Someday in the rain is the best episode, prove me wrong

Someday in the rain is the best episode, prove me wrong.

Also Haruhi thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R0PwpTemKgg
youtube.com/watch?v=Blyn4J9U8QU
youtube.com/watch?v=7FXsO4qJyPU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So how am I supposed to watch this "properly"? Apparently the episodes have been aired in four(?) different orders, and there's an S2 which includes some or all of the S1 episodes?

What the fuck.

Watch in the order S2 aired. S2 includes S1 episodes.

Chronological is for babies.
Are you a baby?

yes (◡ ◡ )

So which is the four are "chronological" and which are not?

Why are its eyes so far apart?

Watch chronological if you want to understand it easier
Watch air order if you want to like it

More importantly, why is her mouth so high and her chin so large? She just looks creepy...

This.

Also watch all episodes of endless eight arc kek

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is the best

When I was rewatching Haruhi last year, I watched all of E8. I had to seriously question my own sanity.

More like Someday in the Rain is the best thing to come out of anime

Hahahaha kek, I did too, I get what they tried to do, but in the LNs it was far shorter. KyoAni and Kadokawa money grab you reckon?

The one called "chronological" dumbass. Watch production order.

Take a pick

But the "broadcast order" as I understand is still different from the ones on the physical releases.

You only have to bother about the episode order of the DVDs if you buy them.

Here's a smug Haruhi.

>prove me wrong.
OK.

So I can assume torrent releases of the DVD/BDs are by default ordered in the "broadcast order"?

Don't watch the TV order. It was fun piecing it together, but why the fuck would you go off the LN order? Just watch it chronologically, I think Delicious' release follows it.

>prove me wrong
Live alive exists.
Bamboo leaf rhapsody exists.
The day of Sagittarius exists.
Melancholy VI exists.
The adventures of Asahina Mikuru exists.

I kinda agree with you, but I personally can't put a ranking between Someday, Sagittarius, and Live Alive

You spelled "Endless Eight" wrong

Oh and for Endless Eight, watch at least three episodes: the first one, the last one, and any in-between. Or you could be a madman and marathon it, it's good for your insanity.

Best episode is The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00.

I wouldn't assume anything.
Just check what you're doing because it will change your viewing experience.

You can't have the magical experience of watching "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00" not knowing anything about the plot if you go chronological for instance.

Only plebs skip episodes. You want to become Yuki.

I already proved myself once by marathoning it just before Dsiappearance, never doing that shit again. I'd rather watch Disappearance again rather watch 5 extra episodes.

Chronological is the correct order since it's the broadcast order for both seasons.

Fair enough, you don't have to do it more than once. But I honestly think watching all eight in one sitting is a great experience.

>You can't have the magical experience of watching "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00" not knowing anything about the plot if you go chronological for instance.
idk that's the only episode I've watched (because it was labeled as the "first" one) and it was just incoherent shit.

endless 8 is unironically the best arc

>I honestly think watching all eight in one sitting is a great experience

Whats with the recent influx of Haruhi threads recently? are they paid shill to hype us for another season?

Have you tried it yourself?

That's a stupid movie the characters are shooting, incoherent because the script was written by a dumbass teenager. Here's the catch though: not only did Kyoani perfectly capture the "cheap fanmovie" look, but the dialogues of this fanmovie basically spell out a lot of the actual story and make much more sense in hindsight. Plus, the shooting of that movie brings a lot of problems in the real world, some of which can be seen in the movie itself, but then again, you really notice them when you know what they are.

>But I honestly think watching all eight in one sitting is a great experience.
It was fun with Sup Forums last year, but I don't think I'd ever do it again

This is the most uncanny shit, I fucking swear.
Every time. Every time, without fail, when I finish a season or series, there is ALWAYS a thread for that thing I just finished. I just watched this episode an hour ago.

With that out of the way, I thought the whole thing was overall meh, can't really see what all the appeal was about, I kinda disliked Haruhi as a character.
My favorite part was definitely when Kyon was about to lay Haruhi the fuck out for almost having Koizumi rape her.

>That's a stupid movie the characters are shooting, incoherent because the script was written by a dumbass teenager.
Well I could gather that obviously.
>Here's the catch though: not only did Kyoani perfectly capture the "cheap fanmovie" look, but the dialogues of this fanmovie basically spell out a lot of the actual story and make much more sense in hindsight. Plus, the shooting of that movie brings a lot of problems in the real world, some of which can be seen in the movie itself, but then again, you really notice them when you know what they are.
So what's the point of watching it in the "broadcast order" then? The whole artistic integrity of this choice seems to be on poor foundation and they realized and later revised the order for this reason.

I wish I had watched this episode on broadcast order, I think I'd have noticed some of the hints

Did you watch the movie?

> The whole artistic integrity of this choice seems to be on poor foundation and they realized and later revised the order for this reason.
Not really, this episode is still the first one on the DVDs for the first season.

You just can't pull off the non chronological broadcast order twice, it wouldn't work that way, and chronological works better for a rewatch or for people already familiar with the LN.

Just cruisin' by.

I haven't seen the movie, no, nor the second season, but I did plan on watching that.
Is the movie very much worth watching? I didn't so much hate watching the first season, I just really would have liked to like it more.

>Is the movie very much worth watching?
Definitely. Some say the series is okay and the movie is a masterpiece, and while I think the series is already great on its own (although not as much as the movie), I can see why.

It's obviously better if you watch season 2 before the movie, but you don't necessarily have to watch all 8 episodes of Endless Eight, you can do with just the first, second and last one.

The movie is unironically a 10/10. I've already prepared myself that nothing will ever top it for me.

Live Alive is better, someday is the best episode to understand Nagato however.

I liked it on chronological, if you need a meme order to like Haruhi then you are a pleb

Well
it's less complex than Monogatari series order

Bamboo is a 10/10 episode on a 6/10 season

I disagree, on monogatari at least all the seasons have an internal coherence, in Haruhi the different orders change the coherence of the seasons themselves

nothing is as complex as the hidamari sketch broadcast order.

Days of Sagittarius has the most keks though

Why not watch 'em all simultaneously?

youtube.com/watch?v=R0PwpTemKgg

>dub
Into the trash.

Can't disprove a cold hard fact, my brother.

You're literally retarded. Watch the second season and then the movie before having an opinion. The movie, even if you hate it, is required viewing for anybody who claims to enjoy anime because of its formative place in the history of the medium (be that for the better or the worse).

Kill yourself. The direction of Endless Eight is a tour de force.

A useless one.

Weekly is ok, during a marathon it is not.

An incredibly bold artistic decision which masterfully illustrates a character's emotions in such a subtle hinting way that finally culminates in what some argue is the best anime film of all time.

If it's not your first viewing then I'll allow it.

>An incredibly bold artistic decision which masterfully illustrates a character's emotions in such a subtle hinting way
Not worth it. The movie itself makes a wonderful job of illustrating Nagato's emotions. And if you watched the rest of the show you don't need eight episodes of endless eight to make that point. 3 episodes would have been enough, any more than that is just Kyoani wanking itself off.

Spoken like a man who doesn't understand the perfection of Someday in The Rain.

Someday in the rain is great. Not sure why you felt like changing the subject to that.

This episode is great, in fact I just watched the episode again.
The ep itself features quite little direct interaction between Kyon and Haruhi apart from at the end but as a whole the episode shows how much they like each other.
Kyon showed this by being willing to travel all the way to the electronics store and carry back the heavy heater all by himself with virtually no complaint (I.E. just because Haruhi wanted him to)
Haruhi shows it a lot more, for most of the episode Haruhi is taking pictures of Mikuru in various outfits for the 'dvd bonus scenes' or something like that. This is something that she says Kyon directly told her not to do. Considering this is Haruhi you would expect her to do what she wants and totally ignore Kyon but she doesn't and in fact does exactly as he asks until he is away from the school.

When Kyon returns to the school he finds that Haruhi, Mikuru and Koizumi are nowhere to be found and quickly falls asleep after his exhausting trip.
Waking up Kyon finds Haruhi looming over himself and he has two girl's cardigans on his back, Disappearance directly follows this episode so it's safe to assume that Yuki put her cardigan on Kyon first and Haruhi got jealous and put hers on too.
Haruhi and Kyon walk home together and we get OP's picture, what a nice episode

Quite possibly the comfiest episode ever made. Perfect for winter.

>s3 will never ever be animated because there'll never be a new LN released that needs marketing

That dude just checked the fuck out, last rumor I heard was he was spotted as a judge for an amateur writing award or something?

the movie was also great because it showed even the stoic goddess Nagato can eventually get tired of putting up with Haruhi's shit. A hundred fucking years of summer fanservice, a hundred fucking years of titties, ass and fireworks. Even the Goddamn Yuki eventually cracked due to the groundhog day phenomenon. I mean she probably read every book in the public library while waiting for Kyon-kun to do his fucking homework. Read 'em twice even.

>that 4 minute scene of Yuki reading while you hear turbo aspies in the drama club yelling in the background.
When I watch this scene it takes me back to high school and how I use to yell at the drama club for being to loud and pulling pranks on them for revenge.
Band was loud too but we didn't fuck with them, there was 200 of them and 6 of us.
t. video production

youtube.com/watch?v=Blyn4J9U8QU
Why was this allowed?

>blocked in your region due to copyright claim

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about how Youtube sucks cocks.

Tsuruyaposting :)

She better get a life and bin that knife!

I remember when she was THE meme girl. What happened?

Time

People got bored of Haruhi S3 shitposting

We megassa squeeze them.

I would have skipped Endless Eight if it was literally the same episode nine times, but the animation team actually gave them different outfits and slightly different dialogue and camera angles, so the 100% completion fag in me watched every single one of them

Retarded subfag. Of all the dubs to rail on you pick fucking Haruhi? It has one of the best dubs ever.

>only 100
Try almost 300.

>*fag
Who cares, the sub is superior.

nyoro~n.jpg

Notice how everyone ignores Yuki and treats her like an object for the whole episode. Kyon gets kinda the same treatment and goes back to the club room but falls asleep before he can talk to Yuki, which is tragic because he might be the only one able to understand her. When he wakes up, he finds the human comfort he didn't have during the episode in the form of Haruhi and forgets about Yuki's cardigan because of that, which might have been the trigger for Disappearance, since the movie is about everyone neglecting Yuki.

I find it difficult to empathise with Yuki because she's an alien so I don't really have any idea what she's thinking

Chronological IS the meme order. If you don't watch it in the intended order at least once, you didn't get the real Haruhi experience. You got the dollar store, recap, Cliff's Notes version. You also, and this may be an unpopular fact and hard pill to swallow for some, need to watch the Lucky Star references to Haruhi to really get a sense of the impact and experience the show was. It is a phenomenon unique amongst anime.

You also owe it to yourselves to dig up the character songs. They are on the 'tube and some of them are as good as things in the series. Besides the more "anime" songs, also look for the Minori Chihara live action video from Disappearance. People who have seen it KNOW THE ONE. Goddammit I tell myself I'll just pop into the ubiquitous Haruhi thread and toss in a couple pics as tribute but I cannot ever stop myself from spending an hour and refreshing the thread till it maxes out.

Didn’t episodes air chronologically with S2?

I agree for stuff like Endless Eight (how can you relate to being stuck in a timeloop, especially as an alien?), but being neglected and treated like part of the background is a pretty grounded situation so I can feel bad for her when that happens.

I always thought the endless summer was the main contributor to Nagato's "errors" that lead to Disappearance.

>You also owe it to yourselves to dig up the character songs
I remember listening to them, the songs are nice but I really dig the lyrics giving more personality to the characters (great stuff like youtube.com/watch?v=7FXsO4qJyPU )

>Minori Chihara live action video from Disappearance
Post it

This could be the case too, but Endless Eight doesn't seem all that important in the LN (only the final loop is shown), and Kyon's conclusion in Disappearance is that they've relied too much on Nagato without questioning her wellbeing, so neglect is definitely one of the main reasons.

Later in the LNs, Kyon almost becomes overprotective of Nagato which is pretty cute and fitting.

It was more than 500 years. There is a slight difference between the exact number in LN vs. anime but........

Also Haruhi Suzumiya is in fact still the goddess and end all be all meme girl of Sup Forums, has been for a decade and there is not even a contender.

>S3 get's announced
Just imagine the sticky, glorious

Broadcast will always remain optional, it's a thing just for people that see the non-melancholy episodes as just filler/bland SoL, which is a pleb mentaility.

meant for

Was it the ultimate pleb filter?

There's something unique and indescribable about the fact that when you see it for the first time, you see Yuki go apeshit vs. Asakura with 0 explaination as to what's happening or how she is doing it. You find out she's actually an alien interface after that. More simple example: ep.00, the first episode you see is a movie within a movie with absolutely no explanation and doesn't even feature the titular character beyond a muttered line or two and part of her leg. Unraveling that weirdness *is* the show. It makes you Kyon and injects you into Haruhi's reality instead of our own predictable, logical, possible world.

Word to the wise: Haruhi is not a slice of life. That's just the merest surface framing device. Don't just read the synopsis of a mystery. It was written, animated, and aired in a certain way for a certain reason. Kyoani didn't just make a LN adaptation right off the page. If they had, you wouldn't be here, close to 12 years later, having this discussion. Even if you watch it in "chronoligical" (Haruhi's) order, it's not. Arcs of the story don't take place in order no matter what and that fact messes with her character development. Her darkest, most dangerous point is in the show long after it took place in-setting. As an example. I could sit here and write out an actual "chronological" rundown that keeps character arcs intact but even then, it doesn't fit anything like neatly together. Just burn a few extra brain cells and see it for real.

The whole show is in the same spirit as Endless Eight and so is the movie. EE is just more clearcut about it. It is a show about the nature of reality, God, what the concept of God even means, and what God's creations would be like if God observed them. And that's just Koizumi and Kyon's Haruhi 101 discussions.

Never let anybody convince you to collate, reorder, shoehorn logic into, or otherwise strip the magic from Suzumiya-san. Don't fuck it up, you only get to do it once.

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

The thing is you could apply a meme order to literally any show to make it more interesting, so in the end it feels forced instead of a writing merit (rather a lack of faith in the writing). Broadcast is a quirky optional watch, but chronological is the one you have to do sooner or later.
>Her darkest, most dangerous point is in the show long after it took place in-setting
Because of bad writing (second novel placed too late in the story), if you watch the show in broadcast it's even worst, because Sighs would be the conclusion of the series.