Does anyone actually find this bitch funny?

Does anyone actually find this bitch funny?

standard japanese wife/mother.

When is she supposed to be funny?

I really appreciate her efforts to stop Gohan from fighting and make him get a real job. Let's face it he's terrible and a total liability 99% of the time. So it's a shame Chichi wasn't successful.

I thought she was pretty cute in the Buu arc.

Just fucking why?

Because Gohanspics can't just have one containment thread. They have to shit up the entire board.

It’s the best anime in recent years

but the reason he IS a liability is because she holes in up in his room to study as opposed to train.
I mean even now Gohan is still has less real fighting experience than Goku did at the end of DB

Even My Hero Academia is better, you're giving us shounenfags are bad rep.

Realistically he should have just stayed holed up in his room. He's not a real fighter and holds back real fighters from doing better because they constantly have to protect him.

Super >>> one piece > naruto >>>>>> MHA

why does he need a real job if he can fly and shoot planet destroying laser beams

Probably my favorite Ball girl. I love that particular outfit of hers aw well.

I watched some Jewtube video that explained how Chi Chi's actual character is lost in the dub and makes her appear more bitchy than she actually is in the original Japanese. Is this true?

no shes still just as bitchy in jap

Wait so I'm not supposed to be fapping to her?

Realistically a son should have spent time with his dad and learn from him. Maybe then instead of being a liability with fake intelligence and useless moves (seriously what is Masenko even supposed to do?) he could be the next generation, an improvement of the prior one.

It was a good anime a long time ago. The recent version isn't comparable.

Nope. She does all the stereotypical negligent wife things.

I think she's simply being a mother.
If she left Gohan's education to Goku his son would be an idiot who struggled to get even a simple job. What she does is pretty understandable given the husband she has.
Now she wants Goku to be there for Goten, because he is alive again. And she wants him to set a good example, so he sends him to get a job. She's not stupid, though. She knows that Goku's fighting is important and the world depends on it. She puts that bitchy front to be sure that Goku won't ditch her and their son just because. Goku knows that too, and so far when he left to train it's been because it was important.
Also, this being Dragon Ball, her bitchiness is often used as comic relief as well; sometimes her bad trends are exaggerated to make a funny scene.
But when she's not bitching at either Goku or his friends because something needs to be done, she's quite a nice lady. For instance when they went to the U6 vs U7 tournament, she prepared a lot of food for everyone and offered Vegeta some food in a very polite way.

The real question is does she like eggs?

Dragon Ball is a comedy manga.

Reminder, only faggots dislike Chichi.

i have seen both and the dub makes her feel more aggressive than how she is portrayed in the original.

And in last arc of Dragon Ball she introduces herself to a lot of people and only refers to herself as Goku's wife. Dub it is chi chi of course.
There is a fuck ton of this type of localization in Dragon Ball. Literally every episode is censored.

At least she's hot.

what are those though?

None of the original DB women are funny. All have the same gag of being really bitchy.
True though.

Toriyama does. He loves that demanding pricess shit.

Bulma is funny. She's snarky.

Watch how bitchy she is in Garlic Jr. She even has a Kaoi-ken aura.

You know what is the best thing about Sup Forums is? If you want to talk about something else, you can do that! Just open up a thread with another topic.

Literally nobody.

we are the ch/a/ds here

What I don't get is she's suppose to be a princess but is now poor because her dad's house caught on fire and he lost everything.

I think I know which video you're talking about. If it is Mistarefusion's dragonball dissection, then you'll remember that it's quite a detailed analysis of Chichi and why people find her annoying. He doesn't just blame the dub however, but the TV series in general for using her character as a quick and cheap gag, playing up her character traits until they're intolerable. He also goes into how the dub made her seem more intelligent than she actually is, which makes her angry outbursts even more irritating. However, he does point out that part of the issue is the fact that we don't see things from her perspective - that every time Goku and Gohan go out to save the world, they might not return home to her, and that indeed they don't on some occasions. From her view, it's her life turned upside down. Of course dragonball is a series aimed at young boys, so it's not going to delve into the emotional turmoil of a wife losing her husband and/or son to combat.

Whether you agree with his analysis is up to you. I personally found it quite insightful, giving me some more appreciation for her, even if I still find her irritating.

Gohan is basically Luke Skywalker. The chosen one. He would have surpassed his father if his mother didn't ruin everything.

Gohan was never the chosen one, that's only what Goku thought. He's a regular human in an alien body.

>that's only what Goku thought
And that's all that fucking matters since Goku is the MC. Gohan was suppose to replace him and would have gotten far stronger than current Goku but as usual corporate has to ruin everything.

You mean Anakin, he was supposed to be the chosen one, with the highest s-cell count higher than master Yoda, but ruins his entire potential because he decides to be a cocky edgelord.

Gohan was always a nerd. Chi-Chi was the tiger mom incredibly dedicated to making his dream to be a scholar come true. She wasn't forcing something on him that he didn't want, she was just over the top in her enthusiasm. Because she's a mother. And if Gohan was studying to be a scholar, he wasn't going involved in the harsh world of fighting, and Chi-Chi as a mother didn't want to her child getting hurt and potentially killed. She didn't like Goku getting hurt and dying either, but she accepted Goku will be Goku. She wanted to at least keep her child safe, even if she knew deep down Gohan had to fight, he is Goku's son, and she had to relent.

Here's the thing. Goku died a second time. Chi-Chi mellowed out big time, even raising their second child practically in honor of him. Gohan was the man of the house and default hero. What did he do? He slacked off. He chose to slack off. Everything suggested he did. Every time Gohan's diminished capabilities were the topic, he was held responsible. Gohan himself knew it. When Vegeta blasted him on his pitiful performance against Dabura, Gohan felt ashamed because he knew it was preventable (it might not have been in the manga but who cares, lots of stuff isn't and it added to the story). As much as Gohan liked a good fight, he enjoyed peace so much more that he would neglect the training necessary to preserve it. So he dealt with the consequences of his choices, until an old magic man fixed everything for him to no prevail. And according to Super, Gohan still didn't learn anything and finally has to.

tl;dr stop blaming mommy for everything, especially now that Gohan is a grown ass man with a family of his own. Also Toriyama preferred Goku as the hero, it was his decision, accept it already.

if gohan stopped training why was he so fucking jacked

Saiyan genes? I don't know. Perhaps he did sometimes, but I doubt he trained even a quarter as hard as Vegeta did.

Those saiyan genes man. Fortunately Gohan was home-schooled or else there would be a lot of questions.

>tl;dr stop blaming mommy for everything, especially now that Gohan is a grown ass man with a family of his own. Also Toriyama preferred Goku as the hero, it was his decision, accept it already.
You misinterpret. People weren't angry about Goku being the main character, they were angry about the bait & switch.
At the beginning of the Buu arc we are literally told "Gohan is the hero now", then you have the setup for him to save the day with the new powers, like Goku did in Namek etc but then he just jobs horribly.
And then you have the finale with the weakened version of Buu so Goku and Vegeta can somehow handle him, and they don't bring Gohan and Gotenks to help because at this point they're far stronger and would make short work of the main villain, which wouldn't make much of a finale to the series.
Buu arc is a fucking joke in general.

Too bad the thing I wanted to talk about had a thread that got deleted because DBSpics couldn't keep their "discussion" to their containment thread.

she loves her family a lot

I don't disagree, I'm just tired of people who refuse to lay responsibility where it rightfully belongs. Just as they can't fully accept Gohan, they can't accept the possibility the creator of their favorite series was kind of a hack, even when he admits to it.