I miss him, Sup Forums ;_;

I miss him, Sup Forums ;_;
Also general Kon thread.
What's your favourite of his works?
Do you think we'll ever see Dreaming Machine?

I won't blame them if they don't finish the Dreaming Machine. I think it's better to let it go than to force out something that doesn't live up to expectations.

I only really liked Perfect Blue and Paranoia Agent.
Millenium Actress and Tokyo Godfathers were alright though.

Perfect Blue > Paprika > Tokyo Godfathers = Paranoia Agent > Millenium Actress
Although even the weakest one is still a 7 in my books.

>Do you think we'll ever see Dreaming Machine?
No

I honestly think that Millennium Actress is his best work.

He was too good for this world.

Perfect Blue > [Magnetic Rose] (he wrote the script) > Sennen Joyou > Tokyo Godfathers > Paranoia Agent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Paprika

Perfect Blue and Magnetic Rose are my favorite anime and movies overall and even Paranoia Agent is a 6.5 or 7/10, but Paprika was the worst thing I'd ever seen. Maybe it's my fault for hyping it up too much (it did have Kon's name on it after all) but I absolutely despised it. I nearly fell asleep at one point and only kept watching so that I could say that I've watched it.

I can see how Paprika can be boring to lots of people. I had my problems with the ending in particular, but calling it the worst thing you'd seen sounds like a bit much.

Millennium Actress is my favorite and then Paranoia Agent. I think I was 12 when I first started watching his work. I think it was Paranoia Agent on adult swim and then Starz used to play Tokyo Godfathers. I thought TG was alright but when I watched it again, I realized it was actually a pretty great movie. Paprika is rewatchable but it is his weakest work. But even for his weakest, I still give it a 7.5 or 8/10. I wish I could buy all his movies and tv show on blu ray.
I hope Dreaming Machine comes out since he left his notes for it.

Meant to say that Perfect Blue is my second favorite

I would agree that Paprika is his weakest work. It's by no means horrible though.

So, what the fuck was he again?

That time Satoshi Kon fused with Mamoru Oshii?

Oh wow never knew about this

That's true. I don't why a lot of people say Paprika is a horrible or a bad movie. To me, Paprika is equivalent to Death Proof. DP is weak but still great and an enjoyable 7.5/10 movie even though many said it was bad.

Did they ever finish this?

I can see that. Paprika is pretty interesting but could've use some refining in pacing and focus.

No

Not sure what your guys' problem is with Paprika. I think it's my second most rewatched Kon movie, the first being Perfect Blue.

Hmm I don't think any of the ones who thought Paprika was weak said they didn't rewatch it. It's like a solid 8 movie but I noticed that I have rewatched Paprika more than my other 2 favorite Kon movies.

It's still great. I definitely don't agree with the dude that said it's horrible.

We'll never see Dream Machine. They considered using a new director, but "realized" that it wouldn't be a Kon's movie. Instead they're taking the general idea and making a whole new movie.

That'd be best honestly. I'd rather them just do something else and just put Kon's name as like... him as the one who created the ideas in the film.

A scapegoat used by characters to run away form their problems.

If they can make it comparable to Spielberg and Kubrick with AI, that would be nice, having someone who can do Kon's Dreaming Machine justice and just credit Kon as like main development and design

>AI
>Good
It was yet another proof in the long list of evidence that Spielberg is a hack.

It's annoying that I only got into him after he had already passed.
I need another fix of satoshi's crafts. Paprika was brilliant.

In the show perhaps, life can be a bit stranger.

>Spielberg
user..

And Kubrick was his own genius, no toppin that.

Tokyo Godfather's is his best work.

Which reminds me, I need to go give it a watch.

Overrated hack. Only gets attention because his movies are modeled after hollywood style and have wide, generic appeal. Everything he touches is boring and juvenile.

I'm not enormously fond of Spielberg but Duel(1971) is a masterpiece.

I'm a papa spielberg fan. AI and Empire of the Sun are my favorite movies his.

Yeah I know right. It sucks

imho :
1. Perfect Blue
2. Millennium Actress
3. Magnetic Rose
4. Paprika
5. Tokyo Godfathers
6. Paranoia Agent

The JoJo episode he was involved in was the best of the OVA.

Tokyo Godfathers is by far my favorite
Paprika was pretty fun
Perfect Blue was okay
Didn't care for Millennium Actress at all
Literally 0 interest in Paranoia Agent

I'm only 4 episodes into Paranoia Agent but so far it's pretty great. What about it don't you care about?

Read the synopsis and didn't add it to the backlog like plenty of other shows.
I just don't really want to watch it.

My complaint with paranoia agent is that it sort of drags and has pointless episodes in the middle. I understand the purpose of the rumor episode but it’s not very engaging

>Didn't care for Millennium Actress at all
nigga you have no heart

I still feel robbed that he died so young. I've also given up on Dreaming Machine and just appreciate the films that did get made.

Same man. Just imagine if we got another 20 years of Kon. It'd be interesting to know if he's peaked before passing or if he'd come up with even greater stuff.

Truly one of a kind. Paprika and Perfect Blue are my favourites. I wouldn't be surprised if schools use his movies to teach editing.

Just give it a try.

Fair enough

Why did the fuck did you have to remind me ;_;

fuck you, anime will never be the same again

I think we will. I still believe.

I'll always keep believing.