Is this the most overrated piece of shit movie ever...

Is this the most overrated piece of shit movie ever? Try re watching it without your nostalgia goggles on and tell me how you are supposed to care about any of the characters. Sophie is some super bland mary sue type character. Before Sophie confesses to howl the only character exposition Howl gets is that he knows how to cook bacon and that he has temper tantrums over small things like some edgy teenager. The ending was atrocious and don't even get me started on the fat witch.

It's not rated very well though.

Every time you hear someone talking about watching old Ghibli movies, this one always happens to be the default one they recommend.

No. Princess Mononoke is.
>this one always happens to be the default one they recommend.
that's not true at all

No, you're probably thinking of their other castle centric movie.

when someone says this is their favorite Ghibli movie, it just does not compute. my mind is forced to reset and move on

They ended up cutting quite a lot out of the book, which is a shame, but I think you're exaggerating because of the popularity you perceive around the movie.

I don't even care about the story or characters, I just love the scene with the dancing shooting star and the war ones and all the flying machines.

The ending is shameful.

>Is this the most overrated piece of shit movie ever
What are you talking about? My two sons and daughter loved the movie back when they watched it when they were about five years old OP. You should've seen it as a child. It's a children's movie for crying out loud.

first two thirds are great for the visuals and music and comfy. the fire guy is best character. last act is a clusterfuck. mononoke is a much better film.

>overrated
I dont know what are you talking about, ghilbi isn't one movie...

You're obviously someone who doesn't understand art, you fucking meme-lord. Memes don't make legitimate arguments.

Also, I think you completely missed the point of the story. It's about "love takes all forms". The entire movie is full of beautiful visuals and intricate detail, and is an emotional ride from beginning to end.

>highly mediocre characters
>terrible character motivations
>bad plot (very little logical connection between events)
>almost nothing is properly explained (MC's curse, the ongoing war etc.)
>terrible deus ex machina happy end
definitely the weakest Ghibli film I've seen to date

no, you're the one who doesn't understand art, since you ignore the shit characters and story just because they're attached to pretty visuals

That's not Ghost in the Shell

Fuck you, Pulcifer was worth caring about!

People only hate this movie because normies like it too. Its a great movie, you're just being a contrarian.

I beg to differ good sir

no matter how visually stunning this movie is, the story is all over the place and the characters lacks personality, making this film one of the most forgettable Ghibli stuff

Nice try

but normies like Spirited Away, and that movie is great
this on the other hand is just a really pretty trainwreck

>your entire post

I don't even disagree with you but you're a gigantic faggot, please consider becoming a tripfag so I can filter you

cry some more bitch ass nigga

The ending is very bad, yes.

I don't get HMC hate, is it just because Howl is a fuccboi?

The main theme is god-tier, it has the one of the best Ghibli settings, the war scenes are great.

Why did you see more than one?

The main thing that I liked about this anime is the portrayal of those husbands who go to war and their wives waiting at home, not knowing when they'll get news, when the husband will come back, if he comes back at all, etc.

Unfortunately, it's a bad movie, yeah. The events are disconnected, the characters undergo changes so sudden they look almost lunatic (see for example when the protag makes the castle crash after putting water on the heart), the ending is awful (dude, let's just stop the war lol)
It's just bad.

The plot has some holes but I still like it.

What pissed me off is princess mononoke.

The MC is literally the 2nd most powerful character in that universe and does literally jackshit up to the very end where everything went to shit.

Mononoke herself was also completely useless, hurr durr look at me I am a wolf girl.

You could remove the two main characters and nothing would change in the story.

And most people say its their favourite movie, its mind boggling.

>old Ghibli movies
It's not old though.

because I like most of them, and even the mediocre ones at least have great visuals

It has a nice OST, but Joe Hisaishi so of course it is.

Oh. So you just have no standards.

Ghibli being shit is a meme, they're overrated but they're not THAT overrated

I watch movies to be entertained. To me it comes of as you having no standards.

This. Howl's is nobody's favorite Ghibli (because it's mediocre), so it seems weird to specifically single it out.

>thinking there's a character called mononoke
>not understanding the structure of princess mononoke
it must hurt being this retarded

Howl's Moving Castle is one of the weaker movies but at least it isn't Ponyo. Ponyo was terrible.

>Nostalgia goggles
I watched it not long ago and it's my favourite of Miyazaki's, but that's because he didn't create the source material. The book is very nice.

>watching movies to be entertained
film pleb detected

I really like it, but then again I tend to enjoy Tomino's anime a lot.

It's a beautiful movie and I love the aesthetics but my god is it a confusing movie.
I could more or less understand Lain, and I loved NGE's TV ending, but Howl's was just way too confusing.

Rather a pleb than watching the same sterile children's movies over and over again.

>definitely the weakest Ghibli film I've seen to date
Watch Ponyo then

Yes. This is the most overrated movie.

I haven't seen anything by Goro then.
Die.

DWJ was one of the authors that defined my childhood. I was so pumped to hear Ghibli was adapting it.

It's hard to believe how thoroughly and methodically they missed every one of the book's points. Howl's a vain coward constantly trying to cover up the fact he's pushing thirty and has naturally brown hair, and Sophie is a classic DWJ kind-of-a-judgemental-asshole-who-doesn't-realize-she's-a-judgemental-asshole protagonist? Nah, how about a sparkly anti-war bird-bishounen and Queen Sue? And good luck catching any of the fairy tale and fantasy references and satire that the book was based around in the shadow of Miyazaki's colossal throbbing WAR IZ BAD U GUYS erection.