Battle Angel Alita

How come I literally never heard of this manga before the movie announcement? I just finished it and it's pretty good. A cyberpunk classic. What did people think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/alita/
desuarchive.org/a/search/text/alita/type/op/start/2017-01-01/
desuarchive.org/a/search/subject/alita/text/-alita/type/op/start/2017-01-01/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

your tard

Maybe because you are a fucking pleb?
You probably haven't heard of MD Geist either

THAT"S the one I always think about when I bring up Genocyber, fuck! Thanks, user.

I love how now that I made my thread about this last night, about how I've never seen this anime mentioned, EVERYBODY is making Gally threads now.

This just proves me right. I am literally responsible for a whole generation of Sup Forums knowing what GUNMU is.

die teen

Because you're a fucking newfag.

>I am literally responsible for a whole generation of Sup Forums knowing what GUNMU is.
Even pretending that your "Sup Forums never talked about Gunnm until the movie" bullshit was true (I already gave you irrefutable proof that it wasn't in your other thread), this would still be a retarded claim, because obviously after the fucking Hollywood movie announcement, every normalfag and their mother knows what Gunnm is.

You never heard about it because she is property of /m/.

So which arc was the best and why was it the second one? Deconstructing the typical adolescent romance and making the bad boy get BTFO was amazing.

that anime is too dangerous for OP.

I was here for hyper oats, meguka, gay pianos and KlK, and Alita literally got mentioned once or twice per year if even that.

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/alita/
>8058 total mentions since 2008
>desuarchive.org/a/search/text/alita/type/op/start/2017-01-01/
>desuarchive.org/a/search/subject/alita/text/-alita/type/op/start/2017-01-01/
45 threads with it in the OP this year.

shh, don't disrupt his delusions, he'll start cutting himself again.

Keep disrupting his delusions, he'll start cutting himself again.

To be fair unless you Robot that lurks Sup Forums alot, those threads never last very long because scummy mods bury them fast as fuck.

Dunno, everyone mentioned it when american movie adaptatons came up as the thing James Cameron really wanted to do but wasn't going to till now

One of my fave.
Love Gally.

I'm starting to get used to the ayyy lmao live action Gally.

And then, when he finally did, he decided to kill it...

Because you're a normalfag

Many Alita related threads lately.... is someone, maybe, trying to promote the movie?

Wait, do I know you?

I'm going to hope nobody on Sup Forums is retarded enough to watch a Hollywood adaptation.

OVA Gally might be the prettiest 90s girl in the world! Re-L is the prettiest 00s girl!

More like the normalfags that stalk Sup Forums suddenly heard about it now that they're making a hollywood adaptation.
Plenty of cool cyberpunk shit out there, just not interested enough in finding it till someone spoonfeeds them.

Eh, to be honest I found the only big weak point in the entire seriest are that Gally's "boyfriends" are not even close to being her equal and don't deserve any attention from her from anything they've actually done beyond being there so I wasn't huge on this part. It's less me putting her on a pedestal and more that it just plain felt off though Hugo at least was due to her naivete.

I haven't watched this in so long I've forgotten it.

>implying Lina Inverse is the prettiest in both decades

>is the prettiest
isn't*
derp

mmm, the battle sport one has a horned robot cut someone's arms off and wear them on his head. So that is the best arc.

Figure was good for Gally's development and the romance was feasible. He represented something Gally had almost forgotten, the strength of will of those without real power. While she with all her abilities and string of victories had been tethered to Tiphares' commands and tried to escape her enslavement by losing herself in the madness of battle, Figure was a slave to none but his own fate, which he still made his own.

He wasn't her equal in terms of fighting prowess or power in general, but he was his own man.

They're all stupid earthborns while Gally's superior martian martial master. There's no way she'd find her equal on Earth.

Do you think the same of male characters having love interests that don't match to their strength? Does it also feel off when a strong warrior chooses a normal girl as his lover?

>gay pianos
Wasn't that like late 2012 or 2013?
I've been around Sup Forums since mid 2011 and I still don't consider myself not new.

I've been here since 2008 and I'm pretty sure anyone who came to Sup Forums circa Code Geass or later is still a newfag, myself included.

Dat ass.
Gally was crazy sexual at times.

Jashugan had his own super special martial art and literally surpassed his own existence after Gally beats him.
Everyone surpasses themselves but Gally. She just fights and tries to hold shit together, and everyone she meets falls apart. It's the same in the first arc where the guy she likes gets shredded by the tiparthes spike ring. She never gets to hold onto anything except her brain.

you are American ad thus sheltered and ignorant of foreign media tat wasn't filtered and castrated by toonami.

Gally has such shit taste in men damn.

wow user, of the 809431920345823405948320466237458954728347453890 things mentioned, Alita was mentioned a whopping 8000??

Stop the presses.

>it doesn't count!

>Hating on Figure
Really?

That's some damage control right there.

Gee, if only there was something like a post count to get an accurate measure of things mentioned, instead of having to use a big number strawman.

That scene was great since the guy who got his arms chopped off was so happy to be "chosen"

Nice post on what makes Figure so good.