Unpopular Opinions on Sup Forums

I really hate cute girls doing cute stuff shows that have no substance.
The only reason I'm given by people who like them is that "it's fun XD".
Maid dragon and Kemono Friends come to mind from this year.

>Not eating up seasonal trash is unpopular now

>But it's fun XD
If that's the only reason you can give for liking a show you should off yourself desu

Kill yourself spic

I like cute girls shows but Maid Dragon and Kemono Friends are legit shit.

I think Mob is moeshit

>I really hate cute girls doing cute stuff
Mods used to public ban this kind of posting.
Fuck off to Reddit, Youtube, MAL, Narutoforums etc...
kys

Lonely on a Tuesday afternoon, huh?

>Implying I like shounen either

>The only reason I'm given by people who like them is that "it's fun XD".
For what else do you watch anime then? Deep storylines and characters? lol

>People don't like what I like.
>Censor them mods!!!!!!
Calm down

Not liking CGDCT isn't that unpopular really.

>kys
It cannot be that hard to type two words. Follow your own advice and go away.

This. OP might be a filthy shonenfag but he's at least right about Sup Forums giving too much of a pass to mediocre shows just because it has cute girls in it to the point where criticism becomes disallowed in the "comfy" threads.

>It's fun
Anything can applied to this though. That's the reason why it bothers me.

Fun things are fun, faggot.

Takagi san used to be good when the artist actually dress the characters like their age.

Now they look like disgusting moe shit, they look 5 years old and the nature of some of the chapters is a lot more blatantly sexual, and it's honestly disgusting.

>Kemono Friends
>no substance
Looks like you're a Friend with a low IQ.

Also you sound really young.

Drew*

Like compared to the early art this is just disgusting.

also the manga hasn't gone anywhere for years and it's honestly depressing. The fact that the anime embraced this shit tier moe shit as well is exceptionally disheartening.

>Fun fun fun fun fun
Sure but why?

Sadly, this is the type of shit that appeals to disgusting inbred beta males, such as yourselves and a lot of japan.

>Kememe Friends
>Muh high IQ
Pathetic

How much would Sup Forums discourse improve if "Moeshit" were autofiltered?

>""Comfy shows"" should be AOTY
This shit pisses me off the most

>2 minutes of panning over still frames per episode

>"this chick is autistic!"
>"this guy's a faggot!"
>"this old man's a pervert!"
>mugyu
>comedy

this show is dogshit

>Moe fags this offended because OP doesn't like their garbage

Eventually you'll realise that shitty plots and poor characterisation is an endemic in anime, and you'll wonder what's even the point of investing so much time in that shit, and you'll just settle for watching stuff with cute girls.

This doesn't mean that cute girl stuff is all good though, Hinako Note this year for example was horrible, but most of the time cute girl shows are above average at the very worst and will keep you entertained.

>shit tier moe shit
impressive vocabulary

It's fine, we shouldn't expect everyone to have a high enough IQ to appreciate the peak of the medium. In seriousness though, it's an acquired taste. One day you just "get" it and it's all suddenly great.

>Kemono Friends

Maybe if you actually watched the show instead of being retarded you would notice how the show is not about "doing cute things" and there is actual mystery behind the plot

>Muh mystery that's literally nothing

>fateshitter
>opinion

It wouldn't really. We'd still be left with all the isekaifags and the underaged waifushitposters.

>You'll get used to eating shit man
I don't think so

Stop being so angry, normalfag-kun

>muh blue blobs of doom
Nobody even died, got injured or implied to have died. Just lost a couple memories. Wasn't losing brain cells part of the show's appeal anyway? What's the big deal with characters losing them?

Sounds like you don't belong here.

There's a reason your opinion is unpopular, because it makes no real sense.

- Seasons are the lifeblood of the medium, the actual beating heart of it here and in Japan. Intimately understanding the contexts and relevance of trends being written real-time + enjoying the excitement of new series should not take any convincing to take part in.

- Talking about the same insipid kiddy battle shonen shit that has been printing for decades is the fucking opposite of taste or willingness to learn and better understand the whole medium. Those posters in battle shonen shit often display complete ignorance of the rest of the board / medium hence only care about the nip versions of capeshit and star wars.

- Most shows are not that noteworthy in the face of the rest of time; if there is ever a chance to really discuss anything at all with Sup Forums it is while a show is airing. It is also a time when people can expect actual fresh discussion to come up all the time as opposed to backlog material being generally the same questions/posts over and over, or treading water shitposting and going off on shipping and fanfic garbage in action shonen; really those are mechanisms to cover for their authentic boredom with the actual standalone material and forcing things into existence to talk about.

- Caring a lot about backlogs is for newfags who are still in the discovery phase; we don't need to humor your thoughts about something that was discussed to death years ago. If the show was noteworthy maybe it could support a weak thread but most aren't.

- Manga threads do fine as it is but a lot of common discussion here roots from things that were popular here as anime first. Likewise anime that are well liked may have been known first from the manga. Driving a wedge in is shooting yourself in the fucking foot. Coming here "only for manga discussion" is like trying to cook without water or oil, that is, an earth shatteringly stupid limiting of yourself from autistic intolerance.

it will be improvement for you

>Nobody even died, got injured or implied to have died

Yes. The staple of masterpiece anime.
Fucking kill yourself normalfag, go watch Death Note and masturbate over how it's Evangelion of 21st century.

So basically you're saying we should only like the new shit and classics aren't worth discussion (Every other board still talks about classics in their topic) plus the muh secret club bs.
Fuck off you cancerous autistic idiot

>normalfag
Good ad hominem. I'm sorry I didn't realise you were so new that you don't even know what it means.

Then please define what "mystery" Kemono Friends has other than the Ceruleans being "threatening" for some stupid unbased reason?

Saying that people should only watch new stuff is far from autistic behaviour. They generally like repetition and avert new things. Just saying, you look like an idiot when you use words you don't understand.

>vast amount of anime tries to establish itself as something compelling and worthy of serious analysis but the nature of anime means all these shows ultimately fail to achieve this and as such they fall short
>CGDCT isn’t trying to achieve anything great, rather these shows capitalise and make the most out of the substanceless nature of anime
>CGDCT works because it sets goals that it can easily meet and in many cases then goes on to surpass those set limits, making them objectively good
wtf I love CGDCT now

>They generally like repetition and avert new things.
Except all these trashy new shows you like talking about follow the same cookie cutter formula idiot.

Wow, people can't enjoy a hobby just because it's fun?
Let me explain to you why something could be "fun".
It could be cute, light-hearted, or funny. It could have characters that draw you in and keep you there. It could even be as simple as enjoying the setting. Maybe it's because the episodes are simple to follow and that's exactly what you need after a long day. It changes from show to show, but the word "fun" is just a summary of whatever applies.
You don't like it? Well why don't you just don't watch it? Your opinion is worth as much as the next mouth-breathing retard. People like and hate different things, and it's perfectly fucking fine.

how did humanity end?
how did safari zone came to be?
what is "the boss"?
how did kaban survive whatever happened to the humanity?

And many more? I feel stupid for replying to you because you're either you just didn't watch the show which makes pointless responding to you, or you're just straight up baiting.

Some of these were answered during the first season, most of them remain mystery. Fucking kill yourself already.

I'm not the guy you replied to. I love my classics and I haven't watched seasonal stuff for two years. I just felt like you were misusing the word and wanted to point that out. I apologize if I hurt your feelings by being too harsh.

>CGDCT fags are using mental gymnastics to say that their shows aren't just shot that appeals to lowest common denominator (lonely otaku)
Stop deluding yourselves and just be honest

moeshit is garbage

I get sick and tired of swordfights and heroic characters who weild swords and are loved by everyone because they're "nice". Also, we don't get enough badass antihero main characters. Would it kill these guys to write stories where character relationships aren't just man-woman.

I didn't say you needed a high IQ, bud. That's the issue.

>I get sick and tired of swordfights and heroic characters who weild swords and are loved by everyone because they're "nice"
Name 5 modern series that have this that aren't isekai.

>hate
The word is dislike OP. It's fine to dislike things. I've only watched some of those in that genre. And I've seen them all by now.

Not that guy, but in the end we still no next to nothing about the place, and there are plenty of subtle hints that something big went down. Yet at the same time, those black lines from episode 8 and the dome that was shown with Pavilion can also hint at a Truman Show like world or something similar. Should've stayed in the threads when it aired, there are way too many hints to remember on the fly right now.

>how did humanity end?
Ceruleans "killed" them.
>how did safari zone came to be?
Built by humans
>what is "the boss"?
Built by humans
>how did kaban survive whatever happened to the humanity?
She's supposedly been consumed by a Cerulean and she was supposed to "die" according to the fanbase's stupid logic but lo-and-behold she didn't. She's a Cerulean incarnation of a human being or multiple human beings.

> I feel stupid
You should be because even a fucking ten year old can speculate in ten seconds and answer those stupid questions that don't even qualify as "mystery". There's no deep writing or mystery, just tons of dumb fanfics.
It's nothing special you fucking dumb animal brain.

Name 500 modern series that aren't isekai

Derp, know. Because fuck proofreading my shit.

Nice job dodging the question

What's important is that you've found a way to feel superior to everyone, despite not liking anime.

Not him, but one of your answers is straight up wrong while the three explains nothing. The mystery is in the how, not what. I hope the other user realizes that you are not the sort of person anyone should waste their time on trying to explain anything to.

>Moe and shounen are the only genres in anime
Watch more anime

i want 2005-9 shitposting back, no phoneposters, no fag mods, no gook moot, no normies. just fun shitposting.
this board died and isekaed itself into literal aids.

Everyone with a brain does. Only the most pathetic NEET losers eat up the trash that gets shit out every season.

They were saying the same thing in 2007 and your so-called "fun" never happened.

>If you don't like bad anime, you don't like anime
brainletwojak.jpeg

Parasyte has a good OST

>normies
Nice try normalfag

It was different back then. Way different.

>I only watch GOOD anime

Anyone has that anime enjoyment graph that was something like
>you start by watching entry level stuff on tv like Dragon Ball
>Then move onto the "masterpieces" like Gits and Cowboy Bebop
>slowly start realizing that you have already watched all the "great" anime
>Then either abandon the medium or start enjoying anime that you thought would never even give a chance before
I think it applies to this thread

>plotfags

>the how
it happened because the authors decide it does. There's no mystery here if your brains aren't on auto-fanfic all the time.

>it happened because the authors decide it does
Yup, that's how stories are written

what is good anime?

I gave up anime for the most part and only read manga occasionally nowadays. Got into music instead

I still can't take people who shit on shounen seriously when the stuff they worship is either moe trash or the most obscure shit that they desperately want to believe is written better.

>Got into music
Why is this so hard. How do you do it? Everything just sounds the same.

Agreed. It's like people who say their shit is any better than comics.

What is compelling about moeshit beside the fact that it appeals to your most base instincts?

Exactly, your fanfics are just the same. No mystery at all.

There are good shounen and bad shounen. There are good moe SoL and bad moe SoL. There are also good obscure things and bad obscure things.

Rejecting a whole demographic/genre/type of show is fucking retarded.

I still can't take people who shit on CGDCT seriously when the stuff they worship is either shounentrash or the most obscure shit that they desperately want to believe is written better.
It's funny since shounen anime is as formulaic as cgdct.

Only complete brainlets can't find substance in Maid Dragon, the show has plenty to offer. Look beyond the meme of hateing popular shows and try to understand the appeal of CGDCT.

I say this as someone who enjoys all eras of animation: the "older anime is superior and everything new is shit" circlejerk is extremely obnoxious. These discussions always devolve into disingenuous argumentation, shitposting, and feigned "oldfag" mentality from people desperate to show off their taste. It's not a badge of honor to shit on everything made with digipaint while screaming about manime and how moe ruined everything. And despite all this feigned good taste and "culture", you still see these same wannabe oldfags spoonfeeding saucefags and recfags no matter how stupid their posts are. They are no different from the moefags or newfags that they rail against; it's the same autism with a different flavor. This doesn't apply to all retro anime fans, but it's a very frequent trend.

This is why I tell people to watch more anime: if people exposed themselves to more material and gained a better understanding of the medium, they might realize that not every post-cel anime is ugly shit devoid of value and not everything made during the OVA boom was gold. But I guess it's easier to parrot the "budget" meme while talking about the golden days of three-tone shading.

I think that there are good and bad shows in all decades. It's not wrong to prefer one era over the other, I just think that the discussion can and should be more nuanced than cels/retro = good, digital/new = bad.

Don't deflect the question. What is good anime?

>Everything just sounds the same.
Have you tried the Sup Forums-charts? Just browse through the general ones, and pick out some albums. Hopefully sooner or later you'll discover something you like. Listening to a great album for the first time feels god tier.

I don't have anything like that, but this pasta might also apply:

Stages Of An Anime Fan

Stage 1: Is introduced to a popular, entry-level anime film such as Akira or Ghost in the Shell by a friend. Proceeds to explore the most famous anime films such as the above, Ghibli movies, etc.

Stage 2: Discovers shonen series, likely Bleach on Adult Swim. Briefly becomes an IRL version of Rikka from Chuunibyou. Does not yet understand why Sup Forums trolls shonenshit threads. Will hate self for the rest of his natural life for this brief phase.

Stage 3: Mature / deepfag phase. Once he begins to realize shonenshit is shit, begins to seek out deep and critically acclaimed anime such as Tatami Galaxy, Evangelion, Lain, etc. Starts debating the meaning of these anime on Sup Forums, as well as starts trolling shonenshit threads, suddenly feeling superior to the plebes in said threads.

Stage 4: Moefag, the final phase. Decides to try a moe series which Sup Forums seems to love, such as Aria, or more recently Non Non Biyori, etc. justifying it to self as for purely academic reasons, e.g. so they can troll or shittalk these series with an informed viewpoint. Ends up discovering that nothing is more peaceful, relaxing, and enjoyable than watching cute girls doing cute things. Ends up realizing that all deep and mature anime are actually pretentious bullshit.

Stage 5: Enlightened phase. Realizes that at some point, cute girls doing cute things isn't all that anime has to offer and stops trying to fit in. Sees all genres and enjoys them for what they are. Can appreciate any genre, but knows that most are mediocre at best and actively searches for real gems. Understands that most of Sup Forums doesn't know what it is talking about, but it is still better than the alternatives.

2005-09 Sup Forums was 70% naruto bleach and one piss.

I prefer FGDFT

Maid Dragon is shit as far as CGDCT goes. NNB and even GochiUsa are leagues better.

>Why is this so hard.
I feel you. 90% of the time I'll hear a song that I really like and the rest of the album is just meh.
Then I'll just go back to my dadrock like usual

>Sup Forums-charts
I want actually complex music. Something fast-paced with more than 2 instruments and vocals. Then the vocals need to actually have some substance to them not compare topical shit such as the current president of a country I don't even live in to Hitler or some equivalent. I don't think Sup Forums can offer me that.

>There are good shounen

Good anime excels on a visual and auditory level while being compelling, not any longer that it needs to be and having a "point", an underlying message, which the work explores thoroughly.

>there's good moeshit

Don't let Sup Forums get into your brain, Maid Dragon was fucking fantastic.

all stories are fanfiction then

>Plotfag
>Wanting a plot in a story is bad
Kys

thats wrong faggot.
naruto threads got napalmed to death, bleach was just the weekly kubo troll shit, and one peace didnt really get the same shitposting as the others did.