Violet Evergarden

Almost two weeks until the first episode airs! Visiting Tokyo in January, so hope to watch the premiere and see if all the hype does this justice.

Other urls found in this thread:

kyotoanimation.co.jp/event/comiket93/
youtube.com/watch?v=G5zc7Rk-1XE
youtube.com/watch?v=qe_od5r9Nhg
mao.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime3/1509688641
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You are too late, if you have visited in begining of month you could have watched first 3 episodes already.

Go away, shill.
Nobody cares about Not!Seibaah

I know Franxx PV looks like ass and you are disappointed but that is no reason to sperg about in better shows threads.

>2A849114-BFF3-4FD9-AFE3-AB9B3899AFD3.jpg
smelly dumb phoneposting scum

KyoAni will be on Comiket at 29th, so probably will see more stuff about their current shows/movies as well hopefully announcements for new anime.

kyotoanimation.co.jp/event/comiket93/

Fuck off falseflagging cunt

Says the falseflagger.

HOW

New PV

youtube.com/watch?v=G5zc7Rk-1XE

Why do Kyoani fags always start beef with other studios?
First Shaft now Trigger?

ヴァイオレット エヴァーガーデン 11000 results on Youtube

Over 5.000.000 views for PVs in total on official KyoAni channel only.

How can anything even compete?

It is the opposite. KyoAni has no need to start beef with anyone, since they are objectively superior studio enjoying absolute hegemony. Its the sore losers and fans of those loser studios that come to challenge KyoAni in futile attempt to vent their frustrations and envy.

The response of a typical kyoani false flagger

The VEG "starter pack" that will be sold in Comiket

I love Yui Ishikawa’s voice. Half of the reason I watched through Heroic Age while it was airing was Deineira

I kinda dont. She is not quite what i imagined novel Violet to be, but she still is ok.

I think I came a little

I find the casting a bit off in general. Hodgins of course should've been voiced by Fujiwara rather than Koyasu, and Gilbert's voice is a bit too...soft, though Namikawa is capable of going lower. And Cattleya sounds too motherly.

Violet Evergarden spin off about other Auto Memmories Doll, set place 2 years before events of VEG

youtube.com/watch?v=qe_od5r9Nhg

So her mechanical hands extend almost to shoulders. Nice detail.

"Major, please leave me behind." If releasing her and letting her fall to the ground would make things easier, since it was him, he would definitely be able to overcome the situation.

"I told you not to let go." Gilbert shook his head. His grip on her remaining arm and torso grew even stronger. He then raised his other, prosthetic hand from above the train.

The dying man laughed. He had most likely concluded that the embracing pair had chosen to die together.

"Major… then, please, do not go anywhere."

The shotgun was aimed at them.

"Please, stay by my side. I do not mind however you treat me. I simply want to be with you. That is all. Nothing else… is necessary. Major, I-"

She had learned how to write and could speak countless words, yet they would not properly come out in front of the person she truly cherished.

"-want to be together with you."

Then they died.

Nah, they parted again since she`s still a soulless monster that just wants to serve, while he wants her to actually return his love - which she is still unable to do.

>“Would it be no good if it were someone else? Even if it’s hard now, he will definitely become just a memory one day, so while there’s still time…”

>“No… no.” It was almost as though she were proclaiming war against everything that lived. “Major Gilbert Bougainvillea is the only one for me.”

Loyal waifu.

Based Netflix producing a Netflix original show for streaming.
Violet Evergarden now has the Netflix original show label and will be seen by millions and be popular.
Thank you, based Netflix, for saving anime.

(you)

Netflix is great and produces quite some original shows to look forward to, mostly in Spring. Its doing god`s work, really. However VEG is not one of them, Netflix merely bought non exclusive streaming rights for west and is not involved in VEG production.

Another shitty overhyped kyoani?
10/10 anyway because good visual!!!! hahahaha

Is it a trait of every idiot to be compulsed to expose their idiocy to internet?

Sounds like a perfect role for Ishikawa.

well since you're doing it, why shouldn't someone else?

Genuine fans worshiping the work they await since they know the story and whats involved in it > retarded shitposters comming to threads to vent their insecurities

Netflix will likely release it weekly in the west too. So no need to specifically fly to japan to watch the premiere my dude.

Netflix will release it in west at once at Spring. Not that it matters, since it`ll be shown in 5 japanese TV channels as well other streaming services in China etc.

So there is pretty much no reason to wait for Netflix, will just have to be subbed old way instead of ripping from CR or elsewhere.

i watched the early screening and it isn't whatever mythical anime you think it will be
not unless the amazing stuff happens much later, but generally when that's the case with a show, you can see hints of the greatness in the early episodes as well. anyone who watched the animation in evangelion's first three episodes could tell there were great minds behind it

i would say this show is just another kyoani show. if you liked all the past ones you'll like it too

True story, bro.

Aside the fact wether what you said is true or not - you are baiting by comparing VEG to NGE. The types of show have litterally nothing in common.

VEG is English Patient of anime. A story doesnt have to be hallucinogenic pretentious trainwreck to be good.

I read the novels and its a very solid and straightforward tale that does what it intents perfectly. As far first episodes go, KyoAni rearranged novel order to make first three eps introduction to violet past and how she became to be the AMG - as opposed Novels, where it is revealed episodically and very late. But alas, you did not seen anything VEG other than character introduction. Plus, the reactions of japanese who actually watched the first 3 eps differ very from your implied - indicating KyoAni successfully execute the novel impacts in anime.

>VEG is English Patient of anime. A story doesnt have to be hallucinogenic pretentious trainwreck to be good.

a story does have to be good to be good though

those are either cherrypicked or just fake, you can search evergarden reactions yourself on 2ch or twitter and it's not pages and pages of glowing praise

And it is. (as opposed to NGE)

You are an idiot troll and should feel ashamed. Those are exactly the traslations of twitter messages at moment of prescreening.

There is also no 2ch. Its called 5ch now, and i was there in threads as well and while before prescreening they had contrarian attitude just like trolls there, feedback from people who went to it confirmed its great and unlike haters here, they are not as ignorant to act idiotically in face of facts - and fact is, everyone who watched it confirms its good (plus, japanese unlike Sup Forums actually read the novels, where here no one bothers even though they are translated)

you've made the show a strange hill to die on
"violet evergarden is better than NGE" will surely not negatively affect people's expectations and cause the show to be assblasted out of Sup Forums. surely

Just about anything with decent writing is better than NGE. Writing is not NGE strength, Anno is not exactly a talented genius and neither is good writer, nor actually did sensible symbolism. He made a "cool" show, thats about it.

mao.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime3/1509688641

>ヒロインの個別スレが「襲いかかって惨殺されたい」で埋まるのが見える
A perfect representation of the kind of person who watches kyoani shows

Why would anyone want to read some shitty light novel when the point of those light novels is to be made into an anime?

>Genuine fans worshiping the work
cringe

>377 Nanase Production Committee 2017/12/10 (Sun) 23: 20: 50.97 ID: neCnSVuH
>Although I got impressions on Twitter,
>it seems that it is going to be a truly outrageous work with only impressions of the usual tendency of Kyo animation works as much as the impression that the drawing is amazing, it is terrible

Just counting the japanese/chinese novels i read around 50 ongoing titles right now. Depending on language and how much effort writer puts into novel it can be a lot more rewarding than reading manga adaptation or anime, or just as you said - rudimentary script to be adapted to anime (as much of Japanese shitty ln writing).

VEG can be adapted to anime pretty straightforwardy content wise, without cutting much narration and details - however it does have advantage of good author`s language, poetic to a degree and standing out from generic writing. Similarly, reading Nishio Ishin is absolutely worth comparing to anime because Nishio`s main quality is language (as opposed to say Narita, who`s language is pretty simplistic and anime is superior).

Just like Sup Forums. " i didnt read nor watch it, but i think.."

Thankfully, Nips switched from that trolling to telling KyoAni will butcher the novel with original stuff and rearrangements.

Talking about it, we still have no confirmation that KyoAni will not actually tame down all the gory scenes in the novel. Novel writing is quite explicit and has more graphic scenes than Second Raid even. So far KyoAni tries not to show anything of the combat/violence scenes in PVs, aside from split second frames of Violet with an axe and on train roof.