In just seven months the entire world is going to be raving about what an amazingly fucking awsome character Alita is

>In just seven months the entire world is going to be raving about what an amazingly fucking awsome character Alita is

Other urls found in this thread:

goboiano.com/anime-industry-faces-animator-shortage-crisis-that-could-damage-future-productions/
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=calendar&last.anime.year=1988&last.anime.month=13&do.last.anime=Show&do=calendar
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=calendar&last.anime.year=2018&last.anime.month=13&do.last.anime=Show&do=calendar
anichart.net/Winter-2008
anichart.net/Winter-2018
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_in_video_gaming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And that's why you social rejects hate it.

>that CG abomination
>doing anything but flopping spectacularly

lmao

>implying the film wouldn't tank, regardless of quality
Look at Blade Runner 2049 and Ghost in the Shell. People don't really care for cyberpunk in film.

Add to that the almost uncanny valley effect these eyes have in live action, and the appeal shrinks even further.

Poor man's Violet Evergarden

I can't wait for normalfags and Sup Forums to shitpost in here once more just like GiTS movie.

Bladed Runner 2049 was incredible, Gits with Scarjoe was crap.

she's not so bad but they could have thrown in some other android features on the head/neck area instead of doing just the eyes

You people need to come to grips with facts: the anime industry is dying and Western CGI is your only salvation that doesn't involve a North Korean slave camp in China.

This. Considering how badly GitS flopped even with an A-lister like ScarJo, it's a miracle that they even continued with Alita.

2049 wasn't a smash hit though. Maybe not a flop, but the user's right. Cyberpunk just isn't mainstream.

Gally looks awful, the movie is probably going to suck and either way it's going to induce a fuckton of shitposting.

Whatever, post Erika.

Just market it as a Kung Fu flick starting a girl robot and you made bank.

There's still time to do that.

>with facts
Source of said facts? Because all signs seem to point to the anime industry still profiting. And no, the industry isn't dying just because it's not making shit you like.

goboiano.com/anime-industry-faces-animator-shortage-crisis-that-could-damage-future-productions/

IT IS DYING.

That might not be a bad thing. The industry needs less series per year (and even season) of much higher quality.

T-t-the anime indurey is daayaann!

>According to The Association of Japanese Animations, an industry group representing about 100 anime production companies, in 2016 the anime industry reached an industry income milestone of 2.9 trillion yen (about $25.5 billion US) for the first time in history.

>The group calculates business done in 9 areas, including movies, television shows, home video distribution, and overseas distribution. According to the AJA, overseas movie distribution and overseas home video distribution accounts for about 767.6 billion yen (about $6.8 billion US) in sales, while the next biggest category, character goods, accounts for about 562.7 billion yen (about $5 billion US) in sales

>The AJA states that the increasingly diverse methods of enjoying Japanese animation domestically and abroad spur the industry's continued growth, citing live concerts, voice actor events, and mega-popular movies such as Makoto Shinkai's your name. as examples. ACA vice-committee chairman Hiromichi Masuda noted that as a result of in-roads into overseas markets, it's possible that the size of the industry will expand even further in the future.

>Gally looks awful, the movie is probably going to suck and either way it's going to induce a fuckton of shitposting.
if Cameron was still directing i would have had hope
but Robert Rodriguez doesn't make good movies, just kids movies. he'll probably ruin the movie by trying to make it to much of a cartoon

Yes, they've been saying that for the past decade now.

The article seems to present the solutions already: don't produce shit for the chinks. Less projects = less manpower needed. Sure, I don't deny that there is an issue with the animators' pay, among many other problems with the anime industry, but for the most part, so do other industries. They've got their skeleton in their closets too but as long as they still profit, an industry is still considered 'not dying'.

You are so ignorant

>industry full of underpaid talent
>no new blood coming in
>That might not be a bad thing.

Congratulations, you just took gold in the mental gymnastics for the final event of 2017! How does it feel? What will you do next?

>no new talent coming in, current talent is underpaid, profits are increasing
Yeah, sure, guy.

I didn't say it was going to be a immediate death. Low pay and dying workers will eventually kill it.

>there are "people" in this thread not liking the Tim Burton's Alita

So, what do you call an industry with no new talent coming in to replace the old dying or retiring talent, then?

>Low pay and dying workers will eventually kill it.
Yeah, I heard that decades ago, tool. Been wondering how many more decades I need to wait for your 'I told you so'.

Actual Manga waifu >>>>> Light novel slag.

Blade Runner's middling performance at the boxoffice was said to be due to its long running time, which limited the amount of times it could be shown per day.

Ok, ok, fine. I guess having that North Korean slave animator should be considered new talent. My mistake.

>with no new talent
But there are? Well, not to you, obviously since you're one of those nostalgia fags. We even had that animator training project not too long ago, designed to cultivate more talent, among other examples and initiatives. But you don't care about that.

>Congratulations, you just took gold in the mental gymnastics for the final event of 2017!
Are you some kind of retard? If there aren't enough people to produce all your dogshit isekai and light novel crap, then the solution is to cut back on producing that shit and put more people on less productions, giving them a larger profile!

It's only 10 minutes longer than TLJ and well within the realm of the run time of your typical capeshit movie that comes out every 3 months.

>Low pay and dying workers will eventually kill it.
Low wages and dying workers didn't kill any industry, not in the past, not now, not ever.

>There are literal Tiphareans in this thread with their brainchips programmed to think the design is okay

Did you read the article

>To people disappointed by Attack of Titans S2 being only 12ep. Sad but there is a real shortage of staff because of anime overproduction.

>overproduction

They're getting so many orders they can't fill in staff.

In 1987 30 years ago. This was the anime scene at new year.

anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=calendar&last.anime.year=1988&last.anime.month=13&do.last.anime=Show&do=calendar

Tons of Direct to Video OVAs/Movies because TV anime was expensive as fuck.

30 years later.

anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=calendar&last.anime.year=2018&last.anime.month=13&do.last.anime=Show&do=calendar

A fucking golden age.

Mobile games making ovas because they can, kickstarted funded ova for a cat cafe VN, manga and LN getting adapted tv anime, bkubs bizare 4koma joke getting an anime, netflix paying for anime, amazon paying for anime, everyone and their mom wants to make anime about things.

>the movie is probably going to suck

i'd be much more confident if Cameron was wholly involved but I think this has a better chance that GitS

This. It's always the same song and dance
>anime is dying
>needs help from the west to save it
>there aren't any new staff that are good

Gits got fucked by being in the middle of two crowds it couldn't simultaneously appease. SJWs hated on it for casting a white woman, while anti SJWs hated it for casting non white people. Then there were the people who just don't like Scarjoe. I was in that crowd. Seriously, she can't act.

Nah. She'll be your typical action girl with no depth. Nothing groundbreaking about the live action adaptation.

For example: if you don't have enough people to produce a decent lenght season of Attack on Titan because you need to produce five other light novel adaptations for the pedo crowd, MAYBE you should drop the light novel adaptations and make Attack on Titan longer, and higher quality for international success.

At least as long as you don't have a fuckton more people to waste on producing garbage.

Am I kawaii? Uguuu.

I remember the doom and gloom of the 10s very well.

I remember people saying THE ANIME BUBBLE HAS BURST. We will never see as many shows per season as we did in 2006/2007 with Lucky Star. Moe killed the anime industry they said.

And look at that little chart from 2014 onwards we are seeing more and more anime produced.

Why this anyways? like, it's pretty goddamn obscure, and honestly, not even that good IMO. At least from what I remember reading of it.

>Then there were the people who just don't like Scarjoe. I was in that crowd. Seriously, she can't act.
You are part on bizzarre-ass minority.

Look, youngster, just because you don't have to take economics in school anymore doesn't mean your alternative "facts" are right. All you have to do is look at ALL the manufacturing done in the US. By all, I mean none. Then tack on pressure on kids to get into college instead of trade schools and, bam, dead industry.

Your poor taste notwithstanding, Cameron has planned this for decades. He liked the motorball arc and wanted to make a film featuring it.

James Cameron is one of the first Alita fans in the west. He's been wanting to turn GUNNM into a movie for decades. He's the reason the project got through at FOX in the first place.

Its your own fault for not being a lolifag, that's the one thing the west will never touch. All you idiots will be wailing and moaning and I;ll be here comfy.

I don't know. I see an industry producing too few shows of quality. It isn't even producing works for the same Japanese crowd it did a decade ago.

I'm with you on this. I recently watched Atomic Blonde and thought well, this is what a badass spy should actually be like.

ScarJo a shit. I'll gladly be with that user as a minority.

More and more awful anime. Just because there is an increase in the amount of anime produced doesn't mean the quality is back at mid-2000s levels.

That's different, because those movies already have pre existing big followings that will pour into every showing without heed for reviews. TLJ could have been deep fried shit (which it basically was) and people would have still gone to see it, which they did. My dad dragged me to see it , despite my warnings of the new Star Wars movies sucking ass. We both thoroughly regretting going. Blade Runner was awesome though. I still think about it every time a storm happens and reminds me of the ocean scene at the end.

>producing too few shows of quality
Just like any other entertainment.

> It isn't even producing works for the same Japanese crowd it did a decade ago.
No fucking shit the works aren't the same anymore.

I disagree. While there's indeed more shit, there's also more quality stuff in between and with bigger variety.

But there is also a probléma with a valuable and precious Western audience evaporating.

Don't you think that Fukumenkei Noise ought to deserve the same prestige and international recognition that Nana recieved just a decade ago?

But nooooo, the anime community would rather continue to acknowledge that irredeemable trash like Black Clover exists.

>Western audience
>precious
Ha, good one.

>There are people who doubt James "Billion Dollar" Cameron

People doubt that the movie will be a decent adaptation, not that it'll be financially successful.

Actually, cinema and video games do not share this problem.

>>There are people who doubt James "Billion Dollar" Cameron

Has he produced anything that was a flop?

>japanese comics are so shit that not even James Cameron can make them succeed
Meanwhile capeshit is getting like 4 movies every year and printing money. Weebs BTFO.

It's much better when anime is produced for the west rather than the domestic market.

Look what damage that has caused to the medium.

Also: do you even know what anime .I was talking about in that post?

Heh, good joke.

Never go full retard, user.

Your ignorance does not an argument make.

I wish I was this delusional.

I suggest you take your own advice.

>Look what damage that has caused to the medium.
Oh boy, here we go again.

How else did you think mediocre shit like Under The Dog managed to get funded.

Take your own advice.

...but you are.

user, go read through the archive. You're not the first to get BTFO over your muh west will save anime views. Won't be the last, either.

I'm not even going to Grace this post with a response.

Oh, what we have now is just the beginning. But already you can see the signs that Netflix is saving anime: yes, stuff like Neo Yokio exists, but it wasn't a Japanese company that financed the adaptation of Blame!

Protip: if you are EVER going to see Despera, the investors won't be Japanese.

You are the one claiming the majority of works produced in the mediums video games and cinema are of high quality. You either have shit taste or are blissfully delusional.

You taste changed or you got jaded or something.

anichart.net/Winter-2008
>The worst minami ke
>Worst Gunslinger Girl
>Drama shows like True Tears and H2O
>Literally no anime

vs

anichart.net/Winter-2018
>Violet Evergarden
>Overlord II
>Nanatsu no Taizai
>Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen
>Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
>Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan 2
>Pop Team Epic
>Hakumei to Mikochi
>Mitsuboshi Colors
>Gintama. Gin no Tamashii-hen

I'll be watching at least 75% of that list.

It's kind of shocking how bad Winter 2008 vs 2018

I literally feel bad for some of the anime in 2018 because they're going against such heavyweights that they won't be noticed.

The Blame adaptation was shit. It had to chuck in more action scenes and tone down the subtlety and atmospheric exploration to please the burgers with ADD.
Protip: you are full of shit.

Atomic Blonde is literately just a poor man's John Wick

Aria and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei are fucking classics.

Still better than ScarJo's Black Widow. Just goes to show how much of a joke she is.

Don't jinx yourself, Marvel will inevitably do a Black Widow solo movie

It's strange. I thought the reason animators were underpaid is because of supply and demand. Too many wanna-be animators.

Where is all that extra supply now?

There's no jinxing, I fully expect a BW solo to happen sooner or later.

And it'll make a fuckton of money because "Wow look a woman being a badass"

So tell me

Again let's see 2017 vs 2007 in video games.

>Portal
>CoD 4
>Halo 3
>Crysis
>Witcher
>Unchated
>Mario Galaxy
>CnC 3
>God of War 2
>Bioshock

Cod 4 Halo 3 mark the worst shift in FPS histoy bring abound the brown streak of shit that continued for a decade.
Portal basically hearalda new era of indy gameplay titles that is going strong even today.
Uncharted and God of War 2 present the Sony step into cinematic gaming
CnC 3 is the first step into the grave for the CnC franchise as a whole.
Mario Galaxy Best Mairo game in a decade.

>2017
>Zelda BOTW
>Horizon Dawn
>Mario Oddyesy
>Splatoon 2
>Nier Automata
>PubG
>Cuphead
>Prey
>Nioh
>Divinity Original Sin 2
>Sonic Mania
>Crash Remake
>A Hat in Time

Zelda finally gives us a good open world title, Horizon dawn not far behind, Best Mario game since Mario 64, Nier Automatas success means we get more of it, PubG finally end Call of Duty fagotry, Divinity Original Sin 2 best traditional RPG in 2 decades, Sonic Mania best sonic game in 2 decades, A Hat in Time proves indy devs can make top tier 3d platofrmers.

2017 was not a good year it was freaking FANTASTIC.

Thats the 3rd season of aria and the 2nd season of zetsubou sensei.

Who told you it's supply and demand? It's because studios own noth

Eh excuse my autopost.

It's because publishers own everything and the studios nothing they're like the farmer who grows corn and sells it for a 1c a kilo and then when it gets to the shelves of a grocery store 500g of corn in can costs 1€. It was never supply and demand it was always this, and now they're even getting competition from Korea and China. It will only end when two things happen. Publishers decide to share profits or studios start kickstarter shit like they did already. Technically Netflix is the best thing to happen to them because netflix is a publisher and it pays well.

Scarjo is an amazing actor though. Cant blame her on bad scripts

>All time classics vs flavor of the month

Classics
>Cod4
>Halo3
>Uncharted 1
>Cnc3

I guess when thats the picking of that year even shit becomes classic.

2007 sir was a literal dogshit compared to 1997

I don't wanna write it all so just take a look.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_in_video_gaming

75% of the games on this list are considered Classics.

That chart DESCRIBES what a financial bubble looks like.

>Divinity Original Sin 2 best traditional RPG in 2 decades

Fucking casuals

>being this delusional
2007 is without doubt the best year for video games this century, nothing has come even remotely close since.
Then you put a bunch of shit games on your 2017 list.
>putting cuphead on the list
>implying it's better than anything in 2007
Why the fuck is PUBG there? Prior to it's official release the game was a huge mess, and even now the game is still a shitshow.
Maybe 2/3 of the games on the 2017 list can be put on the same level as the 2007 list.

The anime industry is putting out too much content. Most seasonal anime have scheduling issues, and production suffers as a result.
The video game industry suffers because AAA titles are often overhyped, rushed piles of shit. Identity politics is so rife within the industry that dev's actively fuck with their games to appease people, which results in games like Mass Effect: Andromeda.
Then you have indie games, most of which don't have enough talented staff to make actual good games, since the larger companies usually buy out any decent indie company.

It's sad to see that we have such different tastes. I am guessing you're not from the 80s or 90s.

2007 for me was the year old gaming died and this console bullshit of brown cinematic shooters began and skill and love went out of the window in favor of huge AAA titles. The worst thing to happen to the gaming industry is finally being undone thank fucking god. It started right. All of the games I mentioned where good games, some fantastic but they also market the start of a spiral and everything thats wrong right now. Sup Forums went to shit, PC culture infultrated gaming, casuals joined in with MUH CAKE IS A LIE. It's all 2007. The start of degeneracy.

All the games I named were good games no doubt I did enjoy them a lot when they came out. But I enjoyed 2017 way more. But that is my personal opinion.

Your opinion on them doesn't change that they're considered classics that changed the way gaming was. For better or worse, they were a turning point for videogames, while most of the stuff you listed from 2017 had but a month-lasting popularity.

So can we talk about Gunnm and/or the movie, or is this thread designated Sup Forums shitposting now?

And half of the games I have named for 2017 will be considered classics by 2027. Almost all the games that win a lot of awards are.

Very few hidden gems pop up like Valkyrie Chronicles and such.

CoD 4 did nothing for the gaming industry, other than appeal for "modern tech" shooters. Which Killzone did first back in 2004.

Halo 3's story was dissapointing. The multiplayer mode saved the game.

No one bought Command and Conquer 3, and they heavily borrowed from Starcraft.

Uncharted might be the only worth mentioning that's actually good.

While the games you named from 2007 had a long-lasting effect on the market; besides PUBG and maybe Automata, stuff from 2017 has not been groudbreaking or had a stable popularity. So I beg to differ, they will not be considered classics. It's not a matter of time, but of relevance.