So, when did you stop giving a fuck about the Pokémon anime?

So, when did you stop giving a fuck about the Pokémon anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_USA_recasting_controversy
youtube.com/watch?v=mIPS7dyjmBo
kiwifarms.is/threads/liam-pomfret-archaic.9542/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When I was 8 or so.

Right around the point the dub decided to recast everyone midway through hoenn. All I can remember was it sounded like total ass now so I stopped watching.

Apparently it was a big deal
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_USA_recasting_controversy

When they changed what time it aired and I didn't bother to check when they changed it to. I started watching SuMo in Japanese recently though and it's pretty good

I never stopped.

Or started.

Never cared. Only played the games.

Around the start of diamond and pearl.
But then I started at the beginning of BW, but then I spotted a few episodes in.
But then I started againat the beginning of XY again and I haven't stopped yet this time.

The games, I stopped caring after XY.

Somewhere around Johto second half, but Battle Frontier was ok and watched a couple.

Picked back for Sun & Moon.

When Pikachu lost against a level 5 Chikorita.

when i turned 12

This, I dropped it around there for a while.

Picked it up again for some of the latter half of Sinnoh, but then more or less dropped it again after that Darkrai bullshit, with the shit serving of Iris cementing the decision.

In like 2003. Though I don't think I ever even saw the anime up to that point though and just watched the older episodes. Pretty sure I've only seen the anime that coincided with the first and second generations.

Midway through Johto, that arc was some hot trash.

I actually just picked it up again
Going through all the movies atm

Right around when Dawn was introduced

Dropped it a long time ago, but seeing pic related almost makes me consider watching just her episodes.

Johto. I remember having almost every season 1 episode on VHS, and was even interested in the Orange Island arc. But the Johto arc just didn't work for me. Probably because the original felt so "new" and "fresh". Everytime I see the Gen 1 Pokemon, I instantly remember the episode they debuted from. I would just watch a few episodes of the new seasons and never think to much about it. I think I only saw an episode of the XY season and a few bits an pieces from the movie. Episode was pretty funny, its the one where Serena got super jealous of some other girl.

Bulbapedia is ran by pedophiles bro

Me too. It was also around the time Pokemania started to fade.

>Bulbapedia is ran by pedophiles
I don't doubt you, but I'm still gonna use it when I need to look up pokemon shit.

I'd stick with Serebii

This

After the bullshit they pulled in the Sinnoh League and then made Ash a total retard in BW.

Picked it back up after they started nostalgia pandering at the end of BW and made Ash competent again in XY.

Then promptly dropped it again after the bullshit that was the Kalos League.

Do Misty and Brock's replacements even have interesting personalities?

I use serebii for a few things but bulbapedia just has much better presentation and ease of use.

I use adblock anyway so Its not like the kiddie diddler is getting any money from me.

Citron is easily one of the best characters in the whole anime

In the middle of Johto when every non-gym episode started being the same formula
>ash and gang walk into new town
>townspeople are doing a thing with their pokemon
>team rocket sees this and decides to steal them
>get beat
>TEAM ROCKET IS BLASTING OFF AGAIN
Also it was retarded how Ash swapped out his team because Misty told him Charizard was wrecking scrubs too hard

Fuck that other guy, Dawn was great.

After it aired on Warner Bros on Saturdays.

This, though I had already started to drop it around May being around (though I did watch Jirachi Wish Maker). I cared even less about Dawn.

Stop watching after Battle Frontier picked up again during XY cuz of Serena.
As for the games I stopped caring after RSE

XYZ is one of my favorite annie mays

dropped as soon as my waifu may was gone

Johto. Started again in XY, was thoroughly disappointed. SM is alright.

after gen 1

Had a similar temptation except with pic related. Then I tried to do it and felt like I was just wasting my time watching such a mediocre show.

And then nothing actually happened

As a kid I watched up avidly up until a point in Johto and then intermittently up until Battle Frontier.

As a NEET a few years ago and after playing Pokémon White I watched everything up until the end of Hoenn then dropped it. The change to digital from cels and the voice actors were the most significant drops in quality in my opinion. I also watched some of the Unova episodes but I dropped it because it stopped being entertaining.

Now I'm torn over whether or not to watch XY because apparently the writing and animation improve a lot but it could still just be the same old Pokémon.

It's basically the same shit as it's been since the first season, but the more recent ones look better than the crap early digital entries

Yes. Literally every single one of them had more interesting personalities than those two, no matter what your childhood tells you.

When I couldn't rent new episodes from Blockbuster.

After Serena left.

I didn't know that "bland" was now considered an interesting personality

Not a lolicon, but Dawn is a q

after brock left
>expecting touko in bw
>got some nigget with wtf hair instead
insta dropped

Holy shit yeah. When Ash's voice changed I fucking hated it, so I stopped watching.

>Now I'm torn over whether or not to watch XY because apparently the writing and animation improve a lot but it could still just be the same old Pokémon.
It's basically the Pokemon formula at its best. Solid characters, good battles with great choreography, lots of fun Pokemon with well defined personalities, a bunch of nice recurring characters. It's not going to blow your mind or anything, but it's basically Pokemon the way Pokemon should be. None of that "the group arrives in city x where they meet character y and their Pokemon of the day, which has some kind of problem that's solved by blasting of Team Rocket" repeated ten times in a row crap that made everyone drop it back in the day.

>the group arrives in city x where they meet character y and their Pokemon of the day, which has some kind of problem that's solved by blasting of Team Rocket
t. didn't watch XY

Sun/Moon.
XY was a good "closure arc". Turning him into a literal retard was a mistake.

That said, I do like the direction they're taking with the movies

Misty left early enough that you can say ANY of Ash's companions have more personality.
Brock is on par with the rest of them though

If the rumors about gen 8 coming in late 2018 are true, the weird experimental nature of SM makes a bit more sense. If they were going to try something like this, it was now or never.

S/M was an "off" season both in anime and in the games. They put literally whos to work on them while the big boys work in gen 8

Misquote btw, I meant to include "None of that." Because that's wrong. XY is full of that shit. At its best, it's low test shonen, once every few dozen episodes. Otherwise it's the same old shit with even less personality. Not to mention the abysmal idolshit, and I say that as a fan of idolshit.

When there was a new Pokémon movie that was about the original series but NOT Pokémon adventure

What are the rumors of gen 8?

Whenever Ash lost to that fucker with all the legends.

It's coming for the Switch in late 2018. Gen 7 mostly exists because Game Freak wanted a 20th anniversary game. It's a hot mess in general and feels a lot like a filler gen, especially if gen 8 brings back gyms.

Nothing other than its going to be huge.
I wouldnt trust yesterday´s chink rumors that says we are getting digimon world 1 gameplay

They're misleading you. The rumor isn't gen 8 in 2018, it's the Switch game, which is another gen 1 remake with console production value. Hence the movie reboots.

They are not going to remake gen 1 again, zero chance.

Enjoy being wrong.

it's not really that interesting if you are familiar with shonen anime no.324892th

It's comfy. It's Pokemon done right. People liked it for a reason: It was a childhood favorite done the way it should be.

Its always a conflict of interests between TPC nintendo and gamefreak
But GF always wins in the end since they are the actual programmers and I would not believe for a moment that their debut on a "console" will be another gen 1 remake.

After my infatuation with Dawn was over; that was the last time I shipped anyone in any series and was also when I dropped the games realizing they were the same shit every generation.

Why would Gamefreak of all parties oppose it? They'd be the most for it because it saves them a ton of work. They can focus on hardware optimization which has always given them the most trouble. Riding on the nostalgia wave is the most reasonable course of action right now.

>it saves them a ton of work
Man you just know nothing about how game development works do you.
This discussion is sterile, we will all see in a few months.

>you just know nothing about how game development works do you.
Apparently you don't, since you think some arbitrary sense of pride takes precedent over feasibility. If a developer notorious for bad programming has to make a huge release on new hardware, it makes the most sense to focus on that rather than designing a whole new game world, story, characters and a hundred-some new creatures. A remake saves them a ton of work in those departments. The timing is perfect while the nostalgia's hot due to GO, Generations, the movie reboots, normies lapping up the Switch, etc. The Chinese leaks mentioned it too.

>Generations
That shit bombed like hot garbage.

Never. I've seen it all.

When it stop airing on Kids WB, couldn't follow it when it moved stations because parents cut cable a year or two before

Are you me? You almost did the exact same as I did, except that I never bothered with BW and picked it back up on the 5th or 6th XY episode. And even though I first dropped it at the Kalos League, I later watched the Flare arc and the final episodes, especially the one with the kiss.

Then I tried watching an episode from the current series, and I haven’t watched Pokemon ever since.

Normies like it, that's what matters.

I still watch the anime on occasion; I tend to miss episodes more due to time or technical reasons instead of a lack of interest.

About the time Ash lost the first Pokemon League. I haven't watched it since.

They don't, that's how it bombed. When did you last see anyone talk about it? When did you ever hear anything about home releases or rentals or even TV airings? They're just more expensive versions of those weird puppet videos the Japanese Pokemon Youtube channel uploads relatively regularly. People watch them once, shrug, and go on with their day.

Last episode I vividly remember watching and thinking HOLY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME was the episode where infernape did overheat or whatever his skill was called.

youtube.com/watch?v=mIPS7dyjmBo

I thought they where gonna remake gen 4 after SM

I cared Less and less with each passing girl after Misty, with the exception of Serena she was getting me back into the series but with the way x&y ended and how the new anime looks, the Pokemon anime is completely dead to me

>gen 1 remake with console production value
So what we'll have another game to go with Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD

>XD

After 1st generation.

When I was 11 and I saw how shit it was

The moment Rockman.EXE aired 30 minutes later

meant Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, just didn't want to type the full title

After Sinnoh

/thread

That show was worse in literally every way.

>almost everyone in this thread dropped it on Johto or Sinnoh and picked up back up in XY or SM

I'm glad we can agree on what part was the dark ages of pokeani

>he thinks johto and sinnoh are good seasons

But SM is fucking terrible.

Johto was ass, but DP was great.

Sometime in the middle of Johto or after when it got too long.

I haven't gone back since given Ash's record.

He’s talking about BW being the dark age of Pokemon. SM and Johto’s filler hell are still a shit tho.

SM is the most fun I have had with PokeAni since Kanto

Watched it halfway into sinnoh, then just read the summary and looked at screenshots of it at serebii untill late bw early xy and that was it

>Bulbapedia is ran by pedophiles bro
Can you explain this?

Never as still watching it and hoping. Been going since 1999.

kiwifarms.is/threads/liam-pomfret-archaic.9542/

sorry for the small picture but that's what I have right now