kino

Other urls found in this thread:

anilist.co/anime/98448/KinonoTabitheBeautifulWorldtheAnimatedSeries
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What went wrong?
Sheep.

>2003 series: intellectual and dignified

>new series: waifu shit with no direction

Pretty much everything, starting from the palette.

nice spoiler

>no episode about kino going back to her town

gay.

That was one of the best things this season.

2003 sheep to be precise.

>What went wrong?
The original Kino didn't grab Sakura and make a run for it as soon as he knew that the parent's were going to kill her.
They could have been happy on the road together like Shizu and Ti.

>Be Blonde Kino
>An experienced traveler
>Go to town where kids are given lobotomies as initiation to becoming adult
>You literally agree that this is their culture and tradition for their country
>Guy is about to stab little girl
>Gets stabbed instead

How the fuck does he not own a gun? How did he survive until this time? Why would a traveler who seen countless people die, risk himself to save some random girl and die in the process? How is it the younger, smaller and less experienced Kino has guns, can shoot people who threatened her and will not save everyone in danger?

This was horseshit.

Girl Kino was trained by Master.
Master is a degenerate

Second season when?

What can turn a cute loli into a cold blooded murderer? Was it the bike?

>having your parents try to kill you
>seeing your only friend and possibly puppy love crush stabbed to death in front of you
>knowing that you can never go home again when you're only 12 years old
>almost dying from exposure and wildlife predators
>being raised by a sociopathic thief, murderer, etc.
>learning first hand the skills of the sociopath's "trade"
>living a lifestyle in a world where if you don't kill, you will be killed, raped, or both
Gee I wonder...

I can't go near sheep ever again.

So Kino is just really tsun?

This was legitimately unnerving.

Last Kino episode of 2017 was quite alright.

How fast is Kino's draw?

Faster than a speeding ram that's for sure.

kino is cute cute!

Sheep episode was great. It retains the absurdity but done in a less subdued manner. It also has that whole theme/morality of the story thing just like others (you can draw parallels between people dumping exotic pets ruining the ecosystem, or Australia and wild rabbits etc). Really, the 'remake' episodes aside, 2017 series had a lot more variety. The old series tend to mostly be somber stories with some dark/creepy reveal.

Poor writing. The original was more subtle, and since Kino is essentially a series of parables, a little bit of stupid has a big effect.

I didn't like the art style, but it's easier to fap to. So I think it worked out in the end.

Kino doesnt even look like the kind of guy that can pick up a girl and run for anything.

Uh, you're making a lot of assumptions there.

We better get more Master and Partner in the second season.

There's a second season? Why? What did we do? When does it end?

It's a remake.
We sinned.
Four days ago.

Oh god I just got back home. What happened four days ago?

You'll never stab Kino then fap using her blood as lube.

anilist.co/anime/98448/KinonoTabitheBeautifulWorldtheAnimatedSeries

>back when new anime was announced
>everyone hype as fuck, even got sticky
>point out that you all might want to reign in the hype
>even predict you might even end up hating it
>get banned
I fucking told you so.

I see. I shall watch the last episode now so I may be cleansed through fire as well.

I want to fuck that

Does Kino ever come close to falling in love in the LN's?

Well for one I really despised Kino in this adaptation, which is sad because I liked her in 2003. The way she was portrayed here really rubbed me the wrong way. This version makes her out to be a real bitch. I much rather prefer Shizu and his POV episodes. The stories were also not nearly as compelling as sans a few. Most of them felt really pointless or just plain dumb. The production values while looking all flashy and modern lack any kind of sense of artistry or direction. There was a mysterious but comfy atmosphere in 2003 where it really felt like you were on an adventure. But here it’s hard to feel that. Maybe if a different studio had a crack at it it would’ve been better. Overall I’m a bit disappointed in how this turned out considering I was looking forward to a new Kino anime for many years.

Subscribed.

This isn't a general, user.

retweeted and faved

>let's explore this society with philosophically extreme laws or morals
>hey, this country looks normal enough, I wonder what's so special about it. STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT

They have those in the 2017 version. Face it, if the 2003 version aired now, you'll just call it pretentious. You just viewed it differently now because your mindset changes over a decade and all that's retained is a pair of rose tinted glasses.

A true modern-day Cassandra.

shes CUTE

which one?

Not him but I watched 2003 for the first time last year

How would Kino react to a man kissing her unexpectedly out of love?

Kino would knife him to death.

episodes 1 and 3 were the only good ones, maybe there would be fewer complaints if they ended with them.
the rest stuck out as bullshit twist endings, the sheep being an extreme. 90% mindless sheep antics with some ass pull explanation. boat country wasn't much better; most of it about some government corruption to end on IT WAS GHOSTS.

many of the 2003 episodes pulled concepts and even lines directly from philosophy 101 textbooks. yeah maybe it was pretentious but it at least knew what it was.

Quite possibly. Kino does seem scared of affection.

didn't the 2003 series have some lore about how the land between countries shifts around constantly so maps are ineffective and there's potentially infinite countries?
did they retcon that or something?

Now that would make for an interesting story.
Kino awakes from a nightmare, only to find that she's stabbed someone she doesn't recognize to death. A handsome young man that's maybe in his 20's. His arms were wrapped around her as if he was trying to grapple her while she slept, but she can't remember any struggle or fight.
Over the course of the next several days during her stay in another country it lingers on her mind. Who was he? What happened? Hermes was asleep when it happened so he can offer no explanation.
Eventually after some sort of realization that's brought on by specific actions/events she realizes that it was a man that she had begun a relationship with on the road. She really took a liking to him and the feelings were mutual. He was just scooting in closer to her while she slept, wrapping his arms around her for comfort and warmth. Her muscle memory to kill was triggered on by the nightmare she was having, and her coping mechanism of repressing memories made her forget the events of that night/morning. Hermes then explains to her how she met and fell in love with him. Out of caution he never mentioned anything because she never asked.

The whole ordeal would sort of remind her why she prefers to be alone and not make any long lasting relationships. She then agrees to herself just to put it all behind her and forget he ever existed in her life before riding off to the next country.

6 wasn’t bad either. It was pretty solid.

No, but I think some anons theorize that due to the variance in tech between countries, some lesser ones could be wiped off the map over night. The Bothersome Country is a perfect example of this.
There's just no possible way to make a reliable world map.

Will Kino ever return home and make amends with her parents?
I'm sure they miss her very much and would love nothing better than to see her again.

episode 5 had a nice story too, but there's nothing to think about in either. it's conclusion is just that slavery is bad and freedom is good.
a lot of the 2003 series's episodes ended in tragedy or at least bitterness to force the viewer to evaluate if the right decision was made.

jesus christ, Kino went from a stoic bad ass to PTSD damsel in distress for internet white knights to protect. they should have never revealed her gender outside of the books.

10/10 would watch

It's in the first half of the first episode.
Hermes comments on how the map is wrong with a ravine in the the way even though it was supposedly made a month ago. when they got for a detour a huge chunk of forest just collapses and they talk about how the world is constantly changing

It's just climate change.

Nope. In the novel, it is implied that her original country got destroyed in a war. All that remains was her teddy bear.

Can't remember the specific volume thbough

Who is this girl?

That's Kino.

>I didn't like the art style, but it's easier to fap to. So I think it worked out in the end.
This, but to be honest the art style has grown on me.

>It also has that whole theme/morality of the story thing just like others (you can draw parallels between people dumping exotic pets ruining the ecosystem, or Australia and wild rabbits etc).

I thought it was more about mankinds domestication of animals, how we take creatures that in the wild would be dangerous and breed them to be harmless and submissive. I think it was just playing with that idea.

WTF is with the cherry hairpin? Is Kuroboshi trying to hint at something?

here, you guys were not joking.

Her name is Sakura, meaning "Cherry Blossom."
There's nothing to hint at.
We've known this for a long time now.

Then why not just a Sakura flower?

It starts making sense if you believe that Kino has had the operation and all of the events of that day is part of a simulation to turn her into an adult.

Are the LN's worth the read?

Poor direction and low production qualities.

The original didn't have excellent animation either, but it was salvaged by excellent direction and unorthodox decisions.

This shit here just decided to add gradients with photoshop and added 3D models.

wish they kept this. it's more of an adventure when you have no idea where you are and no idea where you're going

Well it does have a story where Kino almost becomes fat old man cumdump

What was the 'rude' nickname that they called her by tweaking her original name?

Nakura or something

Read the books and find out.

the only thing that went wrong were the remake episodes, the new episodes were all enjoyable.

I was impressed, has there ever been a better sequel a decade+ after the first?

I wonder how Sigsawa himself felt about this modern adaption...

Loli kino is CUUUTE

Why not a young man cumdump? Why does it have to be fat old men?
Kino deserves better than that if she's going indulge herself in pleasures of the flesh.

Why can't she be both depending on the situation?
Sure she's badass, but you have to remember that she's still just a young girl.
Like any young girl she has feelings, a heart, and she's not a machine despite how she presents herself.

current kino's original name isn't sakura, it's a different unspecified flower

FMA Brotherhood

>FMA Brotherhood
>better

Pretty sure it's Sakura.
I guess it could be Tulip, but that's grasping at straws.

It's not sakura. It's never implied to be sakura.

the LNs state that it's a field flower

It's has always been implied to be Sakura.

It was never implied to be sakura.

Can you prove that?

I don't have to, you have to prove that it was implied to be sakura.

Her name used to be 蠟花

See dumbass.
You can't pretend to be right by repeating yourself when you're told that you're wrong.

A Kind Land -Tomorrow Never Comes.-
>Sakura replied, looking embarrassed, “It’s the name of a flower that blooms in spring. It’s a pretty flower with a pink color.”
>“Oh…” was Kino’s short response. This time, Sakura slightly pouted.
>“But you know, my friends always make fun of me and call me names like ‘Nekura’ or ‘Okura’. It’s so annoying.”
>“……”
>Kino fell silent and her eyes stared into space.
>“What’s wrong, Kino?” Hermes asked, and Kino gave a quick reply.
>“Nothing.” Then added, “It’s not something I can explain.”

A Pledge -a Kitchen Knife-
>They were talking about a type of bright red flower, found just beyond the borders of this country. These flowers stain the land with a bright red color, far across to the horizon. It blooms splendidly during this season, but only for a very short time.
>Neither me, nor my wife have ever seen this flower before. Perhaps we will never have the chance to see it. Our daughter too.
>But I still want to name my daughter after this flower. I think my wife will agree to it.

It's weird.
Based off of Kino's reaction to Sakura's name in A Kind Land it can implied that she's forgotten her own name which is the same as Sakura's. Hearing her own name again for the first time in years brought out the reaction.
Obviously there's a huge discrepancy when it comes to the color of the flower since Sakuras aren't bright red...
Anyway, her name IS Sakura.

Did you read what you just posted?

Cherry trees are trees. Not field flowers. And they're pink, not red.

They say it right there that Kino is supposed to be named after the red field flower from around the town. Which is definitely not a cherry blossom.

Sakura doesn't have to have the same name as Kino for Kino to react that way when she meets a girl, named after a flower, who is the child of innkeepers.

It's fiction, guys.
Come on now.

You're fiction.

Prove it.

Both Kino's original and Sakura's name turn into insults when you change the pronunciation slightly, if that's worth anything. So far Sakura is the only name that can do that unless you think Poppy = Poopy or Lily = Silly could be Kino's name, but that's only exclusive to English.