Blu-ray Disc Ranking, December 18-24

I don't know about Houseki no Kuni Season 2 guys, these seem like pretty tepid numbers. Made In Abyss got the same numbers but that second box set is like 3 times more expensive...

Is the matsu boom over?

Nice to see Princess Principal still doing decently.

>just because

How did that bullshit sell well?

>Despicable Me 3
>Cars 3
>Moana
>Sing
I never knew those were japanese animu.

>well
Less than 2k for the first volume is shit

You're missing DVDs, Houseki no Kuni sold 6284 if you add them and Osomatsu sold 10321.
>Made In Abyss got the same numbers but that second box set is like 3 times more expensive
And it also contains 3 times more episodes

>New Game!! v4 - 2,513
Big drop for NG

>not even 5,000 sold
>8th

SALES

IN

ABYSS

Made in Abyss's 2nd box set is 1,000 Yen cheaper than the 1st box set on Amazon.

Not sure where you got the "2nd box is 3 times more expensive" from.

someanithing on suicide watch.

Based drifters!!!

Compared to other sets.

In total it's actually cheaper, since they have 6+7 episodes in the 2 box sets, rather than 2 episodes per volume compared to other series. Something like $250 for MiA's collection vs. $300 for other anime?

Yeah I don't know. That's all I could think of.

So many shows under 4k lately.

Can someone explain to me why sales matter so much? Is it a Japanese culture thing like I've been led to believe?

>im@s only 6k
>sunshine is 41k
And you faggots still saying im@s sold better

>it's almost like sales numbers means more seasons

Remember how everyone wanted p&sg S2 but it's been almost a decade?

Good sales mean better odds of getting another season (although it's not 100%). Although recently BD sales are starting to mean less.
As far as Sup Forums is concerned, sales don't matter because an extreme (emphasis on this word) minority of Sup Forums actually buys BDs. Thesethreads are typically just Sup Forums inspired shitpost fests.

It's an Sup Forums thing.
It makes anons feel better about their taste in anime.

Where are the dvd sales numbers?

Some of these came put on the 22/23th, so if they're still ranking decently chances are that next week they'll add 700/800 BDs more.

Because selling BD/DVD is the main goal of anime production. If your anime sold less than ~5k on average you can forget about getting new seasons, unless it's some long-running shounenshit or something that has other huge sources of income.

Hooray
Another stalker thread to fall for the Kemono curse

Last thread did not even reach 190 post and you want to start a new one without waiting a week at least?

>Kemono curse
Is this how an influx of newfags that don't know anything about anime industry called now?