Is Mamoru Hosoda an even bigger hack than Shinkai?

Is Mamoru Hosoda an even bigger hack than Shinkai?

Wolf Children is one more masterpiece than Shinkai ever directed

Why?

Wolf Children is maudlin, overly-sentimental doggerel, and the furry sex scene is uncomfortable. It was also heavily derivative of early Ghibli films like Totoro and Omoide Poroporo. Some nice animation like anything else on that list, but the writing is poor, and the aesthetics are uninteresting.

>doggerel

if ever I heard a buzz word

Japan doesn't really produce enough animated movies to really make this sort of a call. He's just doing his job; making commercially viable movies to the ticket paying audience. In what way is he a hack OP? Making children's movies when you're no longer a child? Do you say the same shit about Miyazaki? both just make movies for children. They're commercially a success. How are they hacks at doing their damn job?

No, I think Miyazaki made a lot of great films, and did some great work as an animator, storyboard artist, and mangaka. I don't really think Wolf Children was meant to be a "children's film," either.

Oh. So you're just being nostalgic for movies you watched as a child. Great thread dude. Excuse me while I watch movies targeted at my intellect.

> Digimon Gekijouban > Bokura no War Game > Superflat > Ookami no Kodomo > Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo -> One Piece > Bakemono no Ko >>> Shit >>> Summer Wars

>So you're just being nostalgic for movies you watched as a child
You brought up Miyazaki, not me.
I watched most of his movies in my 20s, anyways.
Pretty pathetic attempt at ad hominem.
>movies targeted at my intellect.
If by that you mean Digimon or Wolf Children, I'd say you're spot on. Have fun!

>I watched children's movies in my 20s
Stopped reading there.

>not watching children's movies
Teen detected.

Indeed. I do not watch children's movies. Least not shitty ones as an adult. Because I want to be entertained and I do not find predictable children's movies entertaining. I'm sure you thought you were being clever though.

>Indeed. I do not watch children's movies. Least not shitty ones as an adult. Because I want to be entertained and I do not find predictable children's movies entertaining. I'm sure you thought you were being clever though.

well there's no one else doing anything worthwhile

so I'm happy both Hosoda and Shinkai are making their 'hack' movies
please make more, lest I resort to watching a Disney/Pixar/Marvel/JJAbrams movie

Yuasa and Yamada are both much more interesting.

What a childish response. Sorry I don't like thing.

>no argument

haven't seen the 2 Yuasa movies yet,
and yes I'm also grateful for Kyoani/Yamada movies, they need to make more

>What a childish response.
>no argument
In response to what? Retard.

wolf children and girl time travel: great
boi e nigga: ok
summer wars: garbage

But I still like his style, so I'm moderated looking forward to his new movie next year.

>wolf children and girl time travel: great
jesus no

but One piece movie 6 is good

ahahahahahahaha