>Makes shit up as he goes along
>cuts corners
>needs editors to tell him to go make better designs
>Likes his characters simple

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>spends most of the time fucking around making plastic models
>still makes fight choreography and panelling better than most can do working the entire week
>still manages to create a highly successful franchise
Sounds like victory to me.

>cuts corners
>needs editors to tell him to go make better designs
>Likes his characters simple

>literally the shounen genre

gj op

still overrated

Literally what is wrong with making shit up as you go along? If anything it's a trait to be praised.

where's the relative counterpart?

how is this a legitimate criticism of fiction

Not OP but more of the better endings and more fulfilling story arcs are generally found in people who map our their stories to a significant degree before working on them. Organic writers don't usually know how to end their shit.

>Organic writers don't usually know how to end their shit.
Editors and greedy businessmen usually prefer not to end them. At best, it ends and there’s a sequel.

I don't think anyone overrates Toriyama.

Urasawa

Yawara
>but jii-chan I don't want to do judo anymore! x12
Monster
>look at how Tezuka-esque this doctor main character is, not overrated shit at all
Pluto
>i did it again lol
20th Century Boys
>can you believe Aum Shinrikyo exists? I can lol

Toriyama is probably the most popular manga, and video game artist as well for that matter, ever
Dragonball and Dragon Quest are so mind numbigly huge that many many people overrate him
Obviously not the kind of people who come to Sup Forums but millions of people around the world

Video game artist yes. But Oda has him beat as a manga artist.

Yoshikazu
>cant draw feet
>introduces a tournament arc that takes multiple years to conclude

Miura
Just read the latest chapters of Berserk.

>Dragonball and Dragon Quest are so mind numbigly huge that many many people overrate him
So, OP wants to complain that Toriyama Is overrated because he's succesfull?

Oda beats him in the local manga/anime market, Toriyama has both global and local market with his series
I think Toriyama is a bigger name than Oda overall
He's super popular so many people overrate him

>got a faggy fucking desk

That is literally a list of his greatest attributes rewritten in an unflattering light
>creative
>finishes his work on time every time
>listens to advice
>creates iconic designs

How does he work like that? I would be constantly worried about the laptops falling down.

kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/ should've stop after freeza

No offense but you're reaching abit there

>You can be both creative and still plan shit out in advance
>Finishing your work early doesn't necessarily invalidate it of all criticism, If Toriyama put a 2 more hours into a design then it would look better now, 20 years later while.
>This one I will give you
>Simple doesn't mean iconic, While they were that doesn't necessarily work all the time.

Though in the end it did all work out so its very hard to criticizes him on his way of doing things.

Toriyama is great at character design and comedy, but shit at action and storytelling.

It's a shame he mostly gets reduced to Dragon Ball in the West, while his superior works such as Dr. Slump tend to be overlooked.

>look at my amazing ergonomic drawing desk while I am sitting with crossed legs and my shoulders pointing in front of me because I am sitting too far from the desk and I can't move the chair because it is nailed down