.

>newfag
I don't see your smug reaction image though.

At least they dont post shitty doge or feels memes no more. Also the ironic shit posting got better. They were dark time.

>now going for "no u"
And I guarantee you would've posted another one if I didn't point out your stereotypical newfag behavior already. I miss when newfags lurked instead of being enormous faggots.

Only newfags complain about newfags you fucking retard, and the louder they complain, the newer they are.

Are you being retarded on purpose now?

Newfags havnt lurk since 2010

It has cute girls. Amanda/Diana didn't stop being cute even after they were animated like shit and written terribly.

Feels? Now they just post Wojak with a deformed cranium.
The brainlet meme is easily the worst meme this site has ever produced.

Does she marry him? She's blushing, her body is being honest.
Can't fight the overbite

Do people really think the retard frog and feels are funny? It just looks stupid and not in a fun stupid way like gondola.

It takes over 20 chapters in the manga and 10 episodes in the anime before anything "shocking" happens. And the story never mislead you to believe that the abyss wasn't a horrible and dangerous place.

Kazuma/Nisio is a hentai and a scum

Would not marry

Made in Abyss ended up being kind of boring and mild, compared to how much the manga readers hyped it up.

Op pic. Just the ending though. It pisses me off only meteora got a good ending while everyone else either died a dogs death, got written out of the story for the sole reason the creative staff had no fucking idea what to do with the (shark), or wound up in a magical food processor

Magane is the resident sequel bait

Gal Gohan. No matter what expectations you had for it, it was still a disappointment.

Manga fags always overhype their anime adaptations, always.

Sweet loli soup.

Plenty of disappointment this year, for various reasons.

Inuyashiki could have been good if it weren't for the author.
Re:Creators had a shitty premise but could have been good because of the author. Alas, it wasn't.
Clockwork Planet had a promising setting but nothing to back it up.
Kakegurui could have been a good gambling anime if it had managed to create just a bit of tension.
Kado was great until it betrayed its premise and self-destructed in the last three or four episodes.
Virgin Soul might not have been worse than the aforementioned shows in and of itself, but shat all over its prequel and established characters.

Sure, but usually they overhype the quality of the series, I'm used to that. But in this case they overhyped the dark nature of it, which lead to it feeling pretty bland overall. Maybe more shit happens later in the manga, I've avoided the threads to not get spoiled so idk.

Does DB Super count?

Bullshit. How could you be disappoint with a series that everybody expected to be shit and fail, never to be heard of again?

I watched it after the Kadokawa thing, thinking that anons would have a strong reason to be so angry, and KF was actually a master piece.

It was hyped to heavens after four or five episodes

People couldn't accept the memes and designs carried the show more than itself

Because I expected it to be one of the biggest clustefucks I've ever seen after episode 1.

Of the shows I was looking forward to Bahamut was the most disappointing.

Re:Creators sounded like it could have been interesting/fun but was just kind of meh all around.

Kino was meh on its own and abysmal when compared to the original. I had low hopes

Kado was the most disappointing show to me since it was one of the only shows that I was genuinely interested in during spring. It completely dropped the ball in the last few episodes.

Regalia. I felt it had some potential to be decent, but my hopes weren't very high. Given they took it off air in order to prevent the animation from falling apart I took it as a sign the producers thought the show had a chance of actually being great. Obviously that was not the case. What a pile of trash it turned out to be, though it looked decent at least.

>watch first 2 episodes with no prior knowledge of LN
>"well this doesn't look like the worst thing ever"
>*CLANG*
>"maybe they'll learn that this is a noise hazard and get rid of it later down the road"
>*CLANG spamming still present in youtube clips of latest episodes 6 months later*