Which was better, Apocrypha or FSN [UBW]?

Which was better, Apocrypha or FSN [UBW]?

Other urls found in this thread:

sukebei.nyaa.si/view/1705201
mofumoe.org/content/kagetsu-tooya
mofumoe.org/content/fatestay-night
nyaa.si/view/427133
mofumoe.org/content/fatehollow-ataraxia
mega.nz/#F!OQwx1DYA!1c0Dkm1VfOPpthg6etuU4g
youtube.com/watch?v=jnmp2Vx7q6k
youtube.com/watch?v=kuW5yax4GUs
youtube.com/watch?v=5AfTGOdeDDg
youtube.com/watch?v=vVYCU2dhwIY
youtube.com/watch?v=HP0hN6W-dwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Both are shit. Prisma is the only good Fate anime. Just read the VN for FSN and ignore Apoc.

Manchildren on top
Adults on bottom

Apocrypha appeals to the kind of autists who only eat spaghetti dinosaurs and cheap white sliced bread with no butter and who separate the t-rexes from the diplodocuses on their plate then only eat the t-rexes, one rex at a time while making screeching dinosaur noises.

Seeing as Apocrypha is the worst thing to come out of the franchise, I think the answer is obvious.

What the fuck is your problem with dinos?

Apocrypha have more girls, therefore it's better

>Apocrypha

In a franchise that is filled with almost only low points this one takes the cake.

Sounds like your kind of show

>t. Ironic weeb seanigger

I had more fun watching Apocrypha, but Blade Works has less flaws and was a better adaptation

>In a franchise that is filled with almost only low points

Explain?

>weeb
>nigger
/out/

It means that 90% of fate is shit.

Sieg has so much better character development than the blank sheet that is Shirou. Apocrypha in general had a very deep plot, but you have to be intelligent to fully appreciate it. UBW on the other hand had shitty characters and literally no plot, only lots of meaningless talking. Imo Apocrypha is probably the best Type-Moon work.

Apocrypha

Apocrypha was not bad(pretty decent actually) but it was definitely the worst Fate I've ever watched, even surpassing Prillya in that regard, but at the end, it all comes down to personal taste.

Apocrypha, by far.

You haven't seen Deen/Stay Night then I assume.

Stop it, user, you're making the Snyderfags on Sup Forums look good.

This. Though I had more fun with it (probably because of some characters I really liked like Vlad, Caules and Mordred). The novel felt better though

>The novel felt better though

Fate in short. The novel is better.

Mordred and Alfo was the only good thing that came out of Apoopcrypha

Based autists.

FSN a shit. It was all about Shirou and Saber and their various unbeatable hax.
>can survive anything thanks to this random shield Shirou knows nothing about
>can summon any weapon and master it better than the original user somehow
>beats future self who has way more experience with own power
>beats strongest servant on his own just because

The only thing good about Fate is the waifus. Apoc has far superior waifus in it.

not sure if bait or speedwatcher
either way I hope you step on a used needle you fuck

As someone who has never touched any Fate media outside of the anime, I've enjoyed Apocrypha more.

>Siegfags exist

Both are trash with DBS-tier writing but Apocrypha's waifubait sluts are more fappable

>mfw Siegfags exist

Sup Forums is dead i guess. About time.

Holy fucking cow.

wat

I don't know what you expected from Sup Forums
animefags hate Shirou because he gets more pussy than they do

Joke's on you

Apo is hands down the best fate adaptation. It enhances the light novel's main selling point, big booms. UBW gives you cool scenes at the expense of rhino noses and seems to think it needs to treat itself as a sequel to Zero. You're better off reading the VN to get the full experience.

Sieg is shit though.

You display anger, VNfag. Is it rage over Sieg being the most awesomenest protagonist?!

>most awesomenest protagonist
Shirou is one of the best protagonists ever written
Sieg is basically irrelevant

Is there some kind of scientific explanation to why autists are so fascinated with dinosaurs?

MUH
MODERN
HAMLET

That's some awfully spiecific information there.

Are you speaking from experience?

Which was better,

Shirou vs Archer or Sieg vs Shirou?

To be honest senpai, as a man that watched the airing of the original Fate Stay Night way back, Fate after Hollow has been complete shit. No exceptions. Hollow as already kinda bad, then it just went off the deep end. You can tell it clearly cause there was a five year power gap between Hollow and the next thing they did. I don't hate fans of the new shit, but they should at least be smart enough to call it for what it is.

No you just have really shit taste if you like that chibi/majic girl shite..or you're underage..or you're a pedophile. Either way you shouldn't be here

tl;dr read the type moon vns

>Tsukihime
sukebei.nyaa.si/view/1705201

>Tsukihime Fun Disc: Kagetsu Tohya
mofumoe.org/content/kagetsu-tooya

>Fate/stay night
mofumoe.org/content/fatestay-night

>Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua]
nyaa.si/view/427133
realtapatch.tumblr.com/

>Fate/hollow ataraxia
mofumoe.org/content/fatehollow-ataraxia
forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/7705-Fate-Hollow-Ataraxia-Voice-Patch

>Fate Franchise Loseless Soundtracks
mega.nz/#F!OQwx1DYA!1c0Dkm1VfOPpthg6etuU4g

how is apo the worst thing to come out? The fights in the last few episodes alone make it one of the best shows of this anime season. Considering prisma illya exists, you've gotta be a complete retard to say apo is the worst thing of the nasu animeverse

Both sucked, but Apocrypha sucked a little less to me. Loved Jannu, but goddamn is it disappointing to watch her get screwed out of ever finishing a fight she's involved with.

Apo was approved by Nasu but it wasn't written by him.

>Nasu Fate

Stay Night
Hollow Ataraxia
Extra
Extra CCC
Grand Order

whatsup with all these underage faggots creating threads about things they dislike so they can waste hours of their day telling people how shitty they think it is. its such pathetic and petty behavior

Welcome to Sup Forums

>Like shit
>People tell you its shit
>Nooooo stop it
Do you want mods to start banning all the people that don't like what you like faggot? Get the fuck out.

Apocrypha

Forgetting nero-shilltella there

We don't talk about that game

>spaghetti dinosaurs
Damnit. I wasn't even aware that such wonderful things existed.

DEEN stay night unironically captured the feel of the VN the best and it just had a magical atmosphere overall, it was definitely helped by it's phenomenal sound design and score but I think Yamaguchi understood the core a lot better than anyone gives him credit for.

Also DEEN/stay night should have defined the sound of fate overall.

DEEN Shirou VS Archer

>I think Yamaguchi understood the core a lot better than anyone gives him credit for.
>Also DEEN/stay night should have defined the sound of fate overall.

Explain

It gets a lot of things right in terms of atmosphere. And by define the sound of fate I mean Kenji Kawai's soundtrack should be the starting point for anyone making any music for the fate franchise, he nailed everything, perfectly.

UBW tried to be very "cinematic" and in doing so I felt like it lost a lot. It's hard to explain but Saber's summoning in UBW is just a big cinematic reveal, but in DEEN/Stay Night it's wispy, and it feels ephemeral right from the get go, and there's a real sense of longing that comes from the soundtrack choice which perfectly mirrors Saber. Everything about it has this magical energy. The spectrum of light coming from the summoning circle, the way the formless silhouette becomes saber, the music. It all fits.

It's things like that, the way Gilgamesh acts, etc. They're all "right" it feels whole, like there's more soul behind them.

Also srsly tell me this song doesn't capture saber perfectly.

youtube.com/watch?v=jnmp2Vx7q6k

DEEN/Stay Night also kept Shirou's thoughts of when he first saw Saber, right?

Yep, it held the scene while shirou narrated then cut to a slow pan of her face while he finished the last line. It's word for word IIRC.

What was Lancer doing while Shirou and Saber looked at each other?

What about UFO Shirou VS Archer?

Probably thinking "shit" then saber jumps at him.

UBW had better animation

The smearing in apocrypha is kind of gross

This looks so fucking terrible

>Kenji Kawai's soundtrack should be the starting point for anyone making any music for the fate franchise, he nailed everything, perfectly.

Which UBW theme is better?

youtube.com/watch?v=kuW5yax4GUs

youtube.com/watch?v=5AfTGOdeDDg

Extra isn't written by nasu, only CCC had him directly in charge of making the plot.
GO is mostly written by others too, HA had some special guests for some scenes.

How is that a question? Kenji Kawai's is better. Both of his EMIYA's are better too.

They ran out of budget after all those fights and 24 episodes, so they had to make those few frames on the cheap.
It'll be fixed for the BD release, which is the only thing that matters.

>It'll be fixed for the BD release, which is the only thing that matters.

Why does this always happen with anime

To encourage people to buy the BDs.

>buy the early volumes and we'll have the money to touch up the later volumes which you can then buy.

What do you think of Kaijura's Fate music?

>It's things like that, the way Gilgamesh acts, etc.

?

This looks great, only a brainlet would hate it
Go back to watching your overfiltered shit

I haven't watched either but HF is better.

How come?

Crap. Like everything she's done post Xenosaga. She even managed to make sword of promised victory (I never liked that translation, but w/e) worse, but at least the director worked around it and made good use of it for it's big reveal in Zero.

It's best girl's route.

Gilgamesh has a much better handled balance of his ass holery and how he acts almost beastial at times which UBW and Zero missed completely, ESPECIALLY ZERO HOLY SHIT HE WAS AWFUL IN THE ZERO ANIME. And his twisted ability to be noble.

UBW he's just an asshole. In Deen/stay night he's bestial with a hint of nobility.

Do you mean the Fate route or the way DEEN portrayed him?

The way deen did it. Just watch the two and you can see the radical difference in the way the two handle it. He's just an ass in UFO table's stuff.

What else did DEEN/stay night do right?

UBW. To be fair, I've only watched small snippets of Apo, but what I have seen looked pretty bad

youtube.com/watch?v=vVYCU2dhwIY

Didn't go overboard with the Michael Bay.
The Grail War is meant to be a secret war fought in the shadows of the city. Having explosions constantly kinda ruins that.

archer vs berserker was good shit.

Nah, don't like it, it reeks of her older stuff just watered down and is just unimaginative. There is one good piece in Zero but I can't remember it's name, it plays when Kotomine attacks Iri and she summons the bird familiar.

Didn't Saber and Gil make an explosion in the park?

What about when Lancer and Assassin fight on a truck?

>There is one good piece in Zero but I can't remember it's name, it plays when Kotomine attacks Iri and she summons the bird familiar.

This?

youtube.com/watch?v=HP0hN6W-dwM

>Lancer and Assassin fight on a truck
when did that happen? wasn't that HF?

Yes, that's a rare spark that reminds me of early 2000s Kaijura when she was actually reasonably inventive and pretty good with stuff like .hack//sign and xenosaga.

Gil was literally written as a generic shoujoshit villain who creeperlusts over le protagonist girl and her Chad boyfriend has to btfo him. Let's not forget that Fate was conceived as shoujo trash before being genderflipped.

It was Urobuchi who rewrote Gil, and his interpretation of the character became so popular it carried on into every other appearance of Gil since then such as Fate/Extra. To the point that even Nasu accepted the retcon of Gil's personality and made up some bullshit about he was only a creeper psycho in F/SN because the modern ages pissed him off or whatever.

I watched It, wasn't as bad as people say it is, Deen just fucked things up in the middle of the anime when they tried to implement Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel, with the exception of that, the 2006 anime gives a good introduction to the Fateverse, but I still agree that it's the worst(tied with Prillya and Apocrypha)

I think the michael bay shit and waning secrecy of holy grail wars is more a side effect of subsequent fate materials bleeding back into fsn rather than a conscious design choice.

I mean by the time ufotable decided to do UBW they had already done fate/zero, which predominately features a collossal cthulu monster fighting a bunch of servants in the middle of a massive public area. The idea that grail wars were extremely secretive and that killing bystanders was more important than fighting other servants was basically thrown out the window by this point.

Uro's gil fucking sucked. Nasu obviously took something from it but it's not Uro's gil, it's more like a synthesis of all the elements from before. Which is pretty natural really, Gil's still a godawful character Nasu should drop, but his evolution over different works is pretty coherant, I wouldn't call it a retcon as much as that, him taking inspiration from other people's takes and adding it to his own.

I mean hell Nero is basically his take on Iskandar.

>What about when Lancer and Assassin fight on a truck?
What?

>generic shoujoshit villain
>hates the modern age, thinks the earth is overpopulated and wants to eliminate most of humanity so that we can go back to the good old days when petty criminals didn't exist
>generic fucking shoujoshit villain

>Apocrypha or FSN [UBW]
Apocrypha was just for giggles 2bh.
UBW was a lot better.

Haven't seen heaven's feel movie yet though.
Zero still shits on all fate series.