Devilman Crybaby

Barely a week left. New PV is out.
Akira and Ryo are now childhood friends.
twitter.com/NetflixJP/status/946153990554755072

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DevilmanCryBaby/status/946013935597002754
manga.tokyo/news/spring-2018-anime-devilman-crybaby-worldwide-release/
youtube.com/watch?v=xzXBcLK4MR0
twitter.com/sachie__/status/946375516864487424
twitter.com/DevilmanCryBaby/status/946032622597111808
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Weren't they childhood or at least old friends as well in the original manga?

The only time I remember a chldhood scene being drawn was on Devilman Saga, during a flashback.
In the original there was no scene, just Akira seeing Ryo on high school and having this weird "oh yeah, my friend" moment due to Psycho Jenny's powers. It was added in later versions, I don't think it's on the scans we have available.

It's today, right?

Yes, they published the schedule before twitter.com/DevilmanCryBaby/status/946013935597002754
What I'd give for being there.

They're having a crazy rave night themed on Devilman?
That's pretty sick, are there going to be demons?

Is Netflix dubbing this? I wouldn't mind hearing OVA Ryo's voice again.

user there is no way they would use the old anime dub actors.

It'll be dubbed for some languages, yes.
manga.tokyo/news/spring-2018-anime-devilman-crybaby-worldwide-release/
The PVs are dubbed already on English (or at least one of them that I know of) if you log on Netflix from certain countries and look them up, but the VAs are different I think. I don't live in an English speaking country so I can't know.

You mean pic related fucking Siren, right?

Will it beat the record set up by Fractale? 666 total BD sales should be adequate

They would all sound like 50yo men. No, thank you. The Netflix English dub is meh judging from the trailers.

God, this continues to look better and better. Now i couldnt even imagine anyone other than Yuasa directng it. I think people dont realize how lucky we are. Miki looks fine as fuck too.

Well, they fucking should.
youtube.com/watch?v=xzXBcLK4MR0

Staff:
Original Work: Go Nagai Devilman
Director: Masaaki Yuasa
Scriptwriter: Ichiro Okuouchi
Music: Kensuke Ushio
Character Design: Ayumi Kurashima
Devil Design: Kiyotaka Oshiyama
Supervision of Rap: KEN THE 390
Color Design: Ken Hashimoto
Art Director: Ryo Kono
Director of Photography: Toshikazu Kuno
Edit: Akari Saito
Sound Director: Eriko Kimura
Producer: Yohei Shintaku, Kazuomi Nagai
Animation Production: Science SARU
Animation Producer: Eun Young Choi
Produced by Aniplex Inc.Dynamic Planning Inc.

Some really veteran people in there. Staff looks strong.

>Supervision of Rap
What.

>Scriptwriter: Ichiro Okuouchi
What can go wrong?

Code Geass is a masterpiece. But no really he is actually quite good when he is not told to create trash. Planetes is considered to be one of the best hard scifi anime there is and its pretty much his one-man show. Recent princess principal also had his script and was considered well thought out and written. Shigofumi, Berserk movies and Turn a gundam were alo written by him.

Rap for some reason will be quite important in the story.

Oh.

twitter.com/sachie__/status/946375516864487424
Here, have some black sabbath laced with drugs.

>Yuasa
This guy used to be my favorite director.
Then Lu Over The Wall happened.

>preffering Yuasa to Nakamura
what a pleb

Are they going to release all of the episodes at once?

Yeah.

>Akira and Ryo
>being childhood friends
Sounds like that brainwashing demon's being a little too thorough

Yes, next week on friday all at once worldwide in multiple languages dubbed and subbed.

Wait, really? Why? Not that I mind that I would be able to watch it in one go, but why all at once? Doesn't make much sense; it's in their interest to drag everything out.

>Doesn't make much sense; it's in their interest to drag everything out.
Do you even know what Netflix is, you fucking retard?

They put out so much stuff every week and every day that it would really fuck up their other releases. Its also not how most people watch shows on there. Most people if they can want to binge watch most shows in one go or in a few days.
I guess their philosophy isnt to drag it out so that you stay, but to always give you new content so that you stay for the next cool thing to come out.

Ryo's design is so bad

I don't.
I'm from Kazakhstan, do you think I know everything Americans do? I have my own interests you know.

Netflix works like that, that's how they are killing television.

They look so cute.

Are they going to fuck?

Wait, seriously? Here I was expecting to wait another year for this. I'm excited now.

And I HATE being excited.

The hair is stupid and retarded

Psycho Jean loves her work.

It's not inherently bad, it's just that his sideburns were iconic.

>dubstep

I can't wait for the remade version of ARE WA DARE DA DARE DA

Same here

If I've never had any sort of interaction with the Devilman series, do you guys think I should watch this new one first or start somewhere else?

This looks so fucking bad

Nagai made them childhood friends already, kind of

Yuasafags are going to have a meltdown when this trash airs.

Read the manga.
Devilman->Shin Devilman->Devilman Lady->Devilman Saga

Why would they have a meltdown when this looks like it might be one of Yuasa's best works yet?

People like you however, who expect this show to be shit, I can see easily having a meltdown when many people consider it an AOTS/AOTY contender.

Alright, thanks user.

>1 mediocre work means that his 6 other great works don't count
Who IS your favourite director then, if even having 1 less than perfect thing disqualifies someone?

Maybe stopping for NeoDevilman and Violence Jack.

>Akira and Ryo are now childhood friends.
I thought they were in the manga? Or at least knew each other before the start of the series.

Depends on what experience you want to have. This is going to be a full adaptation of the original Devilman manga, so if you want to you could go into it blind and have it as your first experience. But given that a lot of the hype for it is due to it being an adaptation of a classic manga, you might wanna read it first so you get what this does differently.

who the fuck is nakamura

Mononoke, Trapeze, Gatchaman Crowds I think...

Lu over the Wall had some groundbreaking animation and it was clearly made to see how the boundaries of traditional animation could be pushed with flash. I'd say it was fantastic, much better than merely replicating old styles.

oh that nakamura

he's been dead as a director for years

>this looks like it might be one of Yuasa's best works yet?
Why do you think so?

I wonder what are they going with those two. This PV already shows they're doing new original scenes for them. The manga is ambiguous when it comes to how/when they met as it was just Psycho Jenny and her hypnosis.
Pic very related, I found it among their official Twitter account's media. The full article won't be out until February once the issue of the magazine is released.
>「不動明と飛鳥了のラブストーリー」ともいえる原作を完全映像化するうえで、これ以上になく理想的なカップリングを実現させた
>「DEVILMAN crybaby」悪魔のカを得てデビルマンとなる主人公・不動明を全身全霊で________
>キーパーソン・飛鳥了をミステリアスに演じた村瀬歩が、怒涛の収録を振り返る!
The ending of the second line is too blurry to transcript, at least for me. It's the first line, with the「不動明と飛鳥了のラブストーリー」 part what made me raise an eyebrow, however. Ryo, I can understand, but Akira?

Tsuritama was pretty good. And it has been only 4 years since Crowds.

>not enjoying anime meant for literal children
That's a new low.

Netflix is worldwide. Unless your cuckoo Kazakh government blocks it, you can watch it.

>不動明と飛鳥了のラブストーリー
What magazine. This is super interesting.

Apparently it's called 映画秘宝.
Here's the original tweet with more pictures. twitter.com/DevilmanCryBaby/status/946032622597111808

It's a regular cinema magazine? I'm mindblown. Are they trying to make the ラブストーリー official or what?

crowds is not good though, and did you forget about C

Haven't watched C, but isn't it supposed to be some BONES-tier batshit crazy stuff?

>Lu Over The Wall
That was a really fun movie though

>now
I thought they were always childhood friends, at least I thought that's what was implied from the manga, even if it was never shown.

>Music: Kensuke Ushio
Can't wait. Everything this man touches is gold.

PARTY HARD

There's so many Devilman manga I forget about a bunch of titles

>>不動明と飛鳥了のラブストーリー
They're not wrong, except Ryo never wins

>Are they trying to make the ラブストーリー official or what?
That's what left me wondering. Saying Ryo's in love with Akira is one thing (the 4th picture talks about the reason he made Akira into Devilman, which was disclosed in the end of the original manga during the Satan/Lord Zenon conversation: 愛情を与え続けてきた。だから了は明のことが好きで、彼を失いたくないからデビルマンにする), but calling it 'Fudou Akira and Ryou's love story' is another. It's a strange way to frame it.

It's probably just fujobaiting.

That's how you do fujobait.

Baiting in a normalfag magazine for normalfag movie-watchers (with Star Wars on the cover)? Get real. It's baffling. Maybe an interview with the staff would shed some light.

It's a love story though, unrequited but it's there. Their relationship is essential.

Here's the magazine in question. If only some kind soul would buy it and scan it properly.

It'll actually contain a "conversation" (I had to look up 対談: that's what it's, apparently) between Ryo and Akira's VAs (third picture), and then an interview with director Yuasa (fourth picture).
Second picture just seems to be an introduction, talking about stuff we already know.

The ラブストーリー is surely something mentioned in the full article, the context is necessary before jumping to conclusions.

I have no idea about the article, but the context of the story is pretty obvious.

Ryo, on the other hand...

I hope good memes come out from this

I don't know what is he wearing but it's terrible.

What am I even looking at here

the crotch on those fucking pants are below his knees

Is that normal that anime get pages and ads in such mainstream magazines?

What the fuck

Thats whats popular in streetwear and high fashion, oversized cloths, clear and simple outlines and colours, those high top boots, the haircut straight out of a k-pop band etc.
If you are into fashion this doesnt look that out there. I quite like it personally.

Sup Forums is definitely not effay

When it's something as massive and culturally important as Devilman, then yes. He's a super hero to them, like Batman or Spiderman,

Go Nagai sure does like boobs.

what core is this

It's big coat season

You are replying the wrong person.

>不動明と飛鳥了のラブストーリー
Oh no. I was here for Kado, I'm not falling for this shit again.

Oh, yea. That was meant for

That manga is complete garbage and non-canon, though.

At least we know it's going to adapt the manga ending so Akira isn't impregnating Miki so they can finish Satan off any time soon.