Cartoons VS anime

I once more was thinking and came to the same conclusion.
Cartoons are shit.
I decided to watch ok k.o. because some cartoons fanboys where raving about it.
The conclusion was the same it was shit for kids and I lost interest.

However why is this so?
Why can I watch anime practically about anything
>ice skating
>singing
>basketball

And they are still engaging?
Lets leave the technical details aside like the fact that most cartoons look like they are drawn by 5 year old's (ok k.o. ;power puff girls) who have their heads broken(Dexter's Laboratory). And lets focus on the plot.
Most cartoons (yes there are exceptions to this) fail to have a engaging plot and revolve on something that gets extremely boring really fast.

Most anime (yes there are exceptions to this) on the other hand have plots that are interesting and a story that actually develops.
Cartoons and especially cartoon network cartoons don't have this.

So most cartoons look like they are made with zero effort (look like they are drawn by 5 year old's who have their heads broken) and have a animistic plot in them that revolves around one core or more more humiliatingly only one central joke:
Dexter's Laboratory = Boy genius has secret lab sister destroys it.
Inspector gadget = Idiot inspector who everyone thinks is smart, his niece saves the day every time with her book_computer hacking skills.

If you have seen 5 episodes you have seen the whole show.
This is because most cartoons are made for children(5~10) and a simplistic forced plot line is great to keep them interested and understanding the show.

What do you think of cartoons and why are cartoons so bad in the plot department?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E0zEEJfZ5og
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off

Why?
I'm only asking.

>implying mongolian cartoons aren't cartoons

Holy fuck, kill yourself.
The answer to all your questions is that you're fucking autistic and need to kill yourself.

>cartoons made for kids are made for kids wtf
user...

They are all hand drawn animation.
However there is a difference between the structuring.
It has become custom to say
Cartoon to refer to western produced hand drawn animation.
and
Anime to refer to Asiatic produced hand drawn animation.

Of course this is only customary and one could equally say western anime or Japaneses cartoon.
Its a short hand to not say:
western produced hand drawn animation is shit
VS
Cartoons are shit

or
Why can I watch Asiatic produced hand drawn animation practically about anything
VS
Why can I watch anime practically about anything

Digimon is for kids.
Still has better plot line and a engaging story VS most cartoons.
Explain this!

Your post is to short so I did not read it.
Try writing a 20+ page essay.

Cartoons are for very young audiences who haven't form their judgment and standards.
And also for mentally crippled teens... hence why tumblr and deviantart loves Cartoons so much.

Cartoons are low quality garbage, with minimalistic designs to hide the massive lack of artistic talent of westerners.

Some shows like Sponge Bob, Invader Zim, Courage the cowrdly Dog are good tho.

The problem is cartoons nowadays don't have a guaranteed chance of a regular schedule unless you're Teen Titans GO. It's not easy to set up a running story when the television networks air things irregularly and in whatever order they want.

Cartoons might have been somewhat good ages ago but now it's all shit. But more importantly are you autistic by any chance? Don't mean anything bad by it just genuinely asking.

Excellent post.
However I have found that even kids anime can have a engaging story or try to get something across.
Like Digimon.
Do Japaneses studios give some care to their works even if its only a kids show?
Because I get the impression that in cartoons no one is giving a shit really.

>Rick and Morty

can ANIME even compete?

No.
I'm not autistic.

youtube.com/watch?v=E0zEEJfZ5og
I fail to find anything engaging in this show.
Its mostly the same tripe.

Nihilistic genius is nihilistic.
Really not engaging for the most part.
Meh for the most time.

The only reason people keep comparing the two is that they're both animation, even though they have nothing in common besides that, and the only reason any debate exists about the superiority of anime is because of nationalists, childhood nostalgiafags who can't let go, and people who are just ignorant in general.

Well they're not.

Is this the /av/ general? Wait that came out wrong. Is this the /va/ general? Fuck sake again. Is this the Sup ForumsSup Forums general?

>that they're both animation,
This is true.
And its hand drawn animation not CGI who has different standards.

>even though they have nothing in common besides that
They are both works of fiction and have a coherent narrative, most of them.

I can analyze the narrative and story of cartoon VS a live action show like for example
Star Trek TOS VS Star Trek TAS (star trek shows BTW).

Or I can make come prisons with literal works who also have a story.

> because of nationalists
I don't understand this are you saying there is a large percentage of Japaneses nationalists who shill for anime in English on the internet or ... ???

In my experience its cartoon fans who are
>RAW RAW America is the best no foreign animu shit! Only cartoons!

>childhood nostalgiafags who can't let go, and people who are just ignorant in general.
I like this explained.

Cartoons were meant to showcase animation, not really tell a story. Or at least an ongoing story. Anime had less animation, but more of an ongoing story. To be honest, you just described most kids during the anime boom of the mid-late 90's. Most American cartoons were 'eh' to me, but anime pulled me in with the continuing story and subversion from western cartoons (IE seeing the bad guy become a good guy and remaining a good guy throughout).

This thread gave me cancer.

They're both animated fiction but beyond that they are so fundamentally different from each other that in a sane world people wouldn't bother comparing them. Anime is much closer to live action movies than anything else.

>I don't understand this
I mean American nationalists shilling for cartoons.

>I like this explained.
They have such a nostalgic attachment to cartoons they watched as children that they'll defend them to an irrational extent, like claiming they're better than anime. But I don't know if this is common, most people are probably just nationalists.

>Anime is much closer to live action movies than anything else.

So you're probably a teenager who only watches battle shounen.

This is a non sequitur and in any case I am right.

>memecenter
>western shit
What the fuck are the mods doing?