Name a better episode of anime

I'll wait

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.evageeks.org/Gendo_Pose
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Boku no Pico episode 1, easily.

My Op Can't Be This Homosexual: OVA omake

What anime first implemented the hands-in-front-of-the-mouth-so-we-don't-have-to-animate-talking move?

Lucky Star ep. 9

"Animate" an open mouth frame and a closed mouth frame synced to the dialog? Of all the things Evangelion cut corners on, I doubt this was one of them. Gendo was probably meant to look like that from the very beginning, and now it's iconic.

Magma diver was better

wiki.evageeks.org/Gendo_Pose

Combattler V

Someday in the Rain.

>rare deployment of secret nazi weapon, the V4 "waffenwindmill", 1945 (colorized)

SSR episode 5

Ballad of Fallen Angels

Such symbolism here
Gendo carrying the cross of man's sins, but it will be for his own benefit in the end.
Gendo truley is the anti christ

Welp there you go

What do imagine it was like Sup Forums?

Imao is this a real frame? Based nips.

user...don't.
Anno put that there because he thought it would be cool.
That's all.
He's an edgy pseudo intellectual twat who wants to bang his parents.
That's all.

At least episodes 15 and 24 are better. But if I think about the question really seriously, if I have to pick out one episode that impressed me more than the rest of the show it would be that episode of Ergo Proxy where they're stranded without wind.

Bbbuut-
Muh cross
Muh Christianity judeo Greco Roman Egyptian Korean life preserver history class.
Well in the end it was unintended still works for his narritive.

True bliss
The final release

Fuck that episode 3 was the best. It features the most iconic Tokyo Tower scene to date.

To animate talking, the bare minimum you'd need would just be two or three drawn mouths and that's it. It doesn't cost more to animate mouths despite whatever Youtuber you got that from says.

1 frame is cheaper than 3 frames.

Yeah it's an excuse to use a still and call it a scene.

I imagine it was kind of like a drunk date where both parties somehow lose control and try to fuck the other one into unconsciousness. Several orgasms during and lots of crying and talking about parents and past traumas afterwards. Then there's like a "breakup" the next day, but you end up even more attached than you were originally.

D E A T H O F T H E A U T H O R

Did he ever use cross/religious symbol in connection with people? It always seemed with angels/evas.

Episode 24, 25, and 26.

Any episode of Sopranosor The Wire

Episode 15 of Eva itself, it's a quiet one, not much seems to happen and thus it's underrated, but it's the one episode upon which the whole show pivots.

>Best 90s anime > Best 00s American cable

Death of The Authour is PoMo bullshit.

Anyway, it's true that Anno chose religious iconography largely to give the show a particular aesthetic, but it's also true that Lilith is supposed to be a parallel to God. Anno probably had the Monolith from 2001: A Space Odessey in mind when he came up with Lilith, but you have to remember that the Monolith was inspired by God, so the link to religion is there.

Since you ask

The deathnote episode where light had to kill the women who gave him a fake name.