Why don't the Oscars like anime (except Ghibli)?

die teen

>The Academy Awards, also known as the Oscars,[1] are a set of 24 awards for artistic and technical merit in the American film industry
>American film industry

>sapporo
>not kirin

Not gonna lie, it's because anime overly cliche and technically inferior. Anime is just flat out pretty bad, but we love it for it's cliches.
Just compare Moana to Your Name. Moana is simply better than Your Name on literally every single level.

Why should they? Why do you care?

This is b8

This. Your Name has pretty visuals and a good soundtrack, but the story is retarded and full of plot holes. As a whole, its artistic merit is just sappy nonsense. Compare that to Moana or even to the Lego movie on OP's pic and it's simply inferior, both artistically and technically.

A lot of things are better than that overrated Not hard to do considering your name is pretty mediocre

Watch more anime

Your name had only visuals going for it, nothing else.
Its not an impressive movie in general. And if you dont explicitly like romance genre its really void of value.

jews (hollywood) fear the samurai

Name ONE (1) anime better than A Goofy Movie

They let Rango win. I'll give them a pass on hating anime.

Because Your Name is a shitty movie

The real gross injustice was Kaguya losing to BH6

Shit, I guess your right.

Post the reaction faces when kyoanus inevitably loses to the fucking Emoji Movie

From what I've read/heard the judges for the animation categories are absolute trash, a lot of the time they don't even bother watching the nominations.

Best animated feature has always been treated as a joke, half the academy members who vote on it haven't even seen more than a single nominated film.

It has nothing to do with anime films getting shafted either, good american animated films get completely passed too which is why they have their own industry awards in the Annies.

People will only like animations if Disney says that it's good enough to be liked.
Disney rules the animation category supreme.
If Disney says that a Ghibli anime like Princess Mononoke is worth watching, then people will watch it. If they say that this anime isn't worth watching, then nobody needs to watch it.

>i care about normalfags western awards
>i want anime to be socially respected!

Teen thread.

Why would a shitty teenage melodrama win an oscar? if anything Princess Kaguya deserved it more

Big Hero 6 was just better.

What's wrong with wanting a medium you enjoy to acknowledged for how good it is?

I've never heard of American "anime". I think most people call that simply animation and I'm pretty that is a category. So I don't understand what the he'll you are talking about.

Why do you need validation from anyone but yourself? Are you that insecure about your taste?

Not really

Because an overhwhelming majority of it is actually not that good.

Why do you care about fake awards? Their staff for animated films don't know about animation, don't care and think it's for children.

It has nothing to do with validation.

Pretty sure OP is a falseflagger. I've seen about a dozen threads on Sup Forums exactly similar to this.

Because everyone cares for validation. Especially the Japanese. That's why they're mighty proud of Studio Ghibli for winning an Oscar.

Burgers have shit taste, this shouldn't be news. The real question is why anyone here pays attention to their awards.

As the current hegemonial power, what the burgers think about is more important than what spics and SEA-niggers care about.